Axel Tuanzebe

khoazany

Interesting to see him on the bench for the U21s on Monday.

With Fosu-Mensah possibly featuring at some point this month we might promote either him or Borthwick-Jackson to the U21s?The trio him,CBJ and Williams have been ever-presented for the U18s this season, so much that I don't think we will bench any of them for Fosu-Mensah.They all can play in midfield but I don't think we will bench Thompson or Redmond either since they're both second years and need to play.

Being U18s captain when still a first-year scholar is impressive indeed.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I love his name. He'll be a star.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Kershaw wouldn't shut up about him on Saturday. Kept going on about his outstanding grades and leadership ability. Clearly, very highly rated within the club.

jb8521

With Fosu-Mensah possibly featuring at some point this month we might promote either him or Borthwick-Jackson to the U21s?The trio him,CBJ and Williams have been ever-presented for the U18s this season, so much that I don't think we will bench any of them for Fosu-Mensah.They all can play in midfield but I don't think we will bench Thompson or Redmond either since they're both second years and need to play.

If it was between the two for a centre half position I'd prefer to see Tuanzebe promoted because I think he's a better defender than CBJ. CBJ is a bit more flexible though and has played in almost every position and is probably a bit better on the ball. Wouldnt be surprised to see Fosu Mensah play some games with the reserves though

FromTheBench

There's Mcconnell and Grimshaw there somewhere in between as well tbf.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Five months ago these lads were playing U/16 football.

Most will need to make 'natural development' so elevating everyone in 18's because they are playing well might not always be the best thing to do.

Some are special and need advancing and that is fair enough so if Axel is regarded as 'special' then he will get a chance regardless of who is above him.

Everyone needs game time and loaning everyone out 'en masse' isn't the answer.

Be interesting to see how this pans out.

khoazany

Five months ago these lads were playing U/16 football.

Most will need to make 'natural development' so elevating everyone in 18's because they are playing well might not always be the best thing to do.

Some are special and need advancing and that is fair enough so if Axel is regarded as 'special' then he will get a chance regardless of who is above him.

Everyone needs game time and loaning everyone out 'en masse' isn't the answer.

Be interesting to see how this pans out.
Not to mention the lack of games at the level which is supposed to be the bottleneck - U21s.First teamers in need of match fitness, last year's U21s crop most of whom were/are doing well, the newly promoted U21s lads plus those "too good" for U18s level - all that but we can only play 11 players on the field at the same time - in a competition that has only 1 match on October.

Last edited:

mattsville

He was outstanding against hull, everything he did was class, hull didn't offer much and test us so want to see him against better opposition and in higher pressure situations, but I was genuinely delighted by him, he has grown so quickly and everything he did seemed so natural and effortless.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
With a name like that, he's bound to succeed.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ready for what?
Read a post somewhere saying he alongside Mensah was ready for first team football next year, and he is ready for U21 football right now. Just saying based on that video, still looks pretty raw to me.

jb8521

Read a post somewhere saying he alongside Mensah was ready for first team football next year, and he is ready for U21 football right now. Just saying based on that video, still looks pretty raw to me.
He only turned 17 and hasnt even played for the under 21s yet

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That was me, I didn't say next year for Axel though I said I wouldn't be surprised if TFM was fast tracked next season and got 15 apperances here and there and that he was part of a trio I think will see first team action in the next 3 years (TFM CBJ and Taunzebe)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That was me, I didn't say next year for Axel though I said I wouldn't be surprised if TFM was fast tracked next season and got 15 apperances here and there and that he was part of a trio I think will see first team action in the next 3 years (TFM CBJ and Taunzebe)
TFM definitely looks a serious prospect. I will have to see more of the other two.

khoazany

Axel needs to be tested at a higher level he can outpace most of the attackers at this level.Most of the time his "bringing ball out of the back" is simply run past the attacker that was supposed to press him because he's that fast.

Watch this game for example (number 4):

khoazany

A very matured performance for the U21s this Monday.Even has some dangerous moments going forward.

Sid234

Was half expecting to read that he got called up to the 1st team to cover for the injuries at the back

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Never seen him play, looks like an absolute beast though. Great name too. Desperate to see him make it :lol:

m1y2

If it's Smalling-McNair as CBs and Blind as leftback while Jones being on the edge to be fit for some game time, one young CB would get a chance to be on the bench. Tuanzebe so far is the best shout but isn't he rightfooted?

khoazany

If it's Smalling-McNair as CBs and Blind as leftback while Jones being on the edge to be fit for some game time, one young CB would get a chance to be on the bench. Tuanzebe so far is the best shout but isn't he rightfooted?
No chance.LVG said he won't put Wilson and Lingard on the squad because they played 90 min on Monday and Tuanzebe did exactly the same.If there's anyone it would be Fosu-Mensah (played 70 min) or Williams.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I think Monday was the first time I watched him and I was surprised at how big he is. He looks like a man-mountain already.

Sid234

No chance.LVG said he won't put Wilson and Lingard on the squad because they played 90 min on Monday and Tuanzebe did exactly the same.If there's anyone it would be Fosu-Mensah (played 70 min) or Williams.
Did Goss play that game? One of the tabloids was claiming that Goss and Varela might be given a chance. Though, I think they are guessing Varela based on our defensive injuries at LB