Aymeric Laporte | Txiki doesn't forgive (except for when he does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Looked pretty broken up arriving for the game against Eibar this evening. Dropped from the squad. He's off soon.
Thought it odd if he were picked as the crowd might give him a rough ride and Athletic will be wanting to win this game. Thanks for everything Aymeric but I hope you fail miserably.

imamuppet

Wouldn't it be so funny not implying by any means that we are remotely interested in this, just putting it as a disclaimer as sum dimwit journalist will make it tomorrows headline news after reading it on the caf, lol

If we got associated with Laporte

Imagine the breakdown

:lol::lol::lol:

el3mel

70m for a defender, nice. So that's 50m for Stones, 70m for Laborte, 50m for Walker, 50m for Mendy and 30m for Danilo.

Combination 250m spent on the defense. Very good, saint Pep, very good.

Now forget that, what were we talking about ? Yes ! United are the ones destroying football with crazy spending and wages. Yep..

salford_

I was listening to talksport and they had a guy on who does Spanish Football for Sky Sports, said he has watched Laporte for a good few yrs now and he does not understand why he is so highly rated. Got the impression the fella thinks he is nowhere near good as made out

Even went on to say Stones is superior in every single department, if thats the case, then good grief

stepic

70m for a defender, nice. So that's 50m for Stones, 70m for Laborte, 50m for Walker, 50m for Mendy and 30m for Danilo.

Now forget that, what were we talking about ? Yes ! United are the ones destroying football with crazy spending and wages. Yep..
unfortunately it now means they do have a pretty class defence for the first time, and with decent depth, especially when Mendy is back :/

ninjaskill

Man that's a good deal for them wonder what the break down is around a five year deal on 100k a week is 26 million out of the 70, say a combined 5 million in bonuses for the player and agent, image rights are about 20% of wages usually so thats another 5. That leaves about 34 million they spent on the player, TBH surprised Bilbao let him go so cheap.

That is how the transfer figure is calculated these days right?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I was listening to talksport and they had a guy on who does Spanish Football for Sky Sports, said he has watched Laporte for a good few yrs now and he does not understand why he is so highly rated. Got the impression the fella thinks he is nowhere near good as made out

Even went on to say Stones is superior in every single department, if thats the case, then good grief
A lot of Bilbao fans rate Nunez and Yeray higher and they are both young, so could forge a long standing partnership. It is just getting Yeray back in the team.

Josep Dowling

The point is that the media have been spouting that Sanchez only went to United for money and that we are ruining football with the wages we pay. But City are going to spend another £50m on a player, regardless of age, City are still spending a bucket load. But nothing will get said about the almighty Pep. The media agenda is sickening.
Yeah exactly. Why do people keep making out City don’t pay their players well?

They paid Sterling £200k a week who was still a teenager. It was reported this week that his new contract will be over £250k a week. So if he will be on that what is De Bruyne going to be on?

They have Yaya Toure who is on £250k a week who is essentially a reserve player.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this guys earns well over £150k a week.

Jacko21

Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I’m not convinced by Pep’s logic with this.

Because £57m Laporte has to play. As does £50m Stones. But that doesn’t strike me as a balanced partnership.

On the ball, it’ll work brilliantly. But off it, I’m not so sure.

Art Vandelay

Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I’m not convinced by Pep’s logic with this.

Because £57m Laporte has to play. As does £50m Stones. But that doesn’t strike me as a balanced partnership.

For most clubs that's true, but for a team that spends £150m on three fullbacks? They could easily bench one of their £50m defenders then buy another one in the summer. They don't play by the same rules.

Peanut Butter

True but they'll have the ball most of the time so it won't matter.

Baldy's philosophy is to 'defend by keeping the ball' so they'll be fine.

Acole9

Outstanding
Looks like Evans will either be going to Arsenal or stay at West Brom. I think the move for Laporte spells the end for Kompany at City too, I don't think City actually need him anymore.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city

The 70m quoted is €.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city

I was listening to Sid Lowe (another La Liga go to journo) and he said that Laporte was excellent but some elements of his game needed work.
If Sid is right the player will improve with the coaching we offer.

cyberman

If Citys coaching improved central defenders then you wouldn't be spending 70m on a defender in January

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
If Citys coaching improved central defenders then you wouldn't be spending 70m on a defender in January
Improved Oramendi considerably and Stones somewhat (prior to injury was doing really well).
Mangala beyond help and Kompany body shot to pieces so both lost causes.

cyberman

@Gentleman Jim
But my point is, you don't need to spend 70m on a defender if your coaching is as good as you say. Not that you wouldn't bring him on as a player.
There's plenty of upper /mid defenders out there ready to step up, if you look around its only City spending these sums for a reason.
Its bordering on lazy.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
@Gentleman Jim
But my point is, you don't need to spend 70m on a defender if your coaching is as good as you say. Not that you wouldn't bring him on as a player.
There's plenty of upper /mid defenders out there ready to step up, if you look around its only City spending these sums for a reason.
Its bordering on lazy.
How good did I say the coaching was? I didn't. I said that that we can sometimes improve already excellent players.
I'm confident that Laporte such a player.
We're choosing a guy who potentially will be at City for 10 years so the choice must be the right one.
We could spend 40m less for a good player with a lower ceiling and improve him but he would be found out against elite opponents.
What's the point in that?

cyberman

@Gentleman Jim
You didn't say your coaching sometimes improves excellent defenders, you stated he would improve with the coaching you offer.
Not that it matters but it somehow matter enough for you?
I don't even think your defenders have even improved that much. Walker was excellent before and still is.
Otamendi was one of the best defenders in La Liga
Stones is still a mess.
Your coaching seems to be buying the biggest name thats available, if Umtiti (sp) didn't turn you down then this thread wouldn't even exist.
It is lazy if we're honest. Lazy enough to go all out for Alves last summer or even approach VVD.
Clubs simply do not need to spend the sums you do on defenders to have a fantastic backline.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Funny how media have collective fits when ManUtd sign player saying so and so youngster won't get chance but not a word when City keep on spending shit loads of money to improve every position.

Don't they have any promising youngsters? Which would be weird considering how good their youngsters are.

ZAGREB RED

Funny how media have collective fits when ManUtd sign player saying so and so youngster won't get chance but not a word when City keep on spending shit loads of money to improve every position.

Don't they have any promising youngsters? Which would be weird considering how good their youngsters are.
City are the media darlings currently, they can do no wrong. United, by comparison are the (Red) Devil(s) Incarnate.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Yeah exactly. Why do people keep making out City don’t pay their players well?

They paid Sterling £200k a week who was still a teenager. It was reported this week that his new contract will be over £250k a week. So if he will be on that what is De Bruyne going to be on?

They have Yaya Toure who is on £250k a week who is essentially a reserve player.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this guys earns well over £150k a week.
Yaya isn't on £250k per week, Sterling isn't on £200k per week, KDB's basic is reportedly £200k per week but as with the rest of the squad there are massive bonuses incentives for winning things.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yaya isn't on £250k per week, Sterling isn't on £200k per week, KDB's basic is reportedly £200k per week but as with the rest of the squad there are massive bonuses incentives for winning things.
Link us to where all your wages are publicised when you get chance?

TheReligion

Abusive
Man that's a good deal for them wonder what the break down is around a five year deal on 100k a week is 26 million out of the 70, say a combined 5 million in bonuses for the player and agent, image rights are about 20% of wages usually so thats another 5. That leaves about 34 million they spent on the player, TBH surprised Bilbao let him go so cheap.

That is how the transfer figure is calculated these days right?
No the fee is 70m. Its a minimum release.

The wages and other fees are not mentioned. The deal in total will be in excess of 150m

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
€70m is a lot but it will be such an honor for him to play under the most sophisticated football manager prodigy that is Pep Baldiola.
As an appreciation, He will be paying City 200k per week, making the total fee that City paid for him into 0 or even minus (profit for Manchester City) if He stays there long enough.

Genius move by the best Premier League Team ever whose manager is the greatest human being of all time surpassing Albert Einstein, Nicklas Bendter, Emile Heskey and Obi Wan Kenobi.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You're the check distributor for City? Stop stating your opinions as facts, you think Yaya would have moved from Barca to City (when they were nobodies) for less than £200k?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
You're the check distributor for City? Stop stating your opinions as facts, you think Yaya would have moved from Barca to City (when they were nobodies) for less than £200k?
ohhh get you salty knickers, he was on £210k I think but took a wage cut on his 1 year extension in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.