Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
ONE good game last season in the Champions League and i had people on my twitter timeline saying drop everyone we have 'the new Paul McGrath' :lol:

ONE game.

If you followed the academy Tuanzebe didnt look exceptional. He was never going to be a top tier.

Good luck to Axel mind, I still think he'll have a good career...Good lad and pro.
I’ve been more negative of Axel’s United prospects than most - but to say that he didn’t look exceptional at academy level is false to me. He was magnificent. The issue with him is that he’s almost 25 and has not looked exceptional since the academy, but many fans still talk about him as some sort of promising first year rookie.

Lukinho

I’ve been more negative of Axel’s United prospects than most - but to say that he didn’t look exceptional at academy level is false to me. He was magnificent. The issue with him is that he’s almost 25 and has not looked exceptional since the academy, but many fans still talk about him as some sort of promising first year rookie.
Wait he is going to be 25 ??!! :eek:

GueRed

He was good, performed consistently well, he was the leader in his group and by all accounts had a great mentality (still has).

But exceptional to me is better than very good ....Wes Brown for example at youth level was exceptional and looked a dead cert for the first team. Tuanzebe was a few levels below that imo

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Is he starting? Where can I find the line up for games like these?

No luck googling :(

Varun1

Is he starting? Where can I find the line up for games like these?

No luck googling :(
Starting, I can't post links but google "Napoli game". Google will display the score, you can click on that to see the lineup.

Last edited:

marktan

Suddenly I'm a Napoli fan. Forza Maradonna, Mount Vesuvius, Napolitano pizza, and Napoli Dapoli.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Probably just rusty. Not played much football this season.
He often looks rusty when he’s getting done for a goal or laboring to close a shot down. He seems to me like he might only be good if he’s playing every week, in which case he’s not what United or a top club needs.

He’s another who Woodward/OGS could have let go for decent money and instead they clung on to him. In the same period Chelsea have taken in close to 50 million for Guehi and Tomori (on the back of Championship loans).

In United’s position it’s pretty easy to put buy-backs in sale deals so there’s no need to hold on to any youth player over 20 who’s not a certainty. Was it 10-15 million they got offered for Brandon Williams from Leverkusen?

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
On the bench today against Bologna. Guess they had enough of him after one game :lol:

Pavl3n

Not even on the bench against Venezia, who are in relegation battle.
That loan isn't going too good so far.
I doubt he'll get a start against Inter this Saturday. Hopefully he's on the bench at least, which would mean he's coming to grips with football in Italy.

Nickelodeon

His value keeps getting lower and lower. We should try to stick him to one of the new promoted teams next season.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It was always a stupid loan, he couldn’t get anywhere near villas first team so what made us believe he was going to force his way into one of the better teams in Italy. Napoli are second, one point behind inter with the best defensive record in the league.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It was always a stupid loan, he couldn’t get anywhere near villas first team so what made us believe he was going to force his way into one of the better teams in Italy. Napoli are second, one point behind inter with the best defensive record in the league.
It's not "a stupid loan".

Worth a gamble. Like you said he didn't get a look in at Villa, hoping he'd have a good start in Napoli, was worth a try.

The guy is 24, loaning him out to the championship doesn't exactly raise his value.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It's not "a stupid loan".

Worth a gamble. Like you said he didn't get a look in at Villa, hoping he'd have a good start in Napoli, was worth a try.

The guy is 24, loaning him out to the championship doesn't exactly raise his value.
If the options were to leave him at Villa or send him to Napoli then yes I’d agree it was worth the gamble. If there were clubs where he had a greater chance of playing and we chose Napoli then we were stupid. They have a strong defence, playing much better than united and villas this season. Unless one of their other three cbs gets a lengthy injury, it was always going to end this way.

Mickson

He is injured. Difficult to be in the squad then. And they have plenty of injuries, wasn't even close to filling out their bench so.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
If the options were to leave him at Villa or send him to Napoli then yes I’d agree it was worth the gamble. If there were clubs where he had a greater chance of playing and we chose Napoli then we were stupid. They have a strong defence, playing much better than united and villas this season. Unless one of their other three cbs gets a lengthy injury, it was always going to end this way.
He's a bit shit and the number of teams that could raise his value to above 5 million are limited. He definitely had a chance to impress before Koulibaly returned from afcon. It's not like the other CBs are world beaters. He played badly in the first game, then was benched then got injured. Maybe if he had played well, he would start.

I don't think he'd start for the top Eredivisie teams with what I've seen of him. So who do we exactly send him to if we want to raise his value? Taking a gamble and hoping he has a purple patch is the best way to raise his value when he's this shit. Serie A is weak league. Sending him to the bottom of the bundesliga or ligue 1 wouldn't raise his value.

We're very close to having to release him for free to get him off our books (knowing our board, we'll extend and loan him out for the next 4 years). A gamble like this is required.

Marwood

He's a bit shit and the number of teams that could raise his value to above 5 million are limited. He definitely had a chance to impress before Koulibaly returned from afcon. It's not like the other CBs are world beaters. He played badly in the first game, then was benched then got injured. Maybe if he had played well, he would start.

I don't think he'd start for the top Eredivisie teams with what I've seen of him. So who do we exactly send him to if we want to raise his value? Taking a gamble and hoping he has a purple patch is the best way to raise his value when he's this shit. Serie A is weak league. Sending him to the bottom of the bundesliga or ligue 1 wouldn't raise his value.

We're very close to having to release him for free to get him off our books (knowing our board, we'll extend and loan him out for the next 4 years). A gamble like this is required.
Any move to the Championship where he'd have played regularly would have got his value over £5 million.

How much do you think he was worth after his first Championship stint at Villa?

It's crazy to send a guy who's barely played football to a team flying high in the Italian league. He's done nothing to warrant that move and this is the result.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Any move to the Championship where he'd have played regularly would have got his value over £5 million.

How much do you think he was worth after his first Championship stint at Villa?

It's crazy to send a guy who's barely played football to a team flying high in the Italian league. He's done nothing to warrant that move and this is the result.
When they’ve done well at Villa or Forest (in the Championship), or Norwich, without looking like the best player in the team then you’d probably be best just selling them with a buy-back. Tuanzebe for 10-15 would have been a good deal 3 years ago. At that point he‘d never had a good game for United and had not properly pulled up trees for Villa, even if he’d done okay.

Garner and Williams for 15-20+ each is good money to buy better players with. They’re probably worth keeping if they are good enough to be first back ups, but less than that and they just end up going backwards.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
When they’ve done well at Villa or Forest (in the Championship), or Norwich, without looking like the best player in the team then you’d probably be best just selling them with a buy-back. Tuanzebe for 10-15 would have been a good deal 3 years ago. At that point he‘d never had a good game for United and had not properly pulled up trees for Villa, even if he’d done okay.

Garner and Williams for 15-20+ each is good money to buy better players with. They’re probably worth keeping if they are good enough to be first back ups, but less than that and they just end up going backwards.
I’d agree with you on those players perhaps except Garner, only due to the need we have there. Otherwise I agree, this is probably the best time to sell all 3. None of them are likely to be good enough for the world’s top teams. We could probably get £30-£40m for Williams and Garner alone, and realistically speaking, what kind of loss would that be to us?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I’d agree with you on those players perhaps except Garner, only due to the need we have there. Otherwise I agree, this is probably the best time to sell all 3. None of them are likely to be good enough for the world’s top teams. We could probably get £30-£40m for Williams and Garner alone, and realistically speaking, what kind of loss would that be to us?
Garner does look good. Just think his value will be high now, you can put a buy-back in anyway, and he’s going to need to play over the next few years. Do you think he’s ready for decent minutes at United? (genuine question as have not seen lot’s of him).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Garner does look good. Just think his value will be high now, you can put a buy-back in anyway, and he’s going to need to play over the next few years. Do you think he’s ready for decent minutes at United? (genuine question as have not seen lot’s of him).
I know that we might be in a position where we need to find out, due to departures. Ordinarily, I’d have no qualms with him being sold.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Fantastic news. He has no business at United right now, if he turns out all right eventually. He's too inexperienced (at 25! FFS).

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Let Potter make a player out of him. We can be extra canny and put a buy back clause in.

Status
Not open for further replies.