Aubameyang - "There are some enquiries about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang [from United]" [David_Ornstein]

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

I would rather give Garnacho all the minutes this season than having one minute of Auba.

hobbers

Giving them Alonso and 10m for a guy who won't even be fit for a month. Terrible deal.

HookedOnAPhelan

Agreed a deal with Chelsea

This should leave us largely unopposed from our league rivals next summer if some new strikers/forwards come on the block.
He's 33 and not very good. Fully expect Chelsea to be in the market for a new striker next summer. But we should be able to beat them out if we get CL anyway.

Edit: I'm late.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He’ll still cost 300k per week for the next few years. I think that’s he’s suggesting. Squad space.
Probably. But i feel that he's like Ronaldo's or Cavani's signing for Chelsea. They're still waiting to find the right one.

TheReligion

Abusive
Probably. But i feel that he's like Ronaldo's or Cavani's signing for Chelsea. They're still waiting to find the right one.
Oh sure he’s definitely a stop gap.

Just seems kind of backwards thinking from them really. Their decisions as a club are bizarre. They sign Havertz for £75m yet have no idea where to play him or what he is. Werner for £50m and end up releasing for less then half they paid, then Lukaku for £100m and end up loaning him out at the start of the summer only to pick up a 33 year old Auba on deadline day in a last minute panic.

That’s not even mentioning Tammy Abraham

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Oh sure he’s definitely a stop gap.

Just seems kind of backwards thinking from them really. Their decisions as a club are bizarre. They sign Havertz for £75m yet have no idea where to play him or what he is. Werner for £50m and end up releasing for less then half they paid, then Lukaku for £100m and end up loaning him out at the start of the summer only to pick up a 33 year old Auba on deadline day in a last minute panic.

That’s not even mentioning Tammy Abraham
Werner and Havertz signings were the right idea but not much on the output. If we don't have history with Lukaku, I'd think that's a very good signing also. Tammy is a big loss, but maybe they're looking for a much proven goalscorer?

Overall, their striker's adventure is still better than us, I think. Martial is still here as our main striker. Chelsea would get rid of him many years ago.

But yeah, the dread of good strikers makes the likes of Nunez is on high demand.

cyberman

Terrible signing. It’s like they’ve imported Ronaldos problems with the goals or any upside at all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully the extent of our enquiry was "please tell us he's going somewhere else".

fps

His attitude isn’t right and his age is wrong, another Chelsea gamble.

Idxomer

He'll start well and then fade quickly after a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.