Film Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
It was mentioned by Jude Law when he spoke with the Skrull that was pretending to be Captain Marvel. It was how he figured out it wasn't her. Think he might have mentioned it in a convo with Vers earlier too.
Ah yeah...you are right.

But still the original question stands....

Marvel's powers are from Tesseract and Thanos has the Space Stone itself. Would be interesting to watch what happens.

Sylar

Marvel's powers are from Tesseract and Thanos has the Space Stone itself. Would be interesting to watch what happens.
Yep
Thats why I wouldnt be surprised if its not all clear cut on her appearing and thats the end of Thanos. I think there are a few twists to come.

kps88

Yep
Thats why I wouldnt be surprised if its not all clear cut on her appearing and thats the end of Thanos. I think there are a few twists to come.
Captain Marvel spoilers -

Yeah it obviously can't be as simple as that because, going by the post credits scene, it feels like she appears in End Game pretty early on.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Plot Twist : Avengers are the bad guys in this one as the rest of the planet suddenly realises they like having no traffic, more space, and no global warming to worry about. Humanity realised its mistakes, adopts better wealth distribution models and war becomes a thing of the past. The whole movie is about the Avengers getting upset at online comments.

gaz1185

Well that was what I needed after Captain Marvel last night. Just :drool::drool:

Seems like the Quantum suits are official and we can finally lay to rest he whole Tony dying in space theories!

GBBQ

Well that was what I needed after Captain Marvel last night. Just :drool::drool:

Seems like the Quantum suits are official and we can finally lay to rest he whole Tony dying in space theories!
but is it Tony from another reality

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Plot Twist : Avengers are the bad guys in this one as the rest of the planet suddenly realises they like having no traffic, more space, and no global warming to worry about. Humanity realised its mistakes, adopts better wealth distribution models and war becomes a thing of the past. The whole movie is about the Avengers getting upset at online comments.
:lol:

Oldyella

Could be a fake out like seeing Hulk in wakanda for last movie.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Nice trailer.

Given how average everyone seems to say Captain Marvel is, is it really worth the trip to the cinema in advance of this or can i skip it for when it's available by 'other means'?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Nice trailer.

Given how average everyone seems to say Captain Marvel is, is it really worth the trip to the cinema in advance of this or can i skip it for when it's available by 'other means'?
Not a cinema movie. It’s a lazy Sunday arvo movie. Bang average perfunctory intro to her with no real standout sections.

Edit : With that said, it will be worse at home. All movies are better on screen.

GBBQ

Both valid points, they could be playing both hands has Nebula & Clint were also missing form that scene in the first trailer too.
I mean I doubt it, I think it would be a weak way for him to go out so we will see!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nice trailer.

Can definately skip. It's very average. You can get away with literally just knowing she's a superhero. Feck knows the extent of her powers or what she can or can't do. The film was generally shit at explaining any sort of important feature about her.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Nice trailer.

It’s alright, on par with Dr Strange or Captain America 1. Average Marvel film really.

GBBQ

Nice trailer.

It was fine to watch in the cinema but I doubt you'd have trouble joining the dots on any character in the MCU if you hadn't seen them before.

Sylar

Fantastic trailer. Gets me hyped up (more than I was) without really spoiling anything. Booking this as soon as its available for first night.
Also to have a trailer without showing Thanos once is quite something.

Nice trailer.

Depends how big of a marvel fan you are. If you are, then obviously watch it.
If you arent bothered, then im sure they will reintro her when she meets up with the rest of the team.
As others have said, its a middling movie in terms of its an origin story on par with other origin movies, but its still fun.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm excited for it but I mean aren't all the trailers the exact same for years now?

Music builds, builds, builds, synced to impact, title card, joke. Seen it at least a dozen times.

Andersons Dietician

I need it now... because seriously if I die before this comes and I’ve had a chance to see it I’ll be royally pissed off, a black cat walked in front of me yesterday so I might just lock myself up for a month and a bit.

Hephaestus

Does the trailer have any spoilers for Captain Marvel? Seeing it next week so trying to avoid everything until then.

Sylar

I'm excited for it but I mean aren't all the trailers the exact same for years now?

Music builds, builds, builds, synced to impact, title card, joke. Seen it at least a dozen times.
Well, it could be argued most of the movies are the same too. Why change something that works?

I need it now... because seriously if I die before this comes and I’ve had a chance to see it I’ll be royally pissed off, a black cat walked in front of me yesterday so I might just lock myself up for a month and a bit.
Said it elsewhere, but imagine dying before the end of this and end of Game of thrones.

decorativeed

Nice trailer.

Are there any of these films you don't like? If not, there's no point skipping this one due to manipulated review scores. It's no worse than any of the recent ones bar Infinity War. Certainly better than Doctor Strange and Black Panther.

Last edited:

Cloud7

My favourite thing about the trailers for endgame have been that they give away nothing about the movie at all. Just the most innocuous scenes of the characters talking. Just what I want, for everything to be a surprise in the movie :drool:

Hyped doesn’t even come close to describing how excited I am for this.

kps88

My favourite thing about the trailers for endgame have been that they give away nothing about the movie at all. Just the most innocuous scenes of the characters talking. Just what I want, for everything to be a surprise in the movie :drool:

Hyped doesn’t even come close to describing how excited I am for this.
Yup. They've done a good job, though to be fair it's probably very easy to market one of the most anticipated movies of all time. Complete contrast to the latest X Men trailer, that literally had to spoil a character's death just to get some attention.

Drifter

American
Would be totally pissed off if they do not do something with the Hulk in this one. Hope that it is him who gets the last word on Thanos. But the way they have nerfed his true power over the years,not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Andy_Cole

Would be totally pissed off if they do not do something with the Hulk in this one. Hope that it is him who gets the last word on Thanos. But the way they have nerfed his true power over the years,not holding my breath.
They’ve turned Hulk into a bit of a pet. I’d like to see him step up too.

Cloud7

They’ve turned Hulk into a bit of a pet. I’d like to see him step up too.
That’s literally how it went in the source material though. Thanos turned hulk into his pet :lol:

I’m hoping we see more of him being his true self in the next movie as well, but things went as they should have in the first one. Thanos is the only being that Hulk is really afraid of.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I had the same thing today. Black cat crossed my path and I'm locking myself in my house until Endgame comes out. But then the same black cat crossed my path AGAIN, and again, and again.

I mean, it is MY black cat, but still.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Cpt Marvel will destroy Thanos. Probably.
Seems too clear cut if that happens. I'm hoping that if she is the bullet that kills him then it's after a previous scene where she gets her ass handed to her by him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yup. They've done a good job, though to be fair it's probably very easy to market one of the most anticipated movies of all time. Complete contrast to the latest X Men trailer, that literally had to spoil a character's death just to get some attention.
Don't Marvel do their own trailers in-house? A lot of production companies out source their trailers and just hand over the raw film to whoever they've hired, which sometimes results in said trailer being filled with spoilers because apparently contracted trailer producers are Muppets.