Auction Draft Chaos - Complete

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Hello @Enigma_87

My intention in the first 2 pages of the debate was never to personally attack you and all of it was part of the debate (with the intention to defend my players).
Maybe I was aggressive and maybe you triggered it out of me with some of your posts (irrespective of whether they were right or wrong), but it could definitely could have been dealt with better.
I am not going to tell you what you should have done differently and get back into the same fighting loop again, but I guess I can tone down the aggression a bit.
I still don't believe its wrong and I have played the same way against past opponents. All the aggression has always been only while defending my team.
But I guess if it can offend one person, there is no reason it can't offend more and hence can be dealt with better.

I don't like leaving things on a bad note, so consider this a peace offering. Not because the game is over, but I wouldn't want someone leaving the drafting arena because of a petty fight with 1 individual.
It doesn't matter how long anyone has been here be it 10 years or 10 months, leaving should only be because of other priorities or boredom and not a fight in 1 game with 1 person.
We all are playing here as a very small group because of our love for all time players, so I would request you to put things behind if possible. Cheers

I know I am on your ignore list as you mentioned, so hopefully one of the other lads forwards you this.

P.S: I hope this does not follow with another you did this and you said this post. I'd rather stay on your ignore list than restart this allover again.

Enigma_87

You know who
As far as I'm concerned, some years ago, I used to have a competitive approach and be aggressive in the discussions. I was also irritated by any criticism. For example, if I had to play against a player like Rivaldo: if you use him as a #10 then I would have told you he was better on the left or elsewhere; you use him as left forward,I would have told you that he isn't a winger. Well, we are aware of how discussions are sometimes developed.

Since, I have changed and became less aggressive but still involved, then I wrote 50 posts about Zico mainly against 2mufc in a draft game one year ago. Welcome overdose to disappear from RedCafe for 4-6 months and be focused on real life top priorities. Then, I have came back in the circus: still interested in telling my story but no longer interested in over-discussing X+A>D-X so R wins. I'm leaving now the circus to solve some issues but will come back later in the year.

Please just keep in mind that argumentum ad hominem and argumentum ad personal are sometimes part of the "game" for those who are very competitive and took these draft seriously... and this game will be forgotten by everybody.... and that a new draft will start next week...

You have been criticized because your opponent did want to convince voters over the duration of several hours, not because of who you are or your great contribution to the Redcafe community in the last 10 years

Peace and love
Cheers, mate.

As far as the bolded goes - this is where it breaks for me. Makes no sense to go from page 1 with personal insults and qualifications just to win a draft game. It's petty and ridiculous and I'd never tolerate that, neither should the community IMO.

Sometimes argumentation becomes repetitive and bores the death out of voters and the whole thread becomes a dialogue and not very interesting as an outsider(sometimes there is quality discussion albeit long) and if it is relation to footballing matters - it's ok to me.

I can accept someone ridiculing my tactics, formation or players - it's part of the game, but what possible gain is there going personal apart from cheap votes?

Even if you don't agree with your opponent (which is normal as you both are on the other side of the argument) at least you should try to respect his opinion and not go with condescending tone, full aggressive, borderline offensive language (individually we trigger by different things and find some things more offensive than others) - just to win, look cool or whatever else agenda you have in the game.

Attitude and exchanges like that put newcomers off from games and would rather have negative effect on the even smaller community we have now (with Tuppet's armada being absent :D).

Anyhow won't derail the thread anymore and the issue is closed for me, I'll join you in your little vacation from drafting and enjoy the game tonight :)

Thanks @Indnyc for running it and I really liked what we build here with Don, one of my favorite possession sides ever :)

GodShaveTheQueen

Personal insults and cheap votes?

Honestly, did any one else feel I did that? No point offering peace to a sore loser.

Indnyc

10) 2mufc/Gio: 1) F. Beckenbauer (130m) 2) Maradona (150m) 3) HP Briegel (30m) 4) G. Muller (100m) 5) G. Lato (30m) 6) J. Heynckes (20m) 7. Zito (40m) 8. Santamaria (50m) 9. Toldo (20m) 10. A. Vidal (20m) 11. D. Santos (70m) 12. J. Croy (20m) 13. F. Bene (20m) 14) P.R.Falcao (70m) 15) R. Giggs (60m)

16) GSTQ 1) M. Kaltz (40m) 2) I. Viktor (20m) 3) R. Bonhof (30m) 4) L. Ronaldo (150m) 5) J. Tigana (60m) 6) Branco - 30m 7) Zico (100m) 8) F Baresi (120m) 9) T. Ravelli (20m) 10) R. Ferri (30m) 11) C. Ferrara (50m) 12) K. Mbappe (20m) 13) Clodoaldo (20m) 14) M. Kempes (30m) 15) F. Cannavaro (70m) 16) Romario (120m) 17) Bennarivo (20m) 18) Mauro Silva (20m) 19) Leandro (20m)

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yes pretty much but I respect his choice. Now it’s done.. Hopefully the final will be a good discussion
Clearly won’t be given he’s forfeiting his upgrade so is evidently hung up about it still.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Pretty much. The FBs and midfield could do some upgrades.
Yeah, just looked at it then briefly and think he could do Bonhof for one of Redondo, Davids, Breitner or Schweinsteiger etc.

Cafu and Facchetti only 70m as well.

GodShaveTheQueen

Yeah, just looked at it then briefly and think he could do Bonhof for one of Redondo, Davids, Breitner or Schweinsteiger etc.

Cafu and Facchetti only 70m as well.
Ha, Bonhof wouldn't be replaced even if you give me Matthaus for free.