At what point does Aguero leave little City?

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
His contract runs out in 2020 so you expect him to be around for another season or so before he goes to China.

He will be there longer than Pep that's for sure.
Maybe, but it could be the other way round - I couldn't really see him leaving before the expiry of his contract prior to this season but I get the impression that he's struggling a little to adapt to Guardiola's style of play. Maybe that will come in time but if it doesn't then he may well be on his way before Pep leaves.

Verbalkint

Cannot wait for this to happen and for City to realize how screwed they'll be without Aguero. It's not going to be easy replacing a player of his calibre.

Toure, Silva & Kompany too - they're going to probably depart in 2-3 years and if Pep's still around he's going to have to fill those holes.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Cannot wait for this to happen and for City to realize how screwed they'll be without Aguero. It's not going to be easy replacing a player of his calibre.

Toure, Silva & Kompany too - they're going to probably depart in 2-3 years and if Pep's still around he's going to have to fill those holes.
Toure and Kompany are already as good as gone. A replacement for current Toure is just about any decent CM and current Kompany is anyone with 2 legs. Merlin will need replacing but we have plenty of young attacking midfielders who hopefully one of whom will make the grade. Kun is the key, Iheanacho looks like he may be good enough to match his goals but something about him strikes me as he will never make it as a world class player.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Maybe, but it could be the other way round - I couldn't really see him leaving before the expiry of his contract prior to this season but I get the impression that he's struggling a little to adapt to Guardiola's style of play. Maybe that will come in time but if it doesn't then he may well be on his way before Pep leaves.
For someone struggling to adapt to Pep's style he scores an awful lot of goals. 11 in 14 games. Only the genius that is Pep can leave his top scorer on the bench and still be called a genius.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/10/sergio-aguero-leave-manchester-city-end-contract

Sergio Agüero has revealed he will leave Manchester City when his current contract expires. The Argentina international’s five-year deal at the Etihad Stadium runs until the end of the 2018-19 campaign.
He signed an extension in September to 2020.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Liverpool are massive in their minds and their fans minds, in reality they're big, but not that big.
Yes they are. Most recognised club in England after United with also the second largest following around the world for an English club.

Shark

@NotShark
Liverpool are not as big as United these days, not a chance. When is the last time they signed someone like Paul Pogba?

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
No they really are that big.
I don't even know why Liverpool was mentioned in a thread about Kun Aguero and City, completely irrelevant :lol:. Back on the topic though, I really don't see Aguero leaving anytime soon and he seems pretty content at City but I have always wondered if they are paying him a lot more money than what's reported...

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Yes they are. Most recognised club in England after United with also the second largest following around the world for an English club.
Manchester United - Liverpool
Trophies: 64 - 60
Social Media: 75 million - 35 million
2016 Shirt Sales: 2.85 million - 805 thousand
Club Worth: 3.3 billion - 1.5 billion

Like I said, big cub but not massive.

crossy1686

career ending
He'll leave if they have another trophy-less season and don't look like competing for major trophies. Coming towards the end of his career and all he has is a couple of medals to his name. Why would you stay if you could go back to Spain and pick up potentially 5 winners medals in two seasons?

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Liverpool are massive in their minds and their fans minds, in reality they're big, but not that big.
How are they not that big? They are loved and hated just like us.
I'm from the north and it's always been Liverpool, Untied then Everton.
That's from my youth and obviously now City is in the mix but to say Liverpool isn't that big is just not true.

Shark

@NotShark
That's from my youth and obviously now City is in the mix but to say Liverpool isn't that big is just not true.
I don't think he ever said Liverpool were not big tbf.

TsuWave

Stop this. They are a massive club.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Surely we have gotten past the point of calling City players mercenaries.

In all honesty, most players are mercenaries.our captain held us to ransom for more money for one.
Doesn't change anything. We'll never get past it. He's there for the money, simple as that.

Revan

Assumptionman
On 18 months to China, to become the first 1m/week payed footballer.

MoskvaRed

How does social media, shirt sales compare to other big clubs? I would guess they are top 5 after United, the big two in Spain and maybe Bayern? At least they seem to have fans everywhere.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

But it has to be remembered that their are people in there early 30s who have no real recollection of Liverpool being successful apart from their 2005 CL. Even for older people their past successes are a long way back.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
How does social media, shirt sales compare to other big clubs? I would guess they are top 5 after United, the big two in Spain and maybe Bayern? At least they seem to have fans everywhere.
Depends if you mean worldwide or in the UK.
Worldwide they are 7th in social media, 4th in UK. Shirt sales they are 8th in the world and 4th in the UK.

One thing people seem to keep getting wrong is that I said they're not a big club, I never said that. What I said was that they're not as big as they or their fans believe, they think they're some massive club but they're not, they're quite big but not as big as they think they are.

This is the last I say on it in this thread anyway, this is a thread about Aguero leaving City.

Oo0AahCantona

Dont see him leaving if im honest, barca are stacked, bayern wont pay him what he wants, only option would be madrid but they have so many options and his injury record isn't ideal.

Most realistic scenario is him staying at city till he's 31 or so then buggers off for more money in china/usa or back to Argentina like the south Americans seem to like doing.

MoskvaRed

Worldwide they are 7th in social media, 4th in UK. Shirt sales they are 8th in the world and 4th in the UK.

One thing people seem to keep getting wrong is that I said they're not a big club, I never said that. What I said was that they're not as big as they or their fans believe, they think they're some massive club but they're not, they're quite big but not as big as they think they are.

This is the last I say on it in this thread anyway, this is a thread about Aguero leaving City.
Cheers (and likewise I won't highjack the thread further). Their fans seem to be much more visible around the world than most other big clubs - maybe I'm just unlucky in running into them...

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/183967-reds-claim-uk-no-1-on-twitter-fan-map

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think he will leave this summer. But it won't be his choice. Don't think he does what Pep is looking for from a striker, and he won't change. Pep doesn't want a goalie that saves or a striker who scores it seems.

I get this impression too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Once he gets an offer from China and sees what the other players there are making. Won't judge him though, that is an obscene amount of money to turn down.
City's rise was built on merceneries. The first club to start paying 250k a week to the likes of Toure.

Tevez has already gone the way of China, it can't be long before the likes of Nasri, Toure and even Aguero get over there.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Think he will leave this summer. But it won't be his choice. Don't think he does what Pep is looking for from a striker, and he won't change. Pep doesn't want a goalie that saves or a striker who scores it seems.

Sell him to Madrid, which will raise him to another level in reputation, after he scores 50 goals a season.
Yeah I think he hated having Messi and Lewandowski.

TheReligion

Abusive
We are on a good run are we?

Therefore we must knock every other club and persuade ourselves we are above everyone else. Fact is Citeh have won two titles in 5 years, fact is City have most in demand manager in the world. Fact is Sergio has never made noises about leaving.

Like it or loath it (and the City owners have put a lot of cash in to East Manchester) they are here to stay.
City fan I see.

Can smell the jealousy from the OP. Sergio will leave when he wants, we'll enjoy him while he's here and both City fans and the OP will always have that moment to remember him by.
Jealousy? Not at all. I'm sure Aguero wants to have more than that winning goal to his name when he retires though. I think City have massively underachieved since he arrived in 2011 and I don't think it's odd to ask the question why doesn't he look elsewhere.

Why does the Caf almost have more threads about other clubs and their players/managers than our own? It's a wee bit RAWKish, isn't it?
It's the football forum pal. You post about football in here.

Ady87

Why does the Caf almost have more threads about other clubs and their players/managers than our own? It's a wee bit RAWKish, isn't it?
You're in the Football Forum. In here we discuss Non-United players, clubs and other such information. If you're looking for a shit ton of United threads, there is a place for that...