Auction Fantasy Draft

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
:lol:

TBH, your deadline tomorrow is probably not enforceable as you still have one manager AWOL

MJJ

Fine we will start all over, I will create a separate transfer muppet fantasy thread :lol: we take this as a trial to work out the mechanics
Will still face the problems of it being a mess. Like I said if sixteen players are bidding for four positions simultaneously it will be a clusterfeck.

Polaroid

:lol:

TBH, your deadline tomorrow is probably not enforceable as you still have one manager AWOL
I said it in an earlier post, if he does not respond by the stipulated time frame we have to replace him, the queue is open already for potential replacement s

Moby

Dick
It's alright guys, since it is a new concept some confusion at the start was always on the cards, no big deal really.

I agree that we should start over if we are modifying the structure. A lot of us would have made the bids according to our strategies based on the structure told to us so we should be allowed to rethink and starting over is a logical option.

antohan

Will still face the problems of it being a mess. Like I said if sixteen players are bidding for four positions simultaneously it will be a clusterfeck.
It's a fair point, it already looks horrid with all them timestamps, dates, repetitive allusions to BST.

Use 24H convention, if it's more than 24 hours ago it would be deleted and the player bolded so no need for the day, no need for AM/PM either, or repeating BST every single time. That should help.

Polaroid

Regarding NoPace, from the onset I have said to him that if he can get someone on the mains to post for him, it will not be an issue for us to have him onboard. We have not heard from since Friday and he has not responded to PM s. The concern is not so much this round but whether in later rounds he will be as inactive, handicapping his team building, and effectively taking out 1 of the 16 teams before the tournament starts. If he still does not respond by 8 am, we will have to replace him. Those who want to join the queue can indicate so now
@NoPace

antohan

I said it in an earlier post, if he does not respond by the stipulated time frame we have to replace him, the queue is open already for potential replacement s
If no one else shows up I'll take it, you need to move on. Going to bed now though, let me make a bid before anything closes tomorrow!

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It's a fair point, it already looks horrid with all them timestamps, dates, repetitive allusions to BST.

Use 24H convention, if it's more than 24 hours ago it would be deleted and the player bolded so no need for the day, no need for AM/PM either, or repeating BST every single time. That should help.
You can do it player based as well.. would be much cleaner

Ronaldo - 80m - crappy - 09.00
Messi - 100m - Aldo - 13.00
Keane - 60m - crappy - 18.00

Polaroid

You can do it player based as well.. would be much cleaner

Ronaldo - 80m - crappy - 09.00
Messi - 100m - Aldo - 13.00
Keane - 60m - crappy - 18.00
That was my original plan altho I am OK with what Anna started with u all
I sketched out the framework for managers to bid for players off a list of 55, starting with the FIFPRO 2013 nominees. The list will be topped up back to 55 players each time a bid is successful

Last edited:

crappycraperson

Scout
Only draw back is that it would very long

i mean for forwards only u are talking about around 60+ names

Polaroid

Let's iron our the mechanics here before I start a new thread

We bid for players off a 55 man shortlist, starting with the FIFPRO 2013 nominees
Each team starts with 300 m and bidding starts at 10 m with each increment at least 2 m
Bids have to be time stamped for them to be valid. Bids unchallenged for 24 hrs r deemed to be winning bids
Bids cannot be withdrawn and managers who fail to go through with a winning bid will be fined 30 m
Minimum squad size 11, maximum squad size 23
After each stage, teams that progress receive 50 m in bonus to transfer kitty balance
In reinforcement round, managers can bid for players from eliminated teams or those yet to be picked. They can also transfer list their players to raise funds.

Feel free to ask questions so that we can flesh this out

Last edited:

crappycraperson

Scout
Wait.. so no position based rounds?
I don't think there is any need for a shortlist. Let people bid for eligible players like now

crappycraperson

Scout
Though I do think we are staring over for nothing

We can just have the rounds as -

Wingers
Forwards
Midfield
Defense
Keeper

Annahnomoss

Wingers
Forwards
Midfield
Defense
Keeper
Indeed, little change. No reason to reset the entire draft. We can modify the future and that is it.

Last edited:

Malva

I have come around to think the same now, complicates it too much. Should be a straight forward auction. If you feck up, you feck up, just like any other draft
agreed
Fine we will start all over, I will create a separate transfer muppet fantasy thread :lol: we take this as a trial to work out the mechanics
come on, let's just finish this draft, no need to start a new one over something so small.

Polaroid

Wait.. so no position based rounds?
I don't think there is any need for a shortlist. Let people bid for eligible players like now
Indeed. Restricting who everybody can bid for is just going to be negative to the draft.
U all have misunderstood. What it means is that we start with a 55 man list but anytime managers can replace one of the players wuthout bids on the list with a nomination of his own. Each time a vacancy opens up with a winning bid, any manager can nominate a player to fill the vacancy.

So we are not restricting the players and not restricting the positions, only restricting the no of players so that the length of the bidding list does not spiral out of control.

Last edited:

Polaroid

Wingers
Forwards
Midfield
Defense
Keeper
I do not mind continuing with the present draft if there are no objections. Aldo seems to have some issues though

crappycraperson

Scout
I do not mind continuing with the present draft if there are no objections. Aldo seems to have some issues though
No I think the issue is if we combine forwards with wingers now.. that would require a restart for sure. If not then, I think we should be fine,

Aldo might be trying to weasel out of buying Robben :angel:

Though let's just do a restart .. might be clearer for all

Polaroid

No I think the issue is if we combine forwards with wingers now.. that would require a restart for sure. If not then, I think we should be fine,

Aldo might be trying to weasel out of buying Robben :angel:

Though let's just do a restart .. might be clearer for all
If we r restarting, is the following clear enough before I start a new thread?
Let's iron our the mechanics here before I start a new thread

We bid for players off a 55 man shortlist, starting with the FIFPRO 2013 nominees
Each team starts with 300 m and bidding starts at 10 m with each increment at least 2 m
Bids have to be time stamped for them to be valid. Bids unchallenged for 24 hrs r deemed to be winning bids
Bids cannot be withdrawn and managers who fail to go through with a winning bid will be fined 30 m
After each stage, teams that progress receive 50 m in bonus to transfer kitty balance
In reinforcement round, managers can bid for players from eliminated teams or those yet to be picked. They can also transfer list their players to raise funds.

Feel free to ask questions so that we can flesh this out
U all have misunderstood. What it means is that we start with a 55 man list but anytime managers can replace one of the players wuthout bids on the list with a nomination of his own. Each time a vacancy opens up with a winning bid, any manager can nominate a player to fill the vacancy.

So we are not restricting the players and not restricting the positions, only restricting the no of players so that the length of the bidding list does not spiral out of control.

Polaroid

On the transfers, we will have a separate transfer list where a manager who wishes to sell his player can quote a price and others can bid. Once seller and buyer agree, the transfer can proceed, no 24 hr timeline.

Auction list

Transfer list

Polaroid

In summary

We bid for players off a 55 man shortlist, starting with the FIFPRO 2013 nominees. Anytime managers can replace one of the players without bids on the list with a nomination of his own. Each time a vacancy opens up with a winning bid, any manager can nominate a player to fill the vacancy.

For transfers, we will have a separate transfer list where a manager who wishes to sell his player can quote a price and others can bid. Once seller and buyer agree, the transfer can proceed, no 24 hr timeline.

Auction list

Transfer list

antohan

It can't really. Take keepers, if we are bidding for more than 16 keepers whoever brought up the 17th one is a moron, unless he did after someone was siting on two.

Conversely, with defenders, there may need to be more than 55 going at one point. 4x16=64.

Think it's way more dynamic and manageable as it is with everyone introducing players and bidding on existing ones.

crappycraperson

Scout
It can't really. Take keepers, if we are bidding for more than 16 keepers whoever brought up the 17th one is a moron, unless he did after someone was siting on two.

Conversely, with defenders, there may need to be more than 55 going at one point. 4x16=64.
Once a player is bought... he is off the list so its fine