Aymeric Laporte | Txiki doesn't forgive (except for when he does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Credit to the young lad, love to see loyalty in football as it's so rare today. Other clubs could learn a lot from Athletic and their relationship with their players and fans. Turning down bigger money to come to either ourselves or City, that's the benefit of signing players that are committed local lads and not just mercenarys chasing the biggest paycheck, then moving as far from the city as you realistically can and commuting in your Range Rover.

Lost track of the amount of times I've seen his name mentioned by the transfer muppets on here as a United future signing, at least that buy out clause should put an end to that.

Nick.

Has Laporte recovered from this injury he got last season yet? If so has anyone paid any attention to see if he's bounced back or not? I don't know too much about him but if he's a ball playing defender who is strong, good in the air etc then he might be right up our alley.

Van Dijk might be a cheaper option and Premier League proven but idk

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He sustained a horrific injury last week against Scotland U21. He will be out for quite some time, would be surprised if he plays this season again.
Have I woken up in a parallel universe or something. You mean the injury he picked up against Scotland U-21's last season that he has now recovered from and is playing again?

izec

Have I woken up in a parallel universe or something. You mean the injury he picked up against Scotland U-21's last season that he has now recovered from and is playing again?
:lol: shit, got it wrong then. Scratch what i wrote :nervous:

He is fully fit then. I swear i saw the video last week on twitter or something and thought it was a new one, without knowing the old injury.

DomesticTadpole

:lol: shit, got it wrong then. Scratch what i wrote :nervous:

He is fully fit then. I swear i saw the video last week on twitter or something and thought it was a new one, without knowing the old injury.
:lol: It's alright. I thought I was losing my marbles for a minute there. It was a nasty injury a broken leg and dislocated ankle. He seems to have recovered fine.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He recovered quite early, if anything. I'm pretty sure he has played every single minute for Athletic so far.

DomesticTadpole

He recovered quite early, if anything. I'm pretty sure he has played every single minute for Athletic so far.
Just glad he didn't join City. He would've been a lot better signing for them than Stones. Stones will likely come good, but Laporte is further along in his development.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone followed his progress this season? Did he regain his old form after his injury?

bucky

Anyone followed his progress this season? Did he regain his old form after his injury?
From what I've seen he hasn't been as good for the last couple of seasons as he was during 2013/14 and 2014/15. But admittedly I've watched Athletic a lot less, so could be wrong. @DomesticTadpole should know more.

Edit: I think he definitely needs to leave and take the next step in his career, but the clubs that might pay his release clause are limited.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
From what I've seen he hasn't been as good for the last couple of seasons as he was during 2013/14 and 2014/15. But admittedly I've watched Athletic a lot less, so could be wrong. @DomesticTadpole should know more.

Edit: I think he definitely needs to leave and take the next step in his career, but the clubs that might pay his release clause are limited.
I see, thanks for the reply.

DomesticTadpole

I have about 12 games to watch of Bilbao, my summer football fix. Reading ratings he seems to have picked up the latter part of the season. Not surprisingly as he was coming back from a serious injury. He also lost his CB partner Yeray to treatment for testicular cancer for a short while. Yeray looks a prospect as well, except he is a little on the short side. Laporte always seems assured on the ball and can pass out from the back. He is also a threat at corner, not so much scoring as causing chaos in the box.

You have dropped me right in the s**t here. :lol:

bucky

I have about 12 games to watch of Bilbao, my summer football fix. Reading ratings he seems to have picked up the latter part of the season. Not surprisingly as he was coming back from a serious injury. He also lost his CB partner Yeray to treatment for testicular cancer for a short while. Yeray looks a prospect as well, except he is a little on the short side. Laporte always seems assured on the ball and can pass out from the back. He is also a threat at corner, not so much scoring as causing chaos in the box.

You have dropped me right in the s**t here. :lol:
Scouting is serious business on the caf. :angel::devil:

DomesticTadpole

Scouting is serious business on the caf. :angel::devil:
People should never, ever ask me for a scouting report. I watch a game and most of it passes me by completely. I rarely play FM or FIFA any year. When I do my little boy thrashes me. I notice good defending when it happens and notice a goal when it happens and the buildup when they show the replay. I enjoy watching football without dissecting every tiny of piece of action that takes place. Some people over analyse everything. I just enjoy football for the game and excitement, not formations. :D

bucky

People should never, ever ask me for a scouting report. I watch a game and most of it passes me by completely. I rarely play FM or FIFA any year. When I do my little boy thrashes me. I notice good defending when it happens and notice a goal when it happens and the buildup when they show the replay. I enjoy watching football without dissecting every tiny of piece of action that takes place. Some people over analyse everything. I just enjoy football for the game and excitement, not formations. :D
As you should!

flappyjay

That 70 million euro release clause does not look so crazy now does it?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It doesn't and he actually is worth it.
If he was willing to move we should have been all over this. I imagine there's a fair few clubs in Spain looking over their shoulder. With the way prices have shot up in the past two years, release clauses signed in the 50/60/70 million pound range don't look the guarantee they once were.

poacher

Are you guys sure his release clause is 70m Euro? According to ESPN: "His cancellation clause is 65 million Euros, and the following seasons will be: 65 million Euros in 2017-2018, 70 million Euros in 2018-2019 and 70 million Euros in 2019-2020."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2892534/aymeric-laporte-signs-new-athletic-bilbao-contract

So my reading of the situation is his release clause is still 65m Euro till the next summer's Transfer window so if we start a Kickstarter campaign Laporte could be at Old Trafford in January. I'll start the ball rolling by chipping in 5 GBP and a Fellaini poster.

DomesticTadpole

If he was willing to move we should have been all over this. I imagine there's a fair few clubs in Spain looking over their shoulder. With the way prices have shot up in the past two years, release clauses signed in the 50/60/70 million pound range don't look the guarantee they once were.
The fact he didn't join City last season makes me think he is happy where he is for the moment. He won't be that old when his contract runs out, mid 20's so there could be vacancies at a few clubs by then, including Real and Barca. He is on pretty good money now, I would imagine, at Bilbao so money is not a motivation. Of course he might be persuaded to sign a new contract with an even higher buyout clause if he really doesn't want to move. Some people want to achieve something with their present clubs.

Shuriken

Laporte at United would definitely be welcome in my book, but Real or Barca would (should) probably pay his release clause if he has a good season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How has he been performing after coming back from that serious injury? Havent seen his name being mentioned anywhere this past season.

Andersons Dietician

There were stories that Real had moved for him in the summer. Also pundits saying it's on for the future. Was surprised that Pep didn't go in for him again this summer also but surely soon some club will move for him.

Andersons Dietician

Woody, time to piss in Cities cornflakes again. To the chequebook

Don’t like the idea of him joining City, great player who will surely improve them, watched him for years now and really think he could be something special. He and John Stones could either be entertaining or spectacular.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Woody, time to piss in Cities cornflakes again. To the chequebook

Don’t like the idea of him joining City, great player who will surely improve them, watched him for years now and really think he could be something special. He and John Stones could either be entertaining or spectacular.
Stones is pretty shit. They can sign him and he'll turn wank too.

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine having so much money that you can spend so much on defenders. It's absolutely ridiculous the amount they've spunked on their backline over the years. Not sure I'd ever want to see us spending so much on that end of the pitch really.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
€400m defence.
When he signed the deal, €70m on a CB was thought ridiculous.

Inter Yer Nan

Wonder if the press will quote the transfer as 70m or if they will decide to add the wages and signing on fee's which would take it to 130-140m?

Giminez contract is still running down right? Obviously not a Pep defender but we'd be daft to let him go elsewhere. He's quality and only just turned 23 so plenty of room for improvement. He's also not made of glass like our defenders.

Edit: Just found out his contract runs until 2020.

Infra-red

Imagine having so much money that you can spend so much on defenders. It's absolutely ridiculous the amount they've spunked on their backline over the years. Not sure I'd ever want to see us spending so much on that end of the pitch really.
They've certainly spent a few quid in the last couple of years trying to get it right at the back...

Mangala (£42m)
Otamendi (£32m)
Stones (£50m)
Bravo (£17.1m)
Mendy (£52m)
Danilo (£26.5m)
Walker (£50m)
Ederson (£35m)

Laporte ? £60m?

That's £305m in 3.5 years on GKs and defenders (£365m+ if Laporte goes through).

haram

They've certainly spent a few quid in the last couple of years trying to get it right at the back...

Mangala (£42m)
Otamendi (£32m)
Stones (£50m)
Bravo (£17.1m)
Mendy (£52m)
Danilo (£26.5m)
Walker (£50m)
Ederson (£35m)

Laporte ? £60m?

That's £305m in 3.5 years on GKs and defenders (£365m+ if Laporte goes through).
Otamendi was 40 million pounds.

Jacci

Mangala (£42m)
Otamendi (£32m)
Stones (£50m)
Bravo (£17.1m)
Mendy (£52m)
Danilo (£26.5m)
Walker (£50m)
Ederson (£35m)

Laporte ? £60m?

You forgot to include the wages ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.