Barca trying to terminate the contracts of Umtiti and Pjanic

led_scholes

you’re way way off here. Messi will only play for two more years anyway, we are still winning trophies. Messi isn’t the issue it’s the other bad contracts handed out. You keep missing that. Barca have their issues, but the arrogance of fans from a club that has hardly won anything in nearly seven years doesn’t surprise me. Barca need to dump the other players, not Messi. They’re in an absolute mess but they’ll get through it. It’s always been a club with a volatile history.
Well, if United also kept spending 10 times more than what they actually could, they would have won more. And imagine doing it in a league with only 2 other big spenders..

But you are right the problem is not, at least only, Messi. After all Barca without Messi would have 2 cls less and many league less. He kinda deserve a huge contract since he is bigger than the club itself.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Well, if United also kept spending 10 times more than what they actually could, they would have won more. And imagine doing it in a league with only 2 other big spenders..

But you are right the problem is not, at least only, Messi. After all Barca without Messi would have 2 cls less and many league less. He kinda deserve a huge contract since he is bigger than the club itself.
fair points, and Barca’s spending has led to this glorious mess. But I’m glad you see it as not so much Messi’s contract the issue but just about ever other contract handed out. I mean Sergei Roberto gets paid more than benzema ffs :lol:

Varun

Staff
financing yourselves is great but when you have nothing to show for it trophy wise, it doesn’t mean very much. I’d take Barca’s last 7 years over United easily. Hell, I’d take Barca’s last two years over United. But that’s just me. I also agree Barca are in a huge mess right now but contrary to everyone else rejoicing in the club being bankrupt I think they’ll sort it out eventually but it’ll take quite some time. When the season starts in setember and if the players still can’t get registered I’ll be more than happy to revisit this with you :)

good luck in the coming season.
It boggles my mind when people say stuff like this. Could only come for entitled brats at the mega rich clubs because with 1 daft sweeping statement, you've essentially said that 99.9% of the clubs are pointless because they don't 'win trophies'

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
It boggles my mind when people say stuff like this. Could only come for entitled brats at the mega rich clubs because with 1 daft sweeping statement, you've essentially said that 99.9% of the clubs are pointless because they don't 'win trophies'
As if United fans weren't entitled brats during the Fergie era. And for a club as big as United (you're acting like you're Norwich) going 7 years without a meaningful trophy is insane. Has nohing to do with entitlement, it's the reality of the situation. Not even getting out of the group stage in CL is unacceptable.

Varun

Staff
As if United fans weren't entitled brats during the Fergie era. And for a club as big as United (you're acting like you're Norwich) going 7 years without a meaningful trophy is insane. Has nohing to do with entitlement, it's the reality of the situation. Not even getting out of the group stage in CL is unacceptable.
Utd fans who think not winning the league/CL = pointless existence are absolute entitled brats, you're bang on.

The fact that you think the insane financial mess you're in is justified because you won stuff and financial stability without trophies doesn't mean anything is still ridiculous though and finding Utd fans who are entitled brats as well doesn't change anything.

AFC NimbleThumb

The difference between supporting Manchester United & say. . . Macclesfield can’t be understated.

You can fully understand the importance of the football pyramid whilst accepting teams with the spending might/advantages of a Manchester United or Barcelona base their histories more so than most on winning trophies.

You can’t win everything, & I’m yet in my existence to see a fan who thinks their team should; it’s kind of a straw man argument. A number of fans on here were downplaying the Europa League some weeks back which truly boggles the mind.

Neither Manchester United nor Barcelona are well run footballing clubs of late.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The difference between supporting Manchester United & say. . . Macclesfield can’t be understated.

You can fully understand the importance of the football pyramid whilst accepting teams with the spending might/advantages of a Manchester United or Barcelona base their histories more so than most on winning trophies.

You can’t win everything, & I’m yet in my existence to see a fan who thinks their team should; it’s kind of a straw man argument. A number of fans on here were downplaying the Europa League some weeks back which truly boggles the mind.

Neither Manchester United nor Barcelona are well run footballing clubs of late.
exactly @Varun is way off the mark here. For a club as big as united, not winning CL is fine but having zero deep runsand celebrating second place finishes in the league is not good enough for a club of that size. Many united fans felt Europa was beneath them. Really a case of throwing stones in a glass house. Both clubs have entitled fanbases and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

and obviously no club can win everything every year, Barca have had trophy-less seasons as well. But going SEVEN years without a meaningful trophy for a club the size of United is a let down.

Daonico

you’re way way off here. Messi will only play for two more years anyway, we are still winning trophies. Messi isn’t the issue it’s the other bad contracts handed out. You keep missing that. Barca have their issues, but the arrogance of fans from a club that has hardly won anything in nearly seven years doesn’t surprise me. Barca need to dump the other players, not Messi. They’re in an absolute mess but they’ll get through it. It’s always been a club with a volatile history.
great fan... funny how WE are winning trophies but THEY are in a mess haha

I don't see anything too big coming out of this... Some "sacrifice" will be done, and La Liga will compromise the rest... Messi will stay, Tebas doesn't want him having to leave... he is already saying City can't hire him without financial dopping

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
great fan... funny how WE are winning trophies but THEY are in a mess haha

I don't see anything too big coming out of this... Some "sacrifice" will be done, and La Liga will compromise the rest... Messi will stay, Tebas doesn't want him having to leave... he is already saying City can't hire him without financial dopping
haha my bad

Varun

Staff
exactly @Varun is way off the mark here. For a club as big as united, not winning CL is fine but having zero deep runsand celebrating second place finishes in the league is not good enough for a club of that size. Many united fans felt Europa was beneath them. Really a case of throwing stones in a glass house. Both clubs have entitled fanbases and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

and obviously no club can win everything every year, Barca have had trophy-less seasons as well. But going SEVEN years without a meaningful trophy for a club the size of United is a let down.
I'm not sure if you're deliberately ignoring what I originally (and in my subsequent post) said or really didn't get it.

Here it is:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Messi isn't bigger than the club, but the club sure acts like it, they simply cant stop bending over to this aging player for some reason.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I'm not sure if you're deliberately ignoring what I originally (and in my subsequent post) said or really didn't get it.

Here it is:
and you ignoring what I said it seems. Man united are far far too big of a club to have had the drought they’ve had. As someone else pointed out, it’s not a third division team. So yes, while Barca are in a and spot now I think they’ll be fine in the long run and sort this out. I’d still take their last seven years over united easily

Pickle85

and you ignoring what I said it seems. Man united are far far too big of a club to have had the drought they’ve had. As someone else pointed out, it’s not a third division team. So yes, while Barca are in a and spot now I think they’ll be fine in the long run and sort this out. I’d still take their last seven years over united easily
What are you basing your optimism on? How do you think they'll sort it out? Or will it just be shady 'definitely not public' loans?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
What are you basing your optimism on? How do you think they'll sort it out? Or will it just be shady 'definitely not public' loans?
The players with too-high salaries will leave eventually. Some of them are old, some of them finish their contracts soon, etc. Laporta isn't signing people on ludicrous wages anymore. They have decent young players too, like Pedri, Fati.

Pickle85

The players with too-high salaries will leave eventually. Some of them are old, some of them finish their contracts soon, etc. Laporta isn't signing people on ludicrous wages anymore. They have decent young players too, like Pedri, Fati.
But will 'eventually' be soon enough? It sounds like they're in imminent financial trouble...

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Why did they go the Peter Ridsdale route though? It's not like city ten years ago who had to pay over the odds to convince anyone to join. I just don't get why they would pay such over the top wages to so many players.

HJ12

Utd fans who think not winning the league/CL = pointless existence are absolute entitled brats, you're bang on.

The fact that you think the insane financial mess you're in is justified because you won stuff and financial stability without trophies doesn't mean anything is still ridiculous though and finding Utd fans who are entitled brats as well doesn't change anything.
Probably the same insane line of thinking those in charge of governance of the club followed, hence the big pile of poo they find themselves in. But hey, they won stuff.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It has been horrendous planning all across the board.

To think that they would have been a much better team if they had just calmly pocketed the Neymar money and looked at a replacement within La Liga.

If they had never bought Coutinho, Dembele or Greizmann and really put thought into their contracts and players that wanted to play for them. The oil clubs can’t sign everyone and there will always be those players who dream of playing for Barcelona.

Bartomeu had a lot to answer for. It must go down as the single worse controlling periods at a big club in modern history. It’s an absolute mess with most players sitting on twice the money they should be earning.

dinostar77

Who would buy griezmann on his wages? Would griezmann even want to leave knowing that he wouldnt even get half his weekly wage elsewhere?

Dembele is injured and out of contract next summer, so thats a £135mil signing leaving for free next summer.

Coutinho will no doubt be loaned out with an option to buy. Even then Barcelona will probably have to subsidise part of his wages.

Frenkie De Jong would have alot of suitors but does the kid want to leave Barcelona? Would love him at Utd, if there was a summer to try for him it would be this summer.

Ansu Fati may unfortunately not become the player we all thought as he's now on his third knee op at 18 years old. Thats not a good sign.

How many other sellable assets (that wil bring in a substantial transfer fee in theory) do Barcelona have?

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Bartomeu had a lot to answer for. It must go down as the single worse controlling periods at a big club in modern history.
I think you mean second worst controlling period at a big club.....

It’s an absolute mess with most players sitting on twice the money they should be earning.
David De Gea says 'hello'...

Red Royal

It has been horrendous planning all across the board.

To think that they would have been a much better team if they had just calmly pocketed the Neymar money and looked at a replacement within La Liga.

If they had never bought Coutinho, Dembele or Greizmann and really put thought into their contracts and players that wanted to play for them. The oil clubs can’t sign everyone and there will always be those players who dream of playing for Barcelona.

Bartomeu had a lot to answer for. It must go down as the single worse controlling periods at a big club in modern history. It’s an absolute mess with most players sitting on twice the money they should be earning.
Yeah, seems Barca wanted to compete with RM down the Galactico route rather than nurturing potential talent and got burmt badly.