At the end of this season, Maguire needs to be removed as Captain

lysglimt

Scout
I don’t think anyone is blaming Maguire for Fred’s mistake, Fred messed up big time, but could it have been prevented? Maybe.
I wouldn’t say a discussion on the captaincy of the club we all love is pointless.
This - it was horribly poor from Fred - but it was also a ridiculous pass in the first place.

A player should be expected to control a pass like that, but why put us in a position where the smallest of errors is bound to lead to goals ?

lysglimt

Scout
We've played that pass to Matic, Pogba and McTominay all season and I don't need a full hand to count the number of times they messed up receiving the ball. Usually, they get the ball and turn the oppo player on them and move into space or pass it off.

That was in no way a bad pass to Fred. That's a regular ball that's been played by us for seasons now.
It wasn't a bad pass - but it was a stupid pass. I looked at it again - and there are 4 Leicester players in a square more or less surrounding Fred when Maguire has the ball. Lindelof to the right is outside that square and could easily receive the ball and pass it to AWB. Telles on the other side is also completely unmarked with Albrighton the closest player about 20 meters away give or take. That ball should have been played to either of those 2

Fred has one players behind him - maybe 2 meters (Tielemans I think) - he can't pass towards Telles because Albrighton might intercept that pass. Turning Tielemans is too risky - so he has 2 option, passing towards Lindelof which is risky because he either needs to play the ball with the outside of his left foot, or use his right foot - if he is going for a one-touch pass. That leaves one pass - and Iheanacho (all credit to him) spots that pass before its made. And when the pass is underhit - goal.

But I also question why Henderson goes to ground - if he had stood up, there is no way Iheanacho would have scored. The way he received the ball, he could not have gone for a direct finish, so he had to take the ball around him - and Henderson let him. I am convinced DDG had saved that one. It's not a mistake, but it's not good goalkeeping either.

So it was really poor execution from Fred, but Maguire should not have put him in that position and Henderson should have saved it

Wing Attack Plan R

It wasn't a bad pass - but it was a stupid pass. I looked at it again - and there are 4 Leicester players in a square more or less surrounding Fred when Maguire has the ball. Lindelof to the right is outside that square and could easily receive the ball and pass it to AWB. Telles on the other side is also completely unmarked with Albrighton the closest player about 20 meters away give or take. That ball should have been played to either of those 2

Fred has one players behind him - maybe 2 meters (Tielemans I think) - he can't pass towards Telles because Albrighton might intercept that pass. Turning Tielemans is too risky - so he has 2 option, passing towards Lindelof which is risky because he either needs to play the ball with the outside of his left foot, or use his right foot - if he is going for a one-touch pass. That leaves one pass - and Iheanacho (all credit to him) spots that pass before its made. And when the pass is underhit - goal.

But I also question why Henderson goes to ground - if he had stood up, there is no way Iheanacho would have scored. The way he received the ball, he could not have gone for a direct finish, so he had to take the ball around him - and Henderson let him. I am convinced DDG had saved that one. It's not a mistake, but it's not good goalkeeping either.

So it was really poor execution from Fred, but Maguire should not have put him in that position and Henderson should have saved it
In short: we are not very good.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Harry must have p*ssed in a lot of people's Corn Flakes to get the kind of reaction that he gets from his own clubs supporters. It's as if the 85m that we paid for him came directly out of his pocket. The scapegoating that he gets is unbelievable and so is the idea that "he's a horrible captain". Raise your hand if you have been in the dressing room or on the pitch with him. Anyone? Antonio Valencia was our captain for a few years and he could barely speak English, yet I don't think he ever had this kind of hate thrown at him and talk of stripping him of the captaincy. It doesn't matter who wears the armband. What matters is that there are leaders on the field. I know that most probably want Bruno to be our captain and that's fine. But what are you basing that opinion off of? Most of you are just being a bunch of d*cks if I'm being honest. Imagine you went to work, worked your socks off every day (while others were taking breaks) and then people started talking about you the way you lot talk about Maguire. He did not set his price tag and he did not pick himself to be captain. Get over it already....

Tallis

Harry must have p*ssed in a lot of people's Corn Flakes to get the kind of reaction that he gets from his own clubs supporters. It's as if the 85m that we paid for him came directly out of his pocket. The scapegoating that he gets is unbelievable and so is the idea that "he's a horrible captain". Raise your hand if you have been in the dressing room or on the pitch with him. Anyone? Antonio Valencia was our captain for a few years and he could barely speak English, yet I don't think he ever had this kind of hate thrown at him and talk of stripping him of the captaincy. It doesn't matter who wears the armband. What matters is that there are leaders on the field. I know that most probably want Bruno to be our captain and that's fine. But what are you basing that opinion off of? Most of you are just being a bunch of d*cks if I'm being honest. Imagine you went to work, worked your socks off every day (while others were taking breaks) and then people started talking about you the way you lot talk about Maguire. He did not set his price tag and he did not pick himself to be captain. Get over it already....
I am not his biggest fan but I agree that his criticism has been way over the top.

I don’t understand this “no leadership” criticism either which seems to be repeated so often that it seems to have become an established fact by now.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I am not his biggest fan but I agree that his criticism has been way over the top.

I don’t understand this “no leadership” criticism either which seems to be repeated so often that it seems to have become an established fact by now.
You see, Mark Goldbridge has this thing where he says the same things over and over again to spread his agenda, and as an influencer, weak minded people start repeating what he says. I see his influence all over this website. Amazing how some of these muppets actually think they're thinking for them selves...