Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blair

I just hope this isn't another fabregas case, pissing about trying to sign a guy you haven't a hope of getting, to leave ourselves fecked at the end of the window because we have no other option other than to panic buy another pile of shite like fellaini.

Stretch

keep deluding yourself mate. Sure, we could have had Vidal if we wanted him, just like Thiago, Cesc, Hazard........
What are you on about? Like I said, it cannot be disputed that Vidal himself confirmed our interest. It's evident we've not pushed through with it or he's decided to go elsewhere/stay at Juve.

Moonred

For what its worth, Di Marzio doesn't mention anything about Manchester in his article. All he says is, He doesn't know if he is going to stay at Juve, he hasn't spoken to his teammates or coach and he is going to have to speak to the coach first, but he is happy there.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
So basically he said the same thing he's been saying for a while. Nice to be woken up every once in a while though, was getting a bit slow.

Stretch

For what its worth, Di Marzio doesn't mention anything about Manchester in his article. All he says is, He doesn't know if he is going to stay at Juve, he hasn't spoken to his teammates or coach and he is going to have to speak to the coach first, but he is happy there.
I've just noticed this too.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We absolutely need another midfielder. Carrick out for a few months and Fletcher with his problem. If Herrera gets injured, we are back to last year's option in Cleverley and Fellaini.

Raw

Can I get a link to the article?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
If that bullshit quote had come from someone with 1000 followers saying we had signed Vidal and it was done and dusted, everyone would have dismissed it as bullshit immediately. When Vidal said on Chilevision that he was aware of interest and generally implied he may move, everyone wanted to see the source video before they would believe it. As soon as people see some shit on twitter that it's off from a complete nobody it's meltdown!

I'm still confident he'll leave Juve and I can't see any other bigger team than ourselves being in for him.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Wasn't this on Sky Italian or something? A video interview....that's what I'm seeing on twitter but with no links to said video.

Stretch

We need that video confirmation and an Italian speaker to translate for us, STAT! Our hopes and dreams depend on this muppets!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We absolutely need another midfielder. Carrick out for a few months and Fletcher with his problem. If Herrera gets injured, we are back to last year's option in Cleverley and Fellaini.

This is a real worry.

bugmat

Just a poor translation. It actually says "I do not stay at Juve. Monday, I'll go Manchester, I'll talk to the coach. I know I'm happy."

Back on.
Sounds like he's saying he doesn't know where he'll be next season, but for sure he will talk to Allegri Monday. This plane he's boarding isn't going to Manchester *checks ticket* ;)

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
keep deluding yourself mate. Sure, we could have had Vidal if we wanted him, just like Thiago, Cesc, Hazard........
You've seemed very pessimistic about Vidal the whole way through. You almost seem gleeful this random on twitter has said he's turned us down, but I guarantee you wouldn't have believed it if the same bloke had said he was on his way.

You need to release the muppet in yourself, my friend. It's ok if you get hurt at the end of all this. You'll be a stronger man for the experience ;)

mata10

I have come hither to saveth you the muppets!

Blair

You've seemed very pessimistic about Vidal the whole way through. You almost seem gleeful this random on twitter has said he's turned us down, but I guarantee you wouldn't have believed it if the same bloke had said he was on his way.

You need to release the muppet in yourself, my friend. It's ok if you get hurt at the end of all this. You'll be a stronger man for the experience ;)
im pessimistic because it's boring now. The same nonsense goes on every summer, we get fixated with one world class player and get let down every time. Tell me the last time we signed one of the worlds very best footballers from another league?

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Is it a genuine denial or an answer just to get the reporter to stop asking him the questions about the future?
He wasn't snubbing the reporter, he was just giving short answers basically to everything he asked. He was only after arriving at the airport and was walking out with the reporter asking him questions. He basically said " i am very happy here at Juve" and denied he was going to Manchester.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
im pessimistic because it's boring now. The same nonsense goes on every summer, we get fixated with one world class player and get let down every time. Tell me the last time we signed one of the worlds very best footballers from another league?
Just because you're bored doesn't decrease our chances of signing him though!

You're right. United rarely sign top talent from other leagues. However when was the last time we finished 7th in the PL?

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
These non stories and fake quotes are probably the most annoying thing about all of this. Has there ever been a saga like it.

Hawkeye

They were hounding him through the Airport. He was probably getting annoyed with them,they didn't get much and twisted his words or made up the end of it. After getting of a plane I just wanna get out of the place like most people. He was probably the same.

You only have to look at the amount of bull that come from British newspapers. Foreign papers are just as bad.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Also he is obviously not going to say YES to that question. He is not going to make his decision in the fecking airport. It would have been worse than Hazard announcing it on Twitter. "Im signing with the European champions." fecking prick.

Hed Zitin

The lad hasn't even been back to the club yet. Wait and see.

I'm pessimistic about this like I am with all the big names we get linked with, but it's not dead just yet.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Basically he says to the reporter, "no no" meaning no it is not true i am going to Manchester. Thats the context that i got from him any way.

Stretch

Even though I don't understand Italian, it certainly doesn't seem like an emphatic NO I'm not going to Manchester from the video clip.

Bestie07

He wasn't snubbing the reporter, he was just giving short answers basically to everything he asked. He was only after arriving at the airport and was walking out with the reporter asking him questions. He basically said " i am very happy here at Juve" and denied he was going to Manchester.
Saw the clip, definitely not as bad as I thought (not that I understand Italian). The guy has landed after a long flight and gets hounded by the press. He gives the answers so as not to piss off anyone. It's still pretty much the status quo IMO.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
They were hounding him through the Airport. He was probably getting annoyed with them,they didn't get much and twisted his words or made up the end of it. After getting of a plane I just wanna get out of the place like most people. He was probably the same.

You only have to look at the amount of bull that come from British newspapers. Foreign papers are just as bad.
I find travelling stressful enough as a mere pleb. I think I'd have a breakdown if I was jumped by all those journos. Especially knowing my every word is about to be over-analysed by the entire internet.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Just seen the quotes so can anyone clairify if Vidal ruled us out or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.