Badly malfunctioning site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Neviller

This is getting worse. Took about 20 minutes there to get logged in and every time I clicked on a thread it look ages to load then kicked me to the home page. Happened a few times. No problem with any other site.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Okay it should be fixed now Vatey and TN, please let me know in here when you can.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Well the next time you try a joke it may be a funnier wind up if it's something completely implausible that you're claiming.

I guess i must look a right mug now for believing that something called a cache log exists. Hark at my ineptitude with forum javascript and the inner workings of a computer, what an idiot!
I thought Gespitchulators gave him away, and I know feck all about computers.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Is anyone is thread not taking the piss? Seriously, should I move this to the general?
I'm pretty sure Vasey and TN's problems were legit, no idea about the others and Sol's terrible advice.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
If anyone is taking the piss here, you'll be banned for a week, so stop now. It's very annoying going through all the xenforo options to try and find out what's going wrong for posters when some are lying about having problems.

Vasey20|13

This from another forum using the same Xenforo software, user has exact same problem but only when logged in:

"Lusid, your account was set to discouraged. I'm not certain why. Logs do not indicate that any admin set that value. It's possible that there was a database issue or something, I am not sure. Ordona noticed your post and removed the flag. As a rule, we do not discourage users for disciplinary reasons, because it's passive aggressive."

Maybe i've been flagged because i'm a bit of a cnut?

The Neviller

I'm not taking the piss either. Seems to be working better, whatever you've done Hectic.

Cheers mate. I'll keep an eye on it.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Working fine for me, have your tried deleting your keylogs :confused:

Only some of them mind.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Okay that's good, we will keep the settings as they are for you TN. Vasey I'm still looking into yours, it's mirroring TN's exactly so it should be fine. It's not the discourage feature, we've changed that so it redirects to a page explaining why they have been discouraged with a countdown of when it ends if it's set to end. The original feature didn't really serve a purpose on here as wums didn't know it was happening so spammed the newbies with threads asking for help. Can you list everything you are using to access Redcafe please? If it's not anything to do with that then we will have to wait for Niall, because I'm lost, or I can put through a support ticket on Xenforo but I doubt they will come back with anything useful as has been the case so far.

The Neviller

Okay that's good, we will keep the settings as they are for you TN. Vasey I'm still looking into yours, it's mirroring TN's exactly so it should be fine. It's not the discourage feature, we've changed that so it redirects to a page explaining why they have been discouraged with a countdown of when it ends if it's set to end. The original feature didn't really serve a purpose on here as wums didn't know it was happening so spammed the newbies with threads asking for help. Can you list everything you are using to access Redcafe please? If it's not anything to do with that then we will have to wait for Niall, because I'm lost, or I can put through a support ticket on Xenforo but I doubt they will come back with anything useful as has been the case so far.
Was it something I had done, or for being a cnut as vasey suggested? I'd understand that if so :lol:

Can you point out to moses that the issue was genuine? He seems to think I'm the type to take the piss.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yeah it's not anything we are doing, it would kind of defeat the purpose. Your permission settings reverted back to how they used to be. I did a search for similar settings and only Vasey came up with a match, so I assumed you were both suffering from the same issue. I'm not sure if that was the reason it's stopped messing up for you, but I doubt it given Vasey's hasn't been fixed yet. I'm pretty sure it can't be browser/computer/internet problems otherwise a lot more users would have the same issue, but then it can't be our side or again more people would get the same thing. It's a weird one.

Vasey20|13

I've tried up to date versions of Firefox and Safari on my computer, and Google Chrome on my girlfriend's laptop. All are smooth until i log in and then it's near impossible to use.

It randomly started up a day or so ago. I've had two screened messages pop up from the website, both happening randomly after pressing buttons of some kind. One is the previous thing about a Javascript error with the server, and the other is 'you must wait *insert large number, usually 249* seconds before you can perform that action'.

I've got up to date plug ins and software which hasn't been changed for weeks. I deleted all my cookies and internet cache but only after the Caf started being slow. Everything else on my system is running fine it's just this site.

If i google Redcafe and i'm already logged in, clicking the google link takes up to a minute to load the Caf up and sometimes just loads up a blank screen. If i'm logged out it will go straight to the home page no problems.

Definitely something to do with being logged in, but whether it's my name or my settings i'm not sure. I suppose the only way to test it from my end would be to make another account as a test to see if i get the same problems. :confused:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
No need to do that, we can create a dummy account using your IP address and test from here. Okay I think it is related to your IP anyway, it's conflicting somehow because when I try and search yours it basically breaks the search and stops working, compared to any others which work in 1-2 seconds. I'm going to reset a few things and see if that works.

The Neviller

Yeah it's not anything we are doing, it would kind of defeat the purpose. Your permission settings reverted back to how they used to be. I did a search for similar settings and only Vasey came up with a match, so I assumed you were both suffering from the same issue. I'm not sure if that was the reason it's stopped messing up for you, but I doubt it given Vasey's hasn't been fixed yet. I'm pretty sure it can't be browser/computer/internet problems otherwise a lot more users would have the same issue, but then it can't be our side or again more people would get the same thing. It's a weird one.
Strange that it should happen across devices and different internet networks.

I'll let you know how it works on mobile broadband and on my work PC through my work internet tomorrow, but for now through wi-fi on my android and home broadband it seems fine, when it was messing around yesterday.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Strange that it should happen across devices and different internet networks.

I'll let you know how it works on mobile broadband and on my work PC through my work internet tomorrow, but for now through wi-fi on my android and home broadband it seems fine, when it was messing around yesterday.
Yeah it doesn't make sense to be honest, and actually it can't be IP related if he has tried across different devices. Looks like I'll have to post a support ticket and wait.

The Neviller

I've tried up to date versions of Firefox and Safari on my computer, and Google Chrome on my girlfriend's laptop. All are smooth until i log in and then it's near impossible to use.

It randomly started up a day or so ago. I've had two screened messages pop up from the website, both happening randomly after pressing buttons of some kind. One is the previous thing about a Javascript error with the server, and the other is 'you must wait *insert large number, usually 249* seconds before you can perform that action'.

I've got up to date plug ins and software which hasn't been changed for weeks. I deleted all my cookies and internet cache but only after the Caf started being slow. Everything else on my system is running fine it's just this site.

If i google Redcafe and i'm already logged in, clicking the google link takes up to a minute to load the Caf up and sometimes just loads up a blank screen. If i'm logged out it will go straight to the home page no problems.

Definitely something to do with being logged in, but whether it's my name or my settings i'm not sure. I suppose the only way to test it from my end would be to make another account as a test to see if i get the same problems. :confused:
That's exactly the problem I had, only happening when I was logged in and working fine when I logged out. I didn't get error messages, but it wouldn't load anything up and either threw up a blank white screen or kicked me to homepage.

Hopefully Hectic can sort yours out too.

The Neviller

Yeah it doesn't make sense to be honest, and actually it can't be IP related if he has tried across different devices. Looks like I'll have to post a support ticket and wait.
Mine was the same. I'm on my phone now through Wi-Fi at home and it was doing it yesterday. It was happening today on the same phone on mobile broadband, and Also on my work PC through a different network.

Vasey20|13

Well thanks for the help, i guess i'll just sit tight and hope it gets resolved.

I'll post back if anything changes for me.

Cheers and sorry for being a pain in the arse, i understand it must be a bit of a cnut to go to the hassle of trying to resolve a problem for one person. Especially when people think i'm a bit of a dick :D

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Wait, have either of you tried it on your phone when it was going wrong?

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Vasey & TN

The mods have put you on 'discourage' as per

'XenForo has a built in "Discourage User" Option which makes it difficult or impossible for a user to navigate the site. It's similar to the very popular vBulletin mod called "Miserable Users". Basically, navigation slows way down, error messages randomly pop up, and sometimes you end up on pages you don't expect to see.'

The conflicting jiberish that they are talking in this thread tells you all that you need to know. Moses is being cryptic and trying to accuse people of lying. Hectic is trying to confuse with a load of admin tech bullshit.

The method has been exposed. Ill take the hint.

Vasey20|13

Vasey & TN

The mods have put you on 'discourage' as per

'XenForo has a built in "Discourage User" Option which makes it difficult or impossible for a user to navigate the site. It's similar to the very popular vBulletin mod called "Miserable Users". Basically, navigation slows way down, error messages randomly pop up, and sometimes you end up on pages you don't expect to see.'

The conflicting jiberish that they are talking in this thread tells you all that you need to know. Moses is being cryptic and trying to accuse people of lying. Hectic is trying to confuse with a load of admin tech bullshit.

The method has been exposed. Ill take the hint.
Well i had a feeling i may be the target of some sort of hilarious in-joke. Makes sense i suppose, especially with the mod 'help' earlier in the thread, and the deleted post about me being a cnut telling me 'now we can lock this thread'. I'm pretty ill at the moment, and my memory's been pretty badly affected so i wasn't sure i'd seen the post, but it's making sense now.

Serves me right for being computer-retarded i suppose. Ah well at least i've learned some new things about how to take care of my internet/browser/computer today.

Vasey20|13

Can i just ask why i wasn't just banned? Or even demoted back to the newbs, particularly because i've not really been rude to anyone and have probably just gone against the grain too much in the main forum?

I understand that forums usually operate on a 'does your face fit' basis because some people can post anything and not get this depending on who they are, but maybe a message just to call me a cnut and ban me woulda been more helpful than this, particularly as it's obvious some people are just gonna think it's a problem with the site and create a thread, which has pretty much wasted people's (and not just mine) time.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Can i just ask why i wasn't just banned? Or even demoted back to the newbs, particularly because i've not really been rude to anyone and have probably just gone against the grain too much in the main forum?

I understand that forums usually operate on a 'does your face fit' basis because some people can post anything and not get this depending on who they are, but maybe a message just to call me a cnut and ban me woulda been more helpful than this, particularly as it's obvious some people are just gonna think it's a problem with the site and create a thread, which has pretty much wasted people's (and not just mine) time.
Oh shut up. I'm not sure what's happening here but on that indignation you have just posted. You have 3 warnings for insulting other members in no time at all. So if you were discouraged, it was only after the 4 warnings you received since joining.

The site does run slow for me occasionally, but I just do something else. The caf is good craic, but it's not exactly crystal meth.

Vasey20|13

As far as you not knowing what's going on here, i doubt that. IT's obvious to me now that you've all been on a wind up even though i called you out on it on the first page. I didn't expect the admins of a well known board to be so unprofessional which is why i wasn't sure whether to question the 'help' i was getting or not.

It's now obvious reading back that The Neviller has been drafted in to make it look like it was a common problem. Like i said i'm pretty ill at the minute and my awareness isn't the best so i wasn't sure whether or not i was getting genuine help or not, because as funny as Eboue thinks this is i'm not familiar with the inner workings of how forums work so this just looked like a problem that could be fixed. Ah well, great wind-up.

I was messaged once regarding a point where i responded to someone who called my very valid opinion 'nonsense' with facts proving my point and told him to think before posting in future if he was just going to rubbish me without even explaining himself. Apparently that was bad because i 'condescended him' :confused: The other 'warning' i got was for posting an irrelevant video in a thread, but apologised and was told that it was ok.

It's kind of hard to know how to act around here seeing as the forum bosses are often as rude as the regulars who seem to get away with whatever they say. I would have at least thought it would have been fair to give me an official warning or something so i at least knew to tread a bit more carefully, especially as there are plenty of people being cnuts who seem to get away with it so i didn't think being blunt with people would result in a ban.

And you may as well ban me now anyway. I'll still log on because i can still post. I could change my ip address and make a new account but i'm not that bothered by it. Luckily for your joke it mashes my head if i can't figure out why something isn't working properly.

Ta.

The Neviller

As far as you not knowing what's going on here, i doubt that. IT's obvious to me now that you've all been on a wind up even though i called you out on it on the first page. I didn't expect the admins of a well known board to be so unprofessional which is why i wasn't sure whether to question the 'help' i was getting or not.

It's now obvious reading back that The Neviller has been drafted in to make it look like it was a common problem. Like i said i'm pretty ill at the minute and my awareness isn't the best so i wasn't sure whether or not i was getting genuine help or not, because as funny as Eboue thinks this is i'm not familiar with the inner workings of how forums work so this just looked like a problem that could be fixed. Ah well, great wind-up.

I was messaged once regarding a point where i responded to someone who called my very valid opinion 'nonsense' with facts proving my point and told him to think before posting in future if he was just going to rubbish me without even explaining himself. Apparently that was bad because i 'condescended him' :confused: The other 'warning' i got was for posting an irrelevant video in a thread, but apologised and was told that it was ok.

It's kind of hard to know how to act around here seeing as the forum bosses are often as rude as the regulars who seem to get away with whatever they say. I would have at least thought it would have been fair to give me an official warning or something so i at least knew to tread a bit more carefully, especially as there are plenty of people being cnuts who seem to get away with it so i didn't think being blunt with people would result in a ban.

And you may as well ban me now anyway. I'll still log on because i can still post. I could change my ip address and make a new account but i'm not that bothered by it. Luckily for your joke it mashes my head if i can't figure out why something isn't working properly.

Ta.
Eh? Drafted in? I'm nobodys clown.

I've had the same problems, but now mine are fixed. If we were "discouraged" then, to be honest, I can understand why. Certainly in my case. I've had plenty of warnings to wind my neck in.

I just assumed it was a problem with the site, but obviously not.

Vasey20|13

No but i'm assuming you're an admin moses so can tell whether i've been infracted or not.

And TN you may not be in on it but it's clear that i've been 'discouraged' - whether you were too but yours has now been lifted i don't know, but it's clear mine hasn't been and probably won't be. The symptoms i'm experiencing with the forum are the exact things which the 'discourage' feature does to a user. I have a feeling that 'mum's the word' comment let's me know how affected you were. If you did genuinely have problems then i apologise but it's hard to see who's on a wind up in here and who isn't.

I'm more pissed off that i wasn't given any clear warnings before having this done, but like i said that's ok, i can still post (albeit really slowly) so i'll continue to log on as long as i'm able to.

The Neviller

If it helps vasey, I had similar problem previously on cafwolf, which is also xenforo, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't discouraged on there, though Damo will have to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.