Ballboy jumps to defense of a football.

Ekeke

He knew the ball was on the other side and kicked the ribs of the boy as has been established. Doubt there will be too many games added, but it was clearly worse than a red card

TheRisingSun

Banned
Very surprised he's been charged for that. Kicking a ball from under a ballboy isn't a violent offence in my book. Ho hum
FA state that a 3 match ban is "clearly insufficient" but the same ban was sufficient for Barton punching Pederson in the chest and Fellaini's vicious headbutt on Shawcross.

This country and the media within it have gone quite mad. Whilst the incident itself was distasteful, the predictable wall to wall media coverage, South Wales Police headline hunting non-stop tweeting on the incident, complaints coming in from people in Sussex and Kent watching the game on Sky + and the likes of Hulk Hogan chiming in with an opinion rather have turned a distasteful incident into an extremely unedifying one.

NinjaFletch

It's actually sickening how much the FA let the Sun and the Daily Mail set how they deal with incidents.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
He knew the ball was on the other side and kicked the ribs of the boy as has been established. Doubt there will be too many games added, but it was clearly worse than a red card
When, where and by whom has it been established?

Count Orduck

Indeed, RisingSun, it must be quite the new experience to see your beloved club involved in an "unedifying incident".

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
FA state that a 3 match ban is "clearly insufficient" but the same ban was sufficient for Barton punching Pederson in the chest and Fellaini's vicious headbutt on Shawcross.

This country and the media within it have gone quite mad. Whilst the incident itself was distasteful, the predictable wall to wall media coverage, South Wales Police headline hunting non-stop tweeting on the incident, complaints coming in from people in Sussex and Kent watching the game on Sky + and the likes of Hulk Hogan chiming in with an opinion rather have turned a distasteful incident into an extremely unedifying one.
:lol: When did this happen? BTW your post is spot on. The FA are a joke!

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
F****** little s***! Ashley Cole's mum in foul mouthed outburst aimed at Swansea ball boy

By RIK SHARMA

PUBLISHED: 05:52 EST, 25 January 2013 | UPDATED: 07:14 EST, 25 January 2013

Ashley Cole's mother described the Swansea ball boy Charlie Morgan involved in the Eden Hazard incident as a 'f***ing little s***' on her Facebook page.

The 17-year-old lay on the ball as the Chelsea forward tried to retrieve it to restart the game and when Hazard kicked out to try and knock it from under him, Morgan wildly overreacted, writhing in apparent agony.

He was helped from the pitch at the Liberty Stadium by two members of staff, with Hazard shown the red card by Chris Foy.

Criticised: Charlie Morgan was blasted by Sue Cole on Facebook
Instant celebrity

Before the incident, Morgan had around 600 followers on social networking site Twitter.

He now has 101,000 followers - more than right back Angel Rangel (27k) and Swansea City Football Club (78k).

Sue Cole later deleted the message but when asked about it by The Sun, said: 'That was between me and my friend. It's nothing to do with you.'

Cole's mum was also in the press in December, when Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand was hit in the face with a coin thrown by a Man City fan.

She was reported to have posted on Facebook 'Give the fan that threw it a medal!!!' by the Mirror - although she denies writing it.

Hazard, 22, will receive word from the Football Association today over whether his automatic three-match-ban will be increased.

A video emerged on Thursday which gives credence to the Belgium star's claim that he kicked the ball and not the boy.

South Wales Police had been reluctant to become involved in the incident, but their hand was forced after three members of the public made complaints about Hazard's tussle with Morgan at the Liberty Stadium. The issue is being investigated.

Charlie is the son of Martin Morgan - a Swansea director, the club’s biggest shareholder and, with a £42million fortune, one of the financial forces behind their rise to the Barclays Premier League.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rlie-Morgan-f----little-s-.html#ixzz2J0PD9yIS

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

##

Holy Mother of God, some people have gone bonkers.

TheRisingSun

Banned
Indeed, RisingSun, it must be quite the new experience to see your beloved club involved in an "unedifying incident".
Sadly it isn't - but that shouldn't prejudice the treatment of Hazard, who is clearly not a dirty or violent player and in my opinion was acting only with intent to get the ball and not to hurt/harm - unlike Barton and Fellaini.

DixieDean -
"The young guy on the sidelines may as well have thrown the ball into the crowd.

"That would have been more convincing and would really have held up the action.

"But he might have got his butt kicked even more," joked the former 12 time world champ.

"I dont think [Hazard] kicked him hard enough. [Morgan] shouldn't be interfering with play like that."
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The Neviller

I watched football in the 70's too and never remember seeing a player kick a ball boy like Hazard did...and before you moan on about him toe poking the ball...the ball was under the lad...out of sight...so any toe poke will have meant Hazard also made contact with the lad.

And that's the violent conduct he was rightly sent off for.

Stupid incident that Hazard caused and in which he wasted much more time than any ball boy did that day.

(Nice white text Neviller) :lol:
I'm not sure he's even noticed.

Sam

The people still getting their knickers in a twist over this really need to get a life :lol:

The Neviller

The people writing in a thread that they have no interest in to point out that the people writing in the thread need to get a life really need to get a life :lol:

TheRisingSun

Banned
Trial by tabloid. Injury feigning ballboys. Wall to wall media hysteria. Police "tweeting" non-stop about incidents on a football pitch. People complaining to the police from their sofas about something which had nothing to do with them. Hulk Hogan chucking in his tuppence worth.

Welcome to modern football - an utter fecking circus.

Castia

Trial by tabloid. Injury feigning ballboys. Wall to wall media hysteria. Police "tweeting" non-stop about incidents on a football pitch. People complaining to the police from their sofas about something which had nothing to do with them. Hulk Hogan chucking in his tuppence worth.

Yet it's usually the Chelsea players/club at the front of this circus ;)

The media wouldn't have to write such shite if the club didn't act like fecking retards every other week.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

:lol: You've just described the circus caused by and surrounding Chelsea FC perfectly!

The Neviller

And footballers kicking children, don't forget that part. It didn't happen in my day.bite again?

TheRisingSun

Banned
:lol: You've just described the circus caused by and surrounding Chelsea FC perfectly!
I agree that we don't do ourselves any favours, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's just Chelsea FC. It's the same when anything happens. 24 hour rolling sports news channels with nothing else to do than fan the flames of issues. It was the same when Rooney swore into the camera. They tried to do the same when United sang "always the victim" at Anfield earlier this season, constantly replaying it with subtitled implying that it was a direct reference to the Hillsborough tragedy. It will be the same the next time a United player is involved in something.

It's a sad state of affairs, reflective of the whole society and not just one football club.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Are people trying to lie to themselves or to others here??

There is no way anybody can be convinced that he only kicked him because "he was just trying to get the ball". That's absurd. He was clearly kicking him in frustration.. Don't act stupid. Look at the way he reacted after the kick.. He didn't even care if the boy is hurt or if he was alright.. It's a shameful action, and no matter what cover people are trying to put on it, it will clearly remain an inexcusable action that needs to be punished.

And to put holding the ball to waste a couple of seconds on par with kicking somebody in term of how bad it is, is just utterly ridiculous..

Steven Seagull

I agree that we don't do ourselves any favours, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's just Chelsea FC. It's the same when anything happens. 24 hour rolling sports news channels with nothing else to do than fan the flames of issues. It was the same when Rooney swore into the camera. They tried to do the same when United sang "always the victim" at Anfield earlier this season, constantly replaying it with subtitled implying that it was a direct reference to the Hillsborough tragedy. It will be the same the next time a United player is involved in something.

It's a sad state of affairs, reflective of the whole society and not just one football club.
You're not wrong. Just turn off SSN for a few days and it will all go away. I can't be arsed with it anymore. I've even looked forward to Dharmesh Sheth and his fecking transfer window spending TV since the Hazard incident, and that's saying something

Redlambs

:lol: yeah, we get involved in multiple dodgy cases a season don't we?

I mean, it's not just Chelsea, every club has players who racially abuse rivals, every club accuses the ref of racism at least once a season and every club has a player who likes to boot innocent ball boys half to death.

Oh, and every club has fan groups who send out death threats the second any perceived injustice is done.

Now you really are talking utter bollocks. The media nonsense surrounding this might be, but your entire club is rotten to the core and no amount of finger pointing elsewhere can take away from that.

TheRisingSun

Banned

There is no way anybody can be convinced that he only kicked him because "he was just trying to get the ball". That's absurd. He was clearly kicking him in frustration.. Don't act stupid. Look at the way he reacted after the kick.. He didn't even care if the boy is hurt or if he was alright.. It's a shameful action, and no matter what cover people are trying to put on it, it will clearly remain an inexcusable action that needs to be punished.

And to put holding the ball to waste a couple of seconds on par with kicking somebody in term of how bad it is, is just utterly ridiculous..
Because he wasn't expecting the ballboy to feign injury and make imploring faces at the referee to maximise the repercussions, was he?

The boy was obviously playacting - you know when you have hurt someone or not. He believed that he touched the ball and not the boy and the side video bears him out. The fact that he calmly picked the ball up and tried to play on suggests to me that the red mist had not descended and he was just trying to get the ball out from beneath an obstructive toerag and nothing more.

Steven Seagull

Maybe because he thought/knew he kicked the ball

Redlambs

Because he wasn't expecting the ballboy to feign injury and make imploring faces at the referee to maximise the repercussions, was he?

The boy was obviously playacting - you know when you have hurt someone or not. He believed that he touched the ball and not the boy and the side video bears him out. The fact that he calmly picked the ball up and tried to play on suggests to me that the red mist had not descended and he was just trying to get the ball out from beneath an obstructive toerag and nothing more.
I blame Bale for the diving Welsh kid personally ;)

TheRisingSun

Banned
:lol: yeah, we get involved in multiple dodgy cases a season don't we?

I mean, it's not just Chelsea, every club has players who racially abuse rivals, every club accuses the ref of racism at least once a season and every club has a player who likes to boot innocent ball boys half to death.

Oh, and every club has fan groups who send out death threats the second any perceived injustice is done.

Now you really are talking utter bollocks. The media nonsense surrounding this might be, but your entire club is rotten to the core and no amount of finger pointing elsewhere can take away from that.
Leave it out. What fan groups have sent death threats? Death threats may have been sent by the odd disgruntled fan (I've heard allegations but never seen evidence) but certainly not by fan groups.

From the masked gang that turned up at Rio Ferdinand's house threatening him to sign a new contract, I'd say that I'm sure that United have similar rotten apples amongst your support who would be more than capable of such things.

As for racially abusing a rival, I distinctly recall Ian Wright alleging that Schmiechel called him a "nigger" - the only such allegation of racial abuse that Wright made in his whole career. If that happened in 2013, there would have been a serious FA investigation into it. Luckily for Schmiechel, it happened 20 years previous when there wasn't the same appetite to deal with such complaints and despite the police investigating it, the FA didn't even open an investigation - something which would be unthinkable in today's climate after such a claim.

I am more critical than anyone about the way that my football club is run and the fact that it veers from one PR disaster to another. I was also highly critical of the allegations against Clattenburg on the newbies as Castia will testify, as I remember discussing it with him at some length.

Take the fact that it is a Chelsea player out of the equation and it is still a very unedifying spectacle and one I suspect that is quite unique to this country.

Redlambs

Leave it out. What fan groups have sent death threats? Death threats may have been sent by the odd disgruntled fan (I've heard allegations but never seen evidence) but certainly not by fan groups.

From the masked gang that turned up at Rio Ferdinand's house threatening him to sign a new contract, I'd say that I'm sure that United have similar rotten apples amongst your support who would be more than capable of such things.

As for racially abusing a rival, I distinctly recall Ian Wright alleging that Schmiechel called him a "nigger" - the only such allegation of racial abuse that Wright made in his whole career. If that happened in 2013, there would have been a serious FA investigation into it. Luckily for Schmiechel, it happened 20 years previous when there wasn't the same appetite to deal with such complaints.

I am more critical than anyone about the way that my football club is run and the fact that it veers from one PR disaster to another. I was also highly critical of the allegations against Clattenburg on the newbies as Castia will testify, as I remember discussing it with him at some length.

Take the fact that it is a Chelsea player out of the equation and it is still a very unedifying spectacle and one I suspect that is quite unique to this country.
;) My tongue was in my cheek, I did leave a few clues in :lol:

I wanted to annoy you, but you don't seem to get white text. You should never tell people on a messageboard you get angry at what people write! It's like red to a bull :)

Redlambs

You do talk bollocks with your 'Chelsea is rotten to the core', my club is holier than thou. Chelsea may have had a few incidents recently which most would agree are unsavory but if you think Leeds, United, Liverpool, City, and about half the teams in Europe haven't then you are deluded.

Did you start watching football this season?
I'm busy winding him up if you don't mind.

Chelsea are pretty shit from top to bottom, but I'm not seriously suggesting this is their fault :lol:

RK

This is bullshit. He'll now miss the city game, unless the ban starts immediately and he contests and wins an appeal against an extension....

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster

Maybe because he thought/knew he kicked the ball
This is bullsh*t and you know it.. :lol: Since when kicking was a calm method to get the ball back from somebody, especially when his body is so close to it??

Also the way you try to deny that he made contact with the boy, while he HIMSELF (Hazard!) wasn't even sure as he said after the game: "I think I kicked the ball and not the boy. I apologise."

Oh come on, don't be ridiculous.. He clearly acted in frustration, and if you deny that then I don't think you even have enough credibility to have a debate with you about it.

Oh and if you even think that he didn't make contact with the boy then you seriously need glasses. Just watch this video @ 1:12..

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1310799&cc=5739

Enough contact to at least check on him to see if he's alright, like the other Chelsea player did!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This is the stupidist thing that's happened ever.

If it wasn't for the fact it's Chelsea I wouldn't even be able to find it hilarious.

TheRisingSun

Banned
This is bullshit. He'll now miss the city game, unless the ban starts immediately and he contests and wins an appeal against an extension....
No chance. When the FA have someone in their sights they will get him. He'll get a 5 or 6 game ban - which is absurd. I still think that a red card was harsh.

Is this the same FA that appealed Rooney's kick to UEFA saying that it wasn't violent conduct, now prosecuting in front of an independent panel that this WAS violent conduct?

They really are a joke of an organisation - their agenda is governed by the tabloid press.

hp88

If Hazard is found guilty it is thought he will face a four-match ban - with one further fixture added to the standard three-game suspension.
It was funny at first but four games is ridiculous, he caught the ball boy but there's no way he meant it. Stupid thing to do and now he's paying the price for it.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He fecking kicked out at a ball boy. A ball boy.

Incredible people think this shouldn't be punished.

If you don't like modern football, don't listen to Sky Sports News, don't listen to talksport don't read the Sun etc etc. But this has nothing to do with modern football. Just an idiot ballboy and an idiot football player who lashed out at a minor.