At what point does Aguero leave little City?

namco

I really don't see Aguero leaving anytime soon and he seems pretty content at City but I have always wondered if they are paying him a lot more money than what's reported...
They will be paying most of their big name players huge cash bonuses if they see out their contracts. It gives the impression of them being a big club. City's wage bill will easily be the biggest in world football. Most clubs have to report there costs truthfully as they are being run as businesses many with multiple owners. City though only have Mansour. If he want's to put his hand in his pocket & give his players a bunce who's going to know.

MounchesterUtd

There were rumors that he was supposedly Barca's first choice to sign instead of Suarez. I think he missed the bus already. Part of me thinks he doesn't play solely for money though, so I won't be surprised to see him sign a one year contract with a club in contention to win the CL in 2019. Bayern, Juve or a super sub for Barca or Atleti maybe?

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
They will be paying most of their big name players huge cash bonuses if they see out their contracts. It gives the impression of them being a big club. City's wage bill will easily be the biggest in world football. Most clubs have to report there costs truthfully as they are being run as businesses many with multiple owners. City though only have Mansour. If he want's to put his hand in his pocket & give his players a bunce who's going to know.
Good post, and that's what I was sort of alluding to in my earlier post. I mean I hate to be cynical but in football it's hard not to be. I wouldn't be suprised either way, in the case of Aguero especially I have always thought he was getting a fatter paycheck than what's reported, could be wrong though of course.

Xeno

No, they're really not. Liverpool are the club equivalent of a 6 foot man wearing elevator shoes and telling everybody he is 6 foot 5, tall but not that tall.
Jesus I just discovered elevator shoes: mind blown.

Xeno

And the City-China relationship makes it a lot easier to funnel the Sheikhs money through a Chinese club to buy Nasri for £100m or whatever.

Seven Seas Sardines

City's rise was built on merceneries. The first club to start paying 250k a week to the likes of Toure.

Tevez has already gone the way of China, it can't be long before the likes of Nasri, Toure and even Aguero get over there.
I live 5 blocks from the Boca Juniors stadium, and their hooligans party all day and night outside my door on matchday. It's a really poor neighbourhood, and the club surely ain't that rich. Therefore, as much as I hate Tevez and think he's a money-grabbing cnut, I think the Boca transfer was not only his choice. When a poor club close to his heart is offered £73m for a 32-year-old player, I'm sure they'd be carrying him off to China themselves.

MartialsBeard

Hell see out his contract. Madrid wont take the punt nor will Barca. It was reported a few days ago he has a very very cushty position at City where he can turn up when he wants\ do what he wants with little to no repocussions. Not sure Pep would go for that but Aguero means more to City than Pep at the moment so if there was a battle between the two it would likely lead to him just being benched.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Not sure what the point of this thread is. He's won a couple league titles and a couple league cups with City. There's only several clubs (Real, Barcelona, and Bayern) he could go to that would be an improvement on medal opportunities. Doubt any of them are actively inquiring about his services at this point.

Sparky10Legend

City fan I see.

Jealousy? Not at all. I'm sure Aguero wants to have more than that winning goal to his name when he retires though. I think City have massively underachieved since he arrived in 2011 and I don't think it's odd to ask the question why doesn't he look elsewhere.

It's the football forum pal. You post about football in here.
City Fan, hardly. I thought RedCafe had a better class of forum poster, clearly you're an exception. If you cared about Manchester, like i do, you would appreciate City's investment in regenerating that particular part of GM.

Look at my post history, if you like.

Shark

@NotShark
The ship has clearly sailed at this point IMO. He's 28 and has injury problems still. I can remember Barca going for David Villa around that age and they didn't get long out of him at all from what I remember, doubt they'd make the same mistake with an injury prone Aguero.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
He's said all along he'd stay until he felt ready to return to Argentina. He never once flirted with another club even to get a pay rise, always squashing rumours immediately. He's been great that way. There are reports he's already signed an extension yet to be announced but if not, he'll leave after the 18/19 season.

He'll be a massive loss to City, and to the premier league.

Needham

Can someone chart up a graphic showing the point a player's legs/self-belief start to go and the moment that offer from China finally tempts him? That's when Aguerro will go.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I live 5 blocks from the Boca Juniors stadium, and their hooligans party all day and night outside my door on matchday. It's a really poor neighbourhood, and the club surely ain't that rich. Therefore, as much as I hate Tevez and think he's a money-grabbing cnut, I think the Boca transfer was not only his choice. When a poor club close to his heart is offered £73m for a 32-year-old player, I'm sure they'd be carrying him off to China themselves.

73m?!

I must have completely missed that part of it. Must be in the top few transfers ever.

They seem to have no sense at all with their bids.

Would 30m have been turned down for instance? Why leap in at 73M?

Rossa

You're in the Football Forum. In here we discuss Non-United players, clubs and other such information. If you're looking for a shit ton of United threads, there is a place for that...
I mostly look at the most aktive threads,and the ones like this one,and Klopp and Guardiola, tene to dominate.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
2020, by which point he'll be 31. He'll have been here 9 years and he'll leave as our top goalscorer of all time.

He could have achieved more with his career in terms of honours if he'd gone somewhere like Barcelona but never mind, eh? He's still very rich and he's still won more trophies than most players do in their lifetime, which I'm sure he'll see as fair enough.

Seven Seas Sardines

73m?!

I must have completely missed that part of it. Must be in the top few transfers ever.

Insane right! Furthermore it was reported that Boca would have to pay back £43M if Tevez doesn't see out his contract. Seems they know he'll be an unsettled twat. Makes me dream of a £100M Rooney bid in January..

Member 5225

73m?!

Yeah agreed, that'd odd. £30m would surely have been accepted in a heartbeat.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Probably never to be honest. I wouldn't say City are a little club though, like Liverpool they think they're bigger than they are but I think they're big enough for him.
I wonder what club most people consider bigger.

City have won 2 premier league titles in the past 5 years but they have never been relevant in Europe.
Liverpool have the trophy cabinet of a European giant but have won only 1 league cup in the past 10 years.

I feel that in order for either to be truly a big club, Liverpool needs to end their league draught, while City needs to win the CL.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder what club most people consider bigger.

City have won 2 premier league titles in the past 5 years but they have never been relevant in Europe.
Liverpool have the trophy cabinet of a European giant but have won only 1 league cup in the past 10 years.

I feel that in order for either to be truly a big club, Liverpool needs to end their league draught, while City needs to win the CL.
Liverpool would be a bigger club even if City won the next 10 league titles.

You can't just wade in as a billionaire's plaything, after a history bereft of honours, and then think you're it.That takes time.

20 years of honours, and growing their worldwide support, then maybe more like it

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Insane right! Furthermore it was reported that Boca would have to pay back £43M if Tevez doesn't see out his contract. Seems they know he'll be an unsettled twat. Makes me dream of a £100M Rooney bid in January..
Must have researched that incredible time where he just buggered off and played golf for months...

Imagine the fretting at Boca that he sees that 2 years out! I don't know how much money a team like Boca have, but £43m is serious wodge

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
He had immense talent and after Messi and Ronaldo he could have been up there at a place like Madrid/Barca/Munich. Unbelievable that he has wasted his entire career at a useless, plastic club like City.
Would it have been better for him to waste his career at Arsenal?

Ronetta

Supports
Man City

You can't just wade in as a billionaire's plaything, after a history bereft of honours, and then think you're it.That takes time.

20 years of honours, and growing their worldwide support, then maybe more like it
That's the plan.

TheReligion

Abusive
City Fan, hardly. I thought RedCafe had a better class of forum poster, clearly you're an exception. If you cared about Manchester, like i do, you would appreciate City's investment in regenerating that particular part of GM.

Look at my post history, if you like.
I'd rather put hot pokers in my eyes tham read anymore of that drivel thanks.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Would it have been better for him to waste his career at Arsenal?
This is my post:

''He had immense talent and after Messi and Ronaldo he could have been up there at a place like Madrid/Barca/Munich. Unbelievable that he has wasted his entire career at a useless, plastic club like City.''

Unless you're illiterate, in the list of potential clubs where I said he could have gone where does my post mention Arsenal anywhere?

Peanut Butter

City will never dominate for 20 consecutive years because the league is too strong. This isn't Spain or Germany (thank god). City might win the odd league title over the next 20 years but so will Chelsea, Utd, probably even Liverpool and Arsenal.

Reactions: Penna

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Probably when China comes calling. I imagine he only joined City for the money in the first place, so I don't see why he wouldn't jump at a better financial offer.

I always remember the 'deal close' stage of his transfer on Sky Sports News, and I think Jim White or whoever quoted him as saying 'I have received a great contract offer in England, and I cannot wait to sign it', or something like that. I remember thinking 'of course you can't wait!'. It's like £250k a week or so.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
He is probably City's most loved player, from the fans perspective and is playing for one of the highest rated managers in the world and is on a very decent salary. If he has faith in Pep then he knows that he will be in contention to win the Champions League in the next season or two.

Why would he leave?

M Bison

Supports
York City
He is probably City's most loved player, from the fans perspective and is playing for one of the highest rated managers in the world and is on a very decent salary. If he has faith in Pep then he knows that he will be in contention to win the Champions League in the next season or two.

Why would he leave?
Things can change quickly though as we've seen over the last couple of weeks. I'm sure earlier in the season when City were blowing everyone away the thought of leaving didn't even cross his mind but a few dodgy results and now a fight for top 4, not to mention some poor media comments by Pep then it's easy for people to start to look at their options.

Bigger question is, China aside, who would be willing to pay the astronomical fee he can command? He'll be 29 this year (Higuain/Juve I suppose).

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
This is my post:

''He had immense talent and after Messi and Ronaldo he could have been up there at a place like Madrid/Barca/Munich. Unbelievable that he has wasted his entire career at a useless, plastic club like City.''

Unless you're illiterate, in the list of potential clubs where I said he could have gone where does my post mention Arsenal anywhere?
Professional footballers don't tend to view things in the same way as bitter opposition fans though.

I'll also add that despite your withering attack on Manchester City, there is absolutely nothing unbelievable about Aguero spending the last 5 seasons with us. In any case, that doesn't equate to his entire career does it?

If I were you, I'd concentrate on the disgraceful way your club - and in part, your manager - continues to treat Arsenal fans with utter contempt:nono: and with that in mind the lack of self-awareness in your post beggars belief in relation to someone like Alexis Sanchez who deserves to be at a club that is in serious competition for major trophies rather than one whose shareholders, Usmanov aside, are only really interested in investing enough to finish in the top 4 each season.

Last edited:

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
If you have hard evidence of this, I'd implore you to get in contact with the relevant authorities immediately.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yes they are. Most recognised club in England after United with also the second largest following around the world for an English club.
No, they're the 4th most followed English club after Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.

http://www.totalsportek.com/list/most-popular-football-clubs/

As for Kun, I always thought he'd stay, but Pep leaving him out at time makes me wonder if he's actually stupid enough to sell him. Would be the single most idiotic transfer in Ppremier history if he did.

DevilRed

namco

There is absolutely nothing unbelievable about Aguero spending the last 5 seasons with us.
He has stayed with you as he is the highest paid footballer in the world (off the books) It's nonsense for you to think he has snubbed offers from Madrid & Bayern to stay at City, as he loves the club. The fact is nobody could match the terms Aguero has been on.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
He has stayed with you as he is the highest paid footballer in the world (off the books) It's nonsense for you to think he has snubbed offers from Madrid & Bayern to stay at City, as he loves the club. The fact is nobody could match the terms Aguero has been on.
Well if you say so then it must be true.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
No, I think citeh are behind Bournemouth and Norwich.
Who can ever forget that occasion back in the 1990's when Stockport County got a higher attendance at Edgeley Park for a home game against Huddersfield Town in the 3rd tier than Chelsea got for a top flight home game against Southampton just a few days later?:lol: