Bayern Munich 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangagal

Old men get angry, shaking their fists at clouds. That's really it because the people in Germany who have always been the harshest in their critique are these Bayern bosses themselves. It's absolutely ridiculous that they would come out and criticize everyone else while they have been doing exactly what they criticize for years. It's not double standard, it's even worse, it's a warped sense of reality that two convicted criminals like Hoeness and Rummenigge go out there and try to tell the media and analysts what they are allowed to say and what not. Of all public meltdowns in German football, this has to be the worst as there are no entertaining qualities as there were with Trappatoni for example.
I don't think it's anything out of order. Kovac seems out of his depth, so the media picks on him and on the club as a whole, becaus performances aren't great. DIE MANNSCHAFT had a group stage exit at the WC and it didn't look like Löw was reforming, so the media picks on them, too. It's a bit rough for the Bayern's NT players, because they get slammed on both fronts, but that's life as an elite footballer.

The funny thing is a can totally see KHR and Hoeneß acting smug (like saying if they don't want the criticism they should do better work) if this was happening to another club.
The trigger was when after the NL-Germany match, the press singled out Neuer, Boateng, Hummels (and Muller), saying they are finished etc.

Plus lots of ridiculous stories in the last few weeks about internal proceedings at Bayern, but most of them seemed true.

German punditry scene is heavily dominated by Ex Bayern players (Effenberg, Matthaus, Kahn) who like to dish it out and they hate that.
Cheers mates.
Imagine what would they said if that British media doint to them like United maybe they all of them in court.
But, is that type of rant okay by Bundesliga and DFB?

flappyjay

I thought Bayern were an example of how we should be run, at least that's what I read here.

Karappa

I'm sure it will be compared to Trappatoni's press conference in the future, but that one had a lot of entertainment value and a certain charme because of the language barrier. This one was much more like the press conference of a German girlband back in the day called Tic Tac Toe who publicly embarrassed themselves and each other right in front of the press. It was meant to be their big comeback and it was essentially their end in the business. Bayern have made crucial mistakes for some time now and have still enjoyed a lot of success because of the advantage they had stemming from the past. Somehow you get the feeling they could have used up that advantage and are now on the same level as other teams in Germany and it strikes fear into the hearts of their bosses who historically tend to react like that when they feel cornered.

If anything the criticism they and the national team got in the last couple of weeks was very mild compared to other countries. Even Loew admitted "If that backlash was all I'm fine with it."

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
No entertainment value? This stuff is brillant. I laughed at Hoeneß being criticzed for his double standards, Rummenigge citing the constitution, Brazzo, well, being Brazzo not understanding anything that happens around him just repeating hollow phrases while trying hard to appear serious and competent and so much more. My highlight was when the journalist asked Hoeneß if he himself wasn't too hard when he criticized Özil and Hoeneß answered "I shouldn't have said 'shit', I should've said crap" as if that would make it that much better :lol:

For the German speakers I can only recommend the 11freunde liveticker. Pure comedy: https://www.11freunde.de/liveticker/die-pk-von-hoeness-rummenigge-und-brazzo

Karappa

No entertainment value? This stuff is brillant. I laughed at Hoeneß being criticzed for his double standards, Rummenigge citing the constitution, Brazzo, well, being Brazzo not understanding anything that happens around him just repeating hollow phrases while trying hard to appear serious and competent and so much more. My highlight was when the journalist asked Hoeneß if he himself wasn't too hard when he criticized Özil and Hoeneß answered "I shouldn't have said 'shit', I should've said crap" as if that would make it that much better :lol:

For the German speakers I can only recommend the 11freunde liveticker. Pure comedy: https://www.11freunde.de/liveticker/die-pk-von-hoeness-rummenigge-und-brazzo
It has a certain entertainment value but the truth and the problem is these people actually believe what they said and these are the people in power. It makes you afraid just to think what goes on in the minds of politicians and what warped sense of reality they must have to say certain things or act in certain ways. As a Bayern fan (that I'm luckily not) I would be terrified after seeing this complete public meltdown by the club's leadership.

Handré1990

Much respect for the club. We’ve had some great battles with them, and a very good relationship outside football (Munich tragedy). The people running the club though, what the actual feck? In Norway I suspect convicted criminals would be banned from serious business positions.

Hope we meet them at the biggest stage again with real stakes, sooner rather than later.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Total public meltdown by the entire club leadership today - and people around here dissect every word by Mourinho in press conferences. This was at least a year worth of his packed into a single one. And it just confirmed that Hoeness, Rummenigge et al have a really warped sense of reality and just aren't up to the task anymore. They are one of the biggest problems at the club and a main reason they are heading in the wrong direction.
Can you even imagine if Mourinho said those things in a press conference? Media would have an absolute field day, every football show would be a José special.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Cheers mates.
Imagine what would they said if that British media doint to them like United maybe they all of them in court.
But, is that type of rant okay by Bundesliga and DFB?
I don't think either polices that kind of stuff. How Bayern act with the media is their own thing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Some media are reporting that Bayern denied a DPA (the German press agency whose write ups are used by almost everyone) photographer access. As far as I can tell their texts are as speculation-free and down the middle as possible. Even byt the standards Bayern themselves set earlier today that's crazy.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
This is a meltdown of epic proportions :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't happen to a better club, their fans needed to be brought down a peg or two.

el3mel

The quotes about Bernat and Ozil are very embarrassing to come from the club president. Like seriously ? So Bernat was the reason you got nearly got KOed ? What about the absolute failure of the previous years too ?

DavidDeSchmikes

"The fake news media are always attacking Bayern Munich, so not nice. Dirty Der Spiegel have been writing nasty FALSE articles about your favourite president and your favourite football club. We got rid of Juan Bernat, because he was a total LOSER, so bad. Mesut Ozil is by the far the worst footballer to play for Germany, total sh!te, never won anything as a player"

"This is a WITCH HUNT by the fake news media, MAKE BAYERN MUNICH GREAT AGAIN!!!!"

"Enemies of the people are now saying that Kiko Kovac is under pressure. Totally NOT true! HOAX!!!!

"The Bundesliga and the media is RIGGED against Byern Munich. Not FAIR."

Infestissumam

Drawfull

Meltdown or no, if the UK (and Spanish) press is anything to go by, they do get too much of a free reign to write whatever unsubstantiated bollocks they like and if BM decide to try and sue the lot of them for fake news, misinformation and so on, good fecking luck to 'em I say!

Infestissumam

Meltdown or no, if the UK (and Spanish) press is anything to go by, they do get too much of a free reign to write whatever unsubstantiated bollocks they like and if BM decide to try and sue the lot of them for fake news, misinformation and so on, good fecking luck to 'em I say!
it's not so much fake news that they are pissed about, it's more the fact that players like Neuer, Boateng, Hummels etc. get criticised for their performances and they don't like it. That's why Hoeneß calls for "respect and dignity" ... two minutes before he brands Özil and Bernat as crap players.

The only parts that could relate to misinformation are, I believe, rumours about Tolissos injury and them deciding against buying Sancho.

Drawfull

it's not so much fake news that they are pissed about, it's more the fact that players like Neuer, Boateng, Hummels etc. get criticised for their performances and they don't like it. That's why Hoeneß calls for "respect and dignity" ... two minutes before he brands Özil and Bernat as crap players.

The only parts that could relate to misinformation are, I believe, rumours about Tolissos injury and them deciding against buying Sancho.
Ah right, I assumed that they were subject to the kind of crap we have to put up with. Thanks.

Karappa

How grotesque was this complete meltdown? A German website known for satire called "Postillon" posted an article about today's press conference - and it sounds even more absurd and made up than their usual stuff. But it's just a report of what really happened with actual quotes :lol:

deafepl

The trigger was when after the NL-Germany match, the press singled out Neuer, Boateng, Hummels (and Muller), saying they are finished etc.

Plus lots of ridiculous stories in the last few weeks about internal proceedings at Bayern, but most of them seemed true.

German punditry scene is heavily dominated by Ex Bayern players (Effenberg, Matthaus, Kahn) who like to dish it out and they hate that.
That's United level but German version.

deafepl

I thought Bayern were an example of how we should be run, at least that's what I read here.
People have no clue, didn't they? On the pitch performance have no impact on how the club is running, I would say we're a very good club running with excellent health financial status. When we perform so poor, they always point at the board and blame it on them. I think Bayern is a very good club running but if you put Pep as manager of Bayern, they would be looking like contenders.

United Junkie

They should've parted ways with that lunatic tax cheat the moment he was found guilty.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Funny old thing most successful german clubs is having a bad patch, of course the german media will target your club more, they look at it like a goldmine as Bayern may find form thus harder to poke holes. So whilst the troubles within the club are going on, so will the media attention.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's wild - and he was allowed back at the club? Madness
they pretty much met him from jail! He was back in the door the second he was released.

Hoeness is just an absolutely absurd character, he just has no semblance of what he's saying half the time, today being the perfect example.

This was why I was more than happy if Tuchel had gone to Bayern in the summer (which I am sure he is very happy he didn't do!) cos he and Hoeness would probably have had a fist fight by this point :D

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Incredible scenes. I cannot believe they actually thought that was a good idea. I mean it's mid-October and they are only four points behind the top. It's not ideal and their players received a lot of criticism for their performances both for Bayern and the German national team, but the season is still long. They needed to remain calm. It's incredible that some tougher weeks result in such a meltdown. Quoting the constitution that human dignity is inviolable. Holy crap, how detached from reality are these people? :lol:

This will make things only worse. If they fail at the weekend the media will slaughter them and it will only create more chaos. There are no benefits from this press conference whatsoever. Even Bayern fans are embarrassed.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Us, Bayern, Barca and Real need to always be good simply because the fanbase and the people running the club simply can not handle any sort of failure. It is not even November and the board is already acting like this. Imagine if they had Hamburg's struggle.

redshaw

Would be funny to see Arsenal knock out Wenger's Bayern in the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.