Kick-off
Wed, 20 September 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sixdwarf

I'm not fed up. Am numb. Conditioned myself not to feel anything at all. Which is exactly how this shower operate. There's no passion. The build from the back is so so slooooow and totally predictable.

UDontMessWith24

I mean it's so obvious Bayern aren't even trying that hard.

Ten Hag has to make a change, the plan didn't work so he has to adapt and adjust something meaningful.
    They had two shots on target and scored both. We created a couple of clear cut chances. How is the plan not working?

Matt851

[/QUOTE]
    Yep was
    Just can't believe how Onana has turned to absolute shit once he rocks up here :lol:

We are cursed :(
    Was he actually a poor shot stopper before? Didn't see much of him prior to united

Ollie Derbyshire

Squandered a final attack before the whistle by just moseying about. Shambolic stuff.
    Shocking isn’t it, we just have zero ideas about anything. There really isn’t any point pointing out the obvious flaws in this team anymore, they are plain for everyone to see.

big_jeffstar

Don’t know why we even bother turning up.. just give every team the 3 points,
    it’s like watching the same game over and over again for eternity

peridigm

Question here is that United now has a big problem in goal. Onana just doesn't look like he can handle this level. As if the other positions on the pitch weren't problematic enough.
    C'mon now. His previous team made it to the CL final and that wasn't the first time he played. Players make mistakes. If we still had DDG and he made a mistake like that, which he has, everyone would be saying he needs to be replaced. Collectively, the squads heads are down and something or someone needs to fix that. Be it the manager, club psychiatrist, or the kit man.

ManUnitedCanuck

I mean it's so obvious Bayern aren't even trying that hard.

Ten Hag has to make a change, the plan didn't work so he has to adapt and adjust something meaningful.
    I don’t know we have had chances, goals change games. We didn’t convert our chances which would make things very different.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Mentally scarred team. We played alright barring the little spell. One mistake and they all start shaking. Composure... forever lacking from this club.
    Pretty difficult to have it with all the shit that's going on to be honest. Terrible atmosphere around our club.

I still say they need to push through it. Will likely lose this game so just say feck it and play with some freedom. See if we can get a bit of goal scoring going. At least 1 goal!

laughtersassassin

Hard to describe how bad the tram and ETH are compared to last year.

We barely scored any goals last year and now we score probably half the amount?

And now we concede probably 5 times the amount.

This can't go on much longer. 5 games to turn it around max for me!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    In the Cup Final he did exactly what Onana did tonight - body shape all wrong
    But Atleast he saved some shots now and again, like I said. Onana seems a liability whenever there is a shot on target so far. Hopefully he settles down

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    IMO the biggest issue is Casemiro and Eriksen have been run into the ground. They aged 5 years in one season. This is why we look so shite, the midfield is not functional.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Can see Pellistri coming off at half time. His first touch has been poor. I guess it's not his fault getting thrown in the deep end like this.

evil_geko

You are aware there’s a second half to play? You’re laughing at them being 3 goals away from the 5 goal objective you yourself have posted.
    And second half will magically make them better? They are fecking awful!

Castia

You have to wonder what we do in training all week

The play In the final third is just embarrassing. There’s no cohesion what so ever.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
    Kane was never going to be sold to us. I hate that this continues to be peddle as if levy would give his best player to a rival, it wouldn't have happened
    If Kane would have come out publicly and said either accept United’s bid or I leave on a free next year he would have been sold to us.

Zed is not dead

Honestly, I can’t even blame the team for looking beat when even after playing quite decent against Bayern your keeper decides that every shots on target are de facto goals

Dannn411

Literally the most creative player in the Premier League is mediocre.

Cantona fecking wept, this place.
    Well "the most creative player in the PL" is yet again anonymous in a big game playing in a position where its very difficult to be anonymous and is being totally shown up by a 20-year old. And oh btw the idea that Bruno is the most creative player in the PL is downright laughable.

Cantona in disguise

The first 25 mins thought United looked decent. Shocking mistake and the body language of the whole team changed. Mistakes (although a howler) happen. Why can't this lot get going again.

C'est Moi Cantona

It's just the natural level United always seem to fine no matter who the manager is... I wonder what the actual issue could be here, umm, I can't think.

tomaldinho1

Weirdly I feel we’ve just had our best performance of the season, I would say comfortably the better team yet were 2 nil down. Onana has to swallow that error - can’t be seeing another one of them this season and the second goal was bloody lucky with a pinball bounce for Musiala to lay off the ball.

Reguillon been excellent, Bruno-Case-Eriksen just works much better than any other midfield we have, Pelly done ok and to be honest everyone has played relatively well. Before the howler, Onana was basically running the game like a QB.

Still a lack of genuine goal threat and Rashford seems always a bit sulky but strangely I think we can get back into this. We’re passing through them, flanks are getting a bit of joy and we just need that glimmer of hope.

Josep Dowling

So many of our poor results this season can be traced back to one moment in the game. The team just doesn't have the bollocks to recover from setbacks anymore.
    So many individual errors when it matters. Pellistri has to reach that ball, even if he was fouled. There was plenty of time to tap it in the net. Onana’s mistake. Rashford’s constant miss placed passing when he actually does attempt a pass. Dalot on the counter and passed straight to Bayern CM.

This team cannot do the basics, which is passing well. Main culprits being Rashford and Bruno but as they are seen as our best players and undroppable it never improves.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    Aaah feels like the same thing all the time. Were not that bad, were just missing something now, mainly a good defence for a start.

Feel like we've become prone to huge individual errors and the our heads drop.

Bit disjointed going forward too.

joedirt87

This is terrible, we didn't even over commit to attacking ands till conceded 2.

Schnappo

I actually thought we played well for the most part. Frustrating to see us play well in and out of possession only for Onana to gift them a goal. It must be utterly demoralising. But as we've seen, this team don't deal well with set backs.

El Jefe

I said it last season that the way ten hag sets us up is what led to the hammerings we received last season.

He doesn’t respect the other team’s strengths enough and it no surprise that we have such a terrible away record against decent teams.

He’s very naive.

DavidDeSchmikes

can't wait until the injured players come back

But even so, we just look mentally weak. I thought we were doing well until Onana's mistake

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    Dunno what you can do but laugh. Onana is the best keeper in the Champions League last year. Most clean sheets. Most saves. Best player on his team in the final.

One game in the competition for us and he's literally throwing them in the net. It's just incredible. :lol:

James35

What worries me more about us being so far from a top club is the fact that the actual top clubs all still look miles off Man City. Think they’ll walk a treble this time.

ManUnitedCanuck

At this level you have to take your chances, something United have struggled with for many seasons. Not taking those chances and then conceding is a killer blow. Happens routinely and then you see the performance just slide

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Just can't believe how Onana has turned to absolute shit once he rocks up here :lol:

We are cursed :(
    Didn't really see much of him at Inter but he always looked a walking error at Ajax imo. He is the definition of flappy.

Bobski

Bayern have been really quite bad, if Utd had any sort of resilience or mental fortitude they could be ahead in this game as there have been some decent moments.

Cas and Eriksen was a stopgap even last year and had often struggled even before the Eriksen injury.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw