Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

I remember years ago on Talking Reds some guy used to pretend to be Ruud Van Nistelrooy and people always mocked him. Then he made a thread saying ''I'm off'' and a few weeks later Ruud actually left. Which is quite funny.
Well that would certainly explain why Ruud kept asking to leave every Summer :nervous::lol:

gasmanc

Banned
It's pretty obvious what I'm saying. People trot out this "we don't sign this type of player" line, when the reality is this club is very different now to the one we used to know. Last year you could have said we don't employ foreign managers, but now we have. You could have said we don't sack managers and give them time, but we did that too.

The club has changed. You can't rule anything out based on what we used to not do.
Useful post, pretty much how it's got to be ! Evolution and all that, we can't sit still dreaming of how it used to be, the club has to change because footballs changed, footballs always changing and it's evolved into a business. Big fcuking business, so yea rule out nothing.
We need to sign big players from abroad or we will fold up.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
I wonder if this is the player Rooney was so happy about coming. It would make sense.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I've been suspected of being Javier Hernandez a few times, what with the Username.

RetroStu

I'd do it if I was a player.
The only Utd players who wont read this forum are players who either hate technology or hate the internet.
I think thats why i cringe when i read some of the stuff about Rooney on here, a player that will probably go down as out all time leading goal scorer at age 30.

Browniee

So lads, didn't watch the Madrid game. Do you think LVG will want another CM now? How did the midfield perform?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
So lads, didn't watch the Madrid game. Do you think LVG will want another CM now? How did the midfield perform?
Absolutely.

Cleverley was his useless self when he came on 2nd-half & Herrera has gone downhill from his debut against Galaxy. I'm not sayin he's not up to it against the better teams, but he's gonna take time to bed in.

Fletch has been the stand-out CM for us on the tour & one of our best players overall. To say i'm delighted would be an understatement.

Commanding, great passing & box to box. Best candidate for captaincy if he can stay fit & i think he will. United through & through. Love the fella. Legend :devil:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Clev had a stinker today, but I doubt it will sway LvG much if he hasn't already decided whether or not to buy a midfielder.

dinners85

Fletch has been the stand-out CM for us on the tour & one of our best players overall. To say i'm delighted would be an understatement.

Commanding, great passing & box to box. Best candidate for captaincy if he can stay fit & i think he will. United through & through. Love the fella. Legend :devil:
Couldn't agree more.

Calm, composed & solid.

How reliable he'll be in the long term (or even the short term) nobody knows.

In terms of evaluating the overall midfield situation - I hope LVG understands or at least appreciates that Fletcher could be no more than a fantastic bonus at this stage given his situation.

Last edited:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
IF Fletcher is back to his 08/10 days then maybe our biggest concern moves to getting numbers into defence?

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Clev had a stinker today, but I doubt it will sway LvG much if he hasn't already decided whether or not to buy a midfielder.
How many more times do we have to keep sayin that man, before the powers that be actually cop-on that he's not a Premier League player - nevermind a United player. It does my head in when folk just keep shiting on that he'll come good.

He wont come good - he's 25 this month & if he hadnt come through the academy - he'd been out the door years ago.

Felliani had a stinker in his debut season & he's goin out the door now. Cleverley's an average academy player at best - so just get rid asap.

He'd look really shite in the Ireland team & that says something!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
IF Fletcher is back to his 08/10 days then maybe our biggest concern moves to getting numbers into defence?
I've said it well before pre-season, that if Fletch as a healthy break (no shows of illness) & is able to grow his fitness, then we have our best CM back without a doubt.

He's the smartest player in our side without a doubt. He makes the right decisions all over the pitch & instructs others where to pass the ball to avoid interceptions (pointing & shouting), and commands that the play goes forward when we're set in defence to do so.

Compare that to mindset to Cleverley & you'll see what a real United player looks like!

hobbers

Fletcher, Carrick, Vidal, Herrera

Pretty solid midfield four. Make it happen.

caid

I thought he was ok. Except that pass.
Nah he was ... competent, which i think is an improvement.
Van Gaal has only been around a month, its early days with turning cleverley around.
I'd keep him another season, no guarantee's with fletch or carrick.

Utd7

Not saying that Vidal will happen but Ed really backed himself into a corner with his "watch this space" comments. He pretty much has to deliver a signing or he will face ridicule worse than last summer.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I thought he was ok. Except that pass.
Nah he was ... competent, which i think is an improvement.
Van Gaal has only been around a month, its early days with turning cleverley around.
I'd keep him another season, no guarantee's with fletch or carrick.
There is no turning Cleverley around.

NK86

I've said it well before pre-season, that if Fletch as a healthy break (no shows of illness) & is able to grow his fitness, then we have our best CM back without a doubt.

He's the smartest player in our side without a doubt. He makes the right decisions all over the pitch & instructs others where to pass the ball to avoid interceptions (pointing & shouting), and commands that the play goes forward when we're set in defence to do so.

Compare that to mindset to Cleverley & you'll see what a real United player looks like!
I had a grainy stream and could not make out who the players passing the ball were. Then the secons half started and I saw a player play a first time pass from near the half way line 20 yards back to his defender even though there was no one around him. Then he did the same again a few seconds later. I immediately knew it had to be Cleverley. So I tried to watch the player closely, it turned out I was correct. His lack of balls is amazing. The guy almost feels scared to hold onto the ball. It really is embarrassing. First time pasa and all is fine but he actually makes me feel that he is scared of receiving the ball lest he give it away.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@vishnu87 I agree, but as far as I know right now only mufc are interested in the player, but honestly anything could happen.

Devil may care

The scene is perfectly set for Woody to have a classic Hollywood moment, just as Vidal is about to board the plane to Asia he will dash through the airport and yell out "Arty! Come with me to Manchester" at which point Vidal will step forward with tears in his eyes, knowing we really do want him......Then Woody will throw the briefcase of cash at Marotta in a moment of ecstasy and victory, only it will get sucked up into the engine and the deal will be off.....but he'll have tried!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Juve will take off on their Asian tour today & will return to Turin on August 17. SKY will broadcast at least 2 matches of the tour.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Marotta gives an ultimatum to Vidal, the Chilean needs to be clear with Juventus. [Corriere dello Sport]

Y2A

So basically Juve are bloody open to selling Vidal, but we just aren't interested. :houllier::annoyed:

RustyS

It's so obvious that Juve are ready to cash in on him. They've said the same thing over and over in so many different ways.

Essentially a £40m bid and Vidal saying he would like to leave will have this wrapped up in no time. Juve are not trying to stop the transfer.

So why isn't it happening? It has to be one of these reasons:
  1. Vidal doesn't want to leave.
  2. LvG is not interested in Vidal or prefers other midfield targets.
  3. LvG is not interested in signing any midfielder.
  4. We think Juve's valuation is too high.
Which one do you folks think is most likely?

NMF

It's so obvious that Juve are ready to cash in on him. They've said the same thing over and over in so many different ways.

Essentially a £40m bid and Vidal saying he would like to leave will have this wrapped up in no time. Juve are not trying to stop the transfer.

So why isn't it happening? It has to be one of these reasons:
  1. Vidal doesn't want to leave.
  2. LvG is not interested in Vidal or prefers other midfield targets.
  3. LvG is not interested in signing any midfielder.
  4. We think Juve's valuation is too high.
Which one do you folks think is most likely?
2. I think Van Gaal is hell bent on wanting Strootman but will wait.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hours counted
Juve side for the tour and also embarks Vidal: "If he wants to go away, tell time"
It will not be the "guillotine" of Parliament, so fashionable in recent times to vote on a measure without further delay or discussion, but that of Beppe Marotta is no joke at all. Tired of having to face each day with any type of voice on the future of Arturo Vidal, Juventus yesterday to set a limit. At his patience and Juve. "If any player, not just Vidal - says Marotta - were to come to ask you to leave, will have to deal with logical times

Rest of the article is behind a pay wall,http://www.lastampa.it/2014/08/03/s...-in-tempo-E4HNzTegCohTty15DzmI6J/premium.html

ghagua

Over the last couple of years, I've read hundreds of players stating that "Manchester is following me", as of now, not one player who sprouted that line has signed for United. Not holding much hope for Vidal as he also spouted the same line or something similar. Juventus have done their whoring, but seems like United are not biting.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's clear that it hasn't reached any advanced stage with Vidal. And I don't see why we'd leave it this late.

lilcurt

If we were really in for him he would be our player by now. There isn't any reason for this to be dragged out.

It's over guys let's move on.

Sparky Rhiwabon

There is no way that Woodward is going to kill all the speculation re Vidal cos its a ready-made smokescreen for whoever Rooney has told Paddy Crerard we are going to sign. Clever guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.