Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

€73m is around £58m, which, while it's ludicrously expensive, I don't see it as overpriced necessarily seeing as what some players have/do go for, he's a good 6 seasons left in him, so it'd equate to £10m p/s without wages
that's nice but completely irrelevant :)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
€73m is around £58m, which, while it's ludicrously expensive, I don't see it as overpriced necessarily seeing as what some players have/do go for, he's a good 6 seasons left in him, so it'd equate to £10m p/s without wages
Isn't it more like £40-45million?

saivet

We've racked up all these posts and all we know is that Vidal is on our radar :lol:

It's just the same shit everyday, hopefully the muppet power will come through in the end.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I was talking in dollars, you responded about Euro's, ergo it's nothing to do with what I said, which I believe makes it ... umm ... irrelevant?
It doesn,t your being pedantic as always, you should be a lawyer, or try to be.

The fact is, whether it was €73m, £58m or 73$ is irrelevant, as my point was that despite any of the mentioned prices, I still believe he'd be worth it.

Cina

It doesn,t your being pedantic as always, you should be a lawyer, or try to be.

The fact is, whether it was €73m, £58m or 73$ is irrelevant, as my point was that despite any of the mentioned prices, I still believe he'd be worth it.
If being correct makes me pedantic then I'll happily be pedantic all the time.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If being correct makes me pedantic then I'll happily be pedantic all the time.
Being correct over a small anal point while missing the subject, while looking your main purpose is to argue over your small anal point, then well done :), Im really not just throwing insults around, you are hard to interact with, you pick on little points and miss the main subject of a sentence on purpose as well, you're not silly.

Cina

Being correct over a small anal point while missing the subject, while looking your main purpose is to argue over your small anal point, then well done :), Im really not just throwing insults around, you are hard to interact with, you pick on little points and miss the main subject of a sentence on purpose as well, you're not silly.
:lol: what subject? your subject/point was also irrelevant to what I said. Also, I bolded the part I said was irrelevant, I never mentioned the point, I don't even know why you're trying to bring your little 'point' into it. I made a joke about $, that's all. You responded saying something about €, surely you see that's irrelevant to my joke? Surely? I'm no doubt now awaiting another response saying "but .. but no there was more to my post than that and you just focused on one bit". Well, yeah, I did, the bit I bolded, the bit I bolded that I said was irrelevant.

Jesus wept, people on here are so precious.

Brightonian

I see myself as the real top poster in this thread. Adnan just posts links. Like a rogue Damien style spambot.
But you just know that when people think back to this thread (y'know, when Vidal is in the process of winning us the treble) they'll remember all your posts as Gambit's.

'Who was that guy who was resolutely positive throughout, kept insisting it was on no matter what everyone else was saying?'
'Um... surely Gambit, right?'
'Oh yeah, must've been.'

All your fine work wasted.

Brightonian

How we got there: Top 10 Post Types That Got Us to 10,000.

1) Pessimists: "He wont come here, he will go to Madrid."
2) Optimists: "Vidal is coming, its a done deal."
3) Thread commentators: "This thread is very silly."
4) Information hub: "Look at what I just saw in a newspaper or on Twitter. This will make everything much clearer."
5) Kiljoys: "How could this thread get so long without any actual information? Im far too sensible to post in here until I see something from Ogden - unless its to come in here and wag my finger at others."
6) Postcount checks: "Wow, we are very nearly at a big round number of posts / pages! Extraordinary."
7) Relevance Nazis: "GGGrrrr, things have gone off topic, I shall close the thread for a while or just be generally threatening so everyone respects my authorita."
8) Bargaining with God: "If he comes, I will do x, y or z, as an offering to fate."
9) Old gits: "In my day transfer muppet threads were much better than this [insert reference to Sneijder, Ronaldo, Thiago etc here]"
10) Thrill seekers: "Im bored, let's generate some momentum in here despite nothing actually happening, just for our own amusement."
Save this to be posted routinely throughout any future transfer saga threads. Remember, if it's done knowingly, we can claim that it's all 'ironic' or 'tongue in cheek', and thus retain our high ground over RAWK, sanity-wise.

Evilsanta

Also he didnt buy anyone when he did leave the tour early, it was for a failed attempt at getting Fabregas, however this time I have more hopes for him as the manager in this time is more decisive and will expect to get everyone he needs and failure is not an option, whereas with Moyes he had hopes of getting players in and if not, sure we can always buy some poor alternatives.

Fahad Jawaid

This keeps getting mentioned here that Juve are doing all their shopping for announcing the Vidal sale to please the fans which does make sense, can somebody please tell me how many players they have bought this window and how much cash they have spent by now? .

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
My new two cents:

Evra for £1.2million? Jog on. It's part of a deal.
He will have been on significant wages at United and now Juve so that knocks off a couple of million off his price. £3.5m for a 33-year old left back seems a normal price, he doesn't have more than two seasons left at this level.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This keeps getting mentioned here that Juve are doing all their shopping for announcing the Vidal sale to please the fans which does make sense, can somebody please tell me how many players they have bought this window and how much cash they have spent by now? .
Morata and Evra are significant transfers plus two Italians: Marrone and Sturaro.

Herman Van Rompuy

Bears False Witness
It's not just buying the players now to placate the fans. Buying the players now prevents the inflated prices for every player they're interested in should they end up with a whack of money for Vidal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
But you just know that when people think back to this thread (y'know, when Vidal is in the process of winning us the treble) they'll remember all your posts as Gambit's.

'Who was that guy who was resolutely positive throughout, kept insisting it was on no matter what everyone else was saying?'
'Um... surely Gambit, right?'
'Oh yeah, must've been.'

All your fine work wasted.
:lol: it's funny because it's true.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Where does this thread rank now in terms of number of posts against other muppet threads? Which ones had more?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Where does this thread rank now in terms of number of posts against other muppet threads? Which ones had more?
Just past the half way point of the Berbatov thread. We won't beat it, it's going to be wrapped up way before 31st august. My guess is around 14500 posts.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Just past the half way point of the Berbatov thread. We won't beat it, it's going to be wrapped up way before 31st august. My guess is around 14500 posts.
Which other ones were higher? Just trying to gauge the likelihood of a thread of this size resulting in a signing for us.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Which other ones were higher? Just trying to gauge the likelihood of a thread of this size resulting in a signing for us.
Berbatov's: Replies:19,384 Views:1,970,748
Thiago's thread: Replies:15,735 Views:2,624,398
Sneijder's: Replies:13,667 Views:2,398,517
Fabregas': Replies:11,971 Views:1,690,586
Herrera's: Replies:9,714 Views:956,044
Hazard's: Replies:8,851 Views:1,419,322
Mata's: Replies:8,084 Views:695,751

There ya go, fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.