Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

Position suits him. Sometimes I think he has a tendency to panic in possession at the back and just smack it away but overall very good.

We should still be looking at a new player for next season though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was very good, but let's not lose our minds eh?

Lingard would have had a hat trick bar for the post and De Gea saved 3 certain goals. As good as Young was, he didn't have near that much impact on the game.
I wouldn't of been against Lingard coming off at HT for Herrera such was Arsenal's dominance at that point of the game

Had it not been for the red Pogba would have been my MOTM, De Gea was outstanding as well though

EyeInTheSky

Epic today, Epic. His endurance is out of this world. Only outfield player that looked like he could keep up the pace into 30 minutes of ET.

Another player turning his career around and given another lease of life under Jose

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Epic today, Epic. His endurance is out of this world. Only outfield player that looked like he could keep up the pace into 30 minutes of ET.

Another player turning his career around and given another lease of life under Jose
To be fair, he was class under Van Gaal as well. Benched Di Maria based purely on the performances he was putting in. His problem the last few years has been injuries whenever he got on runs like this. Hopefully he stays fit.

Womp

idiot
To be fair, he was class under Van Gaal as well. Benched Di Maria based purely on the performances he was putting in. His problem the last few years has been injuries whenever he got on runs like this. Hopefully he stays fit.
Was he not playing as a winger then though? Adapting the defensive side to a fullback is a lot more difficult.

Djemba-Djemba

So smart today.

The header off the line from the free kick especially, but it felt like whenever we were really under the cosh he'd get the ball and draw a cheap foul and we could ease the pressure a bit.

He's having a fantastic season

Robertd0803

Surely Young should be getting into the England World Cup squad? Having a great season with one of the top clubs in Europe and can cover several roles. One of the poorest ever England squads anyway.
He should but much better if he is kept away from the England squad considering how our players always seem to get crocked on international duty.

Has anyone got a gif of him running to Mourinho after the Pogba red? People keep mentioning it but I didn't see it :(
Havent seen one, tv cameras had just him and Lingard on the touchline talking to Jose after the red card was shown but the tv commentators mentioned it about 10-15 seconds before.

United_We_Stand

MadMike

3 years, eh? Surprise him with a counter offer of 5 years. He won't expect it

littleman

Not possible, 1 year + 1 year option.

If he gets a multi year deal in his 30s, this will create an incredible amount of problems later with our older players' negotiations.

Man Utd 1:2 Man City

Devil may care

Kept his string of good performances going, nipped in ahead of a City player several times to win the ball and get us on the front foot, and always looked to feed Martial in.

KYcinco

Played a big part in our goal.

good performance,should of taken the freekick,Rashford needs to sit down.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Did not look technically or physically outmatched at all. Another good performance besides misjudging that header at the far post. He's actually one of our better players and will play in Russia this summer so good for him. We don't need a LB immediately.

acnumber9

Did not look technically or physically outmatched at all. Another good performance besides misjudging that header at the far post. He's actually one of our better players and will play in Russia this summer so good for him. We don't need a LB immediately.
He's one of the few with the balls to actually want the ball too. I'd say him, Matic and Martial were the only ones who didn't want to get rid of the ball as soon as it came to them.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he looked pretty poor today to be honest. Endeavour and workrate can never be questioned but the quality just wasn’t there today.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's one of the few with the balls to actually want the ball too. I'd say him, Matic and Martial were the only ones who didn't want to get rid of the ball as soon as it came to them.
I agree. I thought Lingard was good in this respect too. So few players seemed to show for the ball today all over the pitch. It was such a bizarre performance.

Bwuk

He's just not a left back.

I'm sorry, I like Ashley Young and I like his passion and work ethic. I like how committed he is to United.

But we shouldn't be having someone who was a bit of a failure of a winger for us, starting as a full back here.

If we don't sign a left back in January, we'd be as well as giving Shaw a run.

LeftyBlaster

This I agree with. Thought his tracking of Sane and his willingness to play the ball in general was above the rest bar Matic.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Its sad that he is one of our best performers in every game he plays. When we play against small teams he attacks them and gets goals and assists. When we play against big teams he defends, shows for the ball and tries to play.

el3mel

Had a good game. Nothing really to blame him for and did his defensive jobs alright.

Ashley R1+O

Thought it showed on both flanks that we don't have fullbacks, we have reformed wingers. Was his usual solid and got stuck in, can't fault his attitude.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Didn't watch the game, but what was he doing when City scored their first?! Why was he just standing there?!

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he did well in fairness, the only one who can walk off the pitch having put in a decent shift and performance.

Looked like he was the only who actually cared too, showed a bit of urgency and ambition.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Should be selected on the left wing ahead of the reluctant Martial/Rashford when parking the bus; at least he knows the role.

Velvet Revolver

Based on shaw's performance the other day it is very evident what a natural LB brings to the team. Young has been good lately and is in great form but we need natural full backs. The difference it makes to our all around game is insane. The attacking flow is more fluid, example : young as LB has to cut in most of the times to cross while shaw can cross while he is in full motion marauding down the flank overlapping the winger. Gives our attackers more to work with imo.

MadMike

Should be selected on the left wing ahead of the reluctant Martial/Rashford when parking the bus; at least he knows the role.
The fact we couldn't pass for toffee didn't mean we tried to park the bus. Just cause ABU trolls keep repeating this doesn't make it in touch with reality. We had a very attacking line up and tried to play football offensively, only we were too shit to hold on to the ball.

Bwuk

How depressing is that.

No other top side in the world would play Ashley Young on the wing ahead of Martial or Rashford.

grahamo

He showed a bit of a will to win yesterday, unlike some of his team mates. I noticed the City players were on a wind up all the way through the game, whispering in players ears, making smartass comments and the only one answering back and standing up to them seemed to be Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.