Axel Tuanzebe

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mourinho: "Sometimes you watch 90 mins, but just watching Axel Tuanzebe for 10 minutes is enough. He is that good. His potential is crazy."

Words are wind, and whatnot, but that sure is high praise from Mourinho. Inclined to agree too, he looked good.

AndyJ1985

That's some praise to get from a manager like Mourinho. Very encouraging to hear that.

khoazany

Mourinho: "Sometimes you watch 90 mins, but just watching Axel Tuanzebe for 10 minutes is enough. He is that good. His potential is crazy."

Words are wind, and whatnot, but that sure is high praise from Mourinho. Inclined to agree too, he looked good.
A bit surprise by that comment (sounds a bit like a muppet like me than a seasoned manager :rolleyes:).Seems he knows that Axel is a grounded lad that so no need to reserve the praise.

Can't wait for RoShaun to be fit for Mourinho to have opinion about him.

Dazzmondo

Thought he looked very good in that 10 minutes too. Fantastic to see him getting acknowledgement from Mourinho. I expect we'll see him get a lot more minutes in the next game.

Classical Mechanic

A bit surprise by that comment (sounds a bit like a muppet like me than a seasoned manager :rolleyes:).Seems he knows that Axel is a grounded lad that so no need to reserve the praise.

Can't wait for RoShaun to be fit for Mourinho to have opinion about him.
We have to remember Mourinho salvating over Katuka, Santon and McEcheran for a bit of grounding.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Not quite what he said, I watched it. He said summat more like "10 mins was enough. Everyone can see how much potential he has"

Not sure where the rest came from.

Devil may care

I'll have to watch the replay as I missed the last 20 minutes when I fell asleep, but good to hear Jose praising him.

Ephrem

Out of Axel, TFM, RSW and Poole who do people think has the most potential?
Williams is the best but Tuanzbe is just a point behind. This two guys are just amazing and if somebody can properly mould them they will be absolute beast of CB . Mensah will end up as a box to box CM i think and I havent watched poole much to comment .

togg

Real skill on the ball, which is something so important in his position. He got injured last season and so his progress got halted, but real potential there and someone to hang on to.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Williams is the best but Tuanzbe is just a point behind. This two guys are just amazing and if somebody can properly mould them they will be absolute beast of CB . Mensah will end up as a box to box CM i think and I havent watched poole much to comment .
TFM for me. Not sure what his position will end up being though.

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
TFM for me. Not sure what his position will end up being though.
I'm not sure TFM has the technique to play CM.

I think CB will be his best position.

We have some great young defenders at the club at the moment.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think Tuanzebe will be better than Williams barring injury. Mentally better, better marker, more skilful on the ball too for me. Older and more developed of course, but that too might work in his favour as he's more likely to break through in the next year or two which might end up keeping Williams out in itself. If the centre halves hypothetically included in 2 years' time: 28 year old Chris Smalling, 26 year old not broken Jones, 24 year old Bailly, 20 year old Tuanzebe, 20 year old Fosu Mensah, even conceivably 20 year old Regan Poole...could be tough for Williams to establish himself.

Ephrem

I think Tuanzebe will be better than Williams barring injury. Mentally better, better marker, more skilful on the ball too for me. Older and more developed of course, but that too might work in his favour as he's more likely to break through in the next year or two which might end up keeping Williams out in itself. If the centre halves hypothetically included in 2 years' time: 28 year old Chris Smalling, 26 year old not broken Jones, 24 year old Bailly, 20 year old Tuanzebe, 20 year old Fosu Mensah, even conceivably 20 year old Regan Poole...could be tough for Williams to establish himself.
Williams looks more of a leader to me . He is also mentalt tough and good on ball too and he is damn quick . This two guys are seriously talented . For guys saying about TFM is better im not sure were he will end but I think he will be a box to box CM . There is no way he will be a better CB than Williams and Tuanzbe and he is not a playmaker or a pure CDM as of now . He will be a box to box player where he can use his skills to the extreme.

Pereira is the best CM talent we have .

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Great praise indeed. Hope Jose does keep an eye on him, and not like Baker and Solanke where he said similar words.

Tuanzebe does look the part though.

spenzo

Tuanzebe is the best centre back in my opinion, defensively and mentally seems the most advanced to me but Williams isn't far behind and I don't think any of us know just how good Poole is just yet.

ChaddyP

We just seem yo churn out defenders Every year from the academy. but yet end up selling or loaning then out, hope one or two of this batch really make it here

khoazany

We just seem yo churn out defenders Every year from the academy. but yet end up selling or loaning then out, hope one or two of this batch really make it here
Not really.There will always be decent/good defensive prospects from the academy (because we are United).But I don't think there's anyone rated as high as TFM/Tuanzebe/Williams since the Pique/Evans/Shawcross batch.

bdecuc

I think Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe and Williams look more like the real deal than any cbs we've developed over recent years. They look like they have the ability to have a good chance of making it here. I think the bit that's most difficult to know/predict is attitude. Do they have the real drive to be the absolute best they can be? Hope so. Of course that and a bit of luck with injuries...

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe and Williams look more like the real deal than any cbs we've developed over recent years. They look like they have the ability to have a good chance of making it here. I think the bit that's most difficult to know/predict is attitude. Do they have the real drive to be the absolute best they can be? Hope so. Of course that and a bit of luck with injuries...
It's the drive and attitude art that makes me think Williams is a definite to make it here. He seems like the leader of the bunch already and he's the youngest.

bdecuc

It's the drive and attitude art that makes me think Williams is a definite to make it here. He seems like the leader of the bunch already and he's the youngest.
Maybe. He's a year younger and you wouldn't know it. So that's a good sign. We've seen ppl in the club praise Tuanzebe for his leadership qualities also. All very positive.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Saw this guy against Leicester in the 'Premier League 2' last night. Admittedly it was my first time seeing him properly but he looked a class above, death with everything so easily and always looking in control. Looking forward to seeing him get his chance.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imo, playing reserve football this year would be a waste of time. He's clearly better than that level. He needs a loan.

Tuanzebe: full beast mode.
Look forward to seeing him progress in the reserves and maybe even pinch out a few games in the firsts. No loan for him, he's a Manchester United player in the making.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...gn=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook

Might be hard for him to get a chance to get on the pitch - especially with Bailly coming back and Smalling, Jones, Rojo fit for now but, nice that he'll be able to get to train with the first team.
I fear a trick has been missed with not giving him an opportunity in the first team, or at the very least allowing him to go out on loan. Certainly one of the cups would have provided a good opportunity to show whether next season he could challenge one of the current first team squad, or even make Mourinho reconsider buying an expensive centre-half like a Lindelof or a Van Dijk, which he seems likely to do.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Only me that finds it really weird that Mourinho's justification for Tuanzebe to have a start or more minutes is the departure of a midfielder and a winger? (‘We lost Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay, two players who didn't play many minutes or many matches for us. They were two players from the squad, so we need numbers and probably Axel is one of the boys that's in the Academy who is more close to playing with us.’) I mean, even if Fosu-Mensah is now counting as midfielder, unless there are some serious injuries to our center-backs, there's almost no chance for Tuanzebe to even make the bench.

I guess these statements are more a way to justify to the player not being loaned in January.

Ephrem

Maybe Jose is planning to use him in mid rather than as a CB.

As a cover for Carrick, the guy is good on the ball , got the composure and technic, so maybe that's what Jose is planning to do

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nah, it's just a case of less numbers. His chances haven't really increased, he's just gone from number 25(?) to 23 with two departures in the team.