Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

snk123

Any midfielder would do at this stage. Even if we can't pronounce his name.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fred got destroyed several times by either Trincao or Traore. I don't believe they would've got much change out of Tchouameni who I believe is probably the strongest DM linked to us.

reddevilz007

If we can sell Lingard asap, and with James’ sale, we should get a DM, and Tchouameni would complete a nice transfer window,

Crimson King

Have there actually been any credible links to this guy? It seems more like a few people in this forum really like him so are just willing it to happen...

Compared to all the journalists linking us to Camavinga, Rice and Neves, the stories attaching us to this guy seem very thin.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Have there actually been any credible links to this guy? It seems more like a few people in this forum really like him so are just willing it to happen...

Compared to all the journalists linking us to Camavinga, Rice and Neves, the stories attaching us to this guy seem very thin.
Can’t say I’ve seen anything linking us to Neves, and the Rice links are very weak - we’re fluttering eyelids at him rather than seriously making an offer.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It's not gonna happen now anyway. Too late. Those guys are deep in training with the national team now.

mav_9me

There have been 0 credible links to any midfielder. The most has been some throw away comment including us in competition with Chelsea to get Saul. So yeah 0.

croadyman

Think if he has a good season them we might go in for him next summer maybe even January

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Pivoting from the Camavinga thread.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Frustrating than we can make signings like Amad and Pellestri but not ones like this.

croadyman

Frustrating than we can make signings like Amad and Pellestri but not ones like this.
Yeah seems to be an area where the club have had a bit of a blind spot for many years, maybe it comes from the bad experience of summer 2015 when the Schmidfield didn't work out well at all and only Matic has been brought in since then

BluesJr

Yeah seems to be an area where the club have had a bit of a blind spot for many years, maybe it comes from the bad experience of summer 2015 when the Schmidfield didn't work out well at all and only Matic has been brought in since then
It’s so poor though. So many players have passed us by in CM. We’ll sign someone in Jan/next summer and it’ll be another 4 or 5 years before we sign someone else. We are the only club in football that doesn’t prioritise midfield, going back to the SAF days.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The only time we've made signings like Amad and Pellestri in recent years was Amad and Pellestri. We at least tried for both Camavinga and Bellingham the year before but both said no, recruitment isn't the issue here, we're going for the right targets. I'm glad that we're not blowing are load on mediocre players like Neves. At some point in the next windows I'm confident we'll get it right, we've slowly been fixing priorities. It was always a massive ask to get everything fixed this window but we've done a fantastic job in getting 3/4 of the way there. Feel some of our fans are getting a bit spoiled from just how much progress we made this window. We'll be there soon.

BluesJr

The only time we've made signings like Amad and Pellestri in recent years was Amad and Pellestri. We at least tried for both Camavinga and Bellingham the year before but both said no, recruitment isn't the issue here, we're going for the right targets. I'm glad that we're not blowing are load on mediocre players like Neves.
Midfield is the most important area of the pitch there is no excuse for having it in the state it’s in. The only player I’d keep is McTominay. Pogba isn’t a true CM so he’s not in my thoughts.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Matic Pogba Fred VDB and McT promoted and hannibal for the youth. Every single midfielder we have on the books has been brought in since then :lol:

Devil may care

The only time we've made signings like Amad and Pellestri in recent years was Amad and Pellestri. We at least tried for both Camavinga and Bellingham the year before but both said no, recruitment isn't the issue here, we're going for the right targets. I'm glad that we're not blowing are load on mediocre players like Neves. At some point in the next windows I'm confident we'll get it right, we've slowly been fixing priorities. It was always a massive ask to get everything fixed this window but we've done a fantastic job in getting 3/4 of the way there. Feel some of our fans are getting a bit spoiled from just how much progress we made this window. We'll be there soon.
We've got Ronaldo for 2 seasons and we are wasting one of those by having such a crap midfield, we'll comfortably get top 4 but nothing more than that, it's not spoilt to want the team to compete for the PL, as far as waiting goes, it seems that's down to a Rice hard on and he's not even that good.

Cman

God I was really hoping to see a good link when I opened up this thread

Eddy_JukeZ

Would be my preferred midfield signing.

A loan with an option to buy if we can't find the funds would be great.

One can hope.

dabeast

Fabregas rates Tchouameni and he is PERFECT for us. See below how he handled PSG.

For France, playing with Pogba yesterday for the second half vs. Bosnia. He is clearly the best DM for us. We should have bought him already.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

For France, playing with Pogba yesterday for the second half vs. Bosnia. He is clearly the best DM for us. We should have bought him already.
Was it a midfield 2? Bosnia is not a very strong team but interesting to see nevertheless

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seen very little of him but he looks really complete and mature for his age. If he's as good as suggested, I really hope we don't miss out. Passing doesn't look limited either.

dabeast

Was it a midfield 2? Bosnia is not a very strong team but interesting to see nevertheless
Looked like a midfield 3 with Veretout at 6, Tchouameni and Pogba as 8s (Pogba a little more advanced)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

So strong and mobile, with good passing, too. Such a shame, his name is not Rice.

dabeast

Looked like a midfield 3 with Veretout at 6, Tchouameni and Pogba as 8s (Pogba a little more advanced)
Started like that but then became a midfield 2 when Kounde at RB was red carded and Veretout was subbed off. Tchouameni was fantastic with Pogba.

amolbhatia50k

So strong and mobile, with good passing, too. Such a shame, his name is not Rice.
Really hope we look for deals like this instead of overpaying for Rice. But I'm not surprised that Chelsea were the ones linked with him.

Idxomer

Definitely worth keeping an eye on, was very impressed with him yesterday.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I've been following him a bit, watched him again last night, very energetic, full of running, Good passer(long or short) and press resistant too which is what is needed to be a top DM, the kid is improving everytime I've watched him, we should get him in this January before our rivals pick up interest.

Bondi77

I've been following him a bit, watched him again last night, very energetic, full of running, Good passer(long or short) and press resistant too which is what is needed to be a top DM, the kid is improving everytime I've watched him, we should get him in this January before our rivals pick up interest.
So why are you posting it here?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
So why are you posting it here?
What on earth are you on about? Don't i have rights to post on here?

The boy has a better ceiling compared to Fred, isn't that what we all want to sign a player better than Fred?

amolbhatia50k

What on earth are you on about? Don't i have rights to post on here?

The boy has a better ceiling compared to Fred, isn't that what we all want to sign a player better than Fred?
Yup. He looks a quality young CM. I'd argue that we also need a proper playmaker from midfield but this as one out of two additions in the midfield sounds great.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Really hope we look for deals like this instead of overpaying for Rice. But I'm not surprised that Chelsea were the ones linked with him.
it's no surprise that Ole doesn't really trust United scout system to come up with "hidden gem". So far, other than the most obvious players to get, their recommendations are not that successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.