Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They will. Deservedly.
Never. He's done nothing since he got here to suggest he is worth that. If he were on the market today I'd be surprised if we got much more than we paid for him. £18m tops I'd imagine.

Sadly, not enough players in our squad are worth more than £20m on the free-market. And £30m is the new £20m anyway. For a top club, we should probably have one or two players worth north of £60m, and a handful worth £25m/£30m+. I'd say most are worth between £5m and £18m today.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I think if we got a 15m offer for Nani he'd be gone. Though I'd prefer Young and Valencia gone.

Nani plus cash for Vidal
Kagawa plus cash for Gundogan

---------------------DDG

Rafael-------Jones---Smalling----Coentrao

------------Gundogan----Vidal

-Mata------------Rooney---------Januzaj
--------------------RvP
:drool:
:lol:

Bape

He should be our number 1 priority (or Gundogan). Closest player to Roy Keane in terms of playing style right now.

Ringo 07

He should be our number 1 priority (or Gundogan). Closest player to Roy Keane in terms of playing style right now.
I think if Juve are not prepared to sell Pogba to PSG for 70 million quid in january then there's no chance Vidal coming to us for big money in January.......also with the collapse of the Freddy Guarin deal with Inter...means Juve defo won't sell as the player they possibly had lined up to replace him is not going there now...a player like him though would be the signing to make us start dreaming again...for now don't see why we wouldn't go for Guarin instead

Last edited:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
83 appearances for Juve, 27 goals, 0.32 goals per game. For a CM that's a brilliant return, better than our entire midfield put together.

In fact, if you add the tally of Giggs, Carrick, Cleverley, Fletcher, Kagawa, Young, Nani and Valencia together over the past 3 seasons, it equates to 64 goals. That's between 8 players over 3 seasons, with half of those goals coming from Young, Nani and Valencia who averaged about 4 each season themselves. Really bad goal stats from our midfield, and has been for years now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think if Juve are not prepared to sell Pogba to PSG for 70 million quid in january then there's no chance Vidal coming to us for big money in January.......also with the collapse of the Freddy Guarin deal with Inter...means Juve defo won't sell as the player they possibly had lined up to replace him is not going there now...a player like him though would be the signing to make us start dreaming again...for now don't see why we wouldn't go for Guarin instead
There is no chance that was a legit bid. No matter who they are, Juve would not turn down 70m.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Thanks. I like.

Given Juventus' history of selling players I think a huge bid like £45m would make them really consider it. The biggest obstacle would probably be Vidal himself I reckon, the Juve loving bastard.
Concha y Toro could be a big draw as well, it would be a massive coup for all involved to have a Chilean star at United

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think Vidal is totally gettable. 40M gets the deal done IMO. But let's not confuse ourselves. That's a huge chunk of change to put down on one player. Muppets would do it in a heart beat, but will the bean counters? You'd have to imagine that there'd be at most 20M or so left in the kitty after that. This is assuming that the transfer budget is spread over a number of seasons, just as payments usually are. Then there is the wage bill to consider. Some will definitely have to move on. Young and Ferdinand are both big earners with limited playing time. I doubt Anderson is on chump change either. Probably 50-60K a week. Then there is Nani and Valencia. With Januzaj, Rooney, Mata, Kagawa all available to play across the attacking midfield line we probably only need one more of Young, Valencia and Nani (plus a youngster or two Zaha/Lingard). not really sure what my point is. Sign the cnut.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The problem is, he has a tattoo with 30 and 31 on it, representing the titles he has won with them. I don't think we can win 10 titles in a row to make that tattoo less silly on him..

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The problem is, he has a tattoo with 30 and 31 on it, representing the titles he has won with them. I don't think we can win 10 titles in a row to make that tattoo less silly on him..
He's a lifer. Don't think he'll ever move away from Juve tbh.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's not all about his love for them. His club will shaft him before he even gets to voice an opinion if we put up £50m-£60m.

LARulz

Much as I've spent hours backing him on here, that is one circumstance under which I'd happily wish Nani all the best and say goodbye!
Same as you. I've always liked Nani and still want him to stay but if this was even a slight possibility, it should be done instantly

Sir A1ex

I've also decided that Vidal is definitely the player is most like us to sign.

Not just for hours obvious abilities, but because it would effectively mean something good had come out of the Pogba debacle. If they were to sell Vidal it would only be because they have so much quality elsewhere in midfield, primarily Pogba. It would make the whole thing worth while!

Meanwhile, Back on planet earth, though...

Shark

@NotShark
I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would seriously doubt this happening, considering we've just signed Juan Mata.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
This guy is the ultimate. He's the answer to every midfield problem there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.