Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
What should he have said? Any professional manager says the same line, when his team is still rebuilding and transfers can still happen. In 2 weeks time, when the window is closed, he will say he is happy with the squad, no matter if we sign someone or not. There is always room for improvement, but the question is if it can be done or not. That's not in his hand but in Laporta's and Alemany's.

Games like yesterday can happen. We had a 21:4 attempt ratio. If we score only 2 of them, everybody praises the team. Frenkie was one of the best on the field. If he stays, I predict he will start the next games. Especially with Sergio's red card now.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
What should he have said? Any professional manager says the same line, when his team is still rebuilding and transfers can still happen.
Ancelotti has been saying there will be no more signings since July even though Real Madrid could clearly use some attacking players.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Ancelotti has been saying there will be no more signings since July even though Real Madrid could clearly use some attacking players.
The fan's view doesn't represent your board's view I believe. I'm pretty sure Perez is satisfied, especially after the successful last season and he prefers to keep the money until an attacking superstar is available again after Haaland and Mbappe chose other teams. He knows he needs to replace Benzema with another superstar in the near future and what they cost now because of oil money, we all know. And you can afford that approach after last season's success, while we need a fast success desperatly.

#00F

Supports
Barca
At this point, most comments here reeks of envy than anything else. In fact I find Madrid or other laliga fans being more balanced in their opinion.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Barca are a joke. Then again they've been a financial basket-case and disgracefully run from that perspective for a long time.

I remember when they needed to take out a 150 million euro bank loan to settle unpaid player and staff wages during the summer of 2010, i.e. midway through the Guardiola golden era (of course that was also when the La Liga TV money distribution was at its most unequal).

And in 2014/2015 when they won their second treble, they were panicking about the player bonuses that were due, and seemingly struggled to meet them. After their summer 2014 transfer window which was of course successful, they spent the next few years signing one over-priced flop after enough, with it looking as it their recruitment strategy was run by a bunch of kids playing FIFA.

And things have definitely reached a new low in recent years.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
At this point, most comments here reeks of envy than anything else. In fact I find Madrid or other laliga fans being more balanced in their opinion.
Why would „we“ be envious?

Blackwidow

What should he have said? Any professional manager says the same line, when his team is still rebuilding and transfers can still happen. In 2 weeks time, when the window is closed, he will say he is happy with the squad, no matter if we sign someone or not. There is always room for improvement, but the question is if it can be done or not. That's not in his hand but in Laporta's and Alemany's.

Games like yesterday can happen. We had a 21:4 attempt ratio. If we score only 2 of them, everybody praises the team. Frenkie was one of the best on the field. If he stays, I predict he will start the next games. Especially with Sergio's red card now.
You did not create one big chance - just 21 low quality chances.

Tyrion

it's crazy the amount of money they've spent this summer when on the verge of bankruptcy/solvency yet he's saying they haven't brought in enough players and wants more......so entitled
They should just take it slow for a year or two. Instead they just want to spend, borrow and bully* their way through it.

*Based on how they're treating some of their players.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
It's a fake right? Right?

I don't know, but if he expects that to have been only against the Rayo...
He better start mentalizing now, 80% of the matches will be like this.

caid

Thats pretty normal really isn't it? Not so much for a counter attacking team working on fast transitions. Against a team who's going to dominate possession and slowly push you back its to be expected though.
Very little goal threat from elsewhere in the team so hes going to get special attention every week too.

Blackwidow

It's a fake right? Right?

Absolutely fake.

Bayern is playing even with a tad more ball possession as Barcelona does. It might be somewhen different when a team defends Bayern over all of the pitch - like Eintracht Frankfurt partly and successfully did against Barcelona in the Europa League. But a lot teams park the doubledecker against Bayern and Lewy always had to defend against multiple defenders in the box.

Barcelona's problem is that they might have great footballers in the offense - but a lot less movement without the ball, worse pressing, no "partner" for Lewy like Müller partly is and less "working together".

Cal?

CR7 fan
Envious of your great success over the last few years? or the fact your biggest rival won the 2 biggest prizes last season? :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
This is a parody account. Look at the number of followers.
Yeah I was naive my bad, I usually dont have this sort of fake account on my TL and it was retweeted by someone that is usually serious, i'll be more careful next time.

Tallis

Am I the only one who feels bad for Pique ? A less mentioned lever has been the constant reduction in his wages so much so that he is not even getting a salary this year. In many legal systems, this could be tantamount to slavery or at least some extreme form of labour abuse. There are also inflationary and poor guy rides his bike to work to save some money.

Member 125398

Am I the only one who feels bad for Pique ? A less mentioned lever has been the constant reduction in his wages so much so that he is not even getting a salary this year. In many legal systems, this could be tantamount to slavery or at least some extreme form of labour abuse. There are also inflationary and poor guy rides his bike to work to save some money.
They offered him a go with all the youth team's mums as compensation.

cyberman

More great business from them, now Atletico are simply going to reduce the amount of minutes Griezmann plays so the compulsory purchase clause doesn’t take effect.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...quiere-pagar-40-millones-barca-griezmann.html

Atlético is seeking to lower the 40M fee to Barça for Griezmann. This season his participation (45min+ in a game) should be around 30% so that the obligation clause would not be fulfilled. Another way that cannot be ruled out is that Atlético urge Barça to reduce the 40M permanent purchase option.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
More great business from them, now Atletico are simply going to reduce the amount of minutes Griezmann plays so the compulsory purchase clause doesn’t take effect.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...quiere-pagar-40-millones-barca-griezmann.html

Atlético is seeking to lower the 40M fee to Barça for Griezmann. This season his participation (45min+ in a game) should be around 30% so that the obligation clause would not be fulfilled. Another way that cannot be ruled out is that Atlético urge Barça to reduce the 40M permanent purchase option.
We will have to see if there is no penalty clause for not exercising the purchase of the player. Barcelona already put it in Trincao for example.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I oft lay in bed at night, green eyed, ruing my club for not selling off their Television Rights to get Andreas Christensen to shore up the back.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
So apparently Lewandowski has been robbed when he left Barcas training-ground.
There is a Laporta-lever joke in there somewhere...

Last edited:

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I have to say it's pretty embarrassing, that Kounde is still not registered. LaLiga asks barca to free €22m in Masa Salarial in order to register him. Now, that City won't sell Silva so late in the window anymore, Xavi will not allow to sell Frenkie and that means to look for other exits like Depay. But the departure of Depay alone is not enough, since he signed as a free agent and has only his €12m wage without any amortization inside the Masa Salarial. So Barca needs to sell him + another player (Dest or Auba) or beg Pique for a huge paycut, at least €10m. The latest reports say Busquets doesn't want to defer, because he wants to quit (european) football next summer when his contract ends.
It seems like Laporta really thought Frenkie would give in and leave and that was very naive, because he loves the city, the club and of course his huge wage.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I have to say it's pretty embarrassing, that Kounde is still not registered. LaLiga asks barca to free €22m in Masa Salarial in order to register him. Now, that City won't sell Silva so late in the window anymore, Xavi will not allow to sell Frenkie and that means to look for other exits like Depay. But the departure of Depay alone is not enough, since he signed as a free agent and has only his €12m wage without any amortization inside the Masa Salarial. So Barca needs to sell him + another player (Dest or Auba) or beg Pique for a huge paycut, at least €10m. The latest reports say Busquets doesn't want to defer, because he wants to quit (european) football next summer when his contract ends.
It seems like Laporta really thought Frenkie would give in and leave and that was very naive, because he loves the city, the club and of course his huge wage.
Yeah, that is a shocking development that no one could have foreseen.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Alba to the bench and Baldé to the start. I hope the guy plays a good game, and if he doesn't I hope the fans don't get angry with him.