Athletics World Championships 2013

FresnoBob

Mike Rogers, who ran a 9.98, said that he thought the track was faster than London's for 2012. I don't know about a sub 9.5, but I think a sub 9.7 is not out of the question.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Rain was pretty heavy so still a stellar run from Bolt although he might've struggled against an in-form Gay or Blake.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Superb effort by Ohuruogo, first British woman to win 2 world titles.

FresnoBob

Just a note about the coverage of track and field (as we call it here in the States). Although the US has, traditionally, the deepest, strongest team, coverage is crap. Considering that it is one of the largest participation sports in the US (high school and college level) it is ignored because the cretins on sport television, sports talk radio, and the average sports writer doesn't understand anything that doesn't involve the Dallas Cowboys, the Miami Heat, some Ped'd baseball player, or cars crashing into each other. We got 90 minutes of coverage on NBC on Sunday. Neither of the two major sports pages I get on internet (ESPN and Fox) had a cover story today on the event--(but did mention Bolt winning yesterday).
To find coverage, you have to bypass all the important stuff (preseason [gridiron] football (NFL and college0, the baseball/PED coverage, Nascar, golf, fantasy sports, MMA, little league baseball, and off-season NBA and NHL info, click on 'other sports," go to "Olympic sports" and see if they have a damn thing to say (no medal tables, nothing comprehensive, just an article on anything that happened.

I trust you folks across the pond are getting actual coverage of a major sporting event.

surf

Just a note about the coverage of track and field (as we call it here in the States). Although the US has, traditionally, the deepest, strongest team, coverage is crap. Considering that it is one of the largest participation sports in the US (high school and college level) it is ignored because the cretins on sport television, sports talk radio, and the average sports writer doesn't understand anything that doesn't involve the Dallas Cowboys, the Miami Heat, some Ped'd baseball player, or cars crashing into each other. We got 90 minutes of coverage on NBC on Sunday. Neither of the two major sports pages I get on internet (ESPN and Fox) had a cover story today on the event--(but did mention Bolt winning yesterday).
To find coverage, you have to bypass all the important stuff (preseason [gridiron] football (NFL and college0, the baseball/PED coverage, Nascar, golf, fantasy sports, MMA, little league baseball, and off-season NBA and NHL info, click on 'other sports," go to "Olympic sports" and see if they have a damn thing to say (no medal tables, nothing comprehensive, just an article on anything that happened.

I trust you folks across the pond are getting actual coverage of a major sporting event.
I feel your pain. Wimbledon and the Olympics are also unwatchable on US TV. I miss the beeb for sports.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I cannot believe it, an athlete from Djibouti was third in the 800m final. Ayanleh Souleiman is a big hero around here, congratulations to him.

Kinky Melinky

Great interview on BBC with Cork man Robert Heffernan taking the Gold in the men's 50km walk. Seems like a very likable fella. His missus is also involved in the athletics and joined him in the interview. They both look like they have a bit of a laugh whilst remaining professional

Kinky Melinky

I cannot believe it, an athlete from Djibouti was third in the 800m final. Ayanleh Souleiman is a big hero around here, congratulations to him.

Nice one! :cool:

It's lovely when it happens. Other nations get so used to winning all the time. Ireland win feck all too so I know how you feel

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
She's stunning. She's got that beautiful Eastern European / Russian look. Could have been a model if she hadn't become a pole dancer........erm Vaulter
Seems that pole vaulters tend to be quite attractive (apart from the british ones). Check out Allison Stokke for proof.

Having been to a few meets I can confirm that they are incredibly bendy as well... the warm ups were very enjoyable to watch!

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Adam Gemili has just won his 200m semi-final in only the second ever sub-20 second time from a British sprinter.

Amazing talent when you consider how he has switched both sports and disciplines in just a few short years.

The final is tomorrow afternoon.

Amir

Adam Gemili has just won his 200m semi-final in only the second ever sub-20 second time from a British sprinter.

Amazing talent when you consider how he has switched both sports and disciplines in just a few short years.
Incredible, really. I think he shaved 0.32 seconds of his career best in the two runs in Moscow so far. Brilliant talent.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

The final is tomorrow afternoon.
Although he's been running hard in his two races so far, he may well dip under John Regis's British record in the final. Especially if Bolt drags the field along to a quick time.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky

Try to get a stream and watch the BBC coverage. In fairness it's one of the things they generally do really well.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Wow, Tamgho went well over 18m in the triple jump only for it to be ruled for being half an inch over the board. Not seen a jump like that since Edwards was in his hey-day.