FC Bayern München v Manchester United FC
UEFA Champions League Quarter Final, 2nd Leg
Wednesday, 9 April 2014.
Kick Off 19.45 (20.45 CET)

Last 3 Games (click picture to enlarge)

Last edited:

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Rafael at RB with Jones replacing Fellaini.

Play Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck and Valencia up top. If Rooney is injured then Nani in!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Some big decisions for Moyes in defense.

Stick with Buttner? Or bring back Evra? Bring Smalling back into the side? Or stick with Rio and Vidic?

Also please drop Fellaini and bring in Kags.

entropy

I am more worried about the LB position, I was confident Buttner will start but the late sub has me thinking. I still think Evra should not start.

walsh

Stick with Buttner? Or bring back Evra? Bring Smalling back into the side? Or stick with Rio and Vidic?

Evra and Smalling have to start in my opinion. Rio and Vidic did well but I still wouldn't feel comfortable with them starting together. Evra is the senior man and one of the main leaders so will definitely start if fully fit.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I can see it now.

The Rooney-Welbeck-Shinji axis of evil destroy the Dante-Boateng pairing and grab the win in Munich. We draw PSG in the semi finals and advance to the final on away goals. In the final Moyes takes off the shackles in the 50th minute resulting in a high goal thriller, with a last minute goal from Chicarito sealing the win and trophy for Manchester United.

Meanwhile Mata takes care of business in the league, ensuring a 5th place finish. Liverpool end up 4th. Hilarity ensues from all corners. Suarez fecks off to Madrid.

Dream with me.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rooney
Welbeck Kagawa Valencia
Carrick Jones
Evra Vidic Ferdinand Rafael
De Gea
Seems a no brainer for the lineup if they're all fit. If Rafael is out, put Fletcher in at midfield and Jones at right back. If Rooney is also out, put Welbeck up top and then Nani left wing. Either way, Kagawa has to play, Fellaini shouldn't play, the rest can mix around.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Anyway uefa can bend the rules and allow Mata to play in this game? :lol:

It will be a tough game since we will have to go in with the mentality that we have to score to progress. Moyes will have to make a big choice towards the style of football we adopt and whether Fellaini or Evra should start. With Ferndinand and Vidic our most likely center back pairing, we may have to neglect a high pressing game to incorporate these two in our back four.

Team I want to see:

-------------------De Gea---------------
Rafael--------smailling---vidic-------evra
---------------Carrick---jones-----------
Valencia---------Rooney-----kagawa------
-----------------Welbeck-------------------

Last edited:

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I can see it now.

The Rooney-Welbeck-Shinji axis of evil destroy the Dante-Boateng pairing and grab the win in Munich. We draw PSG in the semi finals and advance to the final on away goals. In the final Moyes takes off the shackles in the 50th minute resulting in a high goal thriller, with a last minute goal from Chicarito sealing the win and trophy for Manchester United.

Meanwhile Mata takes care of business in the league, ensuring a 5th place finish. Liverpool end up 4th. Hilarity ensues from all corners. Suarez fecks off to Madrid.

Dream with me.
nice dream :)

Scarecrow

Having a week off
-----------------De Gea-----------
Rafael----Smalling--Vidic----Evra
-----------------Jones-------------
----------Fletcher---Carrick-------
----Kagawa--Rooney--Welbeck--- ---> Front 3 could be rearranged in any shape and form.

How 'bout it?

binary bot
DDG, Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney, Valencia, Carrick, Welbeck all certainties IMO.

Welbeck
Young/Nani/Kagawa/3inthemiddle - Rooney - Valencia
Carrick - Jones/Cleverley/Fellaini
Evra/Buttner - Vidic - Ferdinand - Jones/Rafael
DDG

The left side decisions will be interesting, who he plays as a winger or will he opt for a third cm and whether Buttner/Evra play. Fletcher ninety minutes today suggests he won't start.

Winrar

Bayern have looked lethargic recently, though in fairness they've been half fielding their B-team in the league since they won it.

I'm tipping for a narrow Bayern win still.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I wouldn't start Rafa even if he's fit.

He's been far too much of a loose cannon this season. I'd stick with Jones at RB and play Vidic and Smalling at CB.

Uniquim

Interesting results for the last three games.
To be fair, they won the league v Hertha Berlin (3-1) in the game before Hoffenheim, we lost 3-0 v City in the game before Villa. Bayern did have a hard time v Mainz in their 2-0 win in the game before Hertha Berlin though. Mainz almost took the lead on counter-attacks on several occasions, but cracked after conceding the first goal after 82 minutes.

Uniquim

I wouldn't start Rafa even if he's fit.

He's been far too much of a loose cannon this season. I'd stick with Jones at RB and play Vidic and Smalling at CB.
Had half an eye on the Bayern game today. Looked like Augsburg played with a narrow back four, so using centre-backs as full-backs might not be a bad idea.

NK86

Bayern have looked lethargic recently, though in fairness they've been half fielding their B-team in the league since they won it.

I'm tipping for a narrow Bayern win still.
They won it one game ago.

alastair

ignorant
0-0, I think.

I reckon Bayern will be a little off because of the loss of their two CMs but United just won't break through on the night and fall short.

Mad Winger

-------------- DDG ------------
Smalling - Vidic - Jones - Büttner
-------- Carrick - Fellaini -------
-- Januzaj - Kagawa - Welbeck -
----------- Hernandez ---------

Evra showed a worrying lack of pace today and Büttner did well last time, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Fellaini is only in there to scare the Bayern players. We need a mean player with active elbows for this game. Januzaj has been so much better than Valencia, so need to explain that one further.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
-------------- DDG ------------
Smalling - Vidic - Jones - Büttner
-------- Carrick - Fellaini -------
-- Januzaj - Kagawa - Welbeck -
----------- Hernandez ---------

Evra showed a worrying lack of pace today and Büttner did well last time, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Fellaini is only in there to scare the Bayern players. We need a mean player with active elbows for this game. Januzaj has been so much better than Valencia, so need to explain that one further.
I'd switch Jones with Smalling, and replace Fellaini with Fletcher.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Playing so well without Rooney today has upped my confidence for this match. Would like to see Fletcher feature next to Carrick, and Valencia, Kagawa, Welbeck and Hernandez up front.

Uniquim

Playing so well without Rooney today has upped my confidence for this match. Would like to see Fletcher feature next to Carrick, and Valencia, Kagawa, Welbeck and Hernandez up front.
Mine too. It's just too bad we will have to play without Mata.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Evra being substituted was an indication he'll start.

Last edited:

Treble

I hope we'll do a Chelsea and win the thing. But we'll probably lose by 3-4 goals, particularly if they score first.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Yes! Fletcher is a great organiser, and Bayern seemed to be susceptible to pace at the back - without Rooney that would be our ideal side.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Fellaini is definitely going to start. Sadly.

I want to see

Fletch - Carrick - Giggs/Kagawa

Valencia - Chic - Welbeck

LR7

Fellaini being subbed off today was irritating because it can only mean Moyes was taking him off early to rest him to start this.
:(

Hopefully Evra and Kagawa play. I'd pick Januzaj too. I think Moyes needs to be bold rather than safe.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
With Rooney -

De Gea
Smalling Ferdinand Vidic Buttner
Carrick Jones
Valencia Kagawa Welbeck
Rooney
Without Rooney -

De Gea
Smalling Ferdinand Vidic Buttner
Carrick Jones
Valencia Kagawa Nani
Welbeck

against

Mandzukic
Ribery Gotze Robben
Kroos Lahm
Alaba Dante Boateng Rafinha
Neuer
Am I getting cocky or do we have a chance against that team? As long as we keep in mind not to get caught on the counter against Ribery/Robben we can do it I think. Gotze is not in the best of forms this season and Mandzukic isn't the best striker in the world. With Jones & Kagawa we can also try to press them in the middle more than we did in the home leg.

Munich 3 - United 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.