Auction Draft Q/F: Zlatan7 vs. GSTQ

Who will win this match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I like your team and your front 4 and your tactical system is consistent.

If I had to improve one position, it would be in defence or midfield: for example a box-to-box instead of Busquets.

Rijkaard did cost 170m, instead of him, you could have had

-------------------Leo Junior (-140)------Kante-
Roberto Carlos (+50) ----Bergomi (+50)--Nesta--- Carlos Alberto (+40)

And then we can start talking football :D

You had done a great job for your 1st draft, it's just that the other team is not so bad :)
Haha yes that’s fair, I definitely got carried away on the Rijkaard bidding having no idea what I was doing, and then the team kind of fell together with no direct plan. replacing Socrates for tostao was something I did after comments re Baggio preferring the left channel and then that led to the change of formation, because I also just happened to have Rivelino to play that left position :)

Enjoyed it anyway, thanks for your input again

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
So are you saying it would take a few of those to stop him in a draft? Rijkaard and Nesta not enough but maybe if I’d added Thuram people would think that was enough? I might sound picky but I need to get my head around this voting.
I'm saying it's not the duty of a single player to limit the influence of a major player like Ronaldo or Baggio.

Football is a collective sport after all so any of us should look at the whole picture to assess players/teams.

Huumm If you want to understand how most voters think, use the research function on RedCafe and write "final" and you would see always the same kind of players.

Haha yes that’s fair, I definitely got carried away on the Rijkaard bidding having no idea what I was doing, and then the team kind of fell together with no direct plan. replacing Socrates for tostao was something I did after comments re Baggio preferring the left channel and then that led to the change of formation, because I also just happened to have Rivelino to play that left position :)
Well, you have started the draft with Baggio, Ronaldinho and Rivelino: 3 players who like to play on the left :D

Enjoyed it anyway, thanks for your input again
The most important thing

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I'm saying it's not the duty of a single player to limit the influence of a major player like Ronaldo or Baggio.

Football is a collective sport after all so any of us should look at the whole picture to assess players/teams.

Huumm If you want to understand how most voters think, use the research function on RedCafe and write "final" and you would see always the same kind of players.

Well, you have started the draft with Baggio, Ronaldinho and Rivelino: 3 players who like to play on the left :D

The most important thing
The first part of that post, it was a reply from earlier that I decided not to send but then didn’t realise it was still there when I replied to your later post haha, I didn’t agree with what I was saying myself.

The 3 left sided players at the start, Yep :lol: just got carried away.
More planned out next time!! Hopefully.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I was fan of Kylian in the starting 11. Not a big fan of Kempes but on the air he would exploit the passing skills of Kaltz.
Surprised to hear that tbh. Is it the player that you don't like or his role in the setup? I would be shocked if you said the latter.

willhse456

Not sure about the Busquets/Rijkaard pairing, and how much chemistry they'd have together.

GSTQ's defence is also great, and when you add Ronaldo and Zico to that mix it's a very difficult team to stop.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Not sure about the Busquets/Rijkaard pairing, and how much chemistry they'd have together.

GSTQ's defence is also great, and when you add Ronaldo and Zico to that mix it's a very difficult team to stop.
I sadly agree with you mate

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Good game @GSTQ, strong team you have there and all the best in the next round with it.

Thanks @Indnyc for setting it all up

Also a quick thanks to the few that voted me, stopped it being a washout!

GodShaveTheQueen

Good game @GSTQ, strong team you have there and all the best in the next round with it.

Thanks @Indnyc for setting it all up

Also a quick thanks to the few that voted me, stopped it being a washout!
Cheers mate. You already did much better than what I managed in my first couple of drafts :lol:

Hope you stick around for more drafts in the future.

Enigma_87

You know who
As I promised @Zlatan 7 but didn't have time so far to look at the game properly some comments on my part:

GSTQ:
I like the defence, and it's a pretty solid base. I'm not sure on the Tigana/Clodoaldo pairing something feels a bit off in a 5-3-2, mainly due to Clodoaldo. Tigana would excel in this set up, but apart from his goal in the 70 WC, his goal output at club level is really low and in 5-3-2 he has to provide going forward. Maybe @oneniltothearsenal can shed some light on him if he knows him more, but I'd expect a midfielder in that formation to provide in both phases and even be the more attacking one than Tigana.

Zico/Fenomeno is obviously mouthwatering. Not a big fan of Kempes either - not in the set up, he's perfect here, but don't rate him all that high.

Zlatan 7:
What I like most about your team is how fluid your attack is. Can see it working very well and the Baggio/Tostao pairing is really something else, and new in drafts. Both will work together well IMO.

Rivelino dropping in and Baggio peeling wide is also nice mechanics, whilst Busquets/Rijkaard provide a solid base. The two players I don't rate particularly high in your set up are Suurbier - who is suspect defensively and Chielini. Fenomeno/Zico axis will create all sorts of trouble for your CB pair, and whilst Rijkaard and Nesta are there I can see pockets of space where the game could be won for GSTQ.

Maybe a 4-3-3 with Rivelino at #10 position, Baggio left channel and Tostao up front would be easier on the eye for the voters, as generally 4-3-3, 5-3-2 and 4-2-3-1 are the systems that are rarely questioned, whilst a more adventurous formations raise eyebrows and aren't well perceived in the draft community.

GodShaveTheQueen

I'm not sure on the Tigana/Clodoaldo pairing something feels a bit off in a 5-3-2, mainly due to Clodoaldo.
You are spot on there. He was a stop gap measure and needs to be replaced.

Not a big fan of Kempes either - not in the set up, he's perfect here, but don't rate him all that high.
Yea, I can only chime in if you don't think he fits the setup. You/anyone personally not rating him, I can't change that .

Thanks for your thoughts.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Thanks for your input. I agree with all what you said about my team. It has great looking mechanics and each player has a role that they could operate in and be familiar with. It’s not just a mish mash of stars making a team.

I was really pleased with it actually and the positions/ roles/ qualities of players were pretty decent for where they played. GSTQ team was admittedly too strong for mine this time around but I still think I’d be a more fluent team.

Enigma_87

You know who
You are spot on there. He was a stop gap measure and needs to be replaced.

Yea, I can only chime in if you don't think he fits the setup. You/anyone personally not rating him, I can't change that .

Thanks for your thoughts.
Aye, it's not like I don't rate Kempes, I do, but he's a very specific player that I feel there are lot of other alternatives that are personal favorites of mine. He should do good in this game and is a good fit.

Thanks for your input. I agree with all what you said about my team. It has great looking mechanics and each player has a role that they could operate in and be familiar with. It’s not just a mish mash of stars making a team.

I was really pleased with it actually and the positions/ roles/ qualities of players were pretty decent for where they played. GSTQ team was admittedly too strong for mine this time around but I still think I’d be a more fluent team.
aye, still top effort and some creative thinking compiling that front four.

BTW have you thought of using Ronaldinho on the right before selling him?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Aye, it's not like I don't rate Kempes, I do, but he's a very specific player that I feel there are lot of other alternatives that are personal favorites of mine. He should do good in this game and is a good fit.

aye, still top effort and some creative thinking compiling that front four.

BTW have you thought of using Ronaldinho on the right before selling him?
I did but as I had Robben also for the right, I had already spent 170m on Rijkaard I thought it made sense to recoup some funds from dinho.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Personally I'd have kept him and sold Rivellino, but that's just me.
I know mate but there was 50m difference between them and I needed a defence.
Half way through this draft I realised we were building 13 man teams and not 11 and panicked

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Surprised to hear that tbh. Is it the player that you don't like or his role in the setup? I would be shocked if you said the latter.
His positioning is of course the right one. I picked him in the past and struggled to highlight him based on what I've watched.