Barcelona Fire Sale - who are you taking?

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Suarez wouldn't touch Utd so that ge can keep his scouse hero legacy intact. Messi isn't coming to Utd whilst Ped is at Ciddy. The rest are just the type of player we shouldn't be signing.

I seriously hope City get Messi and he destabilises them.

flash F.C.

Suarez wouldn't touch Utd so that ge can keep his scouse hero legacy intact. Messi isn't coming to Utd whilst Ped is at Ciddy. The rest are just the type of player we shouldn't be signing.

I seriously hope City get Messi and he destabilises them.
If that happens do you think united should look at riyad mahrez as a RW option?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
he has been awful for the last ~ 2-3 years.
2 years and a half, and only in big games

Hard to say how much is down to him fading and how much was tactical failures

For sure, he's can't be a Casemiro, but he's still excellent in the press and counterpress and very dangerous if he has time on the ball

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So if I've got it correct Vidal, Suarez, Nelson Semedo and Puig all leaving.

Starting to cull the over 30s although I'd have personally keep Suarez for one more year. His all round game has declined but he can still contribute decent number of goals a season.

Guess Koeman wants to actually give Griezmann a more direct role upfront which makes sense as no one is signing him for what Barca paid.

Is Semedo that much worse than Sergi Roberto? Guess premier league clubs signing their cast offs for 30m + is much needed.

Will leave them with quite a small core squad (17 outfield players if you include Alena and Todibo) so interested who they get in, I assume Winjnaldum will eventually happen with Vidal leaving, Lauturo Martinez perhaps not.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Starting to cull the over 30s although I'd have personally keep Suarez for one more year. His all round game has declined but he can still contribute decent number of goals a season.

Guess Koeman wants to actually give Griezmann a more direct role upfront which makes sense as no one is signing him for what Barca paid.

Is Semedo that much worse than Sergi Roberto? Guess premier league clubs signing their cast offs for 30m + is much needed.

Will leave them with quite a small core squad (17 outfield players if you include Alena and Todibo) so interested who they get in, I assume Winjnaldum will eventually happen with Vidal leaving, Lauturo Martinez perhaps not.
Koeman will fail badly this season without an out and out striker and a midfield to share the work load of Messi. Messi has been dropping deep and moved to the central area from right wing since Neymar & Iniesta left to create chance for the team, and left a big void in the right side. Semedo is not Alves he can't fill the void left behind by Messi. I am not sure how koeman is going to fix it.

Edit
Semedo joined Wolves. I can't believe Barca sell the player before get replacement in. I bet Koeman will bring in lots of dutch players and fail.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

And Rakitic too.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Semedo is beyond useless going forward and average defensively. Roberto is below average defensively but quite good going forward. At the end of the day, parting ways with Semedo made sense because he was never a Barcelona fullback.

Having watched Dani Alves for 8 years, Semedo made me want to gauge my eyes out every time he had the ball in the opponent’s half. Shockingly bad.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Busquets is still good, isn’t he? Yeah probably only him
he has been awful for the last ~ 2-3 years.
Busquets is still a useful player against teams like Eibar who sit deep. His passing between the lines is still exquisite. Against the athletes of Bayern Munich or Liverpool he is a huge liability. His lack of mobility and ageing legs are truly exposed in those games.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Loaning out Dembele now, they really are just going to have 4 unsellable players left in their squad by end of this. :lol:

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Loaning out Dembele now, they really are just going to have 4 unsellable players left in their squad by end of this. :lol:
Makes zero sense, don't think it will happen. Out of that horror 400M trio of signings he's the one who has actually been good and useful whenever fit.

Zen

Makes zero sense, don't think it will happen. Out of that horror 400M trio of signings he's the one who has actually been good and useful whenever fit.
Hardly. But even if so, he's clearly the biggest liability of the three. Tactically maybe not, I'd still expect something to shine from Griezmann and Coutinho if Koeman pulls it off, Dembele slightly less so, he was a massively expensive punt.

DevilRed

Debt has risen to a whopping 488m euros.

Doubled in the span of a year.

They are in deep deep shit.

I'm expecting more clubs to be in the same boat pretty soon. Including fecking dortmund.

Barcelona announce total debt has doubled to €488m amid coronavirus pandemic

Barcelona have announced losses of €97 million for the 2019-20 season and confirmed that their total debt has doubled to €488m.

Barca had hoped to become the first club to break €1bn in revenue last season but saw their finances hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Among other losses, Barca explained that they lost €47m in matchday revenue, €35m in sales at the club shops and €18m in ticketing from the museum based at Camp Nou.
Barca took several measures to try and limit expenditure and counter the losses including asking the first team players to take temporary a wage cut. They saved €44m on salaries as a result.
The revenue of €855m is down on the €990m posted by the club at the end of the 2018-19 season.

In addition to the losses, Barca also revealed that the club's debt has doubled from €217m in June 2019 to €488m at the end of this June.

There is no explanation for the steep rise in debt, although the club did take out financing to secure the €120m signing of Antoine Griezmann last season even before having to deal with the coronavirus.

Barca also said the pandemic will continue to hit their finances hard, with games still being played behind closed doors in La Liga.

Predicted revenue for 2020-21 is €791m, a drop of 8% in relation to the income confirmed for last season

As a result of the continued losses, Barca have been forced to drastically reduce their wage bill. The departure of big earners like Luis Suarez, Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitic has helped them cut costs.
However, they have struggled to bring in large transfer fees with those three players leaving for a total of €1.5m up front.
That has left them hamstrung in the transfer market. They have so far signed Miralem Pjanic and Sergino Dest but are still pursuing deals for Eric Garcia and Memphis Depay, two players who are out of contract with their respective clubs next summer.

Untd55

I think they probably should have taken the hit with Messi this season. If they finish second, they earn 60m euros, but 52m will be going on Messi's wages alone. Even without Messi, I still think they could finish in the top four, and end up with more prize money at the end of it. 44m prize for fourth with the wage of Messi gone.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
glad we kept dembele. He’s great when fit and coutinho looks reborn under Koeman