Auction Fantasy Draft

Annahnomoss

Please make official votes like this. @Annahnomoss I vote for strikers.

Any bids that does not tag me won't be guaranteed to make it in the OP:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Why not, say I got Ronnie for 100M, it's now round four and just about right now I decide I really want Messi so offer him up to whoever bids the highest and over X amount in the next couple of hours. What stops me? How does it make things convoluted at all? Stob then comes and tells me he is dropping out of the Messi race and is happy to take Ronnie off my hands for 90M. Sorted, lost 10M but freed up 90M to carry on chasing Messi.

It's not particularly complicated.
1) It is doubly complex as there will be 2 bids happening simultaneously, the round bid and the transfer bid.
2) Circumvents the positional rounds, if players from other positions can be made available any time.
3) The same player purchased and sold in same window is not realistic as claimed before.
4) Unfair to initial big spenders. There may be manager who were willing to bid Ronaldo for 70m and are priced out, only to find him available in later stages when they don't have cash.

Let it be put for vote. If most managers agree it can be there.

Annahnomoss

I don't like the idea at all of transfers in the middle of rounds. I think that after every round there would be a possibility for a transfer window in that case.

If Antohan picks three wingers, I can tell him in the thread what I'd pay for the winger. If Anto accepts he'll put his player on a free market for everybody to outbid. Nobody should be able to put a player in the market though and get bids, then take it back after. A minimum transfer fee should be set out and if someone matches it you are forced to sell.

That way tactical changes can be made in between rounds and feckups can be sorted.
@Edgar Allan Pillow Done.

Polaroid

But how it fair for someone who paid 80m for FatRonaldo that someone else could get Messi for 40m because someone made a bid for him he can't fulfill

Almost everyone playing agrees with me that you should not allow players to use money they don't have.

As I said it would introduce too much luck into the whole luck which defeats the purpose of open auction in the first place. Not to mention would leave sour taste for managers who worked hard to draft their team if someone gets lucky to land a big name for cheap.
So you agree that the guy with Ronaldo is unlikely to sabotage the bid?

Any team who thinks 40 m is too low for Messi is free to up the bid. We will have the forwards round right after this. Why did we start with wingers anyway?

We can raise the fine to 25 m if 10 m is too low to get people to manage their budget
If we are to monitor the standing cash position of every team to verify every bid, who is going to sit here the whole day making sure that what the teams declared are accurate?

So we only verify winning bids, anyone who plays the market without funds to pay for the transfer gets fined. If they can't pay they have to sell players to raise funds. That is simpler to administer.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
So you agree that the guy with Ronaldo is unlikely to sabotage the bid?

Any team who thinks 40 m is too low for Messi is free to up the bid. We will have the forwards round right after this. Why did we start with wingers anyway?

We can raise the fine to 25 m if 10 m is too low to get people to manage their budget
If we are to monitor the standing cash position of every team to verify every bid, who is going to sit here the whole day making sure that what the teams declared are accurate?

So we only verify winning bids, anyone who plays the market without funds to pay for the transfer gets fined. If they can't pay they have to sell players to raise funds. That is simpler to administer.
Ok make the fine 30m and I am fine with it

crappycraperson

Scout
Not a fan of this transfer list idea at all tbh.
I have come around to think the same now, complicates it too much. Should be a straight forward auction. If you feck up, you feck up, just like any other draft

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
1. Annah - Reus 10m,(19:34 UKtime)
2. Polaroid - Neymar 19m,
3. AldoPaine18 - Robben 42m (2148 UK)
4. rpitroda - Beckham 52m, Ljungberg 25m Pires 36m
5. Stobzilla - Nani (10mil) Pedro (10 mil) Ronaldo (101 mil) 00:51 GMT 23/03/2014
6. Edgar Allan Pillow - Hazard 20m | Ángel di María 10m 21:57 GMT 23/03/2014
7. crappycraperson - Ribery 50m (8.00 UK time) , Steve McManaman (10m) ( 16.00 UK Time)
8. NM -, David Silva 20 M, Overmars 26 M
9. kps88 -
10. MJJ - Ronaldinho 85m(10:04) Giggs 60m (00:55)
11. Cutch - Kily Gonzalez 15m Joaquin 10m
12. VivaJanuzaj - , Enrique 45M
13. Pippa - Zé [10M], Figo [67M]
14. NoPace
15. PaceMe -C Lopez 16m, Bale 43m
16. Fergus' son - Nedved 65m, Muller 30m

Last edited:

crappycraperson

Scout
1. Annah - Reus 10m,(19:34 UKtime)
2. Polaroid - Neymar 19m,
3. AldoPaine18 - Robben 42m (2148 UK)
4. rpitroda - Beckham 52m, Ljungberg 25m Pires 36m
5. Stobzilla - Nani (10mil) Pedro (10 mil) Ronaldo (101 mil) 00:51 GMT 23/03/2014
6. Edgar Allan Pillow - Hazard 20m | Ángel di María 10m
7. crappycraperson - Ribery 50m (8.00 UK time) , Steve McManaman (10m) ( 16.00 UK Time)
8. NM -, David Silva 20 M, Overmars 26 M
9. kps88 -
10. MJJ - Ronaldinho 85m(10:04) Giggs 60m (00:55)
11. Cutch - Kily Gonzalez 15m Joaquin 10m
12. VivaJanuzaj - , Enrique 45M
13. Pippa - Zé [10M], Figo [67M]
14. NoPace
15. PaceMe -C Lopez 16m, Bale 43m
16. Fergus' son - Nedved 65m, Muller 30m
Put in your time stamps

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Nah I don't agree with this, once you risk placing someone for transfer you have to live by it
Clubs get interest expressed in their players all the time and can feel up the market/agent for possible bids as well. Doesn't force them to take what the market is willing to pay.

Then the person who is bidding for him, cant get in a replacement as he can never be sure if you are going to sell him or not. And he cant waste his money on two players for the same position. Unless there is a minimum release clause added in, cant see it working.
There's 12 hours before any bid closes, so long as you conclude your personal business swiftly there should be no problem for all involved.

I'd agree some positions may be harder to flog than others. Very unlikely you can flog a RB after everyone already has one, although you could arrange for someone to get your Zanetti for Brown+30M cash.

crappycraperson

Scout
Clubs get interest expressed in their players all the time and can feel up the market/agent for possible bids as well. Doesn't force them to take what the market is willing to pay.

There's 12 hours before any bid closes, so long as you conclude your personal business swiftly there should be no problem for all involved.

I'd agree some positions may be harder to flog than others. Very unlikely you can flog a RB after everyone already has one, although you could arrange for someone to get your Zanetti for Brown+30M cash.
Who cares what happens in real life? There is no player auction in one for starters

antohan

1) It is doubly complex as there will be 2 bids happening simultaneously, the round bid and the transfer bid.
It's not complicated at all. Post it with lots of tags and big bold letters, even a SALE banner. Very easy to arrange.

2) Circumvents the positional rounds, if players from other positions can be made available any time.
No one would plan to "circumvent" the positional rounds by banking on a player being up for sale at some point. It's a completely unplanned and unpredicatble event that may or may not happen and will only resutl in a transaction if there's a willing buyer and seller. Lots of IFS.

3) The same player purchased and sold in same window is not realistic as claimed before.
It's the least likely thing to happen, agreed. You really would have to be a moron. Or trippy sitting on three right now. :p

4) Unfair to initial big spenders. There may be manager who were willing to bid Ronaldo for 70m and are priced out, only to find him available in later stages when they don't have cash.
Tough luck. Offer the winger you did indeed get plus cash, see how you fare. That's how markets work, every day.

antohan

Nobody should be able to put a player in the market though and get bids, then take it back after. A minimum transfer fee should be set out and if someone matches it you are forced to sell.
That's what I said earlier, invite bids over a minimum agreeable value. Then someone said if people would only offer X you had to take the knock, which is absurd.

Annahnomoss

Anto is making some good points. I think that a transfer would work if we do it after each round. That way it is primarily there for managers who fecked up and of course selling a winger - right after the winger round is not going to inflate his price at all.

Most managers has wingers or decided not to get them.

Imagine picking up Messi in the striker round, then trying to sell him. As everybody will have gone for as many strikers they wanted for their team - Messi wouldn't be too attractive.

crappycraperson

Scout
Anto is making some good points. I think that a transfer would work if we do it after each round. That way it is primarily there for managers who fecked up and of course selling a winger - right after the winger round is not going to inflate his price at all.

Most managers has wingers or decided not to get them.
No he isn't. That's what I suggested. He thinks you should be able to sell him or buy him what soever.. which makes a mockery of position based rounds

Annahnomoss

No he isn't. That's what I suggested. He thinks you should be able to sell him or buy him what soever.. which makes a mockery of position based rounds
Well I don't agree on the open idea that you can buy and sell them any time you wish. I do however think that adjusting it to primarily help people who fecked up like if you get three wingers or whatever.

Polaroid

Ok make the fine 30m and I am fine with it
Good, 30 m it is
@Annahnomoss , please update in OP along with the minimum 2 m increment for bids 50 m or higher

FAO all managers, direct all questions on player bids and sales to me
I will answer and decide, can't have multiple people pulling the draft in different directions

To keep it simple, we will have 4 rounds of auction
Forwards-Midfielders-Defenders-Gks
Meaning this is now the forwards round you can bid for strikers, wide forwards etc
I am not fixated on the positions, if you think someone can be considered a forward rather than a midfielder go ahead and bid.

I will extend the time line to accommodate this change. The 24 hr clock starts ticking from today noon GMT, ie all bids that come in before then will be considered Winning bids if unchallenged by tomo noon. Bids that come in after that must have a timestamp next to the bid, if unchallenged for 24 hrs from that timestamp, that bid is the winning bid. The same 24 hr timeline applies to subsequent rounds, ie no matter which timezone u r in, as long as u check every 24 hrs or less, u won't miss out on any bid

Moby

Dick
All this complication is happening because people are messing around with bidding on players they don't need or with the amount of money they don't have. Instead of inventing new mechanics to adjust that, rather discipline the managers. Only make bids for players you can live with in the end and with the money you can afford to, end of. If you bid for three wingers and end up getting them, that's that.

MJJ

Good, 30 m it is
@Annahnomoss , please update in OP along with the minimum 2 m increment for bids 50 m or higher

I will answer and decide, can't have multiple people pulling the draft in different directions

Meaning this is now the forwards round you can bid for strikers, wide forwards etc
I am not fixated on the positions, if you think someone can be considered a forward rather than a midfielder go ahead and bid.

I will extend the time line to accommodate this change. The 24 hr clock starts ticking from today noon GMT, ie all bids that come in before then will be considered Winning bids if unchallenged by tomo noon. Bids that come in after that must have a timestamp next to the bid, if unchallenged for 24 hrs from that timestamp, that bid is the winning bid. The same 24 hr timeline applies to subsequent rounds, ie no matter which timezone u r in, as long as u check every 24 hrs or less, u won't miss out on any bid
I think the last format was better instead of this. Specific positions wise bidding will make it less of a mess.

antohan

TBH, even if allowed I don't think sales would play much of a role at all at any point, just think they would be an interesting curveball that could come into play when someone thinks they have you fecked and out of money to carry on bidding. I really don't see the complication at all, but agree it really is for Pol to decide.

His draft, his call.

Polaroid

I think the last format was better instead of this. Specific positions wise bidding will make it less of a mess.
@Polaroid it was the peoples idea to have the positional rounds by the way.
striker/wide forward/attacking midfielder? Why pigeonhole players to bid for them separately? Why does Ronaldo have to be separate from Messi in bidding?
Just 4 categories for relative comparison of player values and managing the volume of players. Starting with forwards as they tend to be valued the highest.

crappycraperson

Scout
Good, 30 m it is

I don't think it is a good easy to change it to a consolidated forwards round now

If you want do to it, you have to start afresh

MJJ

striker/wide forward/attacking midfielder? Why pigeonhole players to bid for them separately? Why does Ronaldo have to be separate from Messi in bidding?
Just 4 categories for relative comparison of player values and managing the volume of players. Starting with forwards as they tend to be valued the highest.
Because tracking two players is easier than tracking sixteen people bidding for four positions at once. It will be a nightmare to plan/organize. And as crappy pointed out you would have to start the draft all over.

Polaroid

Fine we will start all over, I will create a separate transfer muppet fantasy thread :lol: we take this as a trial to work out the mechanics