Auction Draft QF2 : Cutch vs Isotope

Who will win based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
It's tough finding the time mate. Have the same problem myself at the minute.

I must say, had no idea your team was so strong til i checked it after the draw. Great reinforcements. I was afraid that Desailly and Rijkaard would be seen to cancel out Crespo and Kaka respectively and with Baresi on Rossi i wondered where my goals would come from so hence the Baggio gamble. It looked like such a tight game and in reality it would probably finish a draw 8 times out of 10.

Good to see Savicevic getting another good outing. Learned a lot more about him in one of the last drafts with TITO. Class player.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Now that it's over, honest clearly agenda-free question here. Sure, Cafú > Benarrivo, but does anyone seriously think Benarrivo couldn't cope with Cafú? We are talking about a fullback who started for Italy even when their obvious first choice would be to take the entire Milan backline, won two UEFA Cups, a Super Cup, lost a CWC Final... sure he must have faced far trickier widemen than Cafú?

Not underrating Cafú at all, he performs an essential role there, but everyone seemed to give it for granted he would piss on Benarrivo all game long despite Cafú having to worry about Del Piero at the other end and Rijkaard being at hand to support. His support to link up was Gattuso, while Benarrivo could count on Del Piero and Rijkaard going forward.

I don't think it was anywhere near as one-sided as portrayed by most.
I think the main point Cafu and Benarrivo aren't going straight into a 1v1 battle and any extra space the full-back has before meeting the other full-back would be better exploited by Cafu rather than Benarrivo, as solid as the latter was.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Aye Gio's right. The reason i was banging on about Cafu wasn't that Benarrivo was a liability or anything, though he was weak relative to the other 3 outstanding fullbacks. It was because Cafu had so much freedom on that side, with Gattuso to help out. It was a clear outball for Pirlo to start attacks.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Aye Gio's right. The reason i was banging on about Cafu wasn't that Benarrivo was a liability or anything, though he was weak relative to the other 3 outstanding fullbacks. It was because Cafu had so much freedom on that side, with Gattuso to help out. It was a clear outball for Pirlo to start attacks.
Absolutely, I agree with Gio that Cafú runs the flank better and that it was a clear option for Pirlo, I just found it odd how many mentioned your clearest route to goal was Cafú crosses into the box, it sounded like we had Buttner trying to stop some sort of Giggs-Beckham right wing hybrid.

TBH, I couldn't see you scoring for toffee, but you put it better than me in that previous post of yours. That Milan side you are replicating was excellent at keeping a clean sheet and hitting you with the quick transition, but when the other side has Benarrivo-Baresi-Hierro-Thuram in front of Buffon and with Rijkaard and Desailly shielding the defence, and Ballack to boot... I can't see it happening, nowt to do with your chaps, it's just one of the meanest defensive setups I've seen, even meaner than that time I parked the bus with about 8 players against Gio. :lol:

Those Red Star/Marseille/Milan EC games of the early 90s usually ended 0-0 or 1-0 as well, which was very much the scoreline I expected here.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Any idea where i go from here? How do i upgrade while keepin the teams identity? How do i stop Diego Maradona and Michel Platini when my deepest midfielder is Andrea Pirlo
Just because Pirlo is deep doesn't mean he has the defensive burden (not that he wasn't decent enough positionally).

The defensive solidity in midfield comes from the partners - Gattuso, De Rossi, Vidal whoever.

You also have an outstanding defence, not that you need to rely on that for this discussion. The point about Pirlo being the deepest just isn't a concern. Some teams have their playmaker ahead of the midfield, this one has its playmaker behind the midfield.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Any idea where i go from here? How do i upgrade while keepin the teams identity? How do i stop Diego Maradona and Michel Platini when my deepest midfielder is Andrea Pirlo
Very tough to upgrade the diamond, said as much after your first match.

Either you drop it or if you want to persist it with, I would get someone like Zidane to replace Kaka. Drop Pirlo + Cannavaro. Replacing latter is easier, since you can shift Maldini to center and get Lizarazu. Pirlo replacement is harder for a diamond, Sousa perhaps.

Malva

try to get rijkaard or gullit to replace gattuso and seedorf. definite, significant upgrades which would virtually make your team unbeatable. whether you have the means to do that i don't know.

antohan

Very tough to upgrade the diamond, said as much after your first match.

Either you drop it or if you want to persist it with, I would get someone like Zidane to replace Kaka. Drop Pirlo + Cannavaro. Replacing latter is easier, since you can shift Maldini to center and get Lizarazu. Pirlo replacement is harder for a diamond, Sousa perhaps.
Sousa isn't stopping Maradona though.

@Cutch. Bloody hard job you have here. What are the spoils elsewhere? Boniek doesn't fit the theme, most of the ones that do were on the same pitch today but TP-wise you may be a bit buggered. At least you will see others blow their budgets there.

Maldini 2TP, Nesta 2TP, Cafú 2TP, Cannavaro 2TP, Pirlo 3TP = 11TP

I noticed that was an issue while you guys where bidding, you can end up leaving a TP unused, which is a bummer.

Sagnol for Cafú?
Lizarazu for Cannavaro?

That lets you keep Pirlo and add one of Redondo or Matthäus. Or both and dropping Pirlo...

Takes you further and further away from the theme though. I'd probably pick up Rijkaard for Gattuso and Redondo to do a Pirlo (maybe).

The issue still is scoring at the other end, I would probably drop Rossi and play Kaká + Savicevic/Del Piero behind the striker. Don't think Enzo is getting any credit, but Crespito would love to be playing with him again. Whichever way you go about it, I think you need two behind the striker and not two up top that the ball may never get to.

antohan

try to get rijkaard or gullit to replace gattuso and seedorf. definite, significant upgrades which would virtually make your team unbeatable. whether you have the means to do that i don't know.
Both TP rated. I'd agree fitting in Rijkaard would be a definite improvement. Just need to replace Cannavaro or Cafú, preferably the former.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He can't do that because of the TP restrictions. Upgrading Kaka is pretty much impossible as well, due to the TP restrictions. There isnt a better non-TP player for that role than Kaka.

He could definitely boost the front line though, within those constraints. Totti or Del Piero for Crespo/Rossi would be an upgrade. Fantastic players.

Then I would upgrade Cannavaro to Baresi.

Something like this,

antohan

I really like this new site, can't stop playing with it:

feck that clip, you can play a high line with those two CBs. Cafú and Lizarazu bombing down the flanks, mean fecker of a midfield with excellent distribution from deep and the best non-TP support you can afford for Crespo. I do think Crespo is a better out and out striker than Rossi, but you will know better having picked him several times before.

Moby

Dick
I don't have a problem with it myself, is it a phone thing?
No, PC. It's loading slightly quicker right now, but earlier in the day and generally in previous matches when it was used the image took really long to load. In the current games those who used it have re uploaded it on imgur, or let's say I did that, to fix it.