Barcelona Fire Sale - who are you taking?

EwanI Ted

Nobody that they’d sell. De Jong and Ter Stegen I’d happily take but they’re keeping those.

E-mal

Based on the following Bartomeu statement:

“He’ll stay. Messi, Ter Stegen, Lenglet, Semedo, De Jong, Griezmann and Démbélé are not for sale”. J. Bartomeu also added that “Coutinho can stay here, if Koeman want him”

For the available ones I would go for either Jordi Alba or Junior Firpo and Semedo.

Also if possible I would go for Coutinho, dont care he used to play at Liverpool he's class and should be available for around 60M.

The rest are either on a clear decline while overpaid or simply not good enough.
I like him, Firpo, he is a good player but lost his way a bit at Barcelona.
We where interested in him before Barça got him and he will be terrific for us.
I doubt if Barca will sell though considering Alba is available.

Zen86

You look at their recent transfer policy and it’s as if the guy signing them off has purposely tried to screw the club over.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Only Jordi Alba, and that too only if he's willing to share time with Shaw.

There's about 7-8 good players at Barca, but the dropoff in quality after them is shocking.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I honestly wouldn't take any of them. They are in a bigger mess than I thought they were. Messi still a genius but he's not going to be sold to a European rival. The rest of them are either too old, over rated or injury prone.

I think Barca are finally heading back to the club they were before the golden era. Once Messi retires or leaves there will be a drop off like you've never seen before.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I honestly wouldn't take any of them. They are in a bigger mess than I thought they were. Messi still a genius but he's not going to be sold to a European rival. The rest of them are either too old, over rated or injury prone.

I think Barca are finally heading back to the club they were before the golden era. Once Messi retires or leaves there will be a drop off like you've never seen before.
What is the golden era for you?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What is the golden era for you?
Think it started with Ronaldinho and then just got better and better with Xavi Messi Iniesta.

They will always be a big club but I can't see them reaching the heights they have over last 12 years for quite some time.

Maybe I'm wrong and they will unearth some more gems but I think their level will inevitably drop off a little.

ROFLUTION

Messi, but we'd have to arrange a friendly against Stoke to finally put him to the test.

ROFLUTION

On a serious note, I don't think we should buy anyone from Barca. Only buy hungry players on the way up, like under Fergie.

Don't waste our time on say Dembele, who has like what - 5 games this season? Also already has gotten that big move, which didn't bring succes. Chance is he's not motivated, or the same will happen here.

We can't be sure of players like him being hungry, so rather spend the money safely on a hungry player who wont cause trouble if he doesnt cut it here. Fati might be the exception, but I don't know - Is his heart not mostly at Barca? We want players that gives everything to United.

JPRouve

Scout
Think it started with Ronaldinho and then just got better and better with Xavi Messi Iniesta.

They will always be a big club but I can't see them reaching the heights they have over last 12 years for quite some time.

Maybe I'm wrong and they will unearth some more gems but I think their level will inevitably drop off a little.
But their previous level wouldn't be a particularly big drop off, so it feels like an overstatement particularly when you consider that United has barely played in the CL since 2013 after never being out of it for +20 years, you also have Milan's decline.
I think that people overstate the issues at Barcelona, the team is filled with very good players that would start for almost every teams on earth, the issue is that they don't play as a team, people also overstate the contracts to older players since Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez are out of contract next year and Piqué in 2022. Barcelona are actually quickly going to be very young within 24 months while having a team full of young talented players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But their previous level wouldn't be a particularly big drop off, so it feels like an overstatement particularly when you consider that United has barely played in the CL since 2013 after never being out of it for +20 years, you also have Milan's decline.
I think that people overstate the issues at Barcelona, the team is filled with very good players that would start for almost every teams on earth, the issue is that they don't play as a team, people also overstate the contracts to older players since Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez are out of contract next year and Piqué in 2022. Barcelona are actually quickly going to be very young within 24 months while having a team full of young talented players.
We will see. I think they will suffer a little after Messi like we did after Fergie. You can't replace the irreplaceable I'm afraid.

OleBoiii

Messi, maybe... He'll have to outperform Greenwood and James, though!

JPRouve

Scout
We will see. I think they will suffer a little after Messi like we did after Fergie. You can't replace the irreplaceable I'm afraid.
Of course they may suffer a little but it won't be something that we have never seen, since United and Milan exist. People said the same thing about Real Madrid and I argued that they simply needed to do something else when Ronaldo leaves because in reality both clubs are full of very good players, they don't need Messi and Ronaldo to be among the best teams in the world, the same way Bayern didn't need Ribéry and Robben. It's nice to have them because it makes things easier but these clubs have players that can provide more when managers forget about Messi or Ronaldo and focus on the team as a whole.
Even if Messi disappeared today Barcelona's first XI would be one of the best in the world and it would actually be easily balanced which is one of their issues today:

---------------------Suarez
Coutinho---Griezmann---Fati
-----------De Jong----Vidal
Alba---Lenglet---Piqué---Roberto
---------------Ter Stegen

That line up coached by a good manager is difficult to play against and can be very consistent. It won't be as magical as a team with Messi but it's also a team that can have a very compact and energetic midfield. Yes the striker has lost a step but he is still one of the most clinical strikers in the world. I will say what I said about Real Madrid, they will be fine because they have talented players that should be there during the transition and it will be even easier to rebuild without Messi because you don't have the same tactical headaches and can focus on the team.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Of course they may suffer a little but it won't be something that we have never seen, since United and Milan exist. People said the same thing about Real Madrid and I argued that they simply needed to do something else when Ronaldo leaves because in reality both clubs are full of very good players, they don't need Messi and Ronaldo to be among the best teams in the world, the same way Bayern didn't need Ribéry and Robben. It's nice to have them because it makes things easier but these clubs have players that can provide more when managers forget about Messi or Ronaldo and focus on the team as a whole.
Even if Messi disappeared today Barcelona's first XI would be one of the best in the world and it would actually be easily balanced which is one of their issues today:

---------------------Suarez
Coutinho---Griezmann---Fati
-----------De Jong----Vidal
Alba---Lenglet---Piqué---Roberto
---------------Ter Stegen

That line up coached by a good manager is difficult to play against and can be very consistent. It won't be as magical as a team with Messi but it's also a team that can have a very compact and energetic midfield. Yes the striker has lost a step but he is still one of the most clinical strikers in the world. I will say what I said about Real Madrid, they will be fine because they have talented players that should be there during the transition and it will be even easier to rebuild without Messi because you don't have the same tactical headaches and can focus on the team.
That team doesn't win them the league or CL. Fact. That's failure for a club in a league where's there's only 2 teams who can realistically win the title bar the odd year in about 20.

Robbo*

Alba might be worth a look, what would he be worth? Busquets has got a Schweinsteiger-type risk all over it!

JPRouve

Scout
That team doesn't win them the league or CL. Fact. That's failure for a club in a league where's there's only 2 teams who can realistically win the title bar the odd year in about 20.
That's not a fact, Real's first XI isn't better. and they don't have to win the CL or League to be a very good team and during a transition.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That's not a fact, Real's first XI isn't better. and they don't have to win the CL or League to be a very good team and during a transition.
They didn't win it this year with Messi mate. That team is awful without him. I'd fancy Ole's United to beat that team 6 ot 7 times out of 10. Coutinho is a total flop. Vidal is finished. So is Pique. Suarez on the decline.

You overate that team a lot. It's pants.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
I'd take Junior Firpo. Very good player who'll cost way less than Chillwell. Dembele on loan with option to buy (only if Havertz deal falls through)

JPRouve

Scout
They didn't win it this year with Messi mate. That team is awful without him. I'd fancy Ole's United to beat that team 6 ot 7 times out of 10. Coutinho is a total flop. Vidal is finished. So is Pique. Suarez on the decline.

You overate that team a lot. It's pants.
Because they were poorly coached not because they lacked quality, that's my entire point. Just an example in the league Suarez has scored 16 goals in 2000 minutes while Benzema scored 21 in 3000. Coutinho is a flop because he didn't fit with their tactical setup, Vidal was actually very good this season.

Do you actually watch Barcelona or Madrid?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Because they were poorly coached not because they lacked quality, that's my entire point. Just an example in the league Suarez has scored 16 goals in 2000 minutes while Benzema scored 21 in 3000. Coutinho is a flop because he didn't fit with their tactical setup, Vidal was actually very good this season.

Do you actually watch Barcelona or Madrid?
No offence mate but you're coming off as a huge Barca fan boy. There's no convincing you.

That Barca team is in serious serious decline. You can pretend it's not all you want but it is. There's no world class players at the top of their games anywhere in that side now bar Messi. A few years ago there was at least 4 or 5 of them.

Pique, Alba, Busquets, Suarez, Vidal are now all past their best.

JPRouve

Scout
No offence mate but you're coming off as a huge Barca fan boy. There's no convincing you.

That Barca team is in serious serious decline. You can pretend it's not all you want but it is. There's no world class players at the top of their games anywhere in that side now bar Messi. A few years ago there was at least 4 or 5 of them.

Pique, Alba, Busquets, Suarez, Vidal are now all past their best.
Why wouldn't I be a fanboy because I don't exaggerate something that really shouldn't? All of these players are declining and are past their best but it doesn't make them poor in 2020 which was the point that I was making, Alba is still an excellent player but he struggled with hamstring injuries this season, Piqué is still a good defender but is vulnerable in foot races, Vidal has been excellent, Suarez is still a great finisher but is very inconsistent athletically.

And there is Ter Stegen as a world class player at the top of his game. Now who are these world class players at the top of their games for Real Madrid?

Havak

Pokemon master
Never thought I'd say this but I don't think I'd take anyone from that Barcelona side... If we did, it'd have to be a cut-price deal and they take close to a 50% wage cut for it to be worth it. These kinds of players don't seem to be our strategy any more and I am absolutely fine with that.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
I'll have 2 Messis, one De Jong and half an Ansu Fati.

MadMike

None of the ones that would be of interest to us will be made available. We'd be interested in their young players (De Jong, Dembele, Fati etc) and from the older ones only in Messi.

So let them look elsewhere for buyers of their deadwood.

red4ever 79

Think the only one I would consider would be the young dutch lad in midfield, De Jong. Looks a good prospect and would be a good signing for us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
None. Would have taken Dembele but as per the interview he is not for sale. From the players available, wouldn't take anyone.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
None of the players named. They are the wrong profile of player for us, and also almost all of them are past their prime.

Barca have serious problems, and i think it starts with accepting that they need to reboot and stop trying to re-create the 09-11 team which had a ridiculous amount of talent suited to their system.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Based on the following Bartomeu statement:

“He’ll stay. Messi, Ter Stegen, Lenglet, Semedo, De Jong, Griezmann and Démbélé are not for sale”. J. Bartomeu also added that “Coutinho can stay here, if Koeman want him”

For the available ones I would go for either Jordi Alba or Junior Firpo and Semedo.

Also if possible I would go for Coutinho, dont care he used to play at Liverpool he's class and should be available for around 60M.

The rest are either on a clear decline while overpaid or simply not good enough.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
None of first team squad, all on massive money and over the hill.

I would take Puig and Fati from the youth ranks. Don't think even Bartomeu will be stupid enough to let them go though...