Atletico Madrid refusing to play Antoine Griezmann more than 30 minutes/Resolved!/smashing it for France.

Irwin99

He wasn't great tonight and France lost the midfield battle.
2 assists and schooled Bellingham in the first half. Agree that England were the better team and won the midfield battle overall but he was easily the best player for the French.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
2 assists and schooled Bellingham in the first half. Agree that England were the better team and won the midfield battle overall but he was easily the best player for the French.
He had a very good game but I find the "schooled Bellingham" point really really laughable. Not least because Bellinghams job was not to look out for him as the most advanced midfielder.

Irwin99

He had a very good game but I find the "schooled Bellingham" point really really laughable. Not least because Bellinghams job was not to look out for him as the most advanced midfielder.
Well i remember a few occasions where he took the ball off Bellingham and for me Griezmann in the first half was far more likely to unlock a tight defence than Bellingham. I'm not knocking the kid, I just thought Griezman was clearly the bright spark of the first 45 minutes.

As I said, I think England were the better team and won the midfield battle eventually but in terms of movement, one-two touch passing you couldn't pick a better player in the first half than Griezmann. His workrate is second to none either.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well i remember a few occasions where he took the ball off Bellingham and for me Griezmann in the first half was far more likely to unlock a tight defence than Bellingham. I'm not knocking the kid, I just thought Griezman was clearly the bright spark of the first 45 minutes.

As I said, I think England were the better team and won the midfield battle eventually but in terms of movement, one-two touch passing you couldn't pick a better player in the first half than Griezmann. His workrate is second to none either.
There were moments where it was vice versa. Greizmann himself was fortunate to not get a yellow card way sooner as he constantly fouled players who ran away from him.

Neither had a bad game. The idea one schooled another is a bit nonsense.

Lee565

It's frustrating that we had our own player like him in maddison but southgate has ignored him for almost a year now

Dan_F

Given the position he’s played most of his career, that’s hardly surprising. He’s not really a midfielder. And I’d say it was more like 25 minutes.

goalscholes

I thought he was MOTM...and even though we were the bet side I dont think we ever actually fully had control of the midfield (or the game)

How is his tackle completion rate 100% when he missed the ball and kicked our players numerous times, giving away fouls?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fecking hell, the guy is Pirlo out there :eek: :eek: :eek:

El Jefe

He's like Bruno minus all the bad habits and stepping up in big games. His work off the ball is incredible too.

Idxomer

He's getting overrated for running around a lot, he has been better than Mbappe though in the last two games.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Very, very impressive. Should be in with a shout for player of the tournament. What does this mean for his club career? Because he looks reborn in midfield.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Very mature performances. The amount of defensive blocks and clearances was incredible today.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Very, very impressive. Should be in with a shout for player of the tournament. What does this mean for his club career? Because he looks reborn in midfield.
Depends on how simeone utilizes him going forward i reckon.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not gonna the player of the tournament because that's Messi's but he will be in the team of the tournament
Well if he outplays Messi in the final why wouldn’t he? I think he’s been just as good up until this point

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's getting overrated for running around a lot, he has been better than Mbappe though in the last two games.
He has created more goal scoring chances than anybody else at this world cup. Set up the first goal tonight. Shut down his own box like Casemito on crack. Started attacks, set up teammates, etc. etc...

He was a monster out there tonight

Joel Miller

Better than Mbappe at this tournament for me personally. Just given more rounded performances I think. And I say that as someone who hasn’t been particularly impressed by Griezmann over the last couple of years

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Messi's still got goals and assists. It will be like 2018 with Modric. A consolation prize
If France win and Griezmann puts in a MOTM performance he wins it. Seriously, player of the tournament will come down to which one of Messi, Griezmann and Mbappé plays best/wins

At this moment Messi and Griezmann have been the 2 best players in the WC and the only thing separating them is Messi doesn't have Mbappé on his team(though Alvarez is getting there at this point)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If France win and Griezmann puts in a MOTM performance he wins it. Seriously, player of the tournament will come down to which one of Messi, Griezmann and Mbappé plays best/wins

At this moment Messi and Griezmann have been the 2 best players in the WC and the only thing separating them is Messi doesn't have Mbappé on his team(though Alvarez is getting there at this point)
Let's make bets. There is no way doesn't win that title IMHO

justboy68

Phenomenal in the last 2 games. Mbappe gets more of the plaudits but he edges it as France's best player I think.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
So what the actual feck happened at Barca
Bad fit, he was recruited to play on the wing with Messi upfront but he hadnt been a left winger since his Real Sociedad days, he was playing as a 9 or false 9 at Atletico and France which was his best position in his prime. This midfield Griezmann would fit very well into a Barca midfield.