Ballboy jumps to defense of a football.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Fair enough, I don't think the red card is outrageous, although I do think it was harsh. I doubt there would have been an outcry if he wasn't sent off, and I think the severity of the issue was in fact underlined by the red card that followed, as opposed to the other way round. It took a while for the card to come, and it seemed everyone from the fans, players and the commentators didn't really know what to think in the time in between. The commentators weren't immediately chastising Hazard, a gang of Swansea players were not fighting him. I think the card has dictated many opinions, in the sense that it told everybody to now take this seriously, and if it didn't come, nobody would have cared much. The ball boy would not be known as 'the boy who Hazard kicked' if he wasn't red carded. I think many would not have known what to think.

Was no means as clear as Cantona or Carragher's coin incident. I think Hazard should just take his ban and be done with it I suppose. I do also think that he's a victim of a constant demand for a story in today's game, and this one will run it's course. It's a soap opera.
First of all it was violent conduct which is what the red card was for and second did you actually see and hear the commentary? Listen & watch again more carefully if you think the commentator didn't chastise Hazard or that Williams & Davies weren't having a go at him.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/e...310799&cc=5739

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
First of all it was violent conduct which is what the red card was for and second did you actually see and hear the commentary? Listen & watch again more carefully if you think the commentator didn't chastise Hazard or that Williams & Davies weren't having a go at him.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/e...310799&cc=5739
Fair enough, perhaps I remember that bit wrong. I remembered him eventually being chastised, but a small period where nobody really knew what to make of it. Likewise I recall Williams reaction, but by the time Hazard was sent off, he was smirking somewhere around halfway untroubled. I thought he had gotten away with it and the fuss was over to be honest.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Stop calling him a kid, he's nearly 18, that's not a kid!

And yes, it does make a difference. The whole story gets told as if Hazard kicked a 10-year old boy who was taking slightly too long to release it, when what really happened is Hazard tried to retrieve the ball from a 17-year old spoilt idiot who thinks he can do more because his father is extremely rich and co-owns the club, who was lying on top of it like a fecking cretin.

Marching

Stop calling him a kid, he's nearly 18, that's not a kid!

And yes, it does make a difference. The whole story gets told as if Hazard kicked a 10-year old boy who was taking slightly too long to release it, when what really happened is Hazard tried to retrieve the ball from a 17-year old spoilt idiot who thinks he can do more because his father is extremely rich and co-owns the club, who was lying on top of it like a fecking cretin.
:lol: Aww, just cos your dads not a millionaire eh?

Fair enough, perhaps I remember that bit wrong. I remembered him eventually being chastised, but a small period where nobody really knew what to make of it. Likewise I recall Williams reaction, but by the time Hazard was sent off, he was smirking somewhere around halfway untroubled. I thought he had gotten away with it and the fuss was over to be honest.
Thought or hoped? Chelsea fan?

Sarni

:lol: Aww, just cos your dads not a millionaire eh?
I have nothing in particular about children of rich people, I come from a pretty well off family myself. It's not really a flaw that you have parents who earned a lot of money as long as they had done it in a fair way. I do have a problem when they act like this though.

Marching

I have nothing in particular about children of rich people, I come from a pretty well off family myself. It's not really a flaw that you have parents who earned a lot of money as long as they had done it in a fair way. I do have a problem when they act like this though.
Sorry, but I've just noticed your tagline. :lol: We'll leave it there.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I agree, in general. But can you really not see the point, that Hazard shouldn't have got involved and whatever the reason you can't just kick out like that? Especially to a ball boy, no matter how old and scumbag like he is? Hazard didn't aim to kick him in my opinion, I think it's daft to say he did, but he didn't know the age of the kid ,he didn't know how the kid would twist and react, he just did something stupid in the heat of the moment trying to get the ball back and should take the red card and that be that.
In a perfect world he shouldn't have gotten involved. But I thought he was well within his rights to do so. It's not as though he was having a few pints and someone wanted to fight him so he glassed the cnut.

It was just a minor act of stupidity that all could have been avoided had he just used his head for a moment. They both acted the twat imo.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
To be honest I really don't think Hazard did much wrong. He tried to get the ball, the kid wouldn't let him and ended up lieing down on it so Hazard kicked it from underneath him. Big fecking deal.

It's funny if he gets a ban though.

Sarni

Sorry, but I've just noticed your tagline. :lol: We'll leave it there.
So you don't see anything remotely strage or wrong about a 17-year old lying on top of the ball in order to waste time?

It's not even the fact that it's wrong. It's just unbelievably weird and stupid.

Marching

So you don't see anything remotely strage or wrong about a 17-year old lying on top of the ball in order to waste time?

It's not even the fact that it's wrong. It's just unbelievably weird and stupid.
What him being 17 has to do with anything I don't know. And it's my opinion he ended up on the ball due to Hazard being a prick and preventing the lad pick the ball up and then pushing him down...the whole incident last a few seconds so not much time was wasted. Also Hazard's time would have been better spent either rolling the lad over or even lifting him off the ball but he bizarrely chose to try and kick the ball which obviously would mean he got some of the lad too....better still he'd have been better off taking his position up field ready for the goal kick.

Do I need to post the video again to show what I've just said actually happened?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
What him being 17 has to do with anything I don't know. And it's my opinion he ended up on the ball due to Hazard being a prick and preventing the lad pick the ball up and then pushing him down...the whole incident last a few seconds so not much time was wasted. Also Hazard's time would have been better spent either rolling the lad over or even lifting him off the ball but he bizarrely chose to try and kick the ball which obviously would mean he got some of the lad too....better still he'd have been better off taking his position up field ready for the goal kick.

Do I need to post the video again to show what I've just said actually happened?

The bolded part. This is something people need to get their arms around. The incident did not start with the kid laying on top of the ball, it started BEFORE that when Hazard ran over to the ballboy who at that point had barely had a couple of seconds to pick up the ball.

Not sure why it is so difficult for people to figure out where it all started.

That being said Hazard is not some animal, he just made a stupid mistake, as did the ballboy once Hazard began the incident. The red was justified. A small suspension of 1 to 3 games at most is all that is warranted.

Apologies have been issued all the way around.

TheRisingSun

Banned
To be honest I really don't think Hazard did much wrong. He tried to get the ball, the kid wouldn't let him and ended up lieing down on it so Hazard kicked it from underneath him. Big fecking deal.

It's funny if he gets a ban though.
No, according to some on here, Hazard shoved the boy onto the floor - the ball was on the other side of his prostrate body, so Hazard saw red and punted him in the ribs and co-incidentally the ball happened to miraculously roll out of the other side.

:rolleyes:

I'm glad after the initial hysteria "worse than/deserves a longer ban than Cantona :rolleyes:" - the media and public opinion seems to have calmed down.

I do think it's a sad state of affairs when the police are willing to investigate complaints from people who weren't even there, watching the match on Sky. It sets a very dangerous precedent - the next time a United player is involved in any kind of furore, expect RAWK to be jamming the phone lines of the nearest force.

JustAFan

You do realize kid would not have been on top of the ball if Hazard had not gotten involved. You might want to watch the video of the ENTIRE incident, not just the kick.

Varun

Staff

Pretty much spot on.

The lad would have given the ball back had Hazard not rushed to him and pushed him to try and get the ball. Stupid thing to do. But, it was cnutish of the boy to lay over the ball after that. Just let the ball go ffs. Hazard topped it at the end though with the kick. Dumb as feck.

He'l be banned for few games and rightly so but i do think the lad needs a talking to too. You dont lie over the ball..

The Neviller

No, according to some on here, Hazard shoved the boy onto the floor - the ball was on the other side of his prostrate body, so Hazard saw red and punted him in the ribs and co-incidentally the ball happened to miraculously roll out of the other side.

:rolleyes:

I'm glad after the initial hysteria "worse than/deserves a longer ban than Cantona :rolleyes:" - the media and public opinion seems to have calmed down.

I do think it's a sad state of affairs when the police are willing to investigate complaints from people who weren't even there, watching the match on Sky. It sets a very dangerous precedent - the next time a United player is involved in any kind of furore, expect RAWK to be jamming the phone lines of the nearest force.
Who said it was worse than or deserved a longer ban than Cantona? I get the feeling that post is mostly made up of hyperbole, and I doubt you'll find too many in here saying it deserved a longer ban than Cantona got.

You've once again ignored the fact that the incident didn't start with the ballboy lying on the ball, Hazard got involved with him when he was going for the ball and while he had it in his hands, before he went down. He was a part of the ballboy going to ground in the first place.

JustAFan

Pretty much spot on.

The lad would have given the ball back had Hazard not rushed to him and pushed him to try and get the ball. Stupid thing to do. But, it was cnutish of the boy to lay over the ball after that. Just let the ball go ffs. Hazard topped it at the end though with the kick. Dumb as feck.

He'l be banned for few games and rightly so but i do think the lad needs a talking to too. You dont lie over the ball..
Part of the problem is that even laying on the ball was only done for a few seconds with Hazard standing over him and trying to grab the ball.

TheRisingSun

Banned
Who said it was worse than or deserved a longer ban than Cantona? I get the feeling that post is mostly made up of hyperbole, and I doubt you'll find too many in here saying it deserved a longer ban than Cantona got.

You've once again ignored the fact that the incident didn't start with the ballboy lying on the ball, Hazard got involved with him when he was going for the ball and while he had it in his hands, before he went down. He was a part of the ballboy going to ground in the first place.
The incident started with the ballboy trying to keep Hazard from getting the ball so that he could waste more time, as he had for the whole match and as he had indicated that he was going to before the game on twitter. The reason that he collapsed on top of the ball was simply cos it made it harder for Hazard to get hold of it, not cos of any force that Hazard applied to him.

Read the thread back and you will see a few comments in the immediate aftermath saying that it deserves as long/longer ban than Cantona and some even saying that it was worse.

Varun

Staff
Part of the problem is that even laying on the ball was only done for a few seconds with Hazard standing over him and trying to grab the ball.
The way the boy was grabbing it, it was a done thing that he was not going to hand over the ball unless he himself got up and gave it. cnutish thing to do. But yes, hazard choosing to kick the kid was insanely stupid. so many other ways of getting the ball.

Marching

The incident started with the ballboy trying to keep Hazard from getting the ball so that he could waste more time, as he had for the whole match and as he had indicated that he was going to before the game on twitter. The reason that he collapsed on top of the ball was simply cos it made it harder for Hazard to get hold of it, not cos of any force that Hazard applied to him.

Read the thread back and you will see a few comments in the immediate aftermath saying that it deserves as long/longer ban than Cantona and some even saying that it was worse.
Are you on a wind up?! :lol:

The lad virtually had his hands on the ball when Hazard kicked it away....did you not see that? Of course you didn't because you didn't watch the clip in the link did you?

Try watching at 78 mins and 4 secs... http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1310799&cc=5739

TheRisingSun

Banned
Are you on a wind up?! :lol:

The lad virtually had his hands on the ball when Hazard kicked it away....did you not see that? Of course you didn't because you didn't watch the clip in the link did you?

Try watching at 78 mins and 4 secs... http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1310799&cc=5739
I've seen the incident many times, I don't need to watch it again. The kid had been wasting time all game. Earlier in the match, Mata had come to collect the ball of him and he looped it over his head, throwing it to no one to waste time to which the crowd sang "Swansea ballboy, he does what he wants". All of the ballboys had been wasting time for the whole game (I don't blame them necessarily, home advantage etc) and Hazard clearly just wanted to get the ball back and get play resumed as quickly as possible. The ballboy had made his intentions clear before the game on twitter when he described himself as "the king of timewasting".

I think the whole spectacle shows what a followed by Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime pantomime modern football has become. In the 70's, 80's or 90's, no one would have batted an eyelid to this incident. Instead, Sky Sports News are still dedicating hours of programming to it. Even Hulk Hogan has waded in with an opinion for feck's sake.

The Neviller

The incident happened with a ballboy going to get the ball, as is his job. He may well have had every intention of timewasting, he'd said he was going to beforehand, but he didn't get a chance to before Hazard was over at him. If you watch it, and actually watch it, not do what you appear to have done and put it on whilst ignoring what is going on, you'll see both Hazard hands on the ballboys back. Was it enough to make him fall? I've no idea, but then you've no idea that it wasn't. He then swung a boot when he had no real need to.

It was a silly incident where both parties acted like tools. Unfortunately, only one can really be punished. And he will be, with a deserved ban for a few games, for doing something stupid.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I think the whole spectacle shows what a followed by Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime pantomime modern football has become. In the 70's, 80's or 90's, no one would have batted an eyelid to this incident. Instead, Sky Sports News are still dedicating hours of programming to it. Even Hulk Hogan has waded in with an opinion for feck's sake.
Yeah and your club seem to be at the bottom of the barrel in almost all opinions.

But I do agree that this is all very silly, though why you feel the need to keep pointing out about forums and the talking about it, when you yourself are contributing a lot of posts here and watching clips yourself, I don't know.

I wish the idiot Fa would just come out and confirm they are simply upholding the red card, nothing more, so this nonsense can all die down.

JustAFan

the incident started with the ballboy doing what he was supposed to, getting the ball and then Hazard doing what he was not supposed to interferring and causing the ballboy to end up on the ground on top of the ball. Then preventing the ballboy from getting up.

The whole incident lasted about 10 to 15 seconds, hardly any time wasting by the ballboy.

Hazard had no business being over there, plain and simple, he caused the incident, he kicked at the ball, his fault entirely.

Honestly watch the video and see how long the whole thing lasts, any time wasted was caused by Hazard's interference.

Sorry but as Rafa would say, those are the FAHCTS. :lol:

Again, Hazard is no animal, he did not maliciously attack the kid, but he did behave stupidly and earned himself a red card. Whether he was trying to kick the ball or not, he should not have been kicking at it with the ballboy right there. He should have given the ball boy a chance to field it cleanly and then seen if any time was being wasted. He made a choice not to and he paid the price for his own stupidity.

A couple of games off is all he should get, and probably all he will get. I would not even be surprised to see him get only 1 game or no additional games.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I actually like Hazard more after this incident.

That ball boy was an absolute bell end.

TheRisingSun

Banned
Yeah and your club seem to be at the bottom of the barrel in almost all opinions.

But I do agree that this is all very silly, though why you feel the need to keep pointing out about forums and the talking about it, when you yourself are contributing a lot of posts here and watching clips yourself, I don't know.

I wish the idiot Fa would just come out and confirm they are simply upholding the red card, nothing more, so this nonsense can all die down.
I've been asking myself the same question :lol:

For some inexplicable reason, some of the posts on here - mainly the ones that say "he kicked the ball boy" have made my blood boil to an irrational level. That is football I suppose. If any were WUM's, they had me over the barrel.

The Neviller

For some inexplicable reason, some of the posts on here - mainly the ones that say "he kicked the ball boy" have made my blood boil to an irrational level. That is football I suppose. If any were WUM's, they had me over the barrel.
Funny people would say he kicked a ballboy, when that's exactly what he did.bite?

TheRisingSun

Banned
Funny people would say he kicked a ballboy, when that's exactly what he did.bite?
Last time I will say it - he toed the ball out, which you can clearly see from the side angle. Think of the surface area of a toe - what is the likelihood of a toe connecting with both the ball and the kid lying on top of it?

He might have been brushed with a shinpad at worst.

The Neviller

Last time I will say it - he toed the ball out, which you can clearly see from the side angle. Think of the surface area of a toe - what is the likelihood of a toe connecting with both the ball and the kid lying on top of it?

He might have been brushed with a shinpad at worst.
:lol:

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy

Everyone agrees that Hazard was simply trying to pry the ball loose and in no way was attacking the ballboy. The boy was lying on the ball and it does appear that Hazard clipped ball AND boy.

But no, Hazard did not go into that little spoiled shit with the intent (my opinion only, as I cannot know the mind of another man) to "kick the boy".

Apologies were instantly given and instantly accepted. I really don't see Hazard's reputation taking a hit or somehow being put on a referee's watch list. It was a bizarre, almost madcap, incident but really nothing more.

The Neviller

Funny all these people annoyed at poor Eden Hazard being victimized by this, and unfairly tarred with claims of kicking a ballboy, yet the same people all too ready to call a 17 years old kid, who they don't even know, all manner of abusive names.

Fergus' son

Funny all these people annoyed at poor Eden Hazard being victimized by this, and unfairly tarred with claims of kicking a ballboy, yet the same people all too ready to call a 17 years old kid, who they don't even know, all manner of abusive names.
It's based on that incident alone, which is all it can be based on.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

You are being wummed at least a little :lol:

But that's what you get for being on a rival forum! I read one page of the shedend about this (though it was more like cave paintings ;) ) and I thought "feck this, I'd never beable to stomach talking to some of these fecking morons".

Rival fans get it easy on here, but it's still fun to dig ;) Oh and watch for that pesky white text :lol:

Fergus' son

Yeah, that's ok then. As long as it's based on something worthy.
When I see that incident, I can see myself behaving like Hazard (think he had no bad intentions), but can't see myself acting like the ball boy.

That is, I can be stupid on occasion and react unaccordingly but acting a moron like the ball boy is a no no.

Marching

I've seen the incident many times, I don't need to watch it again. The kid had been wasting time all game. Earlier in the match, Mata had come to collect the ball of him and he looped it over his head, throwing it to no one to waste time to which the crowd sang "Swansea ballboy, he does what he wants". All of the ballboys had been wasting time for the whole game (I don't blame them necessarily, home advantage etc) and Hazard clearly just wanted to get the ball back and get play resumed as quickly as possible. The ballboy had made his intentions clear before the game on twitter when he described himself as "the king of timewasting".

I watched football in the 70's too and never remember seeing a player kick a ball boy like Hazard did...and before you moan on about him toe poking the ball...the ball was under the lad...out of sight...so any toe poke will have meant Hazard also made contact with the lad.

And that's the violent conduct he was rightly sent off for.

Stupid incident that Hazard caused and in which he wasted much more time than any ball boy did that day.

(Nice white text Neviller) :lol:

TheRisingSun

Banned
I watched football in the 70's too and never remember seeing a player kick a ball boy like Hazard did...and before you moan on about him toe poking the ball...the ball was under the lad...out of sight...so any toe poke will have meant Hazard also made contact with the lad.

And that's the violent conduct he was rightly sent off for.

Stupid incident that Hazard caused and in which he wasted much more time than any ball boy did that day.

(Nice white text Neviller) :lol:
This is another opinion that annoys me. How do you know what was in or out of sight to Hazard? There are two camera angles, one from the side which shoes that the ball was clearly toed out and one from behind where you can't see what is happening due to the boy's body obscuring sight - this is the angle that most people started lynching him for. Unless you had a first person view of the incident from Hazard's perspective, there is no way of knowing what he could or couldn't see - but the fact that the ball popped out the way that it did suggests that Hazard knew exactly where the ball was.

He has been charged by the FA now - jesus wept. Fellaini got a 3 game ban for a vicious off the ball headbutt but they FA will extend a ban for toepoking a ball out from underneath an obstructive ballboy? This country has gone mad, in every way.