Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantonaGiggs1

My God, you're fecking clueless.

Van Persie, Mata, Berbatov, Veron nah we never buy big names.......

Take your negativity somewhere else. You say the same shite in all your posts between different threads/

How nice of you to misconstrue my post.

When was the last time we bought players like Vidal, Di Maria, Cavani,Hummels, Herrera, Shaw etc all in the same transfer window.

The players being mentioned here are not the same as the Van Persie and Mata signings. Different situation.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How nice of you to misconstrue my post.

When was the last time we bought players like Vidal, Di Maria, Cavani,Hummels, Herrera, Shaw etc all in the same transfer window.

The players being mentioned here are not the same as the Van Persie and Mata signings. Different situation.
When was the last time we had such a disaster of a season as the one we've just seen?

NMF

Until a more reliable source reports on this it's all just non sense to me.

ottosec

If we didn't make and offer so far, I think we're not in for him. We obviously want to have the new players as soon as possible and there is no way we wouldn't make a bid yet if we were still after him. Maybe we were told that Juventus doesn't want to sell, or the player doesn't want to come here and we moved on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
For those RTing Pedro Hernandez on Vidal. He's a Chilean lecturer. An ITK already told off by Chilean journalists for twisting their quotes.

Mali_Zeus

I don't mind us overpaying if it serves a purpose. I wouldn't mind overpaying for somebody genuinly exciting like Vidal or Di Maria but not for Herrera and Shaw. As said it were signing long overdue, if they were the best we could get for that position I understand we overpaid. But if it means we won't be signing Vidal or Di Maria (or any other top transfer) because all the money is up, than no I won't be happy. We won't be playing good football with mediocre players, we might be getting better results but the football won't be on the level I would like to see it. LVG can have them play a tactical good game and have them fight and stick together like a real team, which is very important but he is not a magician that can make average players perform on worldclass level. This club deserves to see better players at work than it currently has, I don't know why fans shouldn't be allowed to be disappointed if they aren't getting them.

A midfield of Herrera and Vidal has the potential to play mouthwatering stuff, Carrick and Herrera could be decent at best but will never be mouthwatering. I'am not saying I want stars on all positions, but you need a couple if you want to be a wordclass team again. United doesn't have enough class players, and the ones it have are all playing too much in the same positions and aren't really even that shinny anymore, even somebody like RVP isn't all that anymore (just look at the Holland squad, he wasn't the star, Robben was). Maybay it is not required for getting 4th spot with a good manager like LVG, but just getting 4th spot is not what United should be about.
After a season we had last year, getting 4th spot is a start. As for other stuff you wrote I agree but try to be a bit optimistic. :)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't mind us overpaying if it serves a purpose. I wouldn't mind overpaying for somebody genuinly exciting like Vidal or Di Maria but not for Herrera and Shaw. As said it were signing long overdue, if they were the best we could get for that position I understand we overpaid. But if it means we won't be signing Vidal or Di Maria (or any other top transfer) because all the money is up, than no I won't be happy. We won't be playing good football with mediocre players, we might be getting better results but the football won't be on the level I would like to see it. LVG can have them play a tactical good game and have them fight and stick together like a real team, which is very important but he is not a magician that can make average players perform on worldclass level. This club deserves to see better players at work than it currently has, I don't know why fans shouldn't be allowed to be disappointed if they aren't getting them.

A midfield of Herrera and Vidal has the potential to play mouthwatering stuff, Carrick and Herrera could be decent at best but will never be mouthwatering. I'am not saying I want stars on all positions, but you need a couple if you want to be a wordclass team again. United doesn't have enough class players, and the ones it have are all playing too much in the same positions and aren't really even that shinny anymore, even somebody like RVP isn't all that anymore (just look at the Holland squad, he wasn't the star, Robben was). Maybay it is not required for getting 4th spot with a good manager like LVG, but just getting 4th spot is not what United should be about.
Jesus would you ever listen to yourself

crossy1686

career ending
There's no quality British CM available left.
Lampard?

No, I'm joking. There aren't any good British players around, period! I think Van Gaal will be under some pressure to use the academy more, if not this coming season, definitely the season after. The spending spree is a means to an end and the end being getting back into Europe.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Don't panic about these quotes from Di Marzio there's a very tentative game going on here between the two clubs.

We have been told there is a definite ceiling for the player that must be met. I think we are trying to haggle down that price since we've lost a huge asset in Evra to them we believe we're owed something. They obviously disagree and will be extremely harsh on the situation.

We have an optimal budget to adhere to and perhaps sales of players isn't going as well as hoped. We will haggle every deal down a couple of million and try to offload players we don't want as part of the deal. Don't be surprised if this drags on for another entire week before you see something like "35m with add ons raising to 40m plus Nani"

It's obvious to me we want to pay under 40 for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Don't panic about these quotes from Di Marzio there's a very tentative game going on here between the two clubs.

We have been told there is a definite ceiling for the player that must be met. I think we are trying to haggle down that price since we've lost a huge asset in Evra to them we believe we're owed something. They obviously disagree and will be extremely harsh on the situation.

We have an optimal budget to adhere to and perhaps sales of players isn't going as well as hoped. We will haggle every deal down a couple of million and try to offload players we don't want as part of the deal. Don't be surprised if this drags on for another entire week before you see something like "35m with add ons raising to 40m plus Nani"

I agree with you SolidShite :D

Donut

So you think we will get him?

mata10

Today's tuttosport says that juve do not plan or need to sell him. He will only go if an offer of 60 million euros is made.

SammyUnited_83

Not sure if serious?!

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It's all down to the player at the end of the day. If Vidal decides he want's to leave it will happen.
If he wants to leave Juventus, I'm sure other clubs might well be interested in Vidal at some point not just Manchester United.

Litch

Not being negative but until I see it first on either SPN or BBC Sport news, the rest is just speculation. Been here too many times where players and clubs use Utd to increase and lengthen their current contracts. Absolute great signing if it comes off but like I've said elsewhere, lets hope we have a good plan 'B'.

Godfather

Still can't see this happening at all. It's also become more silent around it, just like the Kroos and Schweinsteiger stories have weeks ago.

soapythecat

Won't happen and was never even an option - my opinion. I can see Pogba leaving for Chelsea though, just because it seems like their kind of transfer. I very much doubt our interest got further than a question to Juve regarding availability. The only noises coming from anywhere regarding this transfer seem to be on here, but people insist on getting giddy because of some random on twitter makes stuff up to get followers.
Quality player though - looked fantastic during the WC.

IwatUwat

Today's tuttosport says that juve do not plan or need to sell him. He will only go if an offer of 60 million euros is made.
This is clearly their position. It just depends what their thoughts are if 50mil actually went down on the table. It does change clubs position. Everyone has their price I also believe Juve may want some of our players, Evra / Nani .... if we can give them good deals on these potentially that'll sweeten the deal. Evra clearly seems a low price relatively.

Revan

Assumptionman
Carrick was carrying nobody last season.
He was by far our best midfielder last season. By his standards though, he was poor but it ain't easy to keep our midfield single-handed (like he has done in the last 5 years) all by himself.

Eriksen

Whereas Suarez had a wonderful World Cup, where he swathed himself in glory and cemented his reputation as the ultimate pro.

RVP last season, 32 appearances, 24 goals. Pretty average.

He's a terrible professional and an awful human being. He still played only one game against decent (don't laugh) opposition and scored twice. That's one less than Van Persie scored in the entire tournament despite reaching the semi-finals and playing for a superior side with the likes of Robben and Sneijder feeding him. Suarez did this injured and unfit, barely coming back.

He's been than Van Persie at the moment, who is still a top striker but Suarez is probably the third or fourth best player overall in the entire world right now. His ability is staggering - what lets him down is his ability to get banned every five minutes.

Despite his goals, you can't pretend he wasn't quite himself last season. Lots of United fans were actually saying it was time to go and felt he didn't look motivated on the pitch whatsoever. Maybe he'll be different next season but this World Cup he's been meh as well apart from vs. a Spain team that badly screwed up. I genuinely hope he's back to his best because I'd rather United for the league than City/Chelsea or Arsenal. Maybe I went overboard saying he was average but compared to Suarez he was, that is for certain.

Right now Suarez is quite clearly the better player and has been for a little while now. You'd very much struggle to find someone that would prefer to have Van Persie on ability alone that isn't a Manchester United fan.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's a terrible professional and an awful human being. He still played only one game against decent (don't laugh) opposition and scored twice. That's one less than Van Persie scored in the entire tournament despite reaching the semi-finals and playing for a superior side with the likes of Robben and Sneijder feeding him. Suarez did this injured and unfit, barely coming back.

He's been than Van Persie at the moment, who is still a top striker but Suarez is probably the third or fourth best player overall in the entire world right now. His ability is staggering - what lets him down is his ability to get banned every five minutes.

Despite his goals, you can't pretend he wasn't quite himself last season. Lots of United fans were actually saying it was time to go and felt he didn't look motivated on the pitch whatsoever. Maybe he'll be different next season but this World Cup he's been meh as well apart from vs. a Spain team that badly screwed up. I genuinely hope he's back to his best because I'd rather United for the league than City/Chelsea or Arsenal. Maybe I went overboard saying he was average but compared to Suarez he was, that is for certain.

Right now Suarez is quite clearly the better player and has been for a little while now. You'd very much struggle to find someone that would prefer to have Van Persie on ability alone that isn't a Manchester United fan.

The Dutch are not really a superior team.

Sir A1ex

I thought this had already been mentioned, but GET THE FECK OUT OF THIS THREAD! (Please)

FromTheBench

Still can't see this happening at all. It's also become more silent around it, just like the Kroos and Schweinsteiger stories have weeks ago.
Kroos became silent after everyone reported together that LVG had rejected him. Same as Fabregas before.

Schweinsteiger was never this loud.

Anyway, the longer we don't see movement on this one the less likely it is to happen i imagine.

Eriksen

The Dutch are not really a superior team.
I'd say they are better than Uruguay. Not a great team all round wise but they have a few more standout players (Uruguay have Cavani but who'd swap him for Robben?) and I'd say the better side overall.

Better manager as well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'd say they are better than Uruguay. Not a great team all round wise but they have a few more standout players (Uruguay have Cavani but who'd swap him for Robben?) and I'd say the better side overall.

Better manager as well.
So you say Suarez is better than RVP but you dont mention that, but mention Robben being better than Cavani...
The Uruguay defence is also miles ahead of the Dutch sides.

Yes the Dutch have a better manager agreed, but the Dutch are not a superior team.

Sir A1ex

Indeed.

How's this thread measuring up to previous epic transfer fails in terms of length? I always think that's a key indicator of just how disappointed we're all going to be....

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Why has this thread become all about RVP and Suarez... did I miss something?

Back to topic, when is the Vidal signing being announced?

Sir A1ex

I thought I'd take a look and answer my own question... here are all transfer threads for player we've been in for whihc had over 4,000 replies (as of now Vidal has 4,400):

Got
Berbatov - 19384
Herrera - 9714
Mata - 8084
Shaw - 6952
Fellaini - 6545
RVP - 6428

Missed
Thiago - 15736
Sneijder - 13667
Hazard - 8851
Ozil - 5449
Nasri(?!) - 5452
Kroos - 5333
Benzema - 4918
Sanchez (2010-11) - 4903
Lucas - 4885
Fabregas - 4270
Bale - 4148

So by my reckoning, once we get passed about 6k, our chances of signing him massively improve from about 1 in 3 to about 2 in 3.

So get posting!!! (just not about Suarez and RVP)

bleedred

Can we lock this down till we get some source on this rather than some twitter bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.