Aymeric Laporte | Man City

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He's had a bit of an odd career. Obviously won a lot at City but he's played 10 PL games this season. A decent amount last season but the one before that only 16 PL games.

Also only has 20 caps at nearly 29 years old.

From my understanding, the season before last he lost his spot to Dias and Stones, who had a good pairing the entire CL run to the final they conceed only 5 goals, so far its the same this season they've conceeded only 5 goals, last season when Laporte started they conceeded 16 goals, so in comparision the 2 CL campaign without Laporte they conceeded a combined 10 goals and 1 CL campaign with him they conceeded 16, so he's been poor for them in this competition.

This season it seems he was injured till Nov I believe at the time Ake/Akanji were doing really well, followed by Stones and Dias form improving as the season went and he lost his spot. Will be gone this summer from what it seems like. Good defender for league play though. I feel he'll go to PSG or Barcelona.

I feel bad for him, as I heard he played through injuries last season in the final game to ensure City title win, which is why he was injured, but this also goes to show how ruthless Pep is, there is no sentimental value, he won't care what you did last season, its what you do now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What is he, 5th choice for City? Dias, Stones, Ake and Akanji ahead of him.

Ridiculous really

wr8_utd

:'(
He was brilliant in that one season where they won they won the league and then the following season he got injured early on and their title challenge collapsed. Don't think it's quite been the same since?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He became spanish and turned into a pumpkin. There is no coincidence, dédé put a spell on him.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He became spanish and turned into a pumpkin. There is no coincidence, dédé put a spell on him.
Yes he wanted to play for France but despite being chosen for a squad never made it into their team so eventually jumped ship and starts regularly for Spain.
As far as his club situation is concerned he's slipped back as a result of the good form and versatility of Ake and Akanji who've surprisingly jumped ahead of him.
It looked like he wanted out but he's recently made noises suggesting that he loves the club and wants to fight for his place so we'll have to see how it plays out.

antk

Looks like somebody definitely doesn't like competition.

Cloud7

Now this is a really weird one. This is a top class player in his prime at a top class team where he is a relatively often used player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Beginning to feel bad for Ronaldo. By next season the standard is going to be way too high for him.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Now this is a really weird one. This is a top class player in his prime at a top class team where he is a relatively often used player.
He lost his place over the last 18 months and was used sparingly.

MonkeysMagic

Will any of us be surprised if the fee is around the £50-60m mark? Doing wonders for their balance sheet, not that it needs further inflation given their dubious 'sponsors'!

Cloud7

He lost his place over the last 18 months and was used sparingly.
Oh, I don’t know why I thought he still played regularly. Still, his career largely has more going on than the other players there. I would have thought if he was not satisfied at City he would have moved to another top club. He would find a place in most of the top clubs, you would imagine. He has already proven he is a trophy winning level player and is still in his prime.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Oh, I don’t know why I thought he still played regularly. Still, his career largely has more going on than the other players there. I would have thought if he was not satisfied at City he would have moved to another top club. He would find a place in most of the top clubs, you would imagine. He has already proven he is a trophy winning level player and is still in his prime.
Yea, he's a quality defender. What we're seeing though is that pretty much nobody in the continent has any money, unless you're in the PL. Even PSG are moving away from the 'Galactico' model.

Real Madrid can, realistically, only make one marquee singing per season now. So, the options for the top earners in football are becoming more and more limited.

I genuinely believe we're seeing the 'end' of football as we know it, if we haven't already. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time there's a fully functioning super league, where the 'super' is only clubs that can spend 100s of millions year in year out.

Cloud7

Yea, he's a quality defender. What we're seeing though is that pretty much nobody in the continent has any money, unless you're in the PL. Even PSG are moving away from the 'Galactico' model.

Real Madrid can, realistically, only make one marquee singing per season now. So, the options for the top earners in football are becoming more and more limited.

I genuinely believe we're seeing the 'end' of football as we know it, if we haven't already. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time there's a fully functioning super league, where the 'super' is only clubs that can spend 100s of millions year in year out.
To be honest if there’s a “reverse” super league with City, Newcastle and the SA leagues and the rest of clubs on the outside of it I would be happy with that :lol: