Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is this guy a natural DM? He looks good at tackling, good at passing. Definitely an upgrade on Fred and matic.

Drizzle

gonna be sick to my stomach if those Chelsea rumors come to fruition, kid is going to be some player...
That video doesn't include several times he gave the ball away. But overall I was pretty impressed. He has quick feet and quick thinking so he'd be more press-resistant than anyone we have currently.

Kostov

gonna be sick to my stomach if those Chelsea rumors come to fruition, kid is going to be some player...
I like the look of this kid. Cool as a cucumber, the defensive work comes naturally by the way he wins the ball, but also seems like very neat on the ball.

dabeast

I like the look of this kid. Cool as a cucumber, the defensive work comes naturally by the way he wins the ball, but also seems like very neat on the ball.
Hie is exactly what we need.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
I guess we can pull a Martial-ish transfer with Monaco out of CL

Bondi77

We all agree that United is run like a business right? We have lost over £100+ million in the past 15 months or is this fake news unless you are seeing a report from the financial department?

Otherwise, why is there is a disconnect on this? Any business will need to be financially prudent in such circumstances. If it was me running the business, I am not even sure I would spend the amounts that we have already. I would have chopped off the deadwood first before evening thinking of spending over £110+million so far.
True,
I just think that if Ole really does identify that we need to bring in a new DM because we need one to make a challenge this year then the club would back him regardless of outgoings.
Last time I checked we are linked to five CM/DMs so far through various outlets and there will probably be more after the weekend which tells me no one knows anything as we have not moved on anyone.
I am happy to be proven wrong but I need something a little more substantial to wet my appetite.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
True,
I just think that if Ole really does identify that we need to bring in a new DM because we need one to make a challenge this year then the club would back him regardless of outgoings.
Last time I checked we are linked to five CM/DMs so far through various outlets and there will probably be more after the weekend which tells me no one knows anything as we have not moved on anyone.
I am happy to be proven wrong but I need something a little more substantial to wet my appetite.
They didn't back him to get Sancho last summer regardless of the cost/price either and he wanted a RW last summer.

DevTheRed

From that video alone he looks very good. Big, strong, couple of great long passes, good eye for line breaking passes and not afraid to get on the ball.

Must admit I’ll be fuming if we don’t buy a DM/CM in this window, there’s so much to choose from for around £30m-£40m. Would be a massive missed opportunity to improve the first XI and more importantly for the owners to try get the fans back on their side.

AussieDevil

I honestly could see them selling for 25 million plus 5-7 million in bonuses.

It’s frustrating because we could make it happen if we wanted to, but the ambition to go that extra step isnt there

Infra-red

Is this guy a natural DM? He looks good at tackling, good at passing. Definitely an upgrade on Fred and matic.
Yes.

In terms of winning back possession, he's also up there with Kante and Ndidi. Strong in the air, too. He has all the tools to be one of the best DMs in Europe.

pascell

Yes.

In terms of winning back possession, he's also up there with Kante and Ndidi. Strong in the air, too. He has all the tools to be one of the best DMs in Europe.
I love how he's not afraid to pass between the lines too and will recycle possession well, his first thought would be to pass it back to the CB, rather pass it forward, that's what we lack massively in midfield.

sglowrider

Dortmund wanted 100 million plus Fecking crazy money :lol:. Look what he went for 1 year later.
I agree about the price and I don't blame United. But I was referring to Bondi's 'backing ole regardless'. United has to be run rationally and prudently... and not like some endless oil supply/bank reserves. (I think finally we have the structure that is both knowledgeable both on the business/financial and the footballing side.)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When I see a report from our financial department that verifies this I will believe it but until then I think it is pure bull that is media driven that keeps us in the news.
If we wanted one of these young talents and they wanted to come we would have them by the end of the window and that would not be dependent on any outgoings in my humble opinion.
I don’t think you need to see a financial report to know that our limit tends to be around the £100-130m gross range for transfers in. Every season post SAF that we’ve ‘backed the manager’ — the final spend has been around that mark.

sglowrider

I don’t think you need to see a financial report to know that our limit tends to be around the £100-130m gross range for transfers in. Every season post SAF that we’ve ‘backed the manager’ — the final spend has been around that mark.
Not sure you can ascertain from any financial report the 'transfer budget'. it would be foolish to publish any such figure to start with.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Who is the better passer of the two?
The better passer might well be Tchouameni with a greater scope for improvement due to him being 21 and he played a few fantastic long passes in the game yesterday. But in the current Monaco team, Tchouameni is partnered with Fofana in midfield who is also more of a combative type, so Kovac has placed more responsibility on Tchouameni to initiate attacks and to get forward in a box to box role to support the forwards. But if we were to sign him then I would expect us to place more responsibility on his midfield partner to provide the craft and guile from deeper areas in the shape of young hopeful Hannibal Mejbri potentially or even a external option brought into the fold, with Tchouameni providing the defensive balance/platform for the team from midfield along with Maguire and Varane.

Last edited:

MUFC OK

He's the real deal. Unfortunately with Utd a good prospective signing has to smack us in the face before we even consider them.

He would be absolutely perfect for our midfield. Atheletic holding midfielder with an excellent passing range. I honestly see him at Chelsaea.

Bestietom

Yes.

Seems he is exactly what we need then ?. I can't comment as I never seen him play. I like Camavinga.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The better passer might well be Tchouameni with a greater scope for improvement due to him being 21 and he played a few fantastic long passes in the game yesterday. But in the current Monaco team, Tchouameni is partnered with Fofana in midfield who is also more of a combative type, so Kovac has placed more responsibility on Tchouameni to initiate attacks and to get forward in a box to box role to support the forwards. But if we were to sign him then I would expect us to place more responsibility on his midfield partner to provide the craft and guile from deeper areas in the shape of young hopeful Hannibal Mejbri potentially or even a external option brought into the fold, with Tchouameni providing the defensive balance/platform for the team from midfield along with Maguire and Varane.
If we sign him he'll mostly be partnered by Fred and Mctominay

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
How many midfielder threads without even a Daily Star article :lol:

Mentality Monsters

It goes something like this..

Leicester sell Ndidi for a huge fee. They replace him with Tchouameni for £30 million. 12 months later we sign him from Leicester for £70 million.

Adcuth

Why don't we ever take the initiative with players like this. Looks like he could be available cheap considering how good she could be. No chance we even make a bid though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's a very real possibility mate. But hopefully it'll be the start to a revamp of the midfield.
I think it would have been higher on Ole's list of priorities if really wanted us to be a more possesion based team. Like an afterthought here we are, with no reliable links with 5 days to go. As of now, I'll happily take one additional but we need to get that one spot on. Like you I'd prefer someone who can run the game and is a gifted passer.

Bondi77

They didn't back him to get Sancho last summer regardless of the cost/price either and he wanted a RW last summer.
That was because Dortmund were trying to absolutely fleece us and I think we can see now with Sancho he is not going to run defences ragged like he did in Germany so the club were right to do so and Ole would understand that.
I think we are talking 30+ for one of these targets and they are young so it is not that risky an investment if they are as good as what is being made out to be.

redrobed

This guys is fantastic and would immediately improve our first 11. Great at through balls, very creative, loads of flair and would only improve by learning from the likes of Pogba and Bruno. Could still be our number 10, 15 years from now.

vva

There's no reliable news for his transfer related with united. Now, it's Camawinga, Saul, or No more. Even Mctominay is getting injured, Ole
might be still ok with Fred and Matic. :smirk:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Who is the better passer of the two?
Bissouma is safer if you're looking for a low risk option. He tends to win it, get it and pass it. In our set up,if that's a Pogba,Bruno, Sancho etc that's pretty good. Tchou is more likely to look to attack IMO but has the same attributes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He has been deployed in various roles by Kovac at Monaco in midfield. He's a DM who is playing next to a combative type so is given freedom to get forward by Kovac. But don't confuse that as him just running forward on his accord to join up with the attack. If Kovac wants him to play box to box he can do that and he can also play a sitting role next to Fofana or as we saw for around 30 minutes against PSG in the cup final last season he was used in a single pivot where he was extremely disciplined positionally.

Yesterday highlights.

Bestietom

He has been deployed in various roles by Kovac at Monaco in midfield. He's a DM who is playing next to a combative type so is given freedom to get forward by Kovac. But don't confuse that as him just running forward on his accord to join up with the attack. If Kovac wants him to play box to box he can do that and he can also play a sitting role next to Fofana or as we saw for around 30 minutes against PSG in the cup final last season he was used in a single pivot where he was extremely disciplined positionally.

Yesterday highlights.

That's very good, and he is only 21 yeah.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's very good, and he is only 21 yeah.
Yep, only 21 and displays a very impressive maturity for a young player in a role that requires alot of discipline and concentration.

At a big club next to a midfielder who has a more expansive passing game, Tchouameni will likely be used in more of a sitting role, especially against the better teams IMO.

MadMike

From Reddit...

FYI, Kante and N'Didi did not complete 25 90-minute games as total (2,250 mins) and are not on the list.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Him and Jules Kounde are apparently best mates, so who knows :D

I think the timing is off for us. We need a Kante replacement in the next 18-24 months probably but both Kante and Jorginho are at their absolute peak right now. That probably means we'll wait for Rice to run down his contract or something. Tchouameni isn't an option for us right now I don't think. Cracking signing for whoever gets him.

Status
Not open for further replies.