Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

colombianmancunian

UEFAlona are just extremely badly run. 150 million for that flop without end product, and they just got 25 million when they get rid of him.

The gossip is they want Bernardo Silva, who is by far a superior player, but the sad truth is Baldy doesn’t want him to leave and they probably can’t afford him.

caid

I haven't been tracking their transfers this season but losing Dembele sounds like terrible business. Are they buying a bunch of players i've not noticed are are they as much of a shambles as they sound?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His 17 million Barça wanted to cheat him out of. Perhaps. It seems though he didn‘t want to leave.
Yeah he probably enjoys living in there in general but he probably would have been more inclined to a move if barca didn't plan to rob him blind.

NotThatSoph

thats a mental contract they gave him if true
I actually kind of get the logic behind it. Not that it necessarily was a good idea, but it also isn't preposterous. A clause like that is equal to a 25m clause from Barcelona's perspective, but it's less likely to be triggered by other clubs, so if they prefer to not sell for that amount then it's better.

Asking him to give them money is really funny, though.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
WTF they won la liga last season?! I thought they were in ruins :lol:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
To me its been so glaringly obvious how absolutely shit that club has been managed financially by just looking at Camp Nou. I remember visiting it during the earlier 2000s and was just shocked how shoddy it looked for a club with the reputation they had, especially back then. Their museum almost felt like an afterthought and dumped it next to the value engineered stands of the stadium itself. Felt like such a letdown in a way. Perhaps it's better now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
To me its been so glaringly obvious how absolutely shit that club has been managed financially by just looking at Camp Nou. I remember visiting it during the earlier 2000s and was just shocked how shoddy it looked for a club with the reputation they had, especially back then. Their museum almost felt like an afterthought and dumped it next to the value engineered stands of the stadium itself. Felt like such a letdown in a way. Perhaps it's better now.
Well to be pedantic it probably isn't at the moment seeing how they are undergoing renovations that will cost them a hefty amount when everything is said and done.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Really wish they'd start having a trophyless period just because they're such a shite club. They're bullying players because they're still seen as the top dog.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Really wish they'd start having a trophyless period just because they're such a shite club. They're bullying players because they're still seen as the top dog.
Nothing will happen. Madrid and Barca are way too powerful in Spain to fail.

Even in their underwhelming lows they'll win stuff here and there.

Their playing squad is still great. Xavi is as clueless as a manager can be with his tumescent style of play though.

GeneralKenobi

What happened about the bribes to the ref?
AFAIK nobody knows anything. The judge enforced the 'secreto de sumario' several months ago. I don't know how you say that in English but it means: 'express declaration by virtue of which the investigative proceedings remain secret until the opening of the trial'

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Barca are still in a lot of trouble. They have essentially gambled their future on explosive growth and interest rates coming down in the near term. Essentially, they're in a holding position atm to see how things play.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We should cheat more.

It doesn’t effect how legends are viewed or getting important titles.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It's difficult for Real Madrid or Barcelona to have a severe trophy drought, as it's mostly a two-team league.

NLunited

We should cheat more.

It doesn’t effect how legends are viewed or getting important titles.
Dangerous line of thought. You are somewhat right, but consider no one thinks Man Cheaty is winning their titles fairly. Everyone is pretending (especially media) there is no cheating but everyone knows.

Basically any trophy you win through cheating is meaningless, trophies won fairly through hard work and excelling mean everything. That is what I want for us.

GinobiliTheGOAT

You believe those reports aren't true? What makes you believe that?
a Madrid paper making stuff about Barca? AS is beyond scummy, no one else worth their salt is reporting this.
People will just eat up this rubbish. Barca media also makes up crap about Madrid. Spanish media is a cesspool

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
a Madrid paper making stuff about Barca? AS is beyond scummy, no one else worth their salt is reporting this.
People will just eat up this rubbish. Barca media also makes up crap about Madrid. Spanish media is a cesspool
After all these years, people still don't know about this :lol: .
This thread would probably have half the pages if people wouldn't post and talk about made up stuff from AS, Marca and some other Madrid based media. The same goes for Sport and Mundo Deportivo if they talk about Madrid.

RedOrange

Yeah he probably enjoys living in there in general but he probably would have been more inclined to a move if barca didn't plan to rob him blind.
I think the club executives saw selling Frenkie as a quick and easy way to get United to solve a huge part of their financial problems, but United held firm and Barca realized they weren't going to get his crazy wages off the books and a €100 million fee, so their interest fizzled.

De Jong probably had assurances from Xavi, who likely wasn't on board with selling De Jong, that he would still be a key member of the squad.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think the club executives saw selling Frenkie as a quick and easy way to get United to solve a huge part of their financial problems, but United held firm and Barca realized they weren't going to get his crazy wages off the books and a €100 million fee, so their interest fizzled.

De Jong probably had assurances from Xavi, who likely wasn't on board with selling De Jong, that he would still be a key member of the squad.
Yeah that makes sense, and they couldn't really afford benching him either so there wasn't much they could do to force him out either.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
After all these years, people still don't know about this :lol: .
This thread would probably have half the pages if people wouldn't post and talk about made up stuff from AS, Marca and some other Madrid based media. The same goes for Sport and Mundo Deportivo if they talk about Madrid.
Yeah, because it is not as if Barca have a judge reviewing a case for corruption, they have had to leverage their future income to pay for today's invoices, UEFA have told them that their 'levers' won't be applicable to their FFP from next year and that the club weren't expecting interest rates to go up so high on their overleveraged debt, hence their continual debt credit downgrades.

That is obviously all BS printed by the Madrid media.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Yeah that makes sense, and they couldn't really afford benching him either so there wasn't much they could do to force him out either.
Speaking of benching, and this may not be the appropriate thread but I’m very curious how mbappe/psg plays out as they’ve threatened to bench him as well and I’d be shocked if it actually happens.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Speaking of benching, and this may not be the appropriate thread but I’m very curious how mbappe/psg plays out as they’ve threatened to bench him as well and I’d be shocked if it actually happens.
They probably won't but they're not cash strapped either so I wouldn't be surprised if they pull it off.