g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Auction-Trade Madness Draft-SF: 2Mufc0/Theon vs. Enigma/RVP

With players at career peak, who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Didn't want to vote against the total football, although if I'm honest with myself, Müller would've probably scored a winner like he did in 1974.

Still, Stoichkov-Cruyff-Gullit would've been fantastic to watch

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The sale of Burgnich was killer IMO .. left the defence too exposed even if it meant a better selling of the philosophy

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Went for 2mufc in the end as sometimes I feel ambitiousness and daring should trump the safe and sound tactical approach as that happens in real life.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
The scoreline is a bit harsh, to be fair. Finding the ideal fits was always going to be a tall order given the budgetary constraints and moving pieces in this theme, but excellent work by @2mufc0 and @Theon regardless - they had a niche vision predicated on totaalvoetbal with Cruyff as the puppeteer par excellence - and stuck to it - for better or for worse. Ballsy effort, all things considered, and a welcome change of pace from the myriad ultra-defensive lineups, IMO!

Anyway, well done @Enigma_87 and @The Red Viper. And good luck in the final. :)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
with Ronaldinho and Robben up-front, you get the whole package: creator and goalscorer, who are comfortable drifting to byline.
Icing on the cake is they both are excellent dribbler with pace; great for counterattack, or opening the stubborn defence.

Then you have Muller, an incredible goalscorer and a decent passer.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Also thanks everyone for the appreciation, i think we did the best we could do with the money constraints. I think we almost made the all time Dutch 11 bar MVB, Rijkaard, Krol and Stam and keeper.

Had fun putting the team together and fully appreciating what a fantastic football nation Holland are, probably are my favourite now.

Hopefully we can see some more innovative draft teams in the future.

Enigma_87

You know who
The scoreline is a bit harsh, to be fair. Finding the ideal fits was always going to be a tall order given the budgetary constraints and moving pieces in this theme, but excellent work by @2mufc0 and @Theon regardless - they had a niche vision predicated on totaalvoetbal with Cruyff as the puppeteer par excellence - and stuck to it - for better or for worse. Ballsy effort, all things considered, and a welcome change of pace from the myriad ultra-defensive lineups, IMO!

Anyway, well done @Enigma_87 and @The Red Viper. And good luck in the final. :)
Cheers mate, good luck to guys you too. :)

Congrats @Enigma_87 @The Red Viper you guys really made the most of the last reinforcement round, well done!
Cheers mate. Great effort and it's always tough to nail done a great Dutch side in defence especially, otherwise awesome attacking and midfield unit on show.

with Ronaldinho and Robben up-front, you get the whole package: creator and goalscorer, who are comfortable drifting to byline.
Icing on the cake is they both are excellent dribbler with pace; great for counterattack, or opening the stubborn defence.

Then you have Muller, an incredible goalscorer and a decent passer.
Yeah, thought you'd like it mate :D

A fantastic winger pair that we copied a bit from your side.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
C

Yeah, thought you'd like it mate :D

A fantastic winger pair that we copied a bit from your side.
:lol: Much better than your "original lousy and dull team". Still can't believe I lost to that :wenger:

Indnyc

Also thanks everyone for the appreciation, i think we did the best we could do with the money constraints. I think we almost made the all time Dutch 11 bar MVB, Rijkaard, Krol and Stam and keeper.

Had fun putting the team together and fully appreciating what a fantastic football nation Holland are, probably are my favourite now.

Hopefully we can see some more innovative draft teams in the future.
Sometime back there was a suggestion to play a draft where classic teams would go up against teams selected by drafters.. So for example round 1 you would play say United 07-09

Your team for this draft showed how difficult it would be to defend classic teams as people would mostly prefer shinier names and Goat players