Axel Disasi

Abraxas

Never seen this fella kick a ball. A bit of a come down from a league winning defender with beastly analytics.

Still, that's only on paper and it also means we probably shouldn't be too hasty to judge him unless you have seen enough data.

Chairman Steve

This is the Maguire replacement if we somehow get Maguire sold this summer. Probably need the new owner to pay off the contract if Glazers hurry the feck up and sell.

SparkedIntoLife

I don't really get this one, unless he's really cheap. Most of the Ligue 1 regular watchers I've seen seem to think this guy is really average. Maybe someone who sees him a lot can offer a contradictory view? Sounds like he'll be a late signing dependent on what we bring in from selling players (i.e. Maguire).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't really get this one, unless he's really cheap. Most of the Ligue 1 regular watchers I've seen seem to think this guy is really average. Maybe someone who sees him a lot can offer a contradictory view? Sounds like he'll be a late signing dependent on what we bring in from selling players (i.e. Maguire).
Really average in Ligue 1? Anyone telling you that is lying about being a regular Ligue 1 watcher, he is easily one of the best CBs in Ligue 1 and it was already the case with Reims, he helped Monaco fix their CB massive issues and has been by far their best defender.

Now, he is very much like Glik and isn't a "modern" CB, he is kind of versatile and has been effectively used as a fullback in emergency situations, which is something that I still struggle to accept because he doesn't look like a CB that should be able to defend wide but in Ligue 1 he can. He isn't really a passing CB nor is he particularly agile, for him it's all about his ability to read the situation and use his physicality. Imagine Maguire if he was able to defend when he is isolated.

I personally wouldn't sign him for United because the profile isn't correct but up to this point he isn't really average and hasn't been average in years. As an example he has been far better than Badiashile has ever been.

gajender

Unless Somebody more credible than Romano confirms United's interest in Disasi I am not buying it , he put it out there even earlier as Kim Min-Jae alternative when Interest in Kim Min-Jae was hardly ever concrete So I see it more in similar vein .

We might go for Another CB if can sell Maguire or Lindelof leaves but I think it would be more in line of somebody just breaking through who would be comfortable to bide his time a bit and rotate with Varane .

mattunited1978

doommonger
He's absolute shite from the little iv seen, not sure if his top speeds as bad as Harrys, but he certainly turns just as slow as him

But, like i say, havnt seen a great deal of him, maybe i cought his bad days

JPRouve

Scout

Idxomer

He seems like he can pick a pass and has decent ball-carrying abilities but he looks a bit slow defending.

criticalanalysis

He is quick but he isn't agile, he turns relatively slowly which is generally not an issue for Monaco because he anticipates things fairly well. But if he is caught off-guard, you may think that a super tanker landed on the field.
:lol:

Trex

I was told CB isn't a priority by the Caf, which it obviously is.
Only if Maguire goes. Its a depth signing. I think our initial budget covers the first eleven improvement (Mount, Onana, Hojlund).
Other signings will depend on departures (Maguire, Mctominay, Sancho). Possible arrivals like Disasi, Amrabat, Diaby. I don't think all will happen though.

SparkedIntoLife

Really average in Ligue 1? Anyone telling you that is lying about being a regular Ligue 1 watcher, he is easily one of the best CBs in Ligue 1 and it was already the case with Reims, he helped Monaco fix their CB massive issues and has been by far their best defender.

Now, he is very much like Glik and isn't a "modern" CB, he is kind of versatile and has been effectively used as a fullback in emergency situations, which is something that I still struggle to accept because he doesn't look like a CB that should be able to defend wide but in Ligue 1 he can. He isn't really a passing CB nor is he particularly agile, for him it's all about his ability to read the situation and use his physicality. Imagine Maguire if he was able to defend when he is isolated.

I personally wouldn't sign him for United because the profile isn't correct but up to this point he isn't really average and hasn't been average in years. As an example he has been far better than Badiashile has ever been.
I didn't mean that he's average in Ligue 1. I meant average in terms of elite European teams (and said Ligue 1 regular viewers because they will be best placed to judge him, as opposed to those who see him in the occasional game). Thanks for illustrating his qualities though. If he's reasonably affordable (£30m and under), why not, I guess? I suppose many of us will unfairly judge him against the previous rumour of Kim Min-Jae at the £42m release clause. Tbf a centre back of that quality is rarely available at such a low fee and maybe it wouldn't be great him coming in as essentially a rotation option with Varane and Martinez. Maybe Disasi is a better profile for our needs anyway.

JPRouve

Scout
I didn't mean that he's average in Ligue 1. I meant average in terms of elite European teams (and said Ligue 1 regular viewers because they will be best placed to judge him, as opposed to those who see him in the occasional game). Thanks for illustrating his qualities though. If he's reasonably affordable (£30m and under), why not, I guess? I suppose many of us will unfairly judge him against the previous rumour of Kim Min-Jae at the £42m release clause. Tbf a centre back of that quality is rarely available at such a low fee and maybe it wouldn't be great him coming in as essentially a rotation option with Varane and Martinez. Maybe Disasi is a better profile for our needs anyway.
That's why I asked about what those people mean. The reality about Disasi is that he has been one of the best defender in Ligue 1 and played at a very good level for a while, Reims had one of the best defenses in Europe with him leading the defense, he then provided the same qualities to Monaco who were struggling badly defensively.

Now, if the point is that he isn't the right profile for an elite team then I can agree. 10 years ago or for a team coached by SAF, Mourinho or Simeone I would be confident in his ability to slot it in but I don't know if it's the case for younger managers.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Have always felt he's a tier below Min-Jae,however others on here may disagree
It doesn't matter if he is to be fair. Kim Jae is in the top 1 bracket of defender so it isn't a slight to be worse than him. I'd glady take anyone in the 2nd tier of top defender. Axel is at the very least as good as a Gabriel at Arsenal. Even a Stones at just pure defending.

wolvored

We would be better priotising a LB, or one that can play LB/RB. Why do we need another CB even if Maguire goes? We have Verane Martinez as starters, then when Verane is injured we have Shaw and Lindelof. We nee to get our priorities right this season (GK, at least 1CF and another CM) and a CB can wait until next season.

macheda14

We would be better priotising a LB, or one that can play LB/RB. Why do we need another CB even if Maguire goes? We have Verane Martinez as starters, then when Verane is injured we have Shaw and Lindelof. We nee to get our priorities right this season (GK, at least 1CF and another CM) and a CB can wait until next season.
Shaw gets injured quite often as well, he’s also far more valuable as a LB.

Rolaholic

Let them have him, always preferred Todibo from that league.

His lack of acceleration won't help him against some of the top forwards in the league with pace to burn

SAFMUTD

Let them have him, always preferred Todibo from that league.

His lack of acceleration won't help him against some of the top forwards in the league with pace to burn
I agree, slow defenders are always a weak point unless they have extraordinary positioning and anticipation.

I don't know if he has it, but if he doesn't then he'll be a liability specially if we're planning to play with a high line.

cyberman

We keep having weak links to CBs. It really doesn’t look as if we’re after one but they keep coming all the same

daba

We keep having weak links to CBs. It really doesn’t look as if we’re after one but they keep coming all the same
I think there’s genuine interest there, but only if we can offload Maguire which is proving to be a challenge as expected .

IMO we should have taken a hit and offered Napoli a great deal on Maguire as a replacement for Kim. Given how good a deal he was at his release clause price, we could have stomached selling Maguire at let’s say €25m with a €5m pay off to Maguire for wages.

Obviously there’s the important factors of Maguire actually wanting to go to Napoli (which surely he’d have taken) and Kim wanting us over Bayern - which I think could have been possible.

croadyman

I think there’s genuine interest there, but only if we can offload Maguire which is proving to be a challenge as expected .

IMO we should have taken a hit and offered Napoli a great deal on Maguire as a replacement for Kim. Given how good a deal he was at his release clause price, we could have stomached selling Maguire at let’s say €25m with a €5m pay off to Maguire for wages.

Obviously there’s the important factors of Maguire actually wanting to go to Napoli (which surely he’d have taken) and Kim wanting us over Bayern - which I think could have been possible.
Yeah not shifting Maguire cost us Min-Jae

DeeDee7

I think Axel would be well suited to the premier league and perfect for Ten Haag's system.
I just don't think the opportunity marries well for us right now unless he really wants to be here at the club and to battle it out with Varane.

Newcastle possibly offers a very secure starting opportunity, so i am affraid we will have to watch on, he will be a top CB leader.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Don’t think Disasi is a really big miss. Lindelof is good cover for RV, and there’s always going to be players at least as good as Disasi in other windows. You’re a bit short if LM and RV are both out, though.

croadyman

Don’t think Disasi is a really big miss. Lindelof is good cover for RV, and there’s always going to be players at least as good as Disasi in other windows. You’re a bit short if LM and RV are both out, though.
Yeah like we saw for a couple of games at end of last season,certainly wouldn't want to contemplate that happening again

cyberman

I don’t think we’re spending 50m on a 3rd/4th choice CB.

Chairman Steve

I’m guessing this is because Fofana got yet another long term injury? Otherwise what the feck

M Bison

Supports
York City
You’d be mental to sign for Chelsea at the moment, absolute dogs dinner of a squad!

Love how the tweet references him being a Utd target too :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They've had so much CB turnover I can't tell if they are short or loaded there.

Thiago Silva, Disasi, Colwill and badiashlie for the group of 4 CBs, chalobah and Sarr pretty pointless is my guess? Guess it makes sense.