g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Aymeric Laporte | Txiki doesn't forgive (except for when he does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 101472

How good is Laporte?
I have watched a lot of him and at times, he’s genuinely looked like he could go on to be one of the best defenders in the world. He suffered a bit after his injury in 15/16 season and definitely looked like a worse player for it last season.

He’s looked good this season, however he’s in for a shock in the PL. He’ll take a while to adapt to the physicality but once he gets comfortable, he’ll basically be what all the city fans hoped John stones would have been.

Morpheus 7

I wonder how much City have spent on defenders in the last few years. Good player, press not really getting the calculators out for this one, what a surprise.

Wal2Fra

I wonder how much City have spent on defenders in the last few years. Good player, press not really getting the calculators out for this one, what a surprise.
203m based on reported figures - but they don't have to pay wages because people want to play for free under Pep so it balances out.

Cal?

CR7 fan
He probably paid his own buyout clause to learn under St Pep.

tomaldinho1

so, from the current 5 record defenders, 4 were bought by city (add Laporte to this)
This is revolting. After this transfer City will have 4/5 most expensive defenders of all time - funny how they pulled out of VVD but are going to pay almost the same for Laporte.

Pep Guardiola, that great cultivator of youth players.
203m based on reported figures - but they don't have to pay wages because people want to play for free under Pep so it balances out.
hahaha

RedB4ndiT

I suspect Aymeric will be getting that #4 in the summer when Kompany is cut loose
Is Kompany's contract running out in the summer? There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Pep or City Management will give him the Joe Hart treatment. He'll be with the club until his contract runs out. They're not going to force him out.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This is revolting. After this transfer City will have 4/5 most expensive defenders of all time - funny how they pulled out of VVD but are going to pay almost the same for Laporte.

Pep Guardiola, that great cultivator of youth players.

hahaha
Well they now need to win the CL to me, this season, as any old team can win the PL. Leicester proves that. Poor little old Leicester.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
How much did he cost them? Or is he joining Pep for free, because it was his dream to play for him, and he will be payed in fish and chips?

DomesticTadpole

So he chose fame and tropheys over money.

Bless him.
The lad is coming from Bilbao so you can understand the lure of winning something. Most of their big players who have left recently have gone on to win things elsewhere. He is bound to be getting more money. Just wish he hadn't gone to City.

Ban

The lad is coming from Bilbao so you can understand the lure of winning something. Most of their big players who have left recently have gone on to win things elsewhere. He is bound to be getting more money. Just wish he hadn't gone to City.
I hope poor City can pay him enough.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
So Stones will be a back-up for City in the next months? Otamendi did really well and surely Pep haven't paid that money for Laporte in winter to have him as a back-up.

Kapardin

So Pep indirectly referenced us while defending his chequebook wankery. Claimed that he spent 200 mil on 6 players while "others" spend the same amount on 1 or 2 players (Pogba, Lukaku etc I suppose). I assume it could be no-one else but us he was talking about? Or perhaps PSG and Neymar?

I don't have a problem with City spending, they are doing what they need to get to the top and so should we. But if Pep was talking about us, he is forgetting that our squad was weak in attack, midfield and defense when Jose took over and as a rule, forwards cost more than defenders. 3 attackers for close to 200 mil is a reasonable spend in today's market, but 6 defenders and a GK for 200 odd million is certainly not normal.

I don't even need to watch this to know it'll be garbage.

They're pathetic. See what we did with Alexis and now trying to do it over a centre half. :rolleyes:
Why did they ask him to flex his muscles? He's a CB or a WWE superstar?:lol:

DomesticTadpole

So Stones will be a back-up for City in the next months? Otamendi did really well and surely Pep haven't paid that money for Laporte in winter to have him as a back-up.
Someone said there is possibility next season he could go for three at the back, once Mendy is back we will have two players capable of being wingbacks. If he doesn't cannot imagine Stones will be chuffed at being shunted down the pecking order.

padr81

Supports
Man City
So Pep indirectly referenced us while defending his chequebook wankery. Claimed that he spent 200 mil on 6 players while "others" spend the same amount on 1 or 2 players (Pogba, Lukaku etc I suppose). I assume it could be no-one else but us he was talking about? Or perhaps PSG and Neymar?
BM levels of delusion, Pep said 300m on 2 players, which you haven't done. He was clearly referring to Neymar and Mbappe.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That did dawn on some of us. :)
Indeed, either way to actually get on topic, I think we slightly overpaid here. good defender but I don't see him being a huge upgrade on what we have. Better value than VVD and maybe Stones but thats not saying much.

Status
Not open for further replies.