Bastian Schweinsteiger | Exit Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'm a little surprised we've not heard anything about where he'd be going - I thought the "wages won't be an issue" leak the other day was designed to draw-out some interest, but I don't think there have been any links even since then. So, is there no interest at all for him? Surely there must be. Is it instead that he doesn't want to go anywhere and is happy to sit on his contract with us?

sugar_kane

Seems to be remaining quite professional in public, but kind of confirming that he’s training by himself at the time.

That's clearly not Manchester, and why are the signs in the background written in German??

(joking - at least on the second point)

Blackwidow

200k a week of course he is gonna be professional and it's not like he needs matches to get picked for Germany now that he has retired from international football.
He did not move to United because of the money - even if he for sure tried to milk United when he made a contract.

I am pretty sure he does not want to end his career at e.g. Crystal Palace. He has two years left before he probably will end his career and if he cannot find something suitable in this month I can see him doing a year or two in the MLS.

It is the same situation in which a Gerrard, Lampard, Xavi or Alonso were. They have played big roles in big clubs and aged in that. It is either a big club from the status of their own in another country - when they still can cover the role - or it is the MLS or Qatar.

Tiber

If we played 4-3-3 with:

Pogba-Schneiderlin/Herrera
....Carrick......

Bastion and Carrick might have been a good pair to split that more defensive passing role :(

Shimo

Class guy. Think most teams would be lucky to have him in the squad. Still think he should at least be in with the rest of the senior squad - even in training he can bring a lot and he isn't causing waves.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's a classy person. Hope he finds a new club soon. Has no future here, but maybe shouldn't be training with the reserves.

Scarr

He was great today, a humble classy tweet. I feel a tiny bit sorry for him. I think he originally wanted to come here and he successful after milking us more for wages of course. But I'm willing to stand by Mourinho with his decision. He should move on and make the most out of the final days of his career.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Class guy. Think most teams would be lucky to have him in the squad. Still think he should at least be in with the rest of the senior squad - even in training he can bring a lot and he isn't causing waves.
There's no need to give him false hope.

His time here is done. We don't know how the team dynamics are with him there. A few social media posts hardly say anything.

I respect the career he has had ,but he's not part of the first team.Why train with them?

HabeasC

Don't get how he is being frozen out the way he is
Basti was a good calming presence last season when he played but it was far too rare when he did. His legs seem to have mostly gone and whilst he is a good passer, he was never on the level of Pirlo or Scholes in terms of passing. Was more of a box-to-box phenom. So, for footballing reasons, it is understandable why he might not be wanted anymore.

More importantly, it might also be a power thing. Mourinho wants to take control and has basically substituted Van Gaal's experienced side man (Basti) with his own (Ibra). By doing this, the players will have a role model who is closely aligned to the manager and is probably a way of ensuring the dressing room stays on his side.

The main reason Basti came is because of Van Gaal and, whether or not he would make things difficult for Jose, it's understandable that Jose would want to make this replacement. Though, I don't like at all how it has been done because BFS has been a gentleman and a role model at all times at United.

Brightonian

I still don't really understand what happened to prompt this freezing out. Surely it's not just because Mourinho doesn't think he has a use for him? And it can't be because of his brother's tweet because that in itself was a response to the situation.

Have I missed something amidst all the Pogba madness?

Dr Pavel

I still don't really understand what happened to prompt this freezing out. Surely it's not just because Mourinho doesn't think he has a use for him? And it can't be because of his brother's tweet because that in itself was a response to the situation.

It's political.

K2K

Mourinho has basically selected a group that he wants to work with ,with the rest surplus to requirements.

Those have been told that they will not feature and advised to find another club. This includes a whole raft of former first traners like Januzaj ,Blackett and Bastian. Those have had their lockers moved to the reserve team and are training with them.

It just so happens that Bastian is the highest profile of these and thus the ensuing media madness . I think it was a simple choice between Carrick and Bastian for Jose. LVG had seemingly chosen Bastian ,while Jose prefers the former.

Bastian and Jose have never worked together,so this is hardly personal.

Infra-red

If we played 4-3-3 with:

Pogba-Schneiderlin/Herrera
....Carrick......

Bastion and Carrick might have been a good pair to split that more defensive passing role :(
Yes I think that could work. He's not been great for us, but as things stand he and Carrick are the closest we have to 'controlling midfielders' at the club. Unless United go out and splash a big pile of money on Jorginho/Tolisso or similar in the next fortnight, that doesn't look like changing.

Terminator

He and his passive aggressive tweets can * off. Did he say ever stuff like this when he was in the first team but not playing? Milking all the sympathy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Can't he just join Monaco? His wife will love training there, if she isn't already.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He and his passive aggressive tweets can * off. Did he say ever stuff like this when he was in the first team but not playing? Milking all the sympathy.
He actually tweeted the same things from the start.

K2K

Yes I think that could work. He's not been great for us, but as things stand he and Carrick are the closest we have to 'controlling midfielders' at the club. Unless United go out and splash a big pile of money on Jorginho/Tolisso or similar in the next fortnight, that doesn't look like changing.
Appears we will not necessarily play with controlling mids in every game as shown today.

Blind in the team allows us to play from the back. Mourinho won't back down on this. I can't see Bastian playing a single minute here. He is best served by leaving

ThanksBoss26

I hope he can get a move this window. I'd imagine he will.

He's done here so would rather him go somewhere he can get games.

Brightonian

Mourinho has basically selected a group that he wants to work with ,with the rest surplus to requirements.

Those have been told that they will not feature and advised to find another club. This includes a whole raft of former first traners like Januzaj ,Blackett and Bastian. Those have had their lockers moved to the reserve team and are training with them.

It just so happens that Bastian is the highest profile of these and thus the ensuing media madness . I think it was a simple choice between Carrick and Bastian for Jose. LVG had seemingly chosen Bastian ,while Jose prefers the former.

Bastian and Jose have never worked together,so this is hardly personal.
Cheers for the explanation. Although I should point out that's not what happened to Januzaj, he's been sent out on loan and Mourinho says he wants him to make it work here.

K2K

Cheers for the explanation. Although I should point out that's not what happened to Januzaj, he's been sent out on loan and Mourinho says he wants him to make it work here.
Januzaj is still part of the plans . But I was pointing out how Januzaj also had to change lockers and train with the reserves too.

It wasn't just Bastian. Obviously he can't be sent on loan so he is being sold instead .

RedStarUnited

He is generally a great ambassador for the club on social media. Between him and Rooney, You would think he was captain.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Once van Gaal got sacked, a lot of articles were released which stated that the players weren't particularly pleased with Schweinsteiger, who would spend a lot of time going back to Germany to be treated - general feeling of a special level of treatment was given to him over the others. Philib de Brun or whatever his name is also touched upon that a couple weeks back. It was also a bit strange how Schweinsteiger looked absolutely tip-top for Germany after a whole season where he started 10 games. I think it's true, but there are a few on here who believe it's all intrigue from Rooney who is a mastermind working to besmirch everyone but himself.

But whilst I do think it's true, I don't think it's the reason he's frozen out. I genuinely think it's like what @K2K says. Mourinho doesn't want him as part of his first team plans, and anyone who isn't part of the plans/squad are just simply not relevant.

ThanksBoss26

Once van Gaal got sacked, a lot of articles were released which stated that the players weren't particularly pleased with Schweinsteiger, who would spend a lot of time going back to Germany to be treated - general feeling of a special level of treatment was given to him over the others. Philib de Brun or whatever his name is also touched upon that a couple weeks back. It was also a bit strange how Schweinsteiger looked absolutely tip-top for Germany after a whole season where he started 10 games. I think it's true, but there are a few on here who believe it's all intrigue from Rooney who is a mastermind working to besmirch everyone but himself.

But whilst I do think it's true, I don't think it's the reason he's frozen out. I genuinely think it's like what @K2K says. Mourinho doesn't want him as part of his first team plans, and anyone who isn't part of the plans/squad are just simply not relevant.
Just a bit more on that subject from the Manchester Evening News

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-united-news-schweinsteiger-mourinho-11706790

Rossa

Basti was a good calming presence last season when he played but it was far too rare when he did. His legs seem to have mostly gone and whilst he is a good passer, he was never on the level of Pirlo or Scholes in terms of passing. Was more of a box-to-box phenom. So, for footballing reasons, it is understandable why he might not be wanted anymore.

More importantly, it might also be a power thing. Mourinho wants to take control and has basically substituted Van Gaal's experienced side man (Basti) with his own (Ibra). By doing this, the players will have a role model who is closely aligned to the manager and is probably a way of ensuring the dressing room stays on his side.

The main reason Basti came is because of Van Gaal and, whether or not he would make things difficult for Jose, it's understandable that Jose would want to make this replacement. Though, I don't like at all how it has been done because BFS has been a gentleman and a role model at all times at United.
If, and it's of course a big if considering we can only speculate, mourinho has demoted Schweinsteiger due to the reasons you mentioned then I think that is disconcerting. It's reminiscent of a stepmother removing all the pictures of a mother and rearranging all the kitchen drawers as some way to get rid of the other person. Honestly, why just they don't piss on a light post and be done with it?

Schweinsteiger may have regressed some, but he is still a quality player and is still able to get up and down the pitch quite well. He has never been fast. The problem is that we are now too well stocked in central midfield with good players. Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Pogba, Schweinsteiger - that is some serious depth and quality. Then you have Blind, TFM and Pereira who can all contribute there. That is 9 players, and I believe all would play in the PL for several teams.

HabeasC

If, and it's of course a big if considering we can only speculate, mourinho has demoted Schweinsteiger due to the reasons you mentioned then I think that is disconcerting. It's reminiscent of a stepmother removing all the pictures of a mother and rearranging all the kitchen drawers as some way to get rid of the other person. Honestly, why just they don't piss on a light post and be done with it?

Schweinsteiger may have regressed some, but he is still a quality player and is still able to get up and down the pitch quite well. He has never been fast. The problem is that we are now too well stocked in central midfield with good players. Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Pogba, Schweinsteiger - that is some serious depth and quality. Then you have Blind, TFM and Pereira who can all contribute there. That is 9 players, and I believe all would play in the PL for several teams.
Maybe it is me being a bit cynical, but we all know how Mourinho is. Schweinsteiger would not have been first choice in MF regardless and perhaps Mourinho sees him as over the hill/too expensive to be part of the squad. Mourinho has always been ruthless if there is someone he no longer deems to be god enough for the squad.

It would not surprise me though if it is a power issue.

MounchesterUtd

I hope he pulls a 2006 Beckham and plays himself to the team. I genuinely believe that Basti and Pogba as the two no. 8s in a three man CM has insane potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.