Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

That’s why previously I mentioned only Mitchell (if we hire him) can convince the player to come. Assume if there is good relationships between the two.

However, the manager can also convince the player to come if ETH can specifically explain what is the role he is going to give to the player and how he will be part of the integral player for the project. Assume if ETH really wants him.
Worryingly Ornstein says Mitchell hasn't really been discussed by the club

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Rangnick reiterated that Manchester United should be going for the best players they can acquire and that it should take us no more than 3 windows of concerted effort to be up to par given our resources.

This is the man advising the club. We are not going to meander as there's no reason to do so.

jackal&hyde

Rangnick reiterated that Manchester United should be going for the best players they can acquire and that it should take us no more than 3 windows of concerted effort to be up to par given our resources.

This is the man advising the club. We are not going to meander as there's no reason to do so.
Very good. That's what I'm thinking too. None of this 45 year plan and buying 4th rate players that nobody wants. We make a lot of money and should use it to our advantage. Players like Varane and Bruno will want to compete sometime before they're retiring otherwise they would not have signed the contracts.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Very good. That's what I'm thinking too. None of this 45 year plan and buying 4th rate players that nobody wants. We make a lot of money and should use it to our advantage. Players like Varane and Bruno will want to compete sometime before they're retiring otherwise they would not have signed the contracts.
Yes, I think it's about having an actual plan of execution, identifying the correct fits for the system/manager and then doing whatever we can to entice them through the door. I doubt there's a desire for 5 marquee players, but I would expect at least 2 of the desired signings to be the very top of the tree in terms of regard on the market.

OmarUnited4ever

We can still get top players, we've gotten "Champions League" Varane, who could have gone to a team like Chelsea for example, we've signed the biggest football name player in CR7, and we also managed to get Sancho, one of the best under 22 players in Europe.

I know that the club will enter a rebuild phase now, so it might not be an attractive proposition for some players, but we should be able to attract players like Tchouameni, who's is only 22 years old, worst that could happen to him is that stay for 4 years and then leave, he would be in his prime and have a choice, so not much of a risk, compared to someone who is 28/29, who might not have an appetite for a rebuild

Mainoldo

Yes, I think it's about having an actual plan of execution, identifying the correct fits for the system/manager and then doing whatever we can to entice them through the door. I doubt there's a desire for 5 marquee players, but I would expect at least 2 of the desired signings to be the very top of the tree in terms of regard on the market.
Nope if the top tier don’t want to play for reasonable wages just go and get Ruben Neves:)

Seriously though. We have to be aggressive with our plan and with Ralf onboard it looks like the aim of just getting top 4 is nolonger good enough.

We should be looking at the best we can get whilst also being ahead of the curve I.e. getting your Nkunku’s when there isn’t such a need at the top tier clubs like your Liverpool’s but we know within 2 years he will be a top tier calibre player.

Tavern in the town

Worryingly Ornstein says Mitchell hasn't really been discussed by the club
It’s not that worrying given Mitchell isn’t actually that good. I’m not sure how he’s got the reputation he seems to have on the Caf given that outside, of Southampton where he was excellent, he’s been very hit and miss. Monaco aren’t too happy with him at the moment either, if we know what’s good for us we won’t go near him.

MUFC OK

We've got to at least try and sign this kid. He'd be my number 1 transfer target and could improve us immeasurably.

Fully expect him to join Liverpool and become the best midfielder in the world. Think he can be what we thought we were getting in Pogba.

Mainoldo

We've got to at least try and sign this kid. He'd be my number 1 transfer target and could improve us immeasurably.

Fully expect him to join Liverpool and become the best midfielder in the world. Think he can be what we thought we were getting in Pogba.
He’s not a luxury player unlike Pogba. So very different. Imagine if we got him and Rice.

Ince and Keane in the making.

croadyman

He's definitely the one to go for, but Liverpool, Chelsea (and Arsenal) are reportedly very keen, so I expect we'll find ourselves someway down the pecking order.
Yeah that's my fear as well, would take Erik to really sell the project for us to sign him over them

romufc

Obviously Liverpool or Real are better clubs to go to at the moment. However; if Ten Hag can sell a project, you never know.

Any midfielder coming into United will know, they will be given the opportunity to be 1st choice and be built around them. This is not going to happen at Liverpool or Real who have world class midfielders.

Fabinho is still 28 so I doubt he will start many games.

MUFC OK

He’s not a luxury player unlike Pogba. So very different. Imagine if we got him and Rice.

Ince and Keane in the making.
Completely agree, I've watched him 5-10 times in addition to compilations and he looks like the real deal, can do everything.

DarkXaero

Only chance I see us having is if Tchouameni grew up a big fan of us (there's evidence that he at least was a United fan), and he really buys into ETH's project. The playing time stuff is irrelevant I think, I think he would start at most of the clubs he's linked to.

Rolaholic

Really hope we try to go all out for him, even 60m pounds would still present much better value than 90-120m pounds for Rice and he's younger

Mcking

Really hope we try to go all out for him, even 60m pounds would still present much better value than 90-120m pounds for Rice and he's younger
Only thing better than money is more money. Throw >60m and 200k/w if we have to. When a player of this quality is available and fits into the team, you've got to beat off the competition to sign him.

Not sure about the shouts of Dortmund and Leicester's methods. They are not the football clubs we want to be. Man City and Chelsea has been throwing money around for a while now, and I don't see their fans complaining about the amount of trophies they win.

You just have to put a system in place that ensures these players do perform when they join. It's not like 30m Van de Beek has performed any better than 89m Pogba. If a good system is in place, players will perform regardless of their wages.

croadyman

Yeah so do I but see him going elsewhere, not sure even Erik rolling out the red carpet and really selling the project will be enough

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I'd love the Arsenal links to be true but can't see it happening. We'll have our budget destroyed by 1 or 2 new strikers and we'll be nowhere near in terms of wages if Chelsea/United are on his case. From his point of view i think the best choice would be Chelsea. London, wages, CL and won't find it too hard to start for them.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We are losing 4 midfielders this summer. He can be assured of an instant starting slot at United. You can't say the same at clubs like Liverpool or even at Arsenal.
I think we can get him easily if we are willing to push the boat out for him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Obviously Liverpool or Real are better clubs to go to at the moment. However; if Ten Hag can sell a project, you never know.

Any midfielder coming into United will know, they will be given the opportunity to be 1st choice and be built around them. This is not going to happen at Liverpool or Real who have world class midfielders.

Fabinho is still 28 so I doubt he will start many games.
Is he an actual DM or like a box to box? If Liverpool got him they’d play Fabinho as the dm and perhaps him as like a box to box player.

NoPace

Is he an actual DM or like a box to box? If Liverpool got him they’d play Fabinho as the dm and perhaps him as like a box to box player.
He seems to sit as the deepest for them. I assume if they signed him it would be to backup Fabinho (and being groomed to replace him in 2-3 years as Fabinho will be 29 this coming season) under the idea that Henderson isn't up to it, and he'd play as a backup 6 and as the 8s in some tougher games maybe.

romufc

I will be honest and say, I havent watched much of him to know what his best position is, from what I have seen and read, he is a DM.

Do Liverpool need another ball winner? they win the ball back without 2 DM's anyway.

But lets be honest, if Liverpool are in for him, we wont get him.

pascell

I will be honest and say, I havent watched much of him to know what his best position is, from what I have seen and read, he is a DM.

Do Liverpool need another ball winner? they win the ball back without 2 DM's anyway.

But lets be honest, if Liverpool are in for him, we wont get him.
He's more of a B2B but can play as a DM. They'll probably sell Keita then sign Tchouameni, would be an upgrade and Keita will fetch £20-30m.

Trex

Very weird fans think a club that pulled Sancho, Varane and Cr7 wouldn't be able to attract Tchouameni, when was the last time we actually lost out to an English rival on any player.

DJ_21

Very weird fans think a club that pulled Sancho, Varane and Cr7 wouldn't be able to attract Tchouameni, when was the last time we actually lost out to an English rival on any player.
Baring in mind that was when we was playing CL football… Ronaldo probably wouldn’t of come back to us without it. We’re on a rebuild at the moment so depends if the player thinks the project will suit them and there willing to wait for trophies. Or they could join a team who’s competing for trophies straight away

Trex

Baring in mind that was when we was playing CL football… Ronaldo probably wouldn’t of come back to us without it. We’re on a rebuild at the moment so depends if the player thinks the project will suit them and there willing to wait for trophies. Or they could join a team who’s competing for trophies straight away
We offer guaranteed playing time in a world cup year, plus better wages (which isn't bad considering our revenue, contrary to common opinion), prestige and fame, we're about starting a new project with a manager known for proactive football.
Good time to be joining us.

Mwooyo

To be honest, we should only go for tchouameni if and only if, ten hag approves and only if he really wants to come. This stuff of throwing tones of money at a player inorder to convince him to sign is why we are in this position where we have so many players who do not care whether you are in the champions league or not. They only care about how they look. See lingard moaning using his brothers account. Look at rashford considering his options. What about martial having his own press conference on twitter after the main one from the manager. I could go on for days with many examples of players who just care about their image

We should not have to give huge wages to a player to come here, they should want to be a part of the rebuild. There is no player who we cant get an alternative to. We actually have many options for cdm, pick the best option that actually who want to come here. That means we need to scout better, but I think thats much better than competing for an obvious option that has said he wants to play for madrid or chelsea etc.

As good as tchouameni is, we should leave him if its about throwing tones of cash at him. If he wants to go to madrid or psg or Liverpool...we should wish him good luck and god speed as we have so many of those. We actually mistreat the players who are respectful and thankful to the club.e.g mata, matic, bailly etc. They never say anything and put effort in when given a chance.

That said, if tchouameni wants in, we should splash the cash to bring him. He is a top tier talent and much better than declan rice

Last edited:

DarkXaero

I think CL football is the key difference there. With CL, it wouldn't be much of a problem.

DJ_21

We offer guaranteed playing time in a world cup year, plus better wages (which isn't bad considering our revenue, contrary to common opinion), prestige and fame, we're about starting a new project with a manager known for proactive football.
Good time to be joining us.
I bet VDB thinks differently… he wasn’t given a fair shot at game time. We’re starting a new project with a top manager who will play good football but it depends how long it takes him to get us competing. Hopefully he can hit the ground running straight away. A lot of players though will be worried about joining us at the moment until things start to improve.

Trex

I bet VDB thinks differently… he wasn’t given a fair shot at game time. We’re starting a new project with a top manager who will play good football but it depends how long it takes him to get us competing. Hopefully he can hit the ground running straight away. A lot of players though will be worried about joining us at the moment until things start to improve.
We have been here many times post SAF, never stopped players from coming, thank God you lot aren't involved in our recruitment we'll be targeting championship players.

DarkXaero

We signed Pogba, Di maria, Maguire (yes! City were in for him) without UCl, so?
Who was competing with us for the signing of Pogba, Di Maria, and even Maguire? (I don't remember any strong links from City for Maguire)

DJ_21

We have been here many times post SAF, never stopped players from coming, thank God you lot aren't involved in our recruitment we'll be targeting championship players.
Ye because if we was involved in recruitment we wouldn’t be making players join by offering them halve a million a week wages. You join us if you want to play for the badge and not money. The only way we’re signing a player who has more then one team interested in them is if we offer them more money to compensate not being in CL.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
You signed those 3 off the back of finishing 2nd in the league though. The talk was of you mounting a title challenge in the summer.

Very different situation now for any player joining.

gajender

You signed those 3 off the back of finishing 2nd in the league though. The talk was of you mounting a title challenge in the summer.

Very different situation now for any player joining.
Agreed it's pretty different situation but I believe United would be fine and probably get most of their first choice targets despite lack of CL .

Status
Not open for further replies.