Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

Lots of negativity in this thread considering what we've just achieved in the Mata thread. They said that was impossible, and now they look silly. Woody and Moyes can bag this cnut and a left back before the weekend.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Lots of negativity in this thread considering what we've just achieved in the Mata thread. They said that was impossible, and now they look silly. Woody and Moyes can bag this cnut and a left back before the weekend.
Were you here last Summer? Or when it comes to signing a CM, the last 7 Summers?

Personally I just find it hard to believe that we're signing Vidal too. Even though I'm reading that we're serious about it and reportedly even made a bid. Just can't see it happening.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Some twat called me a transfer muppet today. Why, i nearly dropped my kermit stuffed toy!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ah, but we're too shit to attract top quality anymore. Like any top player would ever consider playing for Moyes or a Manchester United team who can't possibly make fourth place. Plus there's no way we'd spend big money on a player. We're an embarrassment you know.

Plus Moyes probably wants to sign more crap like Fellaini. If only Mourinho was here, then we'd sign quality players.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I said in the Mata thread early on that he would never sign for us, so I figured you'd love for me to come in here with my prophecies.

Vidal won't ever sign for Manchester United.
Never.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Are we actually being linked with Vidal via any reliable sources?
No.
And no source saying Vidal will come can be seen as reliable.
Even if it says he's signed on manutd.com i won't believe it until he actually plays.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Some twat called me a transfer muppet today. Why, i nearly dropped my kermit stuffed toy!
Haters gonna hate. Good performance in Mata thread, now let's make this transfer happen! Your services will be needed again 2MM

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Nothing wrong with being deemed a "transfer muppet" me aul china - take it as a compliment!

We all love gettin involved with potential new players comin in - especially world class players. I think we're gonna see a massive change in the way we buy players now. Fergie had his principles about not over-spending on top players (which i agreed with), but that has bit us on the arse. We've been left behind.

World-class players only want the money it seems & then the prestige of playin for a top club follows that chain of thought. We need to walk the walk & it looks like we're trying to do that.

Keep the faith Brothers & Sisters..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
The guy is worth 50m IMO. If he signed for us he would be the best midfielder in the league. Totally suited to the English game too.
Totally agree man. He has that die-hard attitude that would raise our game in a whole new level - exactly the way Keano did it for us. Box to box & has tricks aswell. Total package with this lad. Proper hunger to always be on the ball & make things happen. Thats Keano in a nutshell.

He takes a fantastic penalty too :drool:

Getsme

Vidal would be the dream signing, well worth £50 million. He's a massive Juventus fan (I think) saying that, money seems to be a priority over loyalty these days.

Ekeke

I think Madrid will pay through the nose for him the second theres a slight hint of availability from Juventus

Dante

Average bang
He's only got his tattoos on one bicep. I'm sure there'd be space on his left arm for 21 and 22 :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he really loves the old lady so much, I'm sure our Wayne could entice him with a few old ladies of our own :drool:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
:lol: Nani signed 6 years contract with us. Won't be selling for less than 25m. So Nani+20m max.
I think if we got a 15m offer for Nani he'd be gone. Though I'd prefer Young and Valencia gone.

Nani plus cash for Vidal
Kagawa plus cash for Gundogan

---------------------DDG

Rafael-------Jones---Smalling----Coentrao

------------Gundogan----Vidal

-Mata------------Rooney---------Januzaj
--------------------RvP
:drool:

arthurka

So Nani out for Vidal 30m
Gundogan in with Kagawa going the other way 30m
And we need a winger Reus 30m so 90m.
Next up defence LB and a CB for 40-50m.
Mata 35-40m.
180m to get us going, this loyalty to Moyes is going to cost us dearly.

Sir A1ex

Mata 35-40m.
That makes no sense at all. If wet got that lot (not that we will) and still did shit, and fired Moyes, them whoever took over would have an amazing set of players to use. How would that be a waste of money?

The Man Himself

Mata 35-40m.
Obviously we won't go for all. If we do, there will be deaprtures so net cost would not be 180m. Also, How did you calculate Gundogan = Kagawa+30m? Gundogan can't be valued at 55m if his contract is running out next year.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That makes no sense at all. If wet got that lot (not that we will) and still did shit, and fired Moyes, them whoever took over would have an amazing set of players to use. How would that be a waste of money?
Obviously we won't go for all. If we do, there will be deaprtures so net cost would not be 180m. Also, How did you calculate Gundogan = Kagawa+30m? Gundogan can't be valued at 55m if his contract is running out next year.
Also, if we just bought Mata, would we really be in for another winger, with the emergence of Januzaj? Especially without getting rid of 2 of Valencia, Young, Nani?

Also, if someone like Reus was bought, I could see 1 of Rooney/Hernandez/RvP leaving as well.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Vidal just signed a new deal. We would have to double what we just paid for Mata. On top of the massive Fellaini fee.

The Man Himself

Vidal just signed a new deal. We would have to double what we just paid for Mata. On top of the massive Fellaini fee.
When was his contract set to expire previously? and till when is it under new deal?

The Man Himself

Also, if we just bought Mata, would we really be in for another winger, with the emergence of Januzaj? Especially without getting rid of 2 of Valencia, Young, Nani?

Also, if someone like Reus was bought, I could see 1 of Rooney/Hernandez/RvP leaving as well.
We also have players like Lingard who can step up next season and can be deployed in wide area. I don't think we will go for so many players as mentioned above.

Bojan11

We also have players like Lingard who can step up next season and can be deployed in wide area. I don't think we will go for so many players as mentioned above.
You think Lingard is good enough to make it here?

I don't. And I'd say Zaha is much more talented than him.

arthurka

We wont be the only team going for him so 25-30m isnt far off.. The best available player in the world atm.

The Man Himself

We wont be the only team going for him so 25-30m isnt far off.. The best available player in the world atm.
25-30m isn't far off but we are supposedly adding Kagawa as well and I don't value him less than 25m.

You think Lingard is good enough to make it here?

I don't. And I'd say Zaha is much more talented than him.
I got to say, I like Lingard and can see him making the cut. He has the right attitude and from whatever I have seen of him, he is good in getting involved in the one-touch passing and movement around the box, which we are hoping will happen now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mata 35-40m.
This type of signings were needed irrespective on whether we brought moyes or not

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No team would pay £25m for Kagawa. And rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.