Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Did he turn down Bayern or was it a case of Leverkusen refusing to sell to them? @Balu
Heynckes was the manager at Leverkusen for 2 years and he wanted to bring Vidal with him to Bayern in the summer of 2011, who had only one year left on his contract. Leverkusen said they won't sell to Bayern, Bayern didn't want to offer enough money to change their opinion. We basically said, if Leverkusen isn't interesting in selling to us, Vidal should stick around for another year and then join us on a free. Vidal didn't want to wait and joined Juve, seemed like they were the only other interested European top club at the time.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Heynckes was the manager at Leverkusen for 2 years and he wanted to bring Vidal with him to Bayern in the summer of 2011, who had only one year left on his contract. Leverkusen said they won't sell to Bayern, Bayern didn't want to offer enough money to change their opinion. We basically said, if Leverkusen isn't interesting in selling to us, Vidal should stick around for another year and then join us on a free. Vidal didn't want to wait and joined Juve, seemed like they were the only other interested European top club at the time.
Cheers for the response.

If we are prepared to offer 40m+ then I think we'll get him. Mata and Vidal:drool:

SATA

Cheers. 95k euros per week isn't that bad really

Who's actually more highly-rated here? Vidal or Gundogan? If there is only one we could buy, who will it be? Also the fact that i have seen neither play

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

Who's actually more highly-rated here? Vidal or Gundogan? If there is only one we could buy, who will it be? Also the fact that i have seen neither play
Vidal surely. It's been aided by the fact Gundogan has been out the entire season whilst Vidal has continued to be stellar for Juve, 2nd top goalscorer I believe. Realistically I think Gundogan is more gettable, but wouldn't scoff at the thought of either, both are incredible footballers.

iAm20Legend

Cheers for the response.

If we are prepared to offer 40m+ then I think we'll get him. Mata and Vidal:drool:
And Gundogan in the summer? :drool:
Feeling pessimistic though. It ain't happening is what my head tells me :rolleyes:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

Gundogan has had one world class season. Vidal has had about 3 or 4 now and is a complete CM.

Plus Gundogan has been injured for a while now. The last time we signed an injury prone midfielder from the Bundesliga it didn't really work out. Definitely Vidal for me.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Certainly has the confidence to succeed here...and he ain't wrong either :drool:

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-vidal-39-m-best-world-111525007--sow.html
Serie A - Vidal: I'm the best in the world
Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has insisted that, in his role, he is the best in the world.

The
Chile international has been in supreme form this season, scoring 10 goals in 20 League appearances, and the Chile international has told reporters in Germany that, on current form, he is the best box-to-box midfielder on the planet.
“Why am I playing so well? Well that’s simple,” he told Sport Bild. “Because in my role I am the best in the world. Many try to imitate my style, but I want to say one thing – I’m the best in the world. In my role, no one defends like me or scores as many goals as me.”

Who is Arturo Vidal?
Vidal, known as Il Guerriero (The Warrior), came 18th in the Ballon d'Eurosport earlier in the year. and has blossomed into one of Europe's most powerful, driving midfielders. The box-to-box 26-year-old, a tough tackler but also a confident finisher. Vidal’s partnership in central midfield with Andrea Pirlo was a key factor in ensuring Juventus retained the Serie A title last season and with Paul Pogba now also starring, Juventus' midfield is no doubt one of the best in the world.

Pirlo's experience and Vidal's dynamism have dovetailed superbly, and it is not a coincidence that the Chilean has won the Scudetto in each of his two seasons in Italy, while remaining on course for a hat-trick. Last year he showed his value as a goalscorer as well - with double-figures in Serie A, and a further five across the cup competitions but he has been even more prolific this campagin already matching that total in just 26 matches.
Vidal will be the key man for Chile at the World Cup this summer. Chile are in Group B with Spain, the Netherlands and Australia.

Last edited:

adamwest

I agree, definitely. Taking into account our current needs we bloody well should throw money at him. I just can't see us shelling out £50 million, £20 million more than our previous record signing - in January, with dithering Dave at the helm and Ed "the Aeroplane" Woodward as the man in charge of getting the deals done.
:lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Not often a player can come out and declare himself the best in his position and have people agreeing with him!

If we signed Vidal it would be the most excited I've been about transfer since Rooney arrived.

Not getting my hopes up, like. :nervous:

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Because in case we're serious about him, we'd probably throw £50m at Juventus and £200k/week at him. Juventus are a European giant, but their revenue is a fraction of ours and they would find it hard to resist mega bucks.
And we have a track record of throwing the big bucks.

Oh, wait.

Ferguson

Every time I watch Juve (admittedly not that often) Pogba is used out on the wing. I'm not sure that Pogba would ever have solved our CM problems like this guy could.

Still sorry we didn't keep Pogba mind.

Bojan11

So ESPN saying we want him along with Mata.

Just put a £50m bid for him. He'd be worth it.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
It could happen it we put up the money. I think if we waited till the summer for Mata we would have much more competition for his signature. Its worth a go.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we are willing to pay what is required, which I'd imagine will at least equal the British record, I think we would get him.

Devil may care

I love his answers in that interview, we need that kind of swagger added to the team, especially when it's coupled with the fact he's a monster defensively and scores goals. £50M and pay him the same as Rooney and RvP a week.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Certainly has the confidence to succeed here...and he ain't wrong either :drool:

Serie A - Vidal: I'm the best in the world
I'm not being funny but how much confidence do you need to succeed here?

Valencia is our first choice right winger and his confidence is so low he makes Roy Cropper look like Kanye West.

Sam

I'm not being funny but how much confidence do you need to succeed here?

Valencia is our first choice right winger and his confidence is so low he makes Roy Cropper look like Kanye West.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He loves Juventus too much.

More of a chance getting Gundogan.
Get them both, Carrick is 33 next season.

Gundogan - Vidal

Carrick, Fletcher and Fellaini as backups and sadly I'd let Cleverley go. He just hasn't kicked on.

That's what you call a sorted midfield.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Other than money I've no idea why a player of his class would want to join us and Moyes in our current state. Mata must be completely mad.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Another miserable twat
Or realist?

I am not saying it will never happen but we have not been willing to go the extra mile financially for a long list of targets.

It would be extremely out of character for this to change. We are taking about almost doubling our transfer fee record which has been pretty much the same for over 10 years.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Other than money I've no idea why a player of his class would want to join us and Moyes in our current state. Mata must be completely mad.
Mata's only joining us coz it's a World Cup year and he needs to play to improve his chances for it. Any player playing regularly at any top club wouldn't join a club (mis)managed by David flipping Moyes.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Vidal and Gundogan are obviously two quality players, however if I had to pick one it would definitely be Vidal.

He is so well-rounded and has an eye for goal, something our midfielders just don't have at the moment.

On the other hand, if we signed Gundogan people would probably learn how to say my name properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.