Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

OrcaFat

After all these years, people still don't know about this :lol: .
This thread would probably have half the pages if people wouldn't post and talk about made up stuff from AS, Marca and some other Madrid based media. The same goes for Sport and Mundo Deportivo if they talk about Madrid.
And yet it’s as likely to be true as false, isn’t it?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
And yet it’s as likely to be true as false, isn’t it?
Well, you can believe there is some contractual disagreement over the split of the €50m fee between Barca and Dembele, or you can believe that Barca asks him for some charity. It's up to everyone to believe the story that makes him happy.

OrcaFat

Well, you can believe there is some contractual disagreement over the split of the €50m fee between Barca and Dembele, or you can believe that Barca asks him for some charity. It's up to everyone to believe the story that makes him happy.
I’m sure the nuance is debatable but experience of the last few years tells us Barca quite likely are trying to get money that they are not entitled to, even if they want to call it a contractual disagreement.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I’m sure the nuance is debatable but experience of the last few years tells us Barca quite likely are trying to get money that they are not entitled to, even if they want yo call it a contractual disagreement.
I don't know if they're entitled to some of it or not, because I didn't see the contract. That's what lawyers are discussing right now. In the current financial situation, Barca's board tries to save as much as possible of course, so they want to make sure they don't give away more than absolutely necessary. From the outside, it maybe looks embarrassing, but the financial situation is what it is until summer 24 according to Laporta.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
"Hey Moussa, now that you're leaving, how about kindly giving us some money splitting the fee with us?"

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
a Madrid paper making stuff about Barca? AS is beyond scummy, no one else worth their salt is reporting this.
People will just eat up this rubbish. Barca media also makes up crap about Madrid. Spanish media is a cesspool
This thread would probably have half the pages if people wouldn't post and talk about made up stuff from AS, Marca and some other Madrid based media.
I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Yes, the source is As. But it's just one line in an article.

The Barca Universal twitter account are the ones who've chosen to highlight this line. They've also made up the "kindly asked" translation, that is not in the original text. The tweet is blatantly fishing for engagement by making Barcelona look foolish.

Last edited:

GinobiliTheGOAT

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Yes, the source is As. But it's just one line in an article.

The Barca Universal twitter account are the ones who've chosen to highlight this line. They've also made up the "kindly asked" translation, that is not in the original text. The tweet is blatantly fishing for engagement by making Barcelona look foolish.
Fair point Iker, those aggregator accounts barely put any thought into the source. Good call.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I’m sure the nuance is debatable but experience of the last few years tells us Barca quite likely are trying to get money that they are not entitled to, even if they want to call it a contractual disagreement.
Looks like the negotiations have paid off in the end. Barca journalists write the club got €35.4m and Dembele €15m.

OrcaFat

Looks like the negotiations have paid off in the end. Barca journalists write the club got €35.4m and Dembele €15m.
I’m afraid I don’t know what the split was previously presumed to be. Can you shed any light?

Plastic Evra

I’m afraid I don’t know what the split was previously presumed to be. Can you shed any light?
Supposedly Dembélé was pocketing half the release clause of 50m€. Or so the tweets would have us believe.

It's a little confusing because the release clause in question expired late July but PSG send a letter to activate a backup clause, with Barca approval... contract shenanigans.

OrcaFat

It was 50/50. So the club received €10m more.
Supposedly Dembélé was pocketing half the release clause of 50m€. Or so the tweets would have us believe.

It's a little confusing because the release clause in question expired late July but PSG send a letter to activate a backup clause, with Barca approval... contract shenanigans.
Interesting. Thanks both. Sounds like a general bit of haggling whereby the player wasn’t actually entitled to 50% but wouldn’t agree to the love without a slice of the pie and presumed 50% as a starting point.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I can't tell if that tweet is intentional manipulation or just bad grammar.

The tweet says, "La Guardia Civil has concluded that they consider the reports that Barcelona paid more than €8m to Negreira as completely FALSE."

The actual source says:

"El FC Barcelona pagó al ex árbitro más de 8 millones durante dos décadas por servicios que el Instituto Armado considera completamente falsos"

Which translates to "FC Barcelona paid the ex-referee over 8 million over two decades for services that the Instituto Armado considers 'completely false'."

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona

The tweet says, "La Guardia Civil has concluded that they consider the reports that Barcelona paid more than €8m to Negreira as completely FALSE."

The actual source says:

"El FC Barcelona pagó al ex árbitro más de 8 millones durante dos décadas por servicios que el Instituto Armado considera completamente falsos"

Which translates to "FC Barcelona paid the ex-referee over 8 million over two decades for services that the Instituto Armado considers 'completely false'."
Probably bad spanish knowledge.
I can't see the whole text as it's behind a paywall, but I'll continue to follow it. As long as only Tebas' outlet is reporting something exclusive about barca, there is no alarm yet. Especially after a successful transfer window.

GeneralKenobi

The judge asked for an investigation to the Guardia Civil. They concluded that Barcelona paid for false services, the only proof of the services are invoices, no documents, no reports, no nothing.

They also found that the arbitration during that time was not impartial and sometimes acted irregularly, without sporting justification.

The lest biased Barcelona twitter account

Don't Kill Bill

The actual source says:

You have to wonder how many people will take it at face value and that was the intent.

GeneralKenobi

Probably bad spanish knowledge.
I can't see the whole text as it's behind a paywall, but I'll continue to follow it. As long as only Tebas' outlet is reporting something exclusive about barca, there is no alarm yet. Especially after a successful transfer window.
Wait, wait. Firstly you didnt even read the article you quoted through a misleading tweet. And secondly, when you thought It was good for Barcelona it was ok, but the moment you were told it is actually incriminating then the article becomes a 'Tebas' outlet'.
I like you.

bosskeano

for a club that has a ton of financial issues they certainly didn't seem to have any issues getting in players....whats crazy is how teams in spain and italy have no issues loaning out top players to other teams in the league yet in england it seems to never happen

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
FC Barcelona has reduced its wage bill by €161,751,612, now standing at €404,709,155 after the close of the summer transfer market for the 2023-24 season, according to information from EFE, which had access to the club's financial data.

Therefore, the difference between investments and transfers resulted in a €78,100,000 increase for the club's coffers, which, after the investments made in the previous season to reinforce the first-team squad, focused on reducing the wage bill this summer.

Wage bill

GinobiliTheGOAT

FC Barcelona has reduced its wage bill by €161,751,612, now standing at €404,709,155 after the close of the summer transfer market for the 2023-24 season, according to information from EFE, which had access to the club's financial data.

Therefore, the difference between investments and transfers resulted in a €78,100,000 increase for the club's coffers, which, after the investments made in the previous season to reinforce the first-team squad, focused on reducing the wage bill this summer.

Wage bill
I’m not the biggest Laporta fan but he’s done some good work.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Barcelona in further financial turmoil with president liable for £20m loan guarantee

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...cial-turmoil-president-joan-laporta-20m-loan/

They’s the second investor who haven’t stumped up the cash if I’m not mistaken? At what point do we suspect half of these deals were simply deals on paper to get though last summer?
Nah, the Barca fans here will tell us this is all normal and above board and in fact just how business gets done.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nah, the Barca fans here will tell us this is all normal and above board and in fact just how business gets done.
Barcelona will activate several "countermand procurements", otherwise known as "reverse purchases" or, in uneducated and boring language, "sales" of their sports utility and personnel operations, otherwise known as "everything".

If this activity doesn't result in clearing the club's debts then they will march towards a "bank and declare their plans to rupture it". The translation for that part might be a little off...

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
At what point do we suspect half of these deals were simply deals on paper to get though last summer?
At no point, because money on paper doesn't help the club at all. Neither in paying the player's salaries, nor in the Masa Salarial for the spanish ffp. That's the reason Laporta's board had to give bank guarantees again to register all new signings.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
At no point, because money on paper doesn't help the club at all. Neither in paying the player's salaries, nor in the Masa Salarial for the spanish ffp. That's the reason Laporta's board had to give bank guarantees again to register all new signings.
Short memory? The Arthur and Pjanic swap was pure fiction, money wise, I wouldn't put anything past the corrupt entity that is Barcelona.

Shame really, that club is rotten to the core, more so than United which speaks volumes.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Short memory? The Arthur and Pjanic swap was pure fiction, money wise, I wouldn't put anything past the corrupt entity that is Barcelona.
My memory is intact, thank you for asking. The Arthur and Pjanic swap, as well as the Cillessen and Neto swap were indeed made by Bartomeu's board to compensate accounting losses, so he could still talk about healthy accounts at the season's end. He was the club's worst president in history and nearly bankrupted the club with his spending.
But we have a completely different situation now, with a completely different board. The spanish ffp only counts real money as income, not accounting money. Here I repeat myself, that's the reason Laporta's board had to guarantee their own money because the investors of Barca studios didn't pay up in time. LaLiga doesn't care about pledged money, they only care about actual transferred money. That's why I said in this case, accounting tricks like Bartomeu did, wouldn't help at all for the spanish ffp.

Last edited:

cyberman

My memory is intact, thank you for asking. The Arthur and Pjanic swap, as well as the Cillessen and Neto swap were indeed made by Bartomeu's board to compensate accounting losses, so he could still talk about healthy accounts at the season's end. He was the club's worst president in history and nearly bankrupted the club with his spending.
But we have a completely different situation now, with a completely different board. The spanish ffp only counts real money as income, not accounting money. Here I repeat myself, that's the reason Laporta's board had to guarantee their own money because the investors of Barca studios didn't pay up in time. LaLiga doesn't care about pledged money, they only care about actual transferred money. That's why I said in this case, accounting tricks like Bartomeu did, wouldn't help at all for the spanish ffp.
Didn’t your Studios deal go on the books only for the investor not to pay many months later?