As a fanbase - what are we all unhappy about?

Swearing Budgie

Then there's the fact that we are definitely the worst team to watch in the Prem, in terms of entertainment and quality football.

At a time when Liverpool and City are playing fantastic stuff.

It actually couldn't be any worse for a Utd fan. It's like a weird worst case scenario alternative reality.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Then there's the fact that we are definitely the worst team to watch in the Prem, in terms of entertainment and quality football.

It actually couldn't be any worse for a Utd fan. It's like a weird worst case scenario alternative reality.
We are absolutely not the worst team to watch in terms of quality.

Fts 74

City I'll give you but the scousers?

Not for me scouse loving media has everyone brainwashed.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I just feel like, one way or another, we get every football-related decision wrong. Contract extensions, appointing managers, transfer fees, timings.... the list goes on.

And it never changes. In 2013 we were talking about Moyes, Rooney's contract and how Fellaini could've been signed for less weeks earlier. Fast-forward 6 years and we were talking about the timing of Ole's appointment, Sanchez and De Gea's contracts, and Maguire being signed for more than was possible a year earlier.

Right now it's Ole, Fernandes and, somehow, we're still banging on about this long-awaited DoF.

We're a club with the means to challenge for major trophies every season but we're handicapped by utter incompetence. The board, who think they've done enough by haphazardly throwing money at a problem they don't understand, are pushing us further and further into oblivion with each passing season.

Massive, fundamental change is needed to sort this mess out but I'm not even convinced that they have the appetite to get started.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I’m honestly baffled at how many people believe the “they want to make money not win trophies” argument. It is completely nonsensical.

If we are going to make money we need to be winning trophies. Everyone is aware of this. It is literally imperative to making money.
You haven't met many Bucs fans have you? It's the same sentiment here.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’m honestly baffled at how many people believe the “they want to make money not win trophies” argument. It is completely nonsensical.

If we are going to make money we need to be winning trophies. Everyone is aware of this. It is literally imperative to making money.
Hasn't Ed made a comment about how Liverpool didn't win the league for 30 years yet still just landed a massive sponsor deal? Doesn't sound like a man who agrees unfortunately.

caid

Its about player recruitment basically. And i suppose manager recruitment too. It extends to most things i care about actually - the footballers, the stadium, the manager, the apparent infrastructure behind the scenes.
It felt like in the 90's and early 2000's we were investing in that kind of stuff. New coaches like Queiroz to change the teams style and get the best out of specific players. It felt like every few years theres was work being done on the stadium in one way or another. We bought great players for a fortune and spent big when it made sense - Rooney, Ferdinand, Cole, Van Nistelrooy. Came with the odd Veron but that's not the worst thing in the world. Veron was kind of fun to watch at times.There were stories about us using some new sports science training regime or whatever every so often.
Then there seemed to be a change in direction.
We started going for young players who would grow into great players like the da silvas, jones, smalling etc and looking for value in the market. Any kind of future planning to deal with SAF retiring seemed to go out the window (granted giving the job to Sven Goran Eriksson wasn't a great plan but at least it was a plan). Not buying players that didn't have resale value. Getting pissy about the cost of doing business (agents). Managers coming in and being a bit shocked at how outdated or ill thought out various parts of the business had become. Every single manager giving extended time to players who had being failing for years and the incessant defence that they had to build a squad to replace the deadwood, while at the same time avoiding giving any enough time to build a squad or replace the deadwood.
Most of the decisions outside of marketing just dont seem to be thought through or proactive. They sat on a succesful business and any time maintaining it required a proactive approach or sensible plan they made a bad plan, followed it until people started laughing at what a shit plan it is and then just did the opposite. Like questioning if we had the squad or the structure to play possession football and be Ajax 3.0, or the desire to. And then going from that to Mourinho and thinking that made any kind of sense or was likely to bring instant success. We did it because Van Gaal and Mourinho were available and picking a manager to make the best of our squad or continue building it towards a plan, would require there to be a plan that anyone had confidence in. They just react to whatever dumpster fire pops up every few months and its pretty much invariably a bad decision. (Not getting a goalscorer to cover for Rashfords injury for the rest of the season).

littleman

1. Winning football
2. Entertaining/quality football
3. The promise of either; feeling we're on a momentum/trajectory to get there
4. Big interesting characters

I really feel like very little is at stake every season now. Like yeah, the fans want to win but it doesn't seem like the board wants to.

The manager and players are not top notch quality which is why (1) and (2) can't be achieved.

It just feels like a bore now, constantly spiraling down

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

Well, yeah.

Denis79

We are far from the worst and you know it too if you're being honest with yourself. But yes, we're far from where a team like us should be, looking at it in terms of expectations vs output, we do suck.

Steven-UK

What do we want?....

Since SAF retired, Edwards and the core of staff have left, we have turned into a mickey mouse club in every way possible.

We are all fans, yes, but the chances of getting back to anywhere near where we were, and soon, are slim to none - we are that far behind now that the club has to have a serious re-think. We have been put back 10 years in terms of clubs (our rivals) over-taking us, with the way the club has acted over the last 6 years.

The club is literally dying before our eyes.

I have spent the last 12+ years paying around £3K a year on season tickets, and for the last 6 years it has been extremely painful, and now? Putting new contracts on Jones and other absolute mediocre players; allowing multiple players to leave the club without replacing them, allowing the likes of Pogba to treat us like absolute fools, whilst looking like rank amateurs in the transfer market, and giving the managerial job to somebody with zero experience at this level?..... all of this combined makes us a laughing stock in the world of club football.

It'll be interesting what spin the club puts on their emails to entice fans to renew their season tickets at the end of this season. That should be a right laugh to read to try and get another couple of K out of us to watch this rubbish for another year.

Fellani, Lukaku, Herrera, Smalling (who is better than Maguire, as surprising at that is for us, is true) allowed to leave for peanuts - all such players would walk back into our team tomorrow - albeit it even those players were not good enough, so how bad does that make our current team?!

Think about it, and think about some of the players we have that shouldn't be anywhere near the red shirt - Fred (be honest with yourself!) - Lingard (Championship level at best) - Pereira (nowhere near good enough) - Mata (past it) - Matic (past it), and more. And what are we going to do about that? On recent events we'll probably give them all new contracts... I'm only surprised Lingard's new 4 (+1) year new deal has not been announced yet... although I wouldn't be surprised if that has been done on the quiet.

January is useless for transfers, and with a European/World cup every 2 years, which is also not great for transfer business, we are limited in options for changing this squad as quickly as we need to. One or two players will not make much difference if we have any aspirations of getting back into the top two/three, we need at least 5/6 players of genuine quality to start competing again, and as we are royally fecking this up, seemingly week by week, our rivals are getting even stronger.

Any decent player that now becomes available will choose elsewhere to ply their trade, because who in their right minds would want to step into this uncertain mess this club has become?

I was on holiday overseas recently, just a few weeks ago, and there was a Man United match on TV in the pub (City in the cup), and my lad wouldn't even put his United shirt on for fear of ridicule, and I couldn't blame him one bit.

So what do we (I, at least) want as a fan? We want our respect back; some professionalism back into the club that we have all invested in, either financially, or through years of support.

Too much to ask? It seems that it is. We are 95% certain that we will not be renewing for next season, and will probably let some other mugs take over our seats. It's getting embarrassing to be associated with the club.

Denis79

What do we want?....

Since SAF retired, Edwards and the core of staff have left, we have turned into a mickey mouse club in every way possible.

We are all fans, yes, but the chances of getting back to anywhere near where we were, and soon, are slim to none - we are that far behind now that the club has to have a serious re-think. We have been put back 10 years in terms of clubs (our rivals) over-taking us, with the way the club has acted over the last 6 years.

The club is literally dying before our eyes.

I have spent the last 12+ years paying around £3K a year on season tickets, and for the last 6 years it has been extremely painful, and now? Putting new contracts on Jones and other absolute mediocre players; allowing multiple players to leave the club without replacing them, allowing the likes of Pogba to treat us like absolute fools, whilst looking like rank amateurs in the transfer market, and giving the managerial job to somebody with zero experience at this level?..... all of this combined makes us a laughing stock in the world of club football.

It'll be interesting what spin the club puts on their emails to entice fans to renew their season tickets at the end of this season. That should be a right laugh to read to try and get another couple of K out of us to watch this rubbish for another year.

Fellani, Lukaku, Herrera, Smalling (who is better than Maguire, as surprising at that is for us, is true) allowed to leave for peanuts - all such players would walk back into our team tomorrow - albeit it even those players were not good enough, so how bad does that make our current team?!

Think about it, and think about some of the players we have that shouldn't be anywhere near the red shirt - Fred (be honest with yourself!) - Lingard (Championship level at best) - Pereira (nowhere near good enough) - Mata (past it) - Matic (past it), and more. And what are we going to do about that? On recent events we'll probably give them all new contracts... I'm only surprised Lingard's new 4 (+1) year new deal has not been announced yet... although I wouldn't be surprised if that has been done on the quiet.

January is useless for transfers, and with a European/World cup every 2 years, which is also not great for transfer business, we are limited in options for changing this squad as quickly as we need to. One or two players will not make much difference if we have any aspirations of getting back into the top two/three, we need at least 5/6 players of genuine quality to start competing again, and as we are royally fecking this up, seemingly week by week, our rivals are getting even stronger.

Any decent player that now becomes available will choose elsewhere to ply their trade, because who in their right minds would want to step into this uncertain mess this club has become?

I was on holiday overseas recently, just a few weeks ago, and there was a Man United match on TV in the pub (City in the cup), and my lad wouldn't even put his United shirt on for fear of ridicule, and I couldn't blame him one bit.

So what do we (I, at least) want as a fan? We want our respect back; some professionalism back into the club that we have all invested in, either financially, or through years of support.

Too much to ask? It seems that it is. We are 95% certain that we will not be renewing for next season, and will probably let some other mugs take over our seats. It's getting embarrassing to be associated with the club.
Very well put, it's looking grim for sure. Every year I make 2-3 trips pre december and another 2-3 after to watch us play (Live in Serbia). I've done this for over 15 years but I'm not coming over anymore until the club shows atleast some of the dedication I have, not to mention to the fans that are there every game. Rather put that extra money in my kids accounts than fill the pockets of the clowns running the club.

luke511

We have Lingard, Pereira and Mata, Championship quality players, occupying the most important position in our attack and we haven't got a replacement in over 2 windows due to us not wanting to spend. Tragic stuff.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Outsiders view:

I think the lack of direction is the route cause of so many of your problems. Yes the Glazers have taken a lot of money out of the club and yes the debt is growing. But they've also spent a small fortune in the last few years, generally badly and with a scatter gun approach.

The appointment of different managers with completely different views on style and tactics has caused immeasurable harm, I'm guessing this is why they feel the need to stick with Ole now, though that's not working out brilliantly either.

The constant drip of a possible DoF and then nothing for months is bizarre and symptomatic of everything that is wrong with the club. I'm not sure a DoF is the cure all some think it is, but the need to stick to a consistent strategy is and that's been missing since Moyes sacked all Fergie's backroom staff.

The attitude of the ownership as well is a cause for complaint and a sign of complacency. The famous "Playing performance doesn't really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business." from Woodward and the alleged Liverpool went 30 years without a title but still pulled in sponsorship etc doesn't exactly fill a fan base with confidence.

United's strategy over the last 6 years have been constantly reactive and never proactive, this transfer window is just another example. It's a common management problem in many big businesses and can easily become a vicious circle. Breaking it is tough and takes leadership that I don't think United have in any of the senior posts at the moment.

Relfy

I think we can all be united as a fanbase that the club needs major surgery to fix the mess we have found ourselves in. We are a massive club with huge resources, yet have managed to only sign 6 players across the past 4 transfer windows when the squad has been in need of a major overhaul. Just think about that for a moment. think about the amount of times the word 'transition' has been used. and how sick we are of hearing it, but it's true, we remain in a period of transition because we haven't been able to perform the repairs to the playing staff that were needed. We only need to look at Inter and what they have done the past 2 windows to see what is possible.

What we need is a change to the senior management, and by that I refer to Woodward and Judge. We need to bring in a qualified DoF as well as a Technical Director and any other positions we need to compliment the football side of the business. We need to form the structure, hire the best available talent to fill the positions and then actually start building on what we have.

We need improvements to the squad, training facilities, stadium and medical facilities too.

We need the commercial team to make funds available to the football side to do this work and get started ASAP so we can avoid the rot setting in further.

What we don't need is idiots like Woodward and Judge making a mess of footballing matters, and adding their opinions to any such matters, and the same applies to all of the Glazer family. We do not need to hire a PR man for the CEO when the entire club is screaming out for real investment. We do not need bullshit articles being spread around the tabloids which are clear leaks from the CEO.

Ideally we need new owners to implement such changes, however we then fall into another debate of who and their reputation, for which there is already a thread running.

Mass overhaul across the club is the only way to fix it, and the ones at the top are the only people in a position right now to implement it. If they don't have the appetite, desire and drive to do so then we may as well strap in now as it will be a bumpy ride.

Le Red

I'm not so pissed about the lack of silverware as much as I am with the board only interested in making money with minimal investment, hence not taking the sports side of the club seriously.
To them this club is just a sponsor revenue machine and, until the sponsorships decline heavily from our sad performances, they won't make any effort for the team to improve.
Let's face it, Woodward's main job is to make believe we are trying to rebuild the team and win stuff. This is a big fat lie and only now our slow supporters seem to have caught up with this fact.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Myself! That I naively thought that the ownership of the club wasn’t that important.

I started with Rock of Gibraltar, greed and stupid decisions.

Sir Alex is my generations hero regarding football management and forward thinking but when it comes to common sense regarding how you handle a valuable gift then he totally lost it. Instead of backing off his demands regarding breeding rights he escalated the conflict by challenging someone who was richer, more powerful and smarter then himself. John Magnier and J.P. McManus had never sold their shares to the Glazers if Sir Alex hadn’t been so greedy, naive and plain stupid.

Bad ownership is the first step but secondly comes changing experienced management to novice and unproven leaders. When David Gill and Sir Alex walked out of the door of Carrington and Old Trafford almost 40 years of well documented competence and experience left the building. Giving Edward Woodward carte blanche to run such a huge club without any previous football experience was a kiss of death to the club we known as Manchester United.

The third gigantic mistake was to hire David Moyes to replace one of the greatest manager ever.

To put it into perspective. Imagine AMG Mercedes selling their Formula One company to one unknown American investor who has zero experience owning a Formula One team. Replacing Toto Wolff and Lewis Hamilton with one young and totally unproven account man as a CEO and Robert Kubica as their new driver.

I know. It’s unthinkable and such a stupid thought that we just laugh and shake our heads. Nobody with more then two brain cells would do such a stupid thing.

Imagine the first conversation between Moyes and Woodward. Two genius sharing wisdom between each other’s and as a first step buy Fellaini in the last day of the transfer window. How did that conversation started and how did it end? Mysterious thoughts from my side.

Mistake after mistake after mistake.

Now we have Ole Gunnar Solskjær as our manager. Another novice without proper knowledge, leadership qualities and experience. Results going south. Senior players who still offers something wants to leave the sinking ship. We can’t recruit top talents because of Ole’s bad reputation and his awful results.

Our fan base is divided in two. Our owners don’t care about results. Our CEO doesn’t have a clue about football.

Its bizarre and so dumb that sometimes I think it’s a bad dream.

Withnail

You would think that this would follow but they just need to keep the club somewhere around the top 6 or 7 so they can take their 15-20m a year dividend.

If we have a bad year they can invest less in players and still take their money.

Of course, if they did everything right football-wise they'd likely make more money but that doesn't seem to be important to them. There's no urgency to get the right people in. I could be wrong but they just don't seem to pay a huge amount of attention to doing the football bit properly.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
1) Woodward not because we haven’t spent but we’ve spent terribly - he takes his overall accountability
2) Woodward because he’s gotten the past 3 managerial appointments wrong (do we include Moyes or was Moyes decided pre woody? I think pre woody, right?). We’ve had very little football planning and focused too much on Disneyland - commercial revenue
3) Glazers for either being happy with Woodward’s performance or not getting rid of him yet
4) Manager - love Ole the player (legend), but personally I think he’s out of his depth. Injuries haven’t helped but his record has been appalling and we don’t exactly play with any type of pattern - other than counter attack.
5) overpaid prima donna players in the squad - mostly either not good enough or just doesn’t care

(on point 4, I don’t wanna turn this into an ole thread again. He’s done some good things I’d gladly acknowledge as well).

Shiva87

Dithering at the board level. No clear conviction to get things right - even press briefings! It's the same old story season after season. (1) We are fighting for 4th because we are a team in transition; (2) January is a tough window to buy players; (3) We are on the lookout for a DOF; (4) United was not interested in the player because "we have better quality", etc. etc.

Even the excuses are getting tiresome now.

Swearing Budgie

Fellani, Lukaku, Herrera, Smalling (who is better than Maguire, as surprising at that is for us, is true) allowed to leave for peanuts - all such players would walk back into our team tomorrow
This is exactly it - it's like every single transfer decision, in or out, is completely wrong. It couldn't be more wrong if we had Carragher in charge and he was deliberately sabotaging the club.

KennyBurner

Putting aside the obvious issues with the first team, we have become a laughing stock. We have lost a lot of the respect we had as a club under Fergie and that's not just down to performances on the pitch. We have been badly run, everyone knows that our owners have no interest in taking this club to the top , that those in positions of power at the club are mostly inept and that effects our ability to attract the talent we need to improve both on and off the pitch.
“Everyone knows that our owners have no interest in taking this club to the top.” This phrase always amuses me because you can’t even back it up. We have spent considerable amounts to stay more than competitive. Its not even a case like arsenal were the owners don’t spend although they rake in high revenues. We have consistently broke transfer records for you to be making false claims that the owners don’t spend money while taking dividends. Stop it and rather focus on our owners not spending the money wisely which is more accurate.

Dr. StrangeHate

Is that different than Liverpool’s owners?
There is no difference in terms of profit motive. The only difference would be that they hired a world class manager as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Whilst we have rolled the dice on an unknown quantity and are sticking by it.
I am certain had Liverpool made the managerial appointments we made and us theirs our league positions would be reversed.

RoyH1

We have been absolutely terrible at buying and developing talent since SAF left. There is no clear vision, coherent strategy into how the team wants to play. As a result, we play boring, unattractive football and are unable to match Europe's top teams.

I'm not going to complain about our expenditure, since our net spend for the last 10 years is higher than that of all clubs in the PL save Sugardaddy FC. But we've bought very poorly and developed even worse.

rollingstoned1

Spending poorly, managers, Woodward

We've spent plenty of money, but we've done it poorly. We've agreed to pay huge fees and the majority of them werent worth it. I'd much prefer we signed players in the £30-40 million price range and then sign more of them, rather than £50 million+ because with our track record we're going to need multiple attempts to sign players before we get a few right. We arent doing well enough to sign just a few players at expensive prices because 2/3 of them wont be worth it.

I think they've given managers too much time when they were performing poorly

I think Woodward has had enough chances with the above for us to try someone new
on the face of it this is fine but all this proves is that the fanbase is reactionary and has ADHD while also being impatient because most of the signings we have made going back to 2014 were all welcomed, if not a reason for delight at the time before some of them flattered to deceive and then some ex post facto reasoning by the same bunch who were happy with the signings occurs where they claim the signings weren't the right one and we should have signed someone else and so we should immediately move on said recruit who only maybe a year back was quite coveted. Or that we didn't show enough ambition and sign the very best instead of shopping in the bargain bin yet when we pull off a big signing people complain that we overpaid and lack vision by signings mercenaries looking for a final payday with no motivation to play for us e.g Sanchez, Schweinsteiger. This is pretty much the point of the thread where to put it mildly the fandom itself seems to know sfa but keeps moving the goalposts and looks only to find scapegoats without doing a truly dispassionate root cause analysis for our situation which can go some way to solving the problem.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Woodward for me.

Hires the wrong managers
Waits forever to sack them
Hired our current one on a whim
Gives mediocre players huge contracts
Takes forever to get new players in
Media spin with lies and false hopes (Where’s that DoF? Where’s those signings?)
Bizarre bipolar behaviour with managers (gives Jose new contract then doesn’t back him in transfer market)
Doesn’t hire people to run football operations and thinks he can do it himself seemingly
For me it's entirely about the amateurish and nonsensical way we do things, specifically around the squad.
We have some absolute rubbish players such as Jones, how has he been at the club 9 years, given a new long term contract, its shockingly illogical.
Lingard, been woeful, gets rewarded with a bumper new deal....I could go on and on and on with examples of the sheer stupidity and incompetence.

Odin

Manchester United seems to me it is run like a proper business, with 100% focus on revenues. I get that. An economical, reductionistic way of management often is unable to assign value to the glory of victory apart from the economical benefits there may be. More often than not, short term economical effects have too large influence on decision-making. The development of a club ethos can hardly be expected to develop if the club management only have their eyes on the spreadsheets. I feel that the clubs upper management are in it for the wrong reasons. From there on you get decisions made accordingly. And that's what I'm unhappy about with the club. It sits in the top, and it spreads. Hence the need for a cultural reset, where the club ethos is honoured and considerations of details of the fiscal year can be offset for the benefit of the football club Manchester United. Two terms need some explanation: a "football club" is something more than a vessel to attract sponsors, and although "cultural reset" may wind up a lot of fans on this forum, I believe it is absolutely crucial to the club moving forward.

lurkingfan

The club, despite proof by early September that this season is already a shit show, didn't plan to do anything in this transfer window until the team got reamed by Man City and limp results everytime we get close to 4th. Now they are playing hardball to save a few millions on the Bruno transfer, whilest putting the whole deal in jeopardy and missing out on the golden opportunity of having him in place for the Liverpool game.

It would have been so easy to just up the bid, get him in place and turn the narrative on its head.... and now we need a striker too. At the very least they should have had recall clauses on Sanchez and Smalling. Argh!

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
“Everyone knows that our owners have no interest in taking this club to the top.” This phrase always amuses me because you can’t even back it up. We have spent considerable amounts to stay more than competitive. Its not even a case like arsenal were the owners don’t spend although they rake in high revenues. We have consistently broke transfer records for you to be making false claims that the owners don’t spend money while taking dividends. Stop it and rather focus on our owners not spending the money wisely which is more accurate.
I wasn't specifically referring to money, as we have obviously spent a fortune. It's easy for us, we earn a lot of it. More referring to the way the club is run and the owners intentions, which I don't believe align with ours as supporters. Woodward is the clearest example of this, were told that he is good at making money for the club, recruiting sponsors etc but everyone can see that he is terrible at running a successful football club.
He has been here many years and made more mistakes than should be allowed for somebody in charge of 'taking us back to the top'. He is clearly not upto the task, why has he not been replaced by the owners? His involvement speaks volumes about their intentions.

Ekeke

on the face of it this is fine but all this proves is that the fanbase is reactionary and has ADHD while also being impatient because most of the signings we have made going back to 2014 were all welcomed, if not a reason for delight at the time before some of them flattered to deceive and then some ex post facto reasoning by the same bunch who were happy with the signings occurs where they claim the signings weren't the right one and we should have signed someone else and so we should immediately move on said recruit who only maybe a year back was quite coveted. Or that we didn't show enough ambition and sign the very best instead of shopping in the bargain bin yet when we pull off a big signing people complain that we overpaid and lack vision by signings mercenaries looking for a final payday with no motivation to play for us e.g Sanchez, Schweinsteiger. This is pretty much the point of the thread where to put it mildly the fandom itself seems to know sfa but keeps moving the goalposts and looks only to find scapegoats without doing a truly dispassionate root cause analysis for our situation which can go some way to solving the problem.
If you're talking about the majority of fans, or majority of posters on this forum then sure.

But not everyone thought those were good transfers

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I think its basically mismanagement on every level:

- Extending the wrong contracts and not extending the proper ones
- Clear lack of proper structure on the football side of things
- Clear lack of vision mirrored by the different types of managers we have gone through
- Lack of ambition on the football side as long as we are commercially okay
- Lack of succession planning when Sir Alex decided to retire
- Horrendous in the transfer market with scatter gun spending coupled with not enough spending

The whole thing is a shit show and it seems until the club falls so far that the money dries up and owning the club is no longer in their financial interest, there is no impetus to change anything. I know they are commercially succesful (sponsors etc) but lets be honest, the name Manchseter United is huge, so thats not some meteoric achievement.

Coxy

Woodward - because he is clueless
The owners - because they put us in debt in the first place. We've been on a gradual slope down ever since.

Marcelinho87

My issues with the board is that they run United like a brand with the football as a side project when it should be the other way around.

This isn't mentioning the millions of debt which they used to buy the club then dumped on the club without a care in the world.

Bastards.

Andersonson

We have Lingard, Pereira and Mata, Championship quality players, occupying the most important position in our attack and we haven't got a replacement in over 2 windows due to us not wanting to spend. Tragic stuff.

Yeah..

Imagine having those players and not a manager like Ole? We would be button half! Very impressive by our manager getting so much out of Championship players, imagine giving him top class players!

Top 5 with so many Championship players is a very very good feat! I totally agree

InfiniteBoredom

It’s not exactly a sentiment shared by everybody, but what irked me the most since Fergie’s retirement is a widespread acceptance from the club as well as the fan base about standards dropping. It used to feel like hell when we finished second in the league and trophyless and summer was a tortured wait until the football starts and we can right that wrong, now 4th is something to be celebrated and a 2nd finish playing dogshit football under Mourinho was considered a point of pride.

There needs to be a change in mentality throughout and we need to build that culture of excellence back up again. Look at Madrid, they’ve spent badly, they’ve appointed shit managers, but the mentality never changed, failure is not to be accepted. It feels like nowadays we surrender before the battle even started.