Not open for further replies.

Longshanks

I suspect we will see something like this

D.D.G
    A.W.B Bailly Varane Maguire Shaw
    Mctom
    Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo Rashford​

Dont think pogba should play personally and it should be donny but can't see Ole seeing it that way so we will have to put up with pogba getting dispossessed and looking surprised about getting pressed in midfield but occansionaly pulling a quality long ball out.

We might murder them on the break away if we get infront in this game ala sociedad last season especially if rashford, he will run behind there high line all game just a matter of weather we can find him or not.

MalaysianRed7

DDG
    Varane Maguire Shaw
    AWB VdB Matic Telles
    Bruno
    Ronaldo Rashford

Atalanta 2-3 United.

justsomebloke

Would expect the 352 to remain, and I suspect Ole's instinct is to not change the team. But the case for Rashford up front to threaten the space behind the line will be hard to ignore. On the other hand, Cavani was instrumental to the success of the setup and evidently impressed the hell out of the coaches in the preparation for the Tottenham game.

Deery

Dreary
    Ronaldo is starting that’s a fact didn’t come off early against Spurs not to start tonight.

Still think Maguire is a worry would prefer Lindelof to be fit.

Not really confident of a result.

saivet

If we're sticking with 3 at the back I'd go with:

DDG
    Varane, Maguire, Shaw
    Wan-Bissaka, Fred, Pogba, Telles
    Sancho, Ronaldo, Rashford​

Hughes35

---------------------------------------------De Gea---------------------------------------------
    -----------------------Lindelof---------Varane--------Maguire---------------------
    AWB---------------------------Mctom------------Pogba--------------------Shaw
    -------------------------------------------Fernandes----------------------------------
    ------------------------------Ronaldo----------------Rashford------------------------

Telles, Sancho and Greenwood off the bench for Fernandes, Ronaldo and Shaw to save some of their legs for the weekend.

Ole would be crazy to change the formation and rest loads of players after a win V spurs when his jobs on the line.

BootsyCollins

Its going to be the same formation i guess with Bailly or Shaw replacing Victor.
    Maybe Pogba for one of McFred and he might play Rashford instead of Cavani.

Sancho, VDB, Martial, Lingard, Greenwood all on the bench.

Smores

They were pretty poor in the first leg, their initial effort soon faded. We'll smash them i reckon.

If his job wasn't on the line we should see some small rotation but i think he'll start the same team.

Can7onA

Dont think pogba should play personally and it should be donny but can't see Ole seeing it that way so we will have to put up with pogba getting dispossessed and looking surprised about getting pressed in midfield but occansionaly pulling a quality long ball out.
    :lol:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
    Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
    I’m really excited for this, I think it will be a quick paced entertaining game.
    Atalanta like to play attacking football and need a win, so we should be able to exploit any spaces they leave on the counter. Could be end to end stuff. Win and we are in a great position. Even a draw would be positive. Let’s go!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
    I’m really excited for this, I think it will be a quick paced entertaining game.
    Atalanta like to play attacking football and need a win, so we should be able to exploit any spaces they leave on the counter. Could be end to end stuff. Win and we are in a great position. Even a draw would be positive. Let’s go!
    Agree with this. It won't be a boring game

tomaldinho1

I think we’ll absolutely hammer them tonight, they look ropey form wise and they weren’t amazing first time around. Now we’ve got our tails up and no motivation needed for playing CL football, I’m going for a big 6-1

Rustyspider13

I have no idea how United will set up for this game. One one hand, we created chances throughout the entire game at OT with the 4-2-3-1. On the other hand, we looked solid and organized for the first time this season with the 3-5-2. A point isn't the worst result but all 3 would almost guarantee qualification. I think it'll depend entirely on how confident the team is feeling about themselves and how risky they want to go.

As for the personnel, highly likely Pogba gets a start and Cavani doesn't. Depending on McT's recovery, he'll partner Pogba or Matic will come in. Would prefer Rashford and Greenwood up top, but Ronaldo isn't getting benched. The City game will undoubtedly affect selection here, I hope we don't play the same team thrice and tire them out.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Gone with this:

de Gea
    Varane Maguire Shaw
    Wan-Bissaka Pogba Fred Telles
    Bruno
    Ronaldo Rashford​

Subs:

Matic > Fred
    Van de Beek > Bruno
    Greenwood > Ronaldo
    Lingard > Rashford
    Sancho > Shaw

I Am Zlatan

Wish people would realise we only beat them because they are probably the easiest fixture we could have had other than maybe Norwich, will definitely be getting a xmas card from them for getting Nuno sacked
    I agree that Spurs were terrible, I just think Ole is a good escape artist, and always seems to get results when his job is on the line (which to be fair, it should always be on the line..).

stu_1992

The back 5 will definitely stay. I agree with those that say that Rashford will start, probably in place of Cavani who will be saved for the weekend. If it were up to me I'd probably try to save Ronaldo as well as I think Greenwood/Rashford are more than good enough for this game. However I think it's more likely Ronaldo will start and later replaced by Greenwood is all is well. Can it see it either way for Bailly/Shaw to replace Lindelof, obviously with Telles coming in. Rest of the team will likely be the same as the weekend, with subs being used if going well. Hard game to call, we could see anything out there.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    I am not sure what Ole will do. I get the feeling he wants to stick with his 4231 and prove himself. If he does that I think Atalanta might win. If he choses the same set up as Spurs I fancy a 1-0 in Utd's favour. I don't have any belief left in Ole to chose the right set up. Whatever.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Can see a hard fought point, which would pretty much guarantee us a seat in the last 16.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    I suspect we will see something like this

D.D.G
    A.W.B Bailly Varane Maguire Shaw
    Mctom
    Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo Rashford​

We might murder them on the break away if we get infront in this game ala sociedad last season especially if rashford, he will run behind there high line all game just a matter of weather we can find him or not.

We should go for one of out other midfield options who have all proven to be so adept at keeping the ball under pressure instead!

Blood Mage

Another must-win game in the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer survival challenge.

De Gea
    AWB - Varane - Lindelof - Maguire - Telles
    McTominay - Fred
    Bruno
    Ronaldo - Rashford​

RedDevilRoshi

Can see a few changes tonight from Saturday with the Manchester Derby this weekend.

Starting XI

De Gea

McTominay - Varane - Maguire

Wan-Bissaka - Pogba - Fred - Shaw

Lingard

Rashford - Ronaldo​

subs: Henderson, Bailly, Telles, Van De Beek, Matic, Sancho, Fernandes, Martial, Cavani

Score Prediction: Atalanta 0-1 Manchester United

Nick7

Can see a hard fought point, which would pretty much guarantee us a seat in the last 16.
    I don't think it does. We would need to get a point at least against Villarreal and beat YB if the other results go against us.

Berbasbullet

I don't think it guarantees us necessarily. We'd also need a result against either Villareal or Wankdorf IMO.
    I just realised this myself, thought the points were slightly different :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    A win would pretty much guarantee qualification and be a great start to the week of football. Dreaming of six points this week.

Up the sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit reds.

soapythecat

I think we do well tonight and beat them comfortably. They will be desperate for 3 points and go all out, which will play into our hands.
    They might score, but we will put more than 2 past them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Wish people would realise we only beat them because they are probably the easiest fixture we could have had other than maybe Norwich, will definitely be getting a xmas card from them for getting Nuno sacked
    That's just not true at all.

The performance was a night and day difference.

We had genuine team structure, we worked so much harder as a team.

Yes Spurs aren't at their best right now but they've still got quality to hurt you, and we dealt with it very well.

Berbasbullet

Really excited for this match, think we need to soak up a lot of pressure and hit them on the break. Can see goals for both sides.

Dan_F

Just really excited for a night of Champions League football
    Same. Just excited for a game to be honest. I wonder how shit we’d have to be for me to lose that excitement. I think it got close under LvG and Jose where it was starting to feel like an obligation.

Berbasbullet

Same. Just excited for a game to be honest. I wonder how shit we’d have to be for me to lose that excitement. I think it got close under LvG and Jose where it was starting to feel like an obligation.
    Honestly us dropping out the champions league and not being regulars has made me really excited for champions league nights. Big match tonight, I think it ends in a draw (which isn’t the end of the world), but can easily see us winning too.

Longshanks

We should go for one of out other midfield options who have all proven to be so adept at keeping the ball under pressure instead!

V.D.B is probably our best midfield option at keeping the ball under pressure. Hence why I think he should play instead of pogba.

croadyman

That's just not true at all.

The performance was a night and day difference.

We had genuine team structure, we worked so much harder as a team.

Yes Spurs aren't at their best right now but they've still got quality to hurt you, and we dealt with it very well.
    Yeah because Spurs were rock bottom you will see what happens on Sat

Berbasbullet

Prediction for the 11:

DDG

AWB
    Varane
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Telles

Pogba
    Fred