Supports
Dragon of Dojima
50m cash
10m carryover
20m from GSTQ
60m from Rivaldo sale
10m from Clodaoldo sale
=150m
Fiar enough didn't know about the carry over and gtsq trade! Good business.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
personally would prefer someone that plays without the ball considering what you already have.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
We thought Best/Cruyff was better than Rivaldo/Messi. :smirk:
Prefer Messi / Rivaldo personally with what you have, but I think Messi / Stoichkov or something like that would have been best.

Enigma_87

You know who
Prefer Messi / Rivaldo personally with what you have, but I think Messi / Stoichkov or something like that would have been best.
Rivaldo was getting plenty of flack in the last games. Best is much better and natural provider of width.

Tried Kalle, but MJJ collapsed the deal when we already had the lawyers in place.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Dogma tricked me into giving them 10 mn for free :(
Poor Clodoaldo didn't deserve that humiliation.

GodShaveTheQueen

Was trying to decide which full matches I should watch of Leandro but just found a 2 and half hour compilation of Leandro's play throughout his career for Flamengo and Brazil. That should save a lot of time :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Gets too late in my timezone beyond 12 Gmt. If 12 is fine, Monday should be fine with me mate
Is it possible to be around 2pm as a KO time?

Not sure if I’d have much time on Thursday and Friday and I don’t want to drag it too much.

GodShaveTheQueen

Is it possible to be around 2pm as a KO time?

Not sure if I’d have much time on Thursday and Friday and I don’t want to drag it too much.
Actually, let's push it out to your original choice Tuesday if it still works for you. I still need to watch a few games I planned to but haven't gotten enough time yet.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
To me GTSQ had the all aggressive and bullish approach from the off. The recycled double posting of his own quotes, condescending tone, borderline accusations of me being unethical(for what?), repeated quotes that I know nothing about players I've picked this very draft, all summarized with offensive tone through every reply and quote at an extend that I lost all interest in defending our team or actually getting into something constructive.

I've been around these drafts for about 4 years, been 10 years member on this board, and despite some heated debates in some games I don't think I had any personal issues with any member around here and always tried to be fair to everybody or help the community as much as I can.

Everybody tends to oversell his own players, team and ideas and gets carried away - I'm no different. The thing I probably value most is consistency in views and I've always tried to be like that. Of course some views change - as our knowledge evolves, but everyone that has paired with me or knows me 90% have always been consistent with it and stuck to my guns around here.

The game itself - Bonhof is someone I've never picked before and I just don't rate as high as others. Mauro Silva and Leandro - every opinion I've stated around here was based on the formation and current tactics, not bash the players as individuals. If other members find that unethical - fair enough.

Anyhow that's me done with draft participation for a while, maybe I just can't keep with the boundless energy of newcomers as @Ecstatic mentioned and would rather try to use the spare time for the compilations section or help running it if someone needs it.
As far as I'm concerned, some years ago, I used to have a competitive approach and be aggressive in the discussions. I was also irritated by any criticism. For example, if I had to play against a player like Rivaldo: if you use him as a #10 then I would have told you he was better on the left or elsewhere; you use him as left forward,I would have told you that he isn't a winger. Well, we are aware of how discussions are sometimes developed.

Since, I have changed and became less aggressive but still involved, then I wrote 50 posts about Zico mainly against 2mufc in a draft game one year ago. Welcome overdose to disappear from RedCafe for 4-6 months and be focused on real life top priorities. Then, I have came back in the circus: still interested in telling my story but no longer interested in over-discussing X+A>D-X so R wins. I'm leaving now the circus to solve some issues but will come back later in the year.

Please just keep in mind that argumentum ad hominem and argumentum ad personal are sometimes part of the "game" for those who are very competitive and took these draft seriously... and this game will be forgotten by everybody.... and that a new draft will start next week...

You have been criticized because your opponent did want to convince voters over the duration of several hours, not because of who you are or your great contribution to the Redcafe community in the last 10 years

Peace and love

Last edited: