Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mata10

I speak italian. Certainly enough to know there's certainly no misleading quotes about. He's asked if he's staying, he says yes. He's asked if he's going to Manchester, he says no. Job done. Any laugh that could be interpreted as nervous, could just as easily (in fact more so) be interpreted as laughing of a ridiculous notion.
Doesnt say yes to staying, he says "I dont know, I am happy here". If he had said yes it would be all over twitter. The only quote that is debatable Is the manchester quote and you clearly see him laughing in it. Even the juve fans are far from convinced. They actually speak italian very well.

Stretch

I speak italian. Certainly enough to know there's certainly no misleading quotes about. He's asked if he's staying, he says yes. He's asked if he's going to Manchester, he says no. Job done. Any laugh that could be interpreted as nervous, could just as easily (in fact more so) be interpreted as laughing of a ridiculous notion.
Also, there was a translation that said he said 'I don't know I don't know' when he was asked if he's staying. Just asking since you speak Italian.

EDIT: here you go, so what does he say exactly:

Sam

Its so obvious that this isn't happening. He's just confirmed it ffs :lol:

Brightonian

I've never thought there was much chance of this, but that video shows nothing. He mumbles 'no, no' to several of the other questions too - he just wants to get rid of the reporter, and is not answering questions. It doesn't even really sound like an answer to the question, just a refusal to answer.

Still don't think there's much chance simply because it would hurt Juve so badly to lose him. If they need money they'll sell someone else to get it. But he's communicated nothing in that video.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Seriously muppets, don't do it to yourselves, it always ends in tears. This is a no goer.

Ekeke

I really dont think we need an attacking player like Vidal in our team. If you ask him to sit in front of the defence like Fletcher was, you'd have a player who definitely isn't £40 million better than Fletcher. Still better yes but someone who actually suits the role of sitting and protecting would look better than our record signing.

And if you ask Ander to do it, he won't show half of the ability he showed last night.

Get someone who can display all their talents by playing a disciplined role and passing the ball about. Thats almost the opposite of Vidal

Stretch

It's not debatable. He's asked, he laughs then says no. What's debatable about that?
According to di Marzio he says:

The future? “I’m still on vacation, we’ll see starting from tomorrow. Allegri? I haven’t heard from him or from my teammates yet. I don’t know yet if I’ll stay, I have to speak with Allegri first, but I’m happy here.”
Not sure if that translation is correct, hence me asking.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
According to di Marzio he says:

Not sure if that translation is correct, hence me asking.
I understand Italian and in the video he definitely says yes i am staying, and says no to Manchester. If you go back a page or 2 there is a discussion on this i made quite a few posts on it.

mata10

It's not debatable. He's asked, he laughs then says no. What's debatable about that?
Debatable what that laugh means and how serious the "no no" is. Look he could simply have said i will stay at juve like 3 times now. He has specifically mentioned our interest when he was in chile. He might not sign for us, but i dont think this interview can be taken into any account. It was like a typical stalker, Following him asking questions.

Last year with thiago someone followed him and got him to sign a united shirt ( i believe a caf newbie). We all know how that ended. This interview means nothing, every thing will be clear by the end of next week.

Stretch

Change the title it is OFF OFF OFF

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ster-united8217-as-he-waits-on-juventus-talks

""I’m happy here. I’m calm. I believe Juve fans can be too. I still haven't spoken to Allegri or my team-mates. I’m not going to Manchester."

I can't actually believe he is going to Real/Bayern/Liverpool. Why cant feking sign someone that can defend
Well you're a bit late. We've gone beyond that. We're now at the stage of analysing if what he said was serious and wandering what he meant by 'I don't know' when asked about his future.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Change the title it is OFF OFF OFF

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ster-united8217-as-he-waits-on-juventus-talks

""I’m happy here. I’m calm. I believe Juve fans can be too. I still haven't spoken to Allegri or my team-mates. I’m not going to Manchester."

I can't actually believe he is going to Real/Bayern/Liverpool. Why cant feking sign someone that can defend
He didn't exactly say those exact words, " Im not going to Manchester". He was asked if its true he is NOT going to Manchester to which he LAUGHED and said "no no". This doesn't change anything in my opinion.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sky sports going on like it's some dramatic news. We've been told he's not coming for weeks.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Ok, so how do we explain di Marzio's version?
Question is Di Marzio telling the truth? Or is he leading more Man United fans on for more re tweets etc? I could clearly understand what Vidal said in the interview any way.

Stretch

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
After the second question, he actually says "Si, si, le mani, le mani" meaning "Yes yes, the hands, the hands".

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Those quotes mean nothing. Stupid to think it's off from that. This saga is a joke and just wait for an ending instead of making judgements from quotes that are in fact very inconclusive.

Sam

He says 'no, no' twice, the second time being more firm. Was he answering the same question?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Darn. I'll pack up my tent and move on. Who's next?
We haven't been linked with anyone more strongly than Vidal. That's one of the many reasons I'm keeping my tent well and truly pitched. I have one of those tents with extra pods though, so you're welcome to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.