Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

dinostar77

Apparently Tebes had a proposal that meant the Messi could have stayed at Barcelona. Barcelona would needed to have accepted the 50 year, 2.7billion CVC investment into la liga. However both Barcelona and Madrid are taking legal action to stop the CVC deal and Laporta wouldnt get onboard.

Laporta made a statement that trying to keep Messi would have impacted Barcelona for the next 50 years, it seemed abit over the top at the time. But now it makes sense.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Barcelona have won like 5 out of the last 7 cups and played their fifth consecutive final just a season before Koeman joined, I don't think he needs to be given that much credit for winning that title.

The league title challenge was weak overall, they could not win against RM or Atletico and then had a laughable collapse when they looked like they might be able to nick it.
He lost Suarez and Vidal among others. Their signings were 2 kids and Pjanic. I wouldn't be suprised if Pjanic wasn't Koeman's signing, seeing as Pjanic was involved in the Vidal swap and the board wanted to get rid of Suarez. Busquets, Pique, Alba, Messi all on the wrong side of 30. They barely have players in their prime, let alone starters (I think Ter Stegen is the only one).

His situation was kind of a mix of Ole coming in to a lost dressing room and LVG coming in and then get (hypothetically speaking) no backing. Him getting a cup and being in the title race are decent results. Feck, I'd have taken either under Ole.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Have they been able to register aguero depay and garcia yet?

I mean even excluding messi didnt they still need to shift players off their wage bill before the others could register?
No, they're not registered yet, they're still trying to figure that out.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I actually think that Barca's crazy mess started with Ed Woodward's "watch this space." We broke the market first with big player signings for big bucks (ADM, Pogba) It looked like Ed was showing off the financial muscle of United.

But United couldn't keep up when PSG raised the bar even more and spent ridiculous amounts of money on Neymar, Mbappe. It was stupid of Barcelona to sell Neymar just cos they got 200m. Even worse, now the new players they signed all cost more cos of Neymar price and Messi wages. (Griezmann, Coutinho etc)

It looked like a long fight between PSG and Barca. But Barca shouldn't have played into PSG's hand. Now two of their best players are at PSG as a result.
The stupid thing they did was to put his release clause at that. Once PSG met the clause, it was out of Barcelona's hand.

elmo

I don’t why they aren’t selling Coutinho, Griezmann and Dembele for 10-20mm each and then giving that money to the players to subsidise their wages in order for them to accept reasonable contracts elsewhere. The buying clubs get the players for a low fee and sustainable wages, and Barca are essentially releasing them for free and getting their club to a sustainable level again. I mean, something has to give here and that seems the most reasonable approach for three very high earners. They can then cap their salaries at a sustainable level as they’ve ditched most of their crazy contracts. The intent to realise a big fee for each of them seems bonkers.
This isn't FM where you just add another user and use a different club to make bids for players you want to get rid off.

Nobody wants to pay transfer fees for those players who're on massively overpaid wages.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
This isn't FM where you just add another user and use a different club to make bids for players you want to get rid off.

Nobody wants to pay transfer fees for those players who're on massively overpaid wages.
He suggests very low transfer fees but that's not the issue. If Barcelona decided to amortize players and if they sell them before its down to 0 for a ridiculous fee, they'll have to register a loss in their books that could amount to 50M+ for a player like Griezmann who was bought for 100M+ and only here for a couple of years. That wouldn't help.

Other players might simply want to stay at Barcelona.

Josep Dowling

Crazy thing is, he said 95% without Messi's salary. The last board have crippled Barca and were so incompetent it's almost unbelievable.
This is what I don’t understand. How do these people get into such a position? It’s not difficult to work out if staff wage costs are the same as turnover you aren’t going to last very long.

dinostar77

Would have been interesting to know if we hadn't of signed Sancho this summer whether we would have gone back in for Ansu Fati. That would be tough to turn down for Bacelona at the moment i think.

Apparently last summer Barcelona were approached by Jorge Mendes with a €100mil offer for Fati from an unnnamed PL club. The speculation was that it was Utd.

Obviously it didnt go anywhere and we ended up signing the 2nd best player in his age group for that position behind Fati i.e. Amad Diallo.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I can't believe no one has mentioned putting in a bid for De Jong or Pedri yet.

dinostar77

This is what I don’t understand. How do these people get into such a position? It’s not difficult to work out if staff wage costs are the same as turnover you aren’t going to last very long.
They didnt factor in Covid (no one did) and im guessing there was a presumption that the ESL would happen and sort out all their money issues.

dinostar77

I keep hoping that we will make a bid, but theres nothing in the press in regards to De Jong. Pedri is their next gen Xavi or Iniesta so hes probably untouchable.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
No, they're not registered yet, they're still trying to figure that out.
So what would happen if say they couldn't register depay ... presumably they still have to pay his wages - or send him out on loan?

I think aguero is out for a couple of months with an injury so they probably couldnt even loan him out anywhere as he wouldn't pass a medical?

Perhaps selling one of Fati, Pedri and De Jong is more realistic than finding people who would pay enough for couthino, dembele, pjanic and griezman to agree to a move?... I think all three have buy out clauses of €400m but realisticlly could barca turn down a £100m bid for any of them? (that said not many clubs have a hundred million kicking around)

I think they have a game this weekend so really not long to figure it out - and if they cant figure it out by 1st September then they re simply stuck with the wages (and signing on fees) or players to sit in the stands - they really are setting new levels of bad management

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If we did I think they'd be interested to join and run away from the Barca shitshow. Too bad the whole Messi joined PSG thing happened so late into the transfer window.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Still fresh in my mind, the days where the media and average football fans talked about how Barca had the best academy. Which means they didn't even have to spend a lot of money to get quality players. Their academy products fitted in Barca's philosophy too, technically sound players ready made for Barca.

I don't know what happened since then, all I know is they spent crazy money for players outside of their own academy (Neymar, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, etc). To see this huge problem happening right now is mind boggling. The club can't even register their new signings. Crazy stuffs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently Tebes had a proposal that meant the Messi could have stayed at Barcelona. Barcelona would needed to have accepted the 50 year, 2.7billion CVC investment into la liga.
CVC deal could increase their cap by €40M. They'd still be €150M or so over the cap going by reports. So no, the CVC deal would not have allowed them to resign Messi

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Guys, they are not selling Fati to register fecking Depay.
Neither are they selling de Jong or Pedri to register Aguero.

mav_9me

If we did I think they'd be interested to join and run away from the Barca shitshow. Too bad the whole Messi joined PSG thing happened so late into the transfer window.
I don't think DeJong wants to give up his wages. Also doubt Pedri wants to leave Barca.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

I’m pretty sure your response misses the point of my post so much, as to be on the verge of being deliberately obtuse.

Cloud7

Still fresh in my mind, the days where the media and average football fans talked about how Barca had the best academy. Which means they didn't even have to spend a lot of money to get quality players. Their academy products fitted in Barca's philosophy too, technically sound players ready made for Barca.

I don't know what happened since then, all I know is they spent crazy money for players outside of their own academy (Neymar, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, etc). To see this huge problem happening right now is mind boggling. The club can't even register their new signings. Crazy stuffs.
They do still have one of if not the best academies in the world. For some reason they just decided they wanted to attempt to emulate the galacticos rather than sticking with what gave them their most successful period ever.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
They do still have one of if not the best academies in the world. For some reason they just decided they wanted to attempt to emulate the galacticos rather than sticking with what gave them their most successful period ever.
It is just bad management from Sandro Rosell to Bartomeu. With Joan Laporta in charge again Barcelona will be back strongly in couple years. He just needs the time to clean up the mess.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
We have till Thursday or we are REALLY screwed. Can’t register any signings. Only pjanic seems to be getting sold back to Juventus. Not too miffed if we can’t sign Aguero but really wanted Depay and Emerson. What a sh*t show this club has become.
Like little kids in the back seat... "are we there yet?!"

RedKnight88

You realize the players should want to move?
I can see us doing well this season. And I see Barca doing very badly. This should surely give us a chance to be signing these sorts of players. PSG will be a problem sure.. but we should be in the mix I reckon.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
They didnt factor in Covid (no one did) and im guessing there was a presumption that the ESL would happen and sort out all their money issues.
The thing for me is that it seems so unnecessary. I am sure most of those players would still have signed for lesser wages.

Just smacks of the old Ridsdale offer 35k to Seth Johnson as an opening bid, when he would happily have taken 20k.

Suedesi

No ... a good agent would have a fair idea of Barca's finances and forced a move out earlier in the window. Are you telling me that nobody in Barca knew that even if Messi played for fre,e Barca wages were still at 95% of revenue (70% is allowed)? That they would need to shift Eur 140 million of wages off their books before registering new players? An agent of an influential player like Messi would have surely had some idea of this.
A good agent would have allowed City and PSG to bid for Messi's services instead of having only one option at the end.

Nobody would have blamed Messi because it has become public that even if Messi played for free, Barca wages were still at 95% of revenue. On Barca forums the overwhelming majority sympathize with Messi.
You know like last year? #burofax

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Exactly what Laporta will do. A core of 12/14 homegrown first squad players, and then 6/8 foreigners, all Top quality, with promises of becoming Gods, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Haaland actually ends up in Barcelona next summer or in 2023. And Guardiola probably making a return as well, or Xavi.

I laugh at the people who predict ten years without silverware for Barcelona :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Exactly what Laporta will do. A core of 12/14 homegrown first squad players, and then 6/8 foreigners, all Top quality, with promises of becoming Gods, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Haaland actually ends up in Barcelona next summer or in 2023. And Guardiola probably making a return as well, or Xavi.

I laugh at the people who predict ten years without silverware for Barcelona :lol:
They do but it's not god tier level like the Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets generation. If you take the team at right now, who is really a pure Barcelona product from the past 10 years? Fati, Mingueza (Garcia could be in the mix if you forget he spent 3 years at City) and... that's pretty much it. I know a lot of cules have huge hopes for Puig but i just don't see it. You don't build a squad of homegrown players with this kind of material.

Fergie's Assist

The stupid thing they did was to put his release clause at that. Once PSG met the clause, it was out of Barcelona's hand.
Yeah I totally forgot about the clause. Nonetheless Barca tried to compete with the likes of PSG transfer wise and went downhill and their best player ended up at PSG. They shouldn't have acted like PSG in the market. Their model should be like Man City for example.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
https://www.football-espana.net/2021/08/12/barcelona-la-liga-register-signings

Emerson is registered (some loophole as they part owned him anyway)

Depay has to be registered today if hes to play at the weekend

Aguero and Garcia not in training yet so less of a rush but both need to be registered by end of the month... im really not sure they are going to be able to offload enough players to make it happen

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Yeah I totally forgot about the clause. Nonetheless Barca tried to compete with the likes of PSG transfer wise and went downhill and their best player ended up at PSG. They shouldn't have acted like PSG in the market. Their model should be like Man City for example.
I mean the release clause was not stupid. At that time paying the 200m whatever is what we would have considered stupid.

Then they went after dembele over mbappe at that time. Back then dembele was more hyped. Then they proceeded to waste more money. And then they kept hiring these managers nobody has ever heard of.

But they lucked out with few solid young players. So there is still hope for them.

elmo

They pissed PSG when they tried to tap Verrati and PSG got pissed and retailiated by meeting Neymar's clause. Barcelona has been splashing stupid amount of money on wages to new players ever since.

They brought this upon themselves :lol:

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Guys, they are not selling Fati to register fecking Depay.
Neither are they selling de Jong or Pedri to register Aguero.
Well when you put it that way, it's pretty clear isn't it?

If we're looking for a trick then I guess we'd better sound out Depay, think about bringing him in for Martial and let the latter go to inter.

Monkers

" [sport] Barça will register Memphis and Eric Garcia tomorrow. And both will be available against Real Sociedad on sunday. "
No idea how, but they somehow did it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
" [sport] Barça will register Memphis and Eric Garcia tomorrow. And both will be available against Real Sociedad on sunday. "
No idea how, but they somehow did it.
Probably agree wage deferrals with most of the squad.

Would wait till they're actually registered and step on the pitch though. Like with Messi contract renewal which was supposedly done, till it wasn't.

Fergie's Assist

Y
They pissed PSG when they tried to tap Verrati and PSG got pissed and retailiated by meeting Neymar's clause. Barcelona has been splashing stupid amount of money on wages to new players ever since.

They brought this upon themselves :lol:
Yes. Pretty much this.